inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I'm looking forward to 2015!

Written By: 80sfan on 08/29/14 at 9:13 pm

2014 has been okay. It wasn't the hell I have been through from 2007 to 2013, but a trillion times better then any of those years!

But I missed the first four months of this year because I was still in my mental dullness until the first week of May. So 2014 felt very swift and fast. Also, it made me feel like I missed eight months of the year, even though it was only four months.

You? How has 2014 been for you so far?

Subject: Re: I'm looking forward to 2015!

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/29/14 at 9:28 pm

It has been good for me. I started college. I graduated for earning my GED.  I met more new friends. I completed my first semester of college and have now started the second.  I'm also looking forward to 2015 too.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 08/30/14 at 4:13 am

I am not sure about this. Can't believe that it's been 15 years since 2000 hit.

But on the other hand - I am really looking forward to finally finish university and get a teaching job in 2015 :)

Written By: Howard on 08/30/14 at 7:04 am

But on the other hand - I am really looking forward to finally finish university and get a teaching job in 2015 :)

good luck with that.

Written By: Howard on 08/30/14 at 7:07 am

2014 has been ok for me and at work, it has been quite the busy year for Pathmark especially with the renovation that finished up early in the month and looking forward to another workfull year.

Written By: KatanaChick on 08/30/14 at 7:02 pm

Work has been going better this year, and I don't look forward to turning 30 in 2015. It feels like not long ago I turned 20.

Written By: loki 13 on 08/30/14 at 7:22 pm

Work has been going better this year, and I don't look forward to turning 30 in 2015. It feels like not long ago I turned 20.

Time is a funny thing, it doesn't speed up and it doesn't slow down....at least on earth it doesn't. No, time doesn't
change, just our perception of time does. When we were children it took for ever for us to become teens, then eons
to become adults. Then a strange occurrence; once you become of legal age, you blink your eye and you are 52. yep,
time is a funny thing and looking forward to years is wishing away precious minutes of my life. screw you time...

Written By: 80sfan on 08/31/14 at 12:24 am

Time is a funny thing, it doesn't speed up and it doesn't slow down....at least on earth it doesn't. No, time doesn't
change, just our perception of time does. When we were children it took for ever for us to become teens, then eons
to become adults. Then a strange occurrence; once you become of legal age, you blink your eye and you are 52. yep,
time is a funny thing and looking forward to years is wishing away precious minutes of my life. screw you time...

Time can be a cruel b---h.  :(

Written By: 80sfan on 08/31/14 at 12:25 am

It has been good for me. I started college. I graduated for earning my GED.  I met more new friends. I completed my first semester of college and have now started the second.  I'm also looking forward to 2015 too.

I start college in January 2015!

Written By: 80sfan on 08/31/14 at 12:29 am

15 years.  :o

Written By: 80sfan on 08/31/14 at 12:31 am

2014 has been ok for me and at work, it has been quite the busy year for Pathmark especially with the renovation that finished up early in the month and looking forward to another workfull year.

Must be great to have new renovation, something new!  :)

Written By: 80sfan on 08/31/14 at 12:33 am

It felt like I missed age 18 to 25.  ;D

I'm just now waking up from a coma!

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/31/14 at 3:00 am

Thats awesome :). I hope you have fun when you start. 

Written By: Howard on 08/31/14 at 2:31 pm

I felt the same way and I just turned 40 years old this past March.

Written By: Howard on 08/31/14 at 2:32 pm

Time can be a cruel b---h.  :(

It sure can.

Written By: Howard on 08/31/14 at 2:33 pm

Good Luck. :)

Written By: Howard on 08/31/14 at 2:33 pm

Must be great to have new renovation, something new!  :)

place looks a bit bigger.

Written By: Howard on 08/31/14 at 2:34 pm

Next Year, Pathmark of Ozone Park will celebrate 30 years. :)

Written By: 80sfan on 08/31/14 at 2:55 pm

Thats awesome :). I hope you have fun when you start.

Thanks.  :)

Written By: 80sfan on 08/31/14 at 2:57 pm

Next Year, Pathmark of Ozone Park will celebrate 30 years. :)

Congrats to you guys and girls! And thanks for the 'good luck'.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/31/14 at 2:57 pm

It sure can.

:o

Written By: batfan2005 on 09/01/14 at 6:48 pm

I'm looking forward to 2014 being over. It's been one of those years in which almost nothing has been going right for me. Work has been especially stressful. Also, the music and movies leave a lot to be desired. I've had worse years, but 2014 is definitely my least favorite year of the 10's so far.

Written By: 80sfan on 09/01/14 at 6:54 pm

I'm looking forward to 2014 being over. It's been one of those years in which almost nothing has been going right for me. Work has been especially stressful. Also, the music and movies leave a lot to be desired. I've had worse years, but 2014 is definitely my least favorite year of the 10's so far.

What was the worse year of your life??  ??? :o

Written By: Howard on 09/02/14 at 2:48 pm

I am looking forward to 2015, maybe I can still change my life around.

