inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: A Fourth wave of feminism?

Written By: winteriscoming on 10/21/14 at 12:35 pm

Do you think for the past couple years we've been in a fourth wave of feminism? I've heard a lot about women's issues lately, particularly the concept of rape culture and cyberbullying. I think much of it has to do with women being harassed on the internet.

I had never even heard terms like "trigger warning" until 2012 or 2013. Anecdotally it seems like the teens and younger 20 somethings today are more likely to identify as feminists than women in their 30s. Before this decade started it seemed like people were weary of being thought of as feminist or politically correct while now it's increasingly seen as something to be proud of.

Actually come to think of it the whole Internet "Social justice warrior" thing was not even a big thing until maybe 3 years ago. i wonder if Occupy Wall Street is what brought it to the fore. The idea of white privilege was also not as widely known.

Subject: Re: A Fourth wave of feminism?

Written By: KatanaChick on 10/21/14 at 10:13 pm

Feminism. Here we go.

In my teenage years I considered myself a feminist, not knowing enough about it of course. Now I consider myself egalitarian. At one time feminism was about equality, now it's become dominated by SJWs who want more than equality, but special treatment.

I despise the term "rape culture" because like the term "trigger warning," "slut shaming," and everything else you hear these days, it's making unnecessary terms for things. That said it doesn't mean there is inequality where rape is concerned and that's a very serious matter and shameful. If it happens to a man it's more often than not swept under the rug. I don't think that's right.

What do you call it when a woman who does everything to lead a man on short of verbally saying yes ends up in a situation she later regrets? Especially if both parties inhibitions were lowered to begin with? There are situations in which it's a good idea to exhibit a little caution.

There are still plenty of instances a woman is granted rights to children she should not have because everyone knows women are nothing but caring.  ::)

As for cyberbullying, I don't know. It wasn't a big phenomenon when I grew up. I'd say girls could very well make up the majority who'd chose to bully in this fashion because they're more psychological attackers who really know how to make it personal. I say that from experience though.

I'm definately not PC, I try to call it like I see it.  :-\\

Written By: Emman on 10/22/14 at 3:21 pm

There's also something of a second wave of men's right activism was well, it first got started in the '70s.

Feminism. Here we go.

In my teenage years I considered myself a feminist, not knowing enough about it of course. Now I consider myself egalitarian. At one time feminism was about equality, now it's become dominated by SJWs who want more than equality, but special treatment

I consider myself a gender egalitarian was well, feminism has had enormous flaws from the 19th century onwards, feminism has a history of being more exclusive to white, upper middle class women and many of the early women's suffragist were very racist/sexist against black men after the passage of the 15th amendment(calling them sambos, savages, barbarians, ect.) even while black males were being subjugated with literacy tests(in voting), lynchings, and Jim Crow laws. Elizabeth Cady Stanton's "educated suffrage" argument was also very classist and excluded many poor women and women of color.

But "liberal" feminism was concerned with integrating women into public roles and dismantling legal patriarchy, so this is what I think people mean by early feminists being more for equality, it wasn't as focused on changing private behaviors and personal opinions so it seem a lot more tolerant. Then in the late 1960s radical feminists heavily criticized the older liberal feminism for trying to integrate women into what they perceived as a inherently corrupt, oppressive system.

Radical feminism attacked the more social and cultural aspects of patriarchy, so concepts like "rape culture", male privilege", "the male gaze" were created. But radical feminism is extremely divisive and extremely biased because women "enforce" patriarchal mores and expectations on men and other women, although women were more excluded in the more legalized aspects of patriarchy they are literally the other half of social/cultural patriarchy. They created a "gender as class" narrative to present all men as oppressors of all women, the kind of tribalism that is displayed in racism, classism, ect. does not exist strong enough in patriarchy because the intimate/familial relationships men and women have and women have voluntary conformed to patriarchal norms and have enforced it on their sons, daughters, husbands, ect.

Also their concept of male privilege is flawed, men benefit in specific situations but there are many situations where maleness quickly becomes a disadvantage, even a systemic disadvantage(sexism against men), especially when maleness combines with other forms of oppression, like black males being the main targets in lynchings, police violence, ect. because they were/are feared as brutes and threats.

Third wave feminism emerged to address the exclusiveness of earlier feminism and concepts like intersectionality emerged to address the combinations of race, gender, and class in the experiences of women of color but even third wave(and fourth wave feminism) is caught in the same erroneous, divisive "patriarchy is what men use to oppress womyn" narrative.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/22/14 at 4:30 pm

We live in a patriarch society. Women had to fight to achieve what men have been granted since the beginning of this nation-i.e. the right to vote. Once voting rights were secured for women in 1920, women have still had to fight for equal rights. The Equal Rights Amendment has failed to be ratified from 38 states to become part of the Constitution-so women have to fight for each piece of society separately.

There is the Lilly Ledbetter Act-granting equal pay for equal work. However, there is still a gap between what men & women are paid. In 2013, women were paid only about 78% of what men were paid for doing the same job.

Another issue that women have had to fight for is reproductive rights. The introduction of the pill in 1960, brought about the Sexual Revolution. However, the pill was not available to married women in some states and not available to unmarried women in others. It was the states trying to suppress women's reproductive rights.

In 1973, we had the landmark decision of Roe vs Wade which made abortion legal in this country. Now, the states are trying to roll that back. Again, it is the states who are trying to suppress women's reproductive rights.

In terms of this being a "rape culture," I hate to say it but this world has ALWAYS been a "rape culture." The only difference now is that it is being brought out into the open. And it has always been to blame the victim. "Oh she was asking for it by wearing those clothes." "It was her fault for walking alone." When you have elected officials using the term "legitimate rape" as if some rape wasn't really rape.  ::)

Another way that this patriarch society is trying to suppress women is by making people afraid of the term "feminist."  According to Webster's Dictionary:

Full Definition of FEMINISM
:  the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes
:  organized activity on behalf of women's rights and interests

Nothing scary there. But listening to some people, it is something to fear. I think their biggest fear will be to end the patriarch society and an egalitarian society will emerge.

And I'm sure you have noticed that I did not say that men were suppressing women. I said the states were-and are. Granted the state legislatures are ruled mostly by men but there are some women who vote for this crap. My point is that it is not a women vs men issue. It is the people vs the states and their billion dollar donors who want to keep the masses ignorant & divided. But, that is another issue.

Cat   

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/22/14 at 5:31 pm

What is "rape culture"? ???

Written By: philbo on 10/22/14 at 5:52 pm

In my teenage years I considered myself a feminist, not knowing enough about it of course. Now I consider myself egalitarian. At one time feminism was about equality, now it's become dominated by SJWs who want more than equality, but special treatment.

