inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cops Detain Daniella Watts Assuming She Is Prostitute

Written By: danootaandme on 09/15/14 at 5:29 am

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/566261/20140915/django-unchained-danielle-watts-prostitute-arrested-racism.htm#.VBa8pGK9KSN

Daniela Watts, who starred in Django Unchained was detained by police when she was spotted in a car kissing a white man.  They wanted her ID to see if she was a prostitute. She refused to show ID since she had done nothing wrong, she was in the car kissing her boyfriend, Chef Brian Lucas.  She was later released.  There will be an inquiry to see if racism was involved.  YA THINK!!

The only surprise here is that the cops didn't stop her to see if they couldn't get in on the action.  When I was 15 a cop crossing guard asked me if I gave blow jobs.  It was the first time I ever heard anything like that.  That wasn't the last time I received unwanted, and unwarranted attention from a cop.

Subject: Re: Cops Detain Daniella Watts Assuming She Is Prostitute

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/15/14 at 5:16 pm

From what I read in another article, she was flat-out having sex with some dude in his car. He was sitting in the passenger seat whilst she straddled him. The passenger door was open and when they were, uh, *done*, they wiped themselves off with a tissue.

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2014/09/15/django-actress-daniele-watts-lapd-race-card-fame-audio

That kinda explains an arrest or at least a police stop.  Maybe the tissue will go up on eBay.  8-P

Written By: danootaandme on 09/16/14 at 4:53 am

From what I read in another article, she was flat-out having sex with some dude in his car. He was sitting in the passenger seat whilst she straddled him. The passenger door was open and when they were, uh, *done*, they wiped themselves off with a tissue.

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2014/09/15/django-actress-daniele-watts-lapd-race-card-fame-audio

That kinda explains an arrest or at least a police stop.  Maybe the tissue will go up on eBay.  8-P

All I hear is what we have already heard.  Regardless, if cops come to the scene, it is broad daylight, after watching they don't detect any illegal activity, then walk on by.  People could spend a life time calling in complaints about what people do, some actually do, doesn't make the complaint valid and shouldn't afford police the opportunity to stop and ask for ID based on "someone said something". 

Written By: danootaandme on 09/16/14 at 5:08 am

"On Thursday September 11, 2014, around 3:01 p.m., patrol officers from North Hollywood Division along with a patrol sergeant responded to a radio call of indecent exposure in the 11900 block of Ventura Boulevard. The citizen who called the police to complain told the 9-1-1 operator that a male and a female were involved in indecent exposure inside a Silver Mercedes with the vehicle door open.

The responding sergeant and police officers located two individuals that matched the description of the suspects, and they were briefly detained. Upon further investigation it was determined that no crime had been committed. Ms. Watts and her companion were subsequently released.

An internal complaint investigation has been initiated regarding this matter."

The police report is that one person called in a complaint. This kinda of thing can be a cause for celebration for bitter ex's.  Pissed about the new guy/girl call the cops, make a report.  Think those two over there shouldn't be holding hands, call it in.  When did cops asking for ID after observing that there wasn't any probable cause to believe that there was any wrong doing become acceptable?

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/16/14 at 9:30 pm

When did cops asking for ID after observing that there wasn't any probable cause to believe that there was any wrong doing become acceptable?

More to the point, California is not a stop-and-identify state.  Bad cop.  No donut.  When crossing state lines, if you give enough of a damn for your remaining rights to stand up for them, it's really important to know how those rights vary from state to state.  Federalism isn't supposed to be easy. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8JW75Lv25k

Capt. Vasili Borodin: I will live in Montana. And I will marry a round American woman and raise rabbits, and she will cook them for me. And I will have a pickup truck... maybe even a "recreational vehicle." And drive from state to state. Do they let you do that?
Captain Ramius: I suppose.
Capt. Vasili Borodin: No papers?
Captain Ramius: No papers, state to state.
Capt. Vasili Borodin: Well then, in winter I will live in... Arizona. Actually, I think I will need two wives.
Captain Ramius: Oh, at least.

As we know, the USSR imploded, the Cold War ended, and in the 25 years since the movie was made, Arizona is definitively not one of those "no-papers" states anymore.

eUHfyPylVL8

What a difference a generation makes.  (Major) props to the citizen for keeping his cool, and (minor) props to the KGB for neither shooting or tazing the citizen.  Both sides in that exchange did it right.  What's depressing is that both sides find it necessary to do it at all.  Once upon a time, and it wasn't that long ago, that "no papers, state to state" was one of the things that set America apart from the rest of the world.

Rights are like muscles.  If you don't exercise them, you lose them.

Check for new replies or respond here...