Written By: XYkid on 09/02/14 at 11:27 pm

So far, I've enjoyed it. I got my first car, completed my first year of college, moved out. I feel my life has been improving.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 09/03/14 at 12:46 am

So far, I've enjoyed it. I got my first car, completed my first year of college, moved out. I feel my life has been improving.
So did I, except it my first semester instead. I have a main feeling that you graduated high school in 2013.

Written By: Paul on 09/03/14 at 3:36 am

You? How has 2014 been for you so far?

Good - insofar as I'm still alive! This gets increasingly more important the older you get, youngsters!

Written By: batfan2005 on 09/03/14 at 7:09 pm

What was the worse year of your life??  ??? :o

Probably 1998. That year was just bad from January 1st to December 31st.

Written By: XYkid on 09/03/14 at 7:21 pm

So did I, except it my first semester instead. I have a main feeling that you graduated high school in 2013.
Yup, I graduated a year later than I should have.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 09/03/14 at 8:30 pm

Yup, I graduated a year later than I should have.
Is there a reason?

Written By: XYkid on 09/03/14 at 9:04 pm

Is there a reason?
I had to repeat grade 7.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 09/03/14 at 9:48 pm

I had to repeat grade 7.
Ohhh. How was middle school for you?

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/04/14 at 2:20 am

Good - insofar as I'm still alive! This gets increasingly more important the older you get, youngsters!
Ditto!

Every year extra is a bonus!

Written By: Howard on 09/04/14 at 2:44 pm

Probably 1998. That year was just bad from January 1st to December 31st.

What was bad about it?

Written By: Howard on 09/04/14 at 2:49 pm

Ditto!

Every year extra is a bonus!

I agree with you.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/04/14 at 2:51 pm

I agree with you.
The more the merrier!

Written By: bchris02 on 09/05/14 at 8:48 am

2012-14 has been hell for me.  I miss 2008-11. I don't have very high hopes for 2015 either being that i'll likely still be stuck in this small town and I'll be turning 30.

Written By: Visor765 on 09/23/14 at 2:33 pm

I don't look forward to turning 30 in 2015. It feels like not long ago I turned 20.

I look forward to turning 20 in 2015! It feels like so long ago I turned 10!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 09/23/14 at 3:26 pm

3 more months left.  :o

Written By: TheEarly90sGuy on 10/02/14 at 10:14 pm

Predictions
--------------

Fifty Shades of Grey will be a smash hit at the box office.

Blackish, Girl Meets World, How To Get Away With Murder and Orange is the New Black will all have their jump the shark moments.

90s kids are going to flock to Jurassic World at the IMAX Theater.

Another Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Miley, Rihanna ,Adele or Lorde album will be released?

The Whitney Houston Story

Ant-Man will be the new Guardians of the Galaxy. More people will see it over The Avengers: Age of the Ultrons.

More news on rather Hill will run or not in 2016.

No more challenges.

We can expect minion (from Despicable Me)  overkill. One 60s song off the soundtrack to "Minions" will reach the Top Ten on the Billboard Hot 100 charts.

Written By: Howard on 09/30/15 at 1:41 pm

How do you feel 2015 turned out since we have another 3 more months left to the year?

Written By: Mat1991 on 09/30/15 at 4:30 pm

How do you feel 2015 turned out since we have another 3 more months left to the year?

Mostly sh***y for me.

I was depressed and not feeling school at all during the spring semester. My grades dropped and now I'm on academic probation. I wasn't able to do a summer internship in Spain, either, because of that.

Written By: 80sfan on 09/30/15 at 4:33 pm

The autumn of this year feels like the beginning of an era, a new and happier one, in my life. 2015 was mostly about tying up loose ends, especially the summer.

Written By: #Infinity on 09/30/15 at 5:52 pm

I came into 2015 thinking it would finally be the first great year in my life in ages.  Instead, I was tortured by a very long string of disappointments, allowing my growing displeasure with the state of the world and my own personal situation to grow larger than ever before.  I've met several other women on dating sites, and in every single case, just as I started to get my hopes up, they disappeared for good.  I basically feel like a completely powerless and unwanted person, whose personal quirks and opinions bear no weight or attractive influence.  This website is really the only place that feels like home to me, as it takes me back to eras during which the wretched culture of the mid-2010s didn't exist.

Written By: 80sfan on 09/30/15 at 7:47 pm

I came into 2015 thinking it would finally be the first great year in my life in ages.  Instead, I was tortured by a very long string of disappointments, allowing my growing displeasure with the state of the world and my own personal situation to grow larger than ever before.  I've met several other women on dating sites, and in every single case, just as I started to get my hopes up, they disappeared for good.  I basically feel like a completely powerless and unwanted person, whose personal quirks and opinions bear no weight or attractive influence.  This website is really the only place that feels like home to me, as it takes me back to eras during which the wretched culture of the mid-2010s didn't exist.