I grew up with two of the most "feminist" women I know, my mother & sister.  I've not heard either of them use the word for years, though.  Not entirely sure why, but it might be to do with the small but very vociferous minority for whom misandry would be a better definition than feminism - the type that thinks that to be "feminist" means you have to demean men at every opportunity. (If I may be allowed a slightly bragging-by-association diversion at this point: my mother was recently awarded an honorary doctorate by the local uni partly for her environmental work, but also her championing of women in politics & other areas.  She was one of the founders of the 300 group, to get 300 women in parliament; she founded an international travel organization for women.. she has been an inspiration to huge numbers of women in many different countries.  She's the reason I'd probably describe myself as a feminist, too)

Thing is, that in almost any grouping, be it men, women, Christians, Muslims, atheists - you find a vocal extreme who seem to get all the air time.  Instant news, social media & the internet have meant that these extremes have more reach than ever before, so everyone hears a lot more about (& especially from) them.  We all need to learn that the fundamentalist voices of the extremes do not necessarily represent the whole of a group, even if they happen to be the only voices one hears.

There's certainly a bunch of idiot extreme men who seem to be out to attack (online) any woman who speaks out, be it Emma Watson or Zoe Quinn (if you've not come across the #gamergate controversy, then I envy your ignorance), going as far as death/rape threats in "retaliation" though there's been nothing against which to retaliate.

I have to admit I'm not comfortable with terms such as "rape culture", partly because the only times I've heard them used in conversation were to quash argument: because this exists, any male/female interaction has to be viewed through this lens, even though it doesn't ring true for the overwhelming majority of my circle of friends & acquaintances. And there is definitely still a tendency amongst those with power & influence to share it mainly with people like them - typically white, anglo-saxon men as they're the ones with the power & influence.  The tendency to think that someone like yourself is going to be the best for the job is not necessarily sexist or racist, but because you think the person most like "you" will be able to do things like "you".. thus does privilege pass itself on.  It's difficult to break these sorts of cycles, but more has been done in the past few decades than in the rest of history put together.

Written By: Sita0 on 10/22/14 at 10:41 pm

My view:

Gender equality is a noble goal, and one that should be realized. So I'm ok with most past and present feminists.

However, some people think they're feminists, and they're really not. Those who claim that "microagressions" are everything. Those who think that they're somehow better than everybody. In a serious way.

Like this one!

http://i.imgur.com/QMbGVLG.png

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/23/14 at 10:47 am

My view:

Gender equality is a noble goal, and one that should be realized. So I'm ok with most past and present feminists.

However, some people think they're feminists, and they're really not. Those who claim that "microagressions" are everything. Those who think that they're somehow better than everybody. In a serious way.

Like this one!

And this is why extremists don't represent the entire group. She went too far with that comment. I don't even think she's a real feminist.

Written By: Howard on 10/23/14 at 3:16 pm

never heard of rape culture before.

Written By: Howard on 10/23/14 at 3:17 pm

My view:

Like this one!

What is she so angry about?  ???

Written By: Sita0 on 10/23/14 at 4:09 pm

And this is why extremists don't represent the entire group. She went too far with that comment. I don't even think she's a real feminist.

Completely agree; it's people like her (becoming unfortunately more common) that are tarnishing the name of those who actually are for rights.

What is she so angry about?  ???

Men exist and think they have a right to an opinion on something.

Written By: 80sfan on 10/23/14 at 4:18 pm

I'm a feminin.

Written By: Howard on 10/23/14 at 4:56 pm

Men exist and think they have a right to an opinion on something.

But it's true, I mean we don't? ???

Written By: Sita0 on 10/23/14 at 5:43 pm

But it's true, I mean we don't? ???

Listen to me you twat, your a fudgeing WHITE MALE. White males don't get to talk sheesh about ANY woman. It doesn't matter what they've done. They especially don't get to talk sheesh about strong, independent black women. You lost that right when you were born with that pink cock between your legs. I'm a woman, I'm a feminist. That means I'm automatically worth 100 of you. I want your donations, but I don't want to hear you talk about how people are "equal" anymore. Women > Men. End of.

Unfortunately, more of these people are coming out of the woodwork, the people who are actual feminists (pre-the name being adopted by the insane people you see here) are getting criticism because their reputation is being tarnished by these awful people.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/23/14 at 6:22 pm

Completely agree; it's people like her (becoming unfortunately more common) that are tarnishing the name of those who actually are for rights.
and because of people like her, that's when all of those generalizations come up about feminists that are not true.

Written By: 80sfan on 10/23/14 at 6:54 pm

People that are overly aggressive or judgmental of others don't get very far with their points of views. We all get aggressive once in a while but these people are just mostly looking for attention, and are aggressive all the time.

Written By: KatanaChick on 10/23/14 at 7:15 pm

We live in a patriarch society. Women had to fight to achieve what men have been granted since the beginning of this nation-i.e. the right to vote. Once voting rights were secured for women in 1920, women have still had to fight for equal rights. The Equal Rights Amendment has failed to be ratified from 38 states to become part of the Constitution-so women have to fight for each piece of society separately.

There is the Lilly Ledbetter Act-granting equal pay for equal work. However, there is still a gap between what men & women are paid. In 2013, women were paid only about 78% of what men were paid for doing the same job.

Another issue that women have had to fight for is reproductive rights. The introduction of the pill in 1960, brought about the Sexual Revolution. However, the pill was not available to married women in some states and not available to unmarried women in others. It was the states trying to suppress women's reproductive rights.

In 1973, we had the landmark decision of Roe vs Wade which made abortion legal in this country. Now, the states are trying to roll that back. Again, it is the states who are trying to suppress women's reproductive rights.

In terms of this being a "rape culture," I hate to say it but this world has ALWAYS been a "rape culture." The only difference now is that it is being brought out into the open. And it has always been to blame the victim. "Oh she was asking for it by wearing those clothes." "It was her fault for walking alone." When you have elected officials using the term "legitimate rape" as if some rape wasn't really rape.  ::)

Another way that this patriarch society is trying to suppress women is by making people afraid of the term "feminist."  According to Webster's Dictionary:

Full Definition of FEMINISM
:  the theory of the political, economic, and social equality of the sexes
:  organized activity on behalf of women's rights and interests

Nothing scary there. But listening to some people, it is something to fear. I think their biggest fear will be to end the patriarch society and an egalitarian society will emerge.

And I'm sure you have noticed that I did not say that men were suppressing women. I said the states were-and are. Granted the state legislatures are ruled mostly by men but there are some women who vote for this crap. My point is that it is not a women vs men issue. It is the people vs the states and their billion dollar donors who want to keep the masses ignorant & divided. But, that is another issue.

Cat 

The states absolutely are, and some women are indeed part of the problem. Priveledged people who think they're so lofty as to be above the issues "common" people might face. The birth control controversy is still going and all I see are double standards on these matters. Rape blame is nothing new, but it pertains to men and women like I said earlier. In modern times it's appalling that such a serious violation on a person less than murder is not taken seriously. Women must have been asking for it, while men can't be raped or it must not have happened. That's the attitude I've seen.

My view:

Like this one!

That's Tumblr for you.  ::) SJW's at their finest. That's not feminism, that's female supremacy. What discussion does it promote other than invoking a WW3 style flame war?

