inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: MAGIC! continues success for Canadian artists internationally ...

Written By: whistledog on 08/10/14 at 6:30 pm

2014 is turning out to be a great year for Canadian artists, and continuing the tradition of great music, one group from Toronto has created a song that is a fresh change of pace from the other stuff you generally hear on the radio and I love it ...

Rude is a song by a Canadian group called MAGIC!  First a hit in Canada and Australia in November/December of 2013, it has since become a world-wide hit in 2014, topping the chart in the UK for 1 week and is currently in it's 4th week at #1 in the US.  It's predicted by some to become a one hit wonder, but the follow-up single Don't Kill the Magic has already become a popular hit in Canada (I quite prefer it over Rude)

MAGIC! - Rude
PIh2xe4jnpk

MAGIC! - Don't Kill the Magic
_R4qb6_RPUc

Rude topped the UK chart the first week of August and is the 3rd song by a Canadian artist to reach the UK pole position so far in 2014 following Hideaway by Kiesza (back in April) and Tsunami (Jump) by DVBBS and Borgeous featuring Tinie Tempah (back in March)

Subject: Re: MAGIC! continues success for Canadian artists internationally ...

Written By: Visor765 on 08/10/14 at 8:19 pm

This song kind of sounds like a spiritual successor to that Ace of Base song "The Sign"...

Written By: XYkid on 08/10/14 at 8:23 pm

I hate that song "Rude", it's the most whiny song on the radio right now. And the lyrics make no sense too, how can you be so concerned about your girlfriend's dad thinks and the next minute say "I'm gonna marry her anyway".

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 08/15/14 at 10:00 am

I can't really form a good opinion of this song without overloading the profanity filters but WUT DA PHUCK WAS THAT?!

Check for new replies or respond here...