When was your last good calendar year?

Written By: mqg96 on 09/30/15 at 7:54 pm

One thing I've noticed about 2015 is that it's the first full year I'm no longer in mandatory/grade school since 2000, however, doesn't feel like it since I'm a sophomore in college right now getting my credits in. This year has been really great for movies so far IMO, and some more great ones will be coming out later this year. The music this year.... meeehhh it's still hit or miss for me, but that Whip-Nae-Nae song just gives me heart cancer. Each year still enjoying the excitement of college football and the NFL and my teams are having a good start so far! So that's about all I got.

Written By: Howard on 10/01/15 at 7:33 am

I thought 2015 would've been good until Pathmark started to go bankrupt and will now be a Stop N Stop by next month.

Written By: #Infinity on 10/01/15 at 8:26 am

When was your last good calendar year?

2010.  That was when I completed my junior year of high school and entered senior year.  My grades were on the rise, and I was becoming increasingly ambitious about my future as I began applying to college.  I had an excellent season of track in the spring and a wonderful cross country season in the fall.  My high school crush was still on positive terms with me, saying hi to me in passing.  Music was at its best since 2002.  Essentially, this was the year that made me positively anticipate the 2010s decade, before it went rotten.

2011 was also a great year...at least during the rest of high school.  The first five months were a further culmination of the positive things about 2010, but once that period came close to its end, everything slowly started to fall apart.  A bit over a week following my graduation, I made an ill-fated phone call to my high school crush, fearful that I had made her uncomfortable the past few months and wanting to ease whatever tension existed between the two of us.  I invited her to lunch, to which she replied, "Um, I don't think that's a good idea," confirming all of my worst anxieties and basically setting the tone for the rest of the decade up to this point.  After a depressing and unproductive summer, I began my first semester of college, which, on top of forcing me to adjust to a completely different climate and workload, was made only more painful when my high school crush (not at the same college as me) blocked me on Facebook a month after I started classes.  Though at the time this allowed me to fully embark on a new beginning in learning about myself, the guilt of the mistakes I made with my high school crush have haunted me to this day, especially as I have not seen the more positive social outcomes that I have so desperately fought for with other women since the debacle.  On the bright side, 2011 was the year I did best in school, having earned straight A's during my final semester of high school, as well as having one of my highest-averaging college semesters.  2011 was really pretty complex for me.  It was definitely a significant year in my life, but 2010 was still the last year that was overall positive all the way through.

Written By: mqg96 on 10/01/15 at 9:05 am

I had an excellent season of track in the spring and a wonderful cross country season in the fall.

You were active into running too!? I did cross country all 4 years as well, my lowest time in the 5k was around 19:30. I did manage to get some 5k runs under 20 minutes a few times throughout my career. But I was really inconsistent during the off seasons, I could have done much better. I hated the courses with too many steep hills and the few ones that was only 1 whole lap around rather than 2 like most of the courses. Makes it feel like the race goes my much slower.

Written By: 80sfan on 10/01/15 at 1:28 pm

2010.  That was when I completed my junior year of high school and entered senior year.  My grades were on the rise, and I was becoming increasingly ambitious about my future as I began applying to college.  I had an excellent season of track in the spring and a wonderful cross country season in the fall.  My high school crush was still on positive terms with me, saying hi to me in passing.  Music was at its best since 2002.  Essentially, this was the year that made me positively anticipate the 2010s decade, before it went rotten.

2011 was also a great year...at least during the rest of high school.  The first five months were a further culmination of the positive things about 2010, but once that period came close to its end, everything slowly started to fall apart.  A bit over a week following my graduation, I made an ill-fated phone call to my high school crush, fearful that I had made her uncomfortable the past few months and wanting to ease whatever tension existed between the two of us.  I invited her to lunch, to which she replied, "Um, I don't think that's a good idea," confirming all of my worst anxieties and basically setting the tone for the rest of the decade up to this point.  After a depressing and unproductive summer, I began my first semester of college, which, on top of forcing me to adjust to a completely different climate and workload, was made only more painful when my high school crush (not at the same college as me) blocked me on Facebook a month after I started classes.  Though at the time this allowed me to fully embark on a new beginning in learning about myself, the guilt of the mistakes I made with my high school crush have haunted me to this day, especially as I have not seen the more positive social outcomes that I have so desperately fought for with other women since the debacle.  On the bright side, 2011 was the year I did best in school, having earned straight A's during my final semester of high school, as well as having one of my highest-averaging college semesters.  2011 was really pretty complex for me.  It was definitely a significant year in my life, but 2010 was still the last year that was overall positive all the way through.

I hope things get better for you.

Written By: 80sfan on 10/01/15 at 2:17 pm

By 2014 things started opening up for me and by 2015 I was/am in high gear!  8)

Written By: Howard on 10/01/15 at 2:57 pm

By 2014 things started opening up for me and by 2015 I was/am in high gear!  8)

And that's when you started to write your book.

Check for new replies or respond here...