Written By: winteriscoming on 10/23/14 at 7:18 pm

The states absolutely are, and some women are indeed part of the problem. Priveledged people who think they're so lofty as to be above the issues "common" people might face. The birth control controversy is still going and all I see are double standards on these matters. Rape blame is nothing new, but it pertains to men and women like I said earlier. In modern times it's appalling that such a serious violation on a person less than murder is not taken seriously.

I think rape is taken very seriously; I've heard people seriously advocate for executing rapists. Seems a bit OTT to me  :o , but I could get behind life in prison for serial offenders. I think the fact people take rape allegations so seriously is part of the reason they are also so skeptical of them.

Written By: KatanaChick on 10/23/14 at 7:22 pm

I think rape is taken very seriously; I've heard people seriously advocate for executing rapists. Seems a bit OTT to me  :o , but I could get behind life in prison for serial offenders. I think the fact people take rape allegations so seriously is part of the reason they are also so skeptical of them.

In court and by the law yes, largely but not entirely. There are still incidents that are swept under the rug and offenders who get slaps on the wrist. With society the urge to blame is still there and isn't going away.

People that are overly aggressive or judgmental of others don't get very far with their points of views. We all get aggressive once in a while but these people are just mostly looking for attention, and are aggressive all the time.

Those people just want to be loud and drown out everyone else. It's impossible to have a discussion with them because they essentially stick their fingers in their ears while shouting over you. They want to dominate is all they want and they say so and so isn't allowed to say anything to them for some pretty weak reasons.

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/24/14 at 12:28 am

I'm a dude, so by SJW values I can't comment. But I'm going to anyways.

My take on it is that rape culture is a confluence of the notions that either "she was asking for it" (false; just because she was well-dressed doesn't mean she wanted sex), "she was lying about it" (neither-true-nor-false-and-both-true-and-false-at-the-same-time; although false allegations of rape have been known to occur, the way the courts treat rape victims/accusers is at least as bad as it treats those accused of rape), and the notion that jokes about rape are kinda dickish (mostly true, but it depends on the context.)

If you want a real defintiion of "rape culture", it's the fact that I said it depends on the context.  If you want another definition of "rape culture", it's the fact that I think this old meme is kinda dickish but still funny, and that I don't see anything terribly wrong about posting it even without posting "Trigger warning! I'm going to post a meme about rape!" because this is a board for general discussion and I think that distinction is important.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_YMWqbgPK138/TCswwUkMLLI/AAAAAAAACno/SrCFUXo13RQ/s400/box-of-rape.jpg

On the other hand, I wouldn't post that meme on a board, or even in a thread about sexual abuse survivors, even with a trigger warning.  Because I know damn well that most people on such a board or interested in such a topic, don't want to open the damn box.  (I'm a dick, but even I'm not that big of a dick.)

I actually think the concept of a "trigger warning" is actually one of the few positive offshoots of the present internet flamewar that's erupted after a few years of quiet simmering.  I believe it's just as dickish to make a rape joke to a woman as it is to walk up behind a veteran and yell "BANG!"

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/84/90/92/849092bbab4899f211a928589e8e3529.jpg

Doing this to a weapons designer who will never see a day of combat in his life has been hilariously funny since the 80s, and it still is.  Doing this as an able-bodied civilian at the VFW, where some the people at the bar may be self-medicating in order to deal with PTSD, is the opposite of funny.  (The one-legged guy who makes the same joke is different -- everyone knows that telling jokes that end in "BANG!" is his way of coping.)

Humor works better when the joke teller punches up, not down.  Engineer yelling BANG to co-worker, funny.  Colonel yelling BANG to corporal trying to defuse bomb, not so much. 

Sperglord gamer teabags defeated female oponnent, and female gamer tells sperglord that he can teabag her in his dreams, funny.  Sperglord doxxing a developer, not so much.  (To any Aspies reading this, please accept my sincere apologies.  Being a sperglord has nothing to do with Asperger's, and it kinda sucks that you got tarred with that brush.  I believe an appropriate term for gamers-who-harass-gamers is now "paint-huffing *poop*goblins".  It's hard to keep up these days, and in anticipation of the next wave of social justice, I apologize in advance to any poopgoblins here who actually huff paint :)

Written By: Howard on 10/24/14 at 7:31 am

Unfortunately, more of these people are coming out of the woodwork, the people who are actual feminists (pre-the name being adopted by the insane people you see here) are getting criticism because their reputation is being tarnished by these awful people.

I was just answering her, Why can't we have an opinion?

Written By: Mat1991 on 10/24/14 at 7:55 am

I sort of consider myself a feminist. The bit of reluctance to use that label stems from the fact that I don't consider myself an activist, and I tend to not be outspoken about my beliefs most of the time. I can say for certain that I support feminist causes.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/24/14 at 7:57 am

BTW, what and when were the other three waves?

Written By: Mat1991 on 10/24/14 at 8:04 am

First-wave feminism refers to a period of feminist activity during the 19th and early 20th century throughout the world, particularly in the United Kingdom, Canada, the Netherlands and the United States. It focused on legal disabilities, primarily on gaining women's suffrage (the right to vote).

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First-wave_feminism

Second-wave feminism is a period of feminist activity that first began in the early 1960s in the United States, and eventually spread throughout the Western world and beyond. In the United States the movement lasted through the early 1980s. It later became a worldwide movement that was strong in Europe and parts of Asia, such as Turkey and Israel, where it began in the 1980s, and it began at other times in other countries.

Whereas first-wave feminism focused mainly on suffrage and overturning legal obstacles to gender equality (i.e., voting rights, property rights), second-wave feminism broadened the debate to a wide range of issues: sexuality, family, the workplace, reproductive rights, de facto inequalities, and official legal inequalities.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second-wave_feminism

Third-wave feminism is a term identified with several diverse strains of feminist activity and study, whose exact boundaries in the history of feminism are a subject of debate, but are generally marked as beginning in the early 1990s and continuing to the present. The movement arose partially as a response to the perceived failures of and backlash against initiatives and movements created by second-wave feminism during the 1960s, '70s, and '80s, and the perception that women are of "many colors, ethnicities, nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds". As political and economic equality has been granted to women in most parts of the western world, Third Wave feminists have broadened their goals, focusing on ideas like queer theory, abolishing gender roles and stereotypes, and defending sex work, pornography, reproductive rights, and sex-positivity.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-wave_feminism

Written By: Step-chan on 10/24/14 at 10:49 am

Cat 

I noticed you said state, not men. But I've noticed those who say all men are involved in patriarchy. In reality, it's more of a wealthy-archy(I don't claim to be clever with that term), which is an appropriate term for those billion dollar donors you mentioned trying to keep things a certain way for them.

The wealthy-archy don't care about me, that's for sure.

As for the pay situation, the top jobs men and women work in differ. More men get involved in high risk jobs on average than women. High risk jobs pay more on average, since no one is going to do construction or electrical for minimum wage. Some of it is no doubt ignorant/sexist owners not hiring a woman due to them thinking she wouldn't cut it, I'm not denying that.

