inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Situation in Ottawa

Written By: Sita0 on 10/22/14 at 11:00 pm

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-29724907

I wouldn't know any more than the reports, I'm in New York.

Any Ottawans on here?

Subject: Re: The Situation in Ottawa

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/23/14 at 12:56 am

N89BAADF1bE

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/23/14 at 5:46 am

More Muslim shenanigans, this time from a convert. This "religion"'s followers are hell-bent