inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: AC/DC's Malcolm Young in Nursing Home

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/01/14 at 5:46 am

Just read that Malcolm Young is now in a nursing home, with dementia, and it was announced that he has left AC/DC, permanently.  The article went on to say that he has suffers "a complete loss of short term memory".  :-\\

This is certainly a shocker... he's only 61 years old and it appears that his condition came on fairly quickly.  My parents both suffered from dementia, but it occurred gradually and in their late eighties.

Subject: Re: AC/DC's Malcolm Young in Nursing Home

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 10/01/14 at 8:14 am

Yeah I heard that.  Someone close to the family said that if you walked out of the room and then walk back in he wouldn't recognize you.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/01/14 at 11:24 am

Yeah I heard that.  Someone close to the family said that if you walked out of the room and then walk back in he wouldn't recognize you.

I have a cuz who's like that but he does not have dementia. He just cannot remember faces. At all.

He lives with his sister, but during the day if he sees her on the street he will not recognize her (unless he hears her voice). His condition is called prosopagnosia or something like that.

Written By: Howard on 10/01/14 at 2:48 pm

I have a cuz who's like that but he does not have dementia. He just cannot remember faces. At all.

He lives with his sister, but during the day if he sees her on the street he will not recognize her (unless he hears her voice). His condition is called prosopagnosia or something like that.

My Grandmother (god bless her) is 97 and she has dementia.

Written By: gibbo on 10/01/14 at 7:14 pm

Malcolm's strong rythym guitar was brilliant ... His nephew, Stevie, will play in the band instead of Malcolm. Stevie is 57 years old and filled in for Malcolm on part of a tour back in 1988.  His playing and look (at that time) was almost identical to Malcolm's.

Sounds like the band will be in good hands.  Hard to replace Malcolm's songwriting ability though...

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/01/14 at 7:22 pm

... hope his nephew can cut it.

He's gonna learn that it's a long way to the top if you wanna rock and roll.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 10/03/14 at 12:11 am

He's gonna learn that it's a long way to the top if you wanna rock and roll.

If he does, it'll be from the record. That one Bon song that Brian won't do. He considers it "Bon's song." Then again, I don't think they've ever played "Big Balls." :p

Huge bummer about Malcolm. :( He's half the AC/DC sound. Not only that, but...

Angus may be the mascot, and Bon/Brian may be the voice, but Malcolm was the de facto spokesman for the band. Such a huge loss and big shoes to fill. It's only appropriate that they get another Young to take over. Remember, in a way, we wouldn't have AC/DC without The Easybeats and George Young.

Malcolm,

http://www.cookingideas.es/imagenes/scaled.AC_DC_cannons_t652.jpg

weeee saaaaluuuute yoooouuuu.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 10/03/14 at 1:34 am

The fans liked Stevie when he took over for Malcolm in 1988.  Why wouldn't the fans like Stevie now? ::)

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/04/14 at 9:50 pm

uT3SBzmDxGk

The end of one era is the beginning of another.  I dug through tributes to AC/DC from artists as diverse as Lemmy/Motorhead to the industrial sounds of Razed in Black and Birmingham 6.  But these two cellists covering Thunderstruck took the cake.  I'd heard of the slap bass before, but I'd never seen the rear of a cello used as a percussion instrument.

Written By: ralfy on 03/31/16 at 12:21 am

"AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson ordered 'to stop touring immediately or risk total hearing loss'"

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/03/acdc-frontman-brian-johnson-ordered-to-stop-touring-immediately-or-risk-total-hearing-loss/

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/31/16 at 3:28 am

"AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson ordered 'to stop touring immediately or risk total hearing loss'"

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/03/acdc-frontman-brian-johnson-ordered-to-stop-touring-immediately-or-risk-total-hearing-loss/

Yep. They signed up Axle Rose to take over the singing duties.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/31/16 at 11:57 am

Yep. They signed up Axle Rose to take over the singing duties.

That's a rumor! At least I hope it's a rumor?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/31/16 at 12:01 pm

That's a rumor! At least I hope it's a rumor?
I report here on the boards earlier this month.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=53412.0

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/31/16 at 12:26 pm

I report here on the boards earlier this month.

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=53412.0

How the hell is he supposed to reunite with the original line up of guns if he's filling in for Brian Johnson?

Written By: JordanK1982 on 03/31/16 at 11:15 pm

So which Nu Metal guitarist is going to take up the duties? My bets are on Tim Fluckey from Adema but Jerry Horton from Papa Roach also seems like a good candidate.

Check for new replies or respond here...