The pay difference is a national average that doesn't compare the same men and women working the same exact job. I would love for them to compare the data in the same jobs just to see what the results are, I sincerely want to know. Due I think the difference is excusable? I definitely don't, but would like even more pinpointed data to make an even better comparison.

As for the abortion debate, I've mentioned before that I'm pro-choice. Even my mom was pro-choice. She still thought it was murder, but felt no one should be able to tell a woman what to do with her body.

Something else I've mentioned before is that there are double standards that get used on both genders. It's a problem since there are others who act like men have no problems/are lucky/etc.(Which is where that stupid phrase, "Check you privilege" started to emerge from). Yes, I know women have problems, but so do men(And I'm not talking about the petty buzzword friendzone sort of problem). I don't need to get words and phrases like that thrown at me just because of a coinflip in the genepool.

Written By: Howard on 10/24/14 at 2:05 pm

As for the pay situation, the top jobs men and women work in differ. More men get involved in high risk jobs on average than women. High risk jobs pay more on average, since no one is going to do construction or electrical for minimum wage. Some of it is no doubt ignorant/sexist owners not hiring a woman due to them thinking she wouldn't cut it, I'm not denying that.

I'm sure there are jobs out there that women can do, the grueling kind of work that involves hard labor inside and outside.

Written By: Step-chan on 10/24/14 at 3:35 pm

I'm sure there are jobs out there that women can do, the grueling kind of work that involves hard labor inside and outside.

I'm not denying it, Howard.  :)

But some that are the head of said companies are way too backwards to change their viewpoint(at least easily), which is where the root of the problem often lies.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/24/14 at 4:50 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1EI21k2Jro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylFdOCoAogY

Gotta watch BOTH videos.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 10/25/14 at 7:02 am

Gotta watch BOTH videos.

Cat

Both had a serious side then it was pretty funny afterwards.

Written By: Emman on 10/25/14 at 10:33 pm

Gotta watch BOTH videos.

Cat

I'm going to be careful with what I say but a lot of women fear certain men more than others, they fear men who look like me more.

Written By: Step-chan on 10/28/14 at 4:48 pm

The states absolutely are, and some women are indeed part of the problem. Priveledged people who think they're so lofty as to be above the issues "common" people might face. The birth control controversy is still going and all I see are double standards on these matters. Rape blame is nothing new, but it pertains to men and women like I said earlier. In modern times it's appalling that such a serious violation on a person less than murder is not taken seriously. Women must have been asking for it, while men can't be raped or it must not have happened. That's the attitude I've seen.

I remember when I was 12 years old and some girl in 7th grade would grab my butt. I didn't appreciate that at all. When I told my parents, they laughed at first(my sister was the only one that didn't), but they did go to the school and report it.

My mother was strangely hit and miss in the double standard department.

Due to her growing up in different era, she didn't believe in such a thing as men being raped unless it was another man that did it. She actually believed that men must have something sort of genetic disposition to cheat(unless they are really faithful) on their spouses. While she still felt it was wrong if either man or woman cheated in a relationship, she still felt that women only do because of not getting enough attention(Which is total B.S.).

That said, she did genuinely feel that abuse(physical and emotional) was wrong regardless of gender.

That's Tumblr for you.  ::) SJW's at their finest. That's not feminism, that's female supremacy. What discussion does it promote other than invoking a WW3 style flame war?

Good ol' Tumblr...  :P

These are the same types that hate the fact that are grown men who like My Little Pony(Sorry for dragging it here, but it's somewhat in line with the topic due to the double standard theme). In fact, I remember when a reboot of Sailor Moon was announced not too long ago and some of the SJWs on there were going on about trying to prevent men from getting into the series.

It's like their mentality screams: You men need to share your activities/hobbies with us, but you can't delve into the ones we were in "first".

I would be interested in asking those types what I should be into just to see their responses, but I have a feeling it's like answering a rhetorical question.

Written By: Howard on 10/29/14 at 3:28 pm

I remember when I was 12 years old and some girl in 7th grade would grab my butt. I didn't appreciate that at all. When I told my parents, they laughed at first(my sister was the only one that didn't), but they did go to the school and report it.

Didn't they know that was considered harassment? Whether it was a joke or not, it should never be tolerated.

Written By: Step-chan on 10/29/14 at 4:41 pm

Didn't they know that was considered harassment? Whether it was a joke or not, it should never be tolerated.

They did, but there was another reason they laughed(I'll PM you), but they really should have restrained themselves.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/30/14 at 2:16 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1XGPvbWn0A

Cat

Written By: Howard on 10/30/14 at 2:30 pm

They did, but there was another reason they laughed(I'll PM you), but they really should have restrained themselves.

If a hot woman grabbed my butt, I would probably laugh it off but If I grabbed a woman's butt, I'd get slapped silly.

Written By: Howard on 10/30/14 at 2:35 pm

Cat

Shouldn't she have said had something to the guys who gave her nice compliments? ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/30/14 at 2:57 pm

Shouldn't she have had something to the guys who gave her nice compliments? ???

Howard, you are totally missing the point. The point is, she is being harassed. She didn't ask for that. Guys think it is ok to wink, make catcalls, whistle and say other things to a woman who is just walking down the street. Some guys take it farther than just the verbal harassment.

Cat

Written By: KatanaChick on 10/30/14 at 4:41 pm

Shouldn't she have said had something to the guys who gave her nice compliments? ???

How they gave the compliments was the problem.

Howard, you are totally missing the point. The point is, she is being harassed. She didn't ask for that. Guys think it is ok to wink, make catcalls, whistle and say other things to a woman who is just walking down the street. Some guys take it farther than just the verbal harassment.

Cat

The guys walking next to her for over 5 minutes was really creepy! That would be scary.

If a hot woman grabbed my butt, I would probably laugh it off but If I grabbed a woman's butt, I'd get slapped silly.

Hottie rating doesn't matter. Grabbing anyone's butt is invading their space and people can't just go doing that.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/30/14 at 4:59 pm

How they gave the compliments was the problem.
The guys walking next to her for over 5 minutes was really creepy! That would be scary.

Yeah, that was creepy-and VERY scary.

There are other videos about how much women are harassed when they are walking down the street-many are also molested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYAL21jxREQ

These are not isolated incidents. This is happening EVERYDAY-EVERYWHERE!!!!

Hottie rating doesn't matter. Grabbing anyone's butt is invading their space and people can't just go doing that.

Not only is it an invasion of space, it is also illegal-unless they are consenting. It is called assault.

Cat

Written By: Step-chan on 10/30/14 at 11:00 pm

Cat

New York is way different from Indianapolis in this way, although I know it still happens here in Indy, having dealt with gay men trying to hit on/proposition me. One of the later examples, where that one guy was following her, was similar to one of my scenarios. Some people don't know when to quit.

In my case, I was 12 when that happened. The girl was around my age, but still, you don't do that to another person without consent. I didn't find it flattering then nor now(especially with all the double standards I've seen in this world).

There was another time a woman, who was shopping at my current job, slapped my butt. Although not really upset at it(It annoyed me more than anything), I was in severe disbelief that it happened. That situation had not only a double standard setup, but the customer is always right scenario added to it. No one would take it seriously unless the genders were flipped.

Written By: philbo on 10/31/14 at 6:12 am

There's been a discussion about that video on another forum I frequent - I think it's fair to say that most guys simply don't realize the effect of their behaviour, and because on occasion they may have seen a positive response (whether it's because a woman actually is flattered by their attentions, or is trying to find a non-confrontational way to tell them to piss off), they think it's an OK way to behave always.. they simply don't see the negative side of what they do; and they definitely don't see their own behaviour as just one of many instances of low-level harassment which can be having a large impact on the object of their attentions.

The biggest shame about youtube videos like that one is that the people who most need to watch them probably won't. 

Written By: Howard on 10/31/14 at 7:25 am

She should've done something, I'm surprised she kept quiet throughout the video.

Written By: Howard on 10/31/14 at 7:37 am

Yeah, that was creepy-and VERY scary.

There are other videos about how much women are harassed when they are walking down the street-many are also molested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYAL21jxREQ

These are not isolated incidents. This is happening EVERYDAY-EVERYWHERE!!!!

Not only is it an invasion of space, it is also illegal-unless they are consenting. It is called assault.

Cat

good video.

Written By: Howard on 10/31/14 at 7:39 am

There was another time a woman, who was shopping at my current job, slapped my butt. Although not really upset at it(It annoyed me more than anything), I was in severe disbelief that it happened. That situation had not only a double standard setup, but the customer is always right scenario added to it. No one would take it seriously unless the genders were flipped.

Was there anybody around when this happened? ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/31/14 at 12:35 pm

She should've done something, I'm surprised she kept quiet throughout the video.

She kept quiet to prove a point. She wasn't asking for that attention but she got it anyway. A woman shouldn't HAVE to do anything or say anything not be harassed.

Cat

Written By: Emman on 10/31/14 at 10:52 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75aX9mlipiY

Looks like women(and gay men) also engage in this "sexist pig" behavior in NYC.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 11/01/14 at 1:36 am

Many times, we men can get confused about what the difference is between a "wanted" or "unwanted" advance. 

This video should clear everything up.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f76_1323277426&comments=1

Written By: Howard on 11/01/14 at 7:07 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75aX9mlipiY

Looks like women(and gay men) also engage in this "sexist pig" behavior in NYC.

Written By: Howard on 11/01/14 at 7:11 am

I found it weird when men were saying stuff to him.

Written By: Emman on 11/01/14 at 11:30 am

I found it weird when men were saying stuff to him.

"Hey what's up big man" ;D.

And lol at the fairy dudes.

Written By: Howard on 11/01/14 at 5:43 pm

I'm surprised the guys didn't say anything vulgar afterwards. ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 11/05/14 at 5:59 pm

She kept quiet to prove a point. She wasn't asking for that attention but she got it anyway. A woman shouldn't HAVE to do anything or say anything not be harassed.

Cat

I think it would have been funny if someone ran up and clotheslined the guy following her for that long.

Was there anybody around when this happened? ???

It was a customer I just bagged for. So yes, there were others around. But, the scenario was a double threat of double standards and having to be careful of how to deal with customers. A total B.S. situation.

I actually know what it's like to hit on by men(As my previous posts show).

Written By: winteriscoming on 11/05/14 at 7:47 pm

I actually know what it's like to hit on by men(As my previous posts show).

I get hit on by men sometimes too, unfortunately.  :-\\

Written By: Emman on 11/06/14 at 12:36 am

Cat

This video has received a crap ton of criticisms,  Chris Hayes(of MSNBC) has admitted to initially avoiding to air the video.

Smells very fishy to me, especially if they intentionally targeted those locations(Harlem?) for filming, now the cat callers are in the wrong but that would still be very manipulative and disingenuous on the part of Hollaback. Also I think their "explanation" for the editing out of "certain" men sounds like bullsheesh, they're just covering their asses.

Written By: Howard on 11/06/14 at 3:45 pm

I think it would have been funny if someone ran up and clotheslined the guy following her for that long.

too bad it didn't happen.

Written By: Howard on 11/06/14 at 3:46 pm

How does it make you feel? ???

Written By: winteriscoming on 11/08/14 at 4:17 am

How does it make you feel? ???

Depends. I guess the same for a woman. If it's done respectfully, it's an ego boost and I appreciate it, if it's done in a way that makes me uncomfortable it upsets me a bit.

Written By: Howard on 11/08/14 at 6:48 am

Depends. I guess the same for a woman. If it's done respectfully, it's an ego boost and I appreciate it, if it's done in a way that makes me uncomfortable it upsets me a bit.

Sometimes it goes too far.

Written By: Step-chan on 11/11/14 at 11:43 am

This video has received a crap ton of criticisms,  Chris Hayes(of MSNBC) has admitted to initially avoiding to air the video.

Smells very fishy to me, especially if they intentionally targeted those locations(Harlem?) for filming, now the cat callers are in the wrong but that would still be very manipulative and disingenuous on the part of Hollaback. Also I think their "explanation" for the editing out of "certain" men sounds like bullsheesh, they're just covering their asses.

They edited out certain men? I need to look that up.

For me, it's more of an moderate annoyance on average. In a few of the scenarios that happened they were way too upfront and lewd with their attempts(two examples spring to mind in particular).

Written By: Howard on 11/11/14 at 2:40 pm

I think it's because of what they said.

Written By: Emman on 11/11/14 at 3:08 pm

They edited out the white men, because of "noise and sirens", sounds more like bs to me.

I'm not saying they intentionally set out to film brown and black males cat calling a white girl but that's what the majority of the video is showing. It's telling that the majority of the video was filmed in Harlem, a notoriously black area, not only that but it conflates simple "good mornings" with stalking and comments with obvious sexual undertones.

Written By: Howard on 11/12/14 at 2:46 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvq6pH5Rheg

How about when men take advantage of a drunk girl. ↑

Written By: Step-chan on 11/16/14 at 9:48 pm

They edited out the white men, because of "noise and sirens", sounds more like bs to me.

I'm not saying they intentionally set out to film brown and black males cat calling a white girl but that's what the majority of the video is showing. It's telling that the majority of the video was filmed in Harlem, a notoriously black area, not only that but it conflates simple "good mornings" with stalking and comments with obvious sexual undertones.

They shouldn't have edited that out the white men. Makes me wonder what else they edited out.

Written By: Emman on 11/17/14 at 5:54 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvq6pH5Rheg

How about when men take advantage of a drunk girl. ↑

This video is a known hoax, people are cashing in on the male bashing 8-P.

Also with the controversy over the "sexist" shirt the Rosetta scientist wore, in fact feminist bullies made him apologize in tears.

Written By: Howard on 11/17/14 at 1:22 pm

This video is a known hoax, people are cashing in on the male bashing 8-P.

Also with the controversy over the "sexist" shirt the Rosetta scientist wore, in fact feminist bullies made him apologize in tears.

I also think it's a hoax too, Now why would a girl dressed up in makeup act so drunk then fake it later on claiming that all the guys were in on her joke?  ::)

Written By: philbo on 11/19/14 at 6:22 am

I think what's most unfair is the way this has been (inter)national news: IMO he was wrong to wear the shirt he did - there aren't many working environments that would be OK with it, and it was especially insensitive given that the small number of women working there really have anywhere else they could get a job & do what they're doing. 

But.. a reasonable response would be a quiet word from HR to point out that semi-latex-clad fantasy females are inappropriate work attire; international on-air shaming is every bit as objectionable, well, IMO considerably more so, than the offence committed.  Plus it unnecessarily turns the chap into a victim, raises the temperature of debate so much that discussion of anything becomes almost impossible and gives weight to a whole anti-feminist agenda which is more than simply anti-disproportionate-overreaction, but frequently simply misogynist.

Written By: Howard on 11/19/14 at 12:40 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TadUMYgCGs8

Would you believe these were painted on jeans?  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/11/15 at 6:21 am

Will there ever be a fifth wave?

Written By: 80sfan on 03/07/15 at 10:02 am

The problem is so many girls and woman give feminism such a bad name.

Written By: philbo on 03/09/15 at 1:21 pm

The problem is so many girls and woman give feminism such a bad name.

Well... that may be *a* problem, but I don't think it's *the* problem

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/09/15 at 1:23 pm

Which wave is this?

http://barbieshair.com/image/76251840.jpg

Written By: ArcticFox on 03/09/15 at 1:51 pm

Hmmm. I've never thought of that before. I have to pay attention.

Written By: philbo on 03/10/15 at 5:33 am

Which wave is this?

http://barbieshair.com/image/76251840.jpg

As far as feminism goes, probably a wave goodbye :)

Written By: 80sfan on 05/05/15 at 5:41 pm

Late reply, but read or scan, some of these paragraphs explain why some people don't like some feminists or social justice warriors.

I see nothing wrong with feminism or being a social justice warrior but some (okay, a lot) of people bring it too far. Not everyone is homophobic, bigoted, or stupid if they don't agree with everything they say.

https://www.tumblr.com/search/social%20justice%20bullies

Written By: 80sfan on 05/05/15 at 5:43 pm

http://allisticntprivilege.tumblr.com/post/50524005743/about-people-accused-of-taking-social-justice-too

Written By: KatanaChick on 05/05/15 at 6:30 pm

Late reply, but read or scan, some of these paragraphs explain why some people don't like some feminists or social justice warriors.

I see nothing wrong with feminism or being a social justice warrior but some (okay, a lot) of people bring it too far. Not everyone is homophobic, bigoted, or stupid if they don't agree with everything they say.

https://www.tumblr.com/search/social%20justice%20bullies

Feminism that's for equality without the female supremacy thing is fine. Social Justice Warriors on the other hand are always out of line and take things to extremes. For example some SJW feminists believe gay men are misogynist because they don't date women, but yet show interest in dating a woman and that's bad too, so they just can't win. They've also gotten worse about the trans identity in that the word dysphoria "triggers" them and they call people "truscum" who dare utter it. Just about everything triggers them, yet they don't have PTSD. Trans anything is a gender to these people apparently. Trans species (otherkin) trance race, trans everything just because they want to feel special. They think they are standing up for people they believe are "oppressed," and don't know the definition of the word. If you're some kind of minority and don't act "oppressed," they turn on you in a heartbeat. They just want to feel superior like they did someone a favor and should be praised endlessly. They like it when people act like victims to be championed. Disagree with them they'll tell you to check your privilege at best, and at worst dox you. That means go after a persons information and harass them IRL and threaten them. They truly are the scourge of the internet.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/05/15 at 6:58 pm

^ ^

I'm Asian. I better act oppressed.  ;D

Written By: KatanaChick on 05/05/15 at 10:24 pm

^ ^

I'm Asian. I better act oppressed.  ;D

To the Social Justice Warriors of Tumblr you should. They can't comprehend anything outside of their whack ideas.

Written By: winteriscoming on 05/06/15 at 1:19 am

Feminism that's for equality without the female supremacy thing is fine. Social Justice Warriors on the other hand are always out of line and take things to extremes. For example some SJW feminists believe gay men are misogynist because they don't date women, but yet show interest in dating a woman and that's bad too, so they just can't win. They've also gotten worse about the trans identity in that the word dysphoria "triggers" them and they call people "truscum" who dare utter it. Just about everything triggers them, yet they don't have PTSD. Trans anything is a gender to these people apparently. Trans species (otherkin) trance race, trans everything just because they want to feel special. They think they are standing up for people they believe are "oppressed," and don't know the definition of the word. If you're some kind of minority and don't act "oppressed," they turn on you in a heartbeat. They just want to feel superior like they did someone a favor and should be praised endlessly. They like it when people act like victims to be championed. Disagree with them they'll tell you to check your privilege at best, and at worst dox you. That means go after a persons information and harass them IRL and threaten them. They truly are the scourge of the internet.

What I don't get about the SJW is they are just as big blowhards as the conservatives they hate so much.

Written By: KatanaChick on 05/06/15 at 4:56 am

What I don't get about the SJW is they are just as big blowhards as the conservatives they hate so much.

They tend to be younger, as in late 90's born or so. I think they are just desperate to identify with something or have a cause...without having a clue. The blowhard conservatives they hate can't have that said of them and should know better, but generally seem to be far less vicious than any SJW.

Written By: ArcticFox on 05/06/15 at 11:14 am

Not all conservatives are like that dude. It's those insults that you throw at people for having different values and opinions from you which are the reason for the huge political polarization of today.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/06/12/7-things-to-know-about-polarization-in-america/

Written By: Bobby on 05/06/15 at 11:41 am

It's got to the point where I'm not even sure about feminism to be honest. What complicates things even further IMO is what Eurythmics sung in 'Sweet Dreams (are made of these)'.

"Some of them want to use you
Some of them want to get used by you
Some of them want to abuse you
Some of them want to be abused."

Feminism like many other isms these days seems to promote labelling and pigeon-holing. Individuals of any sex, good or bad, are merely that.

Written By: winteriscoming on 05/07/15 at 5:56 pm

Not all conservatives are like that dude. It's those insults that you throw at people for having different values and opinions from you which are the reason for the huge political polarization of today.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/06/12/7-things-to-know-about-polarization-in-america/

I do have some conservative friends and loved ones, but most conservatives I've debated online/in person have pretty disgusting opinions on a lot of issues. But, I'm not gonna tell them to die in a fire like SJW's seem to love doing, nor do I have any interest in ruining their livelihood just because they said something stupidly racist or sexist. I'm pretty sure everyone says evil things once in a while, what SJW's and many conservatives share is an utter lack of a sense of mercy and forgiveness.

Written By: 80sfan on 05/08/15 at 1:45 am

I do have some conservative friends and loved ones, but most conservatives I've debated online/in person have pretty disgusting opinions on a lot of issues. But, I'm not gonna tell them to die in a fire like SJW's seem to love doing, nor do I have any interest in ruining their livelihood just because they said something stupidly racist or sexist. I'm pretty sure everyone says evil things once in a while, what SJW's and many conservatives share is an utter lack of a sense of mercy and forgiveness.

That's one thing I hate with a passion about social media and the internet in general. Post a sarcastic comment about going against racism or sexism, and the next minute you're labelled as a bigot. In fact, your reputation and your career may be over just because of one comment.

I'm not talking about truly racist people posting hateful stuff or someone showing their true colors. But damn, people have become so unforgiving and rigid, it's unbearable.

It reeks of a tribalism mentality and I hate group-thinking. I don't want anyone to tell me how or what to say, so I don't judge people for what they say and how they say it.

I'll admit, be careful what you post and think about how it comes across, but damn, we have become unforgiving and merciless. On social media, forgiveness is last on people's list and you don't get to make mistakes and be a human being. You don't even get to make one mistake. One moment of weakness and you're toast.

Written By: Step-chan on 05/11/15 at 8:10 pm

Those types live and breathe hypocrisy to the point that it's insane.

A man and woman both get ****faced drunk and in their severely tipsy stupor do the naughty? Is both of their faults? According to the types you're talking about, nope! Only the man's, despite the fact that both parties were extremely inebriated.

::)

Written By: winteriscoming on 06/12/15 at 7:17 pm

That's one thing I hate with a passion about social media and the internet in general. Post a sarcastic comment about going against racism or sexism, and the next minute you're labelled as a bigot. In fact, your reputation and your career may be over just because of one comment.

I'm not talking about truly racist people posting hateful stuff or someone showing their true colors. But damn, people have become so unforgiving and rigid, it's unbearable.

It reeks of a tribalism mentality and I hate group-thinking. I don't want anyone to tell me how or what to say, so I don't judge people for what they say and how they say it.

I'll admit, be careful what you post and think about how it comes across, but damn, we have become unforgiving and merciless. On social media, forgiveness is last on people's list and you don't get to make mistakes and be a human being. You don't even get to make one mistake. One moment of weakness and you're toast.

Exactly. It seems like people expect others to be perfect. Of course, they probably think they are perfect themselves.

Written By: Howard on 06/13/15 at 7:04 am

Exactly. It seems like people expect others to be perfect. Of course, they probably think they are perfect themselves.

Most people want everybody to be 10's and that is never possible. You either accept flaws or don't bother with that person.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/13/15 at 4:16 pm

Most people want everybody to be 10's and that is never possible. You either accept flaws or don't bother with that person.

A 10 is unrealistic, but one should shoot for at least a hard 9.

Written By: Howard on 06/13/15 at 5:32 pm

A 10 is unrealistic, but one should shoot for at least a hard 9.

How about an 8?

Written By: tv on 06/13/15 at 11:15 pm

Do you think for the past couple years we've been in a fourth wave of feminism? I've heard a lot about women's issues lately, particularly the concept of rape culture and cyberbullying. I think much of it has to do with women being harassed on the internet.

I had never even heard terms like "trigger warning" until 2012 or 2013. Anecdotally it seems like the teens and younger 20 somethings today are more likely to identify as feminists than women in their 30s. Before this decade started it seemed like people were weary of being thought of as feminist or politically correct while now it's increasingly seen as something to be proud of.

Actually come to think of it the whole Internet "Social justice warrior" thing was not even a big thing until maybe 3 years ago. i wonder if Occupy Wall Street is what brought it to the fore. The idea of white privilege was also not as widely known.
I don't know if "Occupy Wall Street" bought the term "Social Justice Warrior" to the forefront. The first time I heard the term "Social Justice" but not the "Warrior" part was from liberal commentator Jemu Greene on FOX News in 2011.

As far as the word "feminist" goes I guess I consider myself a "feminist" because I want women to be equal to men like in terms of getting paid as much as a man for the same job. I don't think much of the term feminist but I remember a couple years ago I thought of myself as a feminist but since then never gave the term much thought to carrying the tag as part of what I identify as in a political sense.

Written By: tv on 06/13/15 at 11:23 pm

How about an 8?
Yeah an 8 or a 7 is good.

Written By: tv on 06/13/15 at 11:26 pm

Cat
I don't think winking is bad but making catcalls is stupid and whistling just shows how much of a player the guys is.

Written By: Howard on 06/14/15 at 2:35 pm

I don't think winking is bad but making catcalls is stupid and whistling just shows how much of a player the guys is.

doing both is just as stupid and juvenile.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/14/15 at 4:51 pm

doing both is just as stupid and juvenile.

Similarly saying things like "I'd hit it" or "I'd tap that"...

Written By: philbo on 06/16/15 at 9:03 am

Similarly saying things like "I'd hit it" or "I'd tap that"...

A friend of mine said something like that just loud enough to be heard as we were walking into a pub a while back - I said something along the lines of "of course you would, if you actually stood a chance, you're a bloke with his brains in his trousers who'd "hit" anything from a knot-hole in a tree upwards, providing it didn't fight back"

..then turned to the young lady in question (young enough to be my, or his, daughter and apologised on his behalf, saying he didn't even have the excuse of having had a drink & he's not usually that much of a click (he writes, hoping the "cl" will look like a "d" and avoid the virtual censor))

I think I might have embarrassed the poor lass more than my friend did, but I don't think he's done it again  :)

Written By: 80sfan on 07/01/15 at 7:45 pm

There seems to be this feminist type that made a Tumblr blog about Iggy Azalea's racist and homophobic tweets. My guess is she's a black woman with a college degree or something.

I think she's already done her job, she's basically ruined Iggy Azalea's career, and I don't even like Iggy Azalea. Iggy's career is already in free fall, so I don't know why she's keeping the website up.

I think the things that Iggy says are wrong, but I hope that one day someone makes a website about her (the woman with a college degree), and see how she feels about it.

One thing I've learned about the human ego is that it's hard, like a mountain, and needs something else hard to bring it down. This woman needs an ego check, and someone or something to bring down that uppity-ness of hers.

Written By: 80sfan on 07/01/15 at 10:36 pm

A big chunk of Iggy's trending downwards is also because her music is canned and manufactured as hell! And she can't rap as good as others. LMAO.

Written By: KatanaChick on 07/03/15 at 9:20 am

Those types live and breathe hypocrisy to the point that it's insane.

A man and woman both get ****faced drunk and in their severely tipsy stupor do the naughty? Is both of their faults? According to the types you're talking about, nope! Only the man's, despite the fact that both parties were extremely inebriated.

::)

That's right. Only the man would want to do such a thing and must have talked the woman into it!  ::) To say anything else is slut shaming!

I don't go for perfect, but everyone's got standards. What is a 10 anyway? Even if someone is magazine cover material a lousy personality knocks several points off their attractiveness.

These days, yes! And hello, have they all forgotten free speech is a thing? The media needs to butt out. If someone is letting off steam or shares an off color joke, it's not newsworthy and certainly doesn't warrant a virtual lynch mob. People have gotten death threats for saying something that offended, and of course no blame is given to the idiots who take it that far!  ::) You can unfollow people on Twitter or unfriend them on Facebook and be done with it if you don't like what you see. No need to go further.

A friend of mine said something like that just loud enough to be heard as we were walking into a pub a while back - I said something along the lines of "of course you would, if you actually stood a chance, you're a bloke with his brains in his trousers who'd "hit" anything from a knot-hole in a tree upwards, providing it didn't fight back"

..then turned to the young lady in question (young enough to be my, or his, daughter and apologised on his behalf, saying he didn't even have the excuse of having had a drink & he's not usually that much of a click (he writes, hoping the "cl" will look like a "d" and avoid the virtual censor))

I think I might have embarrassed the poor lass more than my friend did, but I don't think he's done it again  :)

It baffles me how guys who come onto women being that sleazy get lucky in the first place! It's not exactly a compliment to be cat called by someone who'd get with them all if they'd let him. I'm glad you spoke up though!

Personally I can't imagine coming onto a guy I just met with an "I'd hit it" line. I'm not ballsy enough even if I had enough to drink.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/03/15 at 10:47 am

So when a man sleeps around he is a stud. When a woman sleeps around she is a slut.  ::)

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/03/15 at 2:33 pm

That's right. Only the man would want to do such a thing and must have talked the woman into it!  ::) To say anything else is slut shaming!
I don't go for perfect, but everyone's got standards. What is a 10 anyway? Even if someone is magazine cover material a lousy personality knocks several points off their attractiveness.
These days, yes! And hello, have they all forgotten free speech is a thing? The media needs to butt out. If someone is letting off steam or shares an off color joke, it's not newsworthy and certainly doesn't warrant a virtual lynch mob. People have gotten death threats for saying something that offended, and of course no blame is given to the idiots who take it that far!  ::) You can unfollow people on Twitter or unfriend them on Facebook and be done with it if you don't like what you see. No need to go further.
It baffles me how guys who come onto women being that sleazy get lucky in the first place! It's not exactly a compliment to be cat called by someone who'd get with them all if they'd let him. I'm glad you spoke up though!

Personally I can't imagine coming onto a guy I just met with an "I'd hit it" line. I'm not ballsy enough even if I had enough to drink.

A "10" is someone who is perfect without flaws.

Written By: tv on 07/04/15 at 7:13 pm

A big chunk of Iggy's trending downwards is also because her music is canned and manufactured as hell! And she can't rap as good as others. LMAO.
Female solo rappers don't have long lasting careers anyway. Remember "The Real Roxanne", Eve, or Foxy Brown? They didn't have long lasting rap careers. You never even hear about them anymore. Remy Ma she didn't last long either but she has been in jail for a long time so she hasn't had a chance to make music in like 7 years. Queen Latifah used to rap in the early 90's but she became famous later for acting in sitcoms and movies. She also became a face for "Revlon Cosmetic" commercials.

Written By: tv on 07/04/15 at 7:24 pm

So when a man sleeps around he is a stud. When a woman sleeps around she is a slut.  ::)

Cat
Yeah that double standard sucks.

Written By: ArcticFox on 07/04/15 at 7:32 pm

Cat

Frankly, I don't think anyone of either gender should be sleeping around whatsoever.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 07/05/15 at 12:49 am

Cat

Both genders sleeping around is NOT good regardless!!! ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/05/15 at 6:36 am

If every time she walks past, you keep hearing the sound schwing!, then she's a 10.  ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 07/05/15 at 12:30 pm

I was on Derpibooru and someone posted a quote(with a link for proof) from someone saying male gay porn is misogynistic.

It's pretty obvious those types want men to be damned if they do, damned if they don't.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 07/05/15 at 1:59 pm

Frankly, I don't think anyone of either gender should be sleeping around whatsoever.

unless they're both married.

Written By: Howard on 07/05/15 at 2:00 pm

Both genders sleeping around is NOT good regardless!!! ;D

If you're married, there is an exception.

Written By: Howard on 07/05/15 at 2:01 pm

If every time she walks past, you keep hearing the sound schwing!, then she's a 10.  ;D

or "bada-bing, bada boom".

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 07/06/15 at 4:04 am

If you're married, there is an exception.

true!!! ;)

Written By: KatanaChick on 07/07/15 at 12:53 am

unless they're both married.

Uhhh..."sleeping around" means with other people. People you're not married to. That wouldn't be good.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 07/07/15 at 12:56 am

Uhhh..."sleeping around" means with other people. People you're not married to. That wouldn't be good.

Committing adultery, that's a deadly sin!! Breaking one of the commandments is a VERY BIG no no!!

Written By: philbo on 07/07/15 at 8:12 am

I'm guessing it's a law of averages kind of thing: if you've got rhinoceros-hide imperviousness to all those refusals, then the one in a hundred (or however many) who's different enough, drunk enough, or just plain desperate enough to respond is probably enough for some men to think it's a winning tactic.

The one thing you can guarantee that nearly all of them don't take into account is the results of their actions on the women who turn them down. They simply won't notice the bad feeling they're causing.

Written By: KatanaChick on 07/08/15 at 6:37 am

Committing adultery, that's a deadly sin!! Breaking one of the commandments is a VERY BIG no no!!

No, it's not right. If you don't like who you're with anymore, then split or work out your problems.

I'm guessing it's a law of averages kind of thing: if you've got rhinoceros-hide imperviousness to all those refusals, then the one in a hundred (or however many) who's different enough, drunk enough, or just plain desperate enough to respond is probably enough for some men to think it's a winning tactic.

The one thing you can guarantee that nearly all of them don't take into account is the results of their actions on the women who turn them down. They simply won't notice the bad feeling they're causing.

They need to be made aware of the effect they have on the women they make uncomfortable.

Written By: philbo on 07/10/15 at 9:14 am

They need to be made aware of the effect they have on the women they make uncomfortable.

True.. but a baseball bat round the head might be considered an overreaction by some.  Me, I'm not so sure..

Written By: 80sfan on 08/13/15 at 9:33 pm

Female solo rappers don't have long lasting careers anyway. Remember "The Real Roxanne", Eve, or Foxy Brown? They didn't have long lasting rap careers. You never even hear about them anymore. Remy Ma she didn't last long either but she has been in jail for a long time so she hasn't had a chance to make music in like 7 years. Queen Latifah used to rap in the early 90's but she became famous later for acting in sitcoms and movies. She also became a face for "Revlon Cosmetic" commercials.

I hate to admit it but I do change my mind to a certain extent about the Iggy Azalea racist comments website. She's said some pretty ignorant things, yes even racist things. I think that on the website the woman said that Iggy said that she would get ahead because of her race. That's pretty low. I think that Iggy Azalea should have become a business woman instead of a rapper, because, where's the rap?  ;D

Iggy deserves her downfall, I'm not saying I want her dead or anything, but she's not the brightest bulb in the house when it comes to her mouth. The feminists and social justice warriors are right on this one, I would have to agree.

Written By: ayy123 on 09/01/15 at 10:19 am

Yes probably

Check for new replies or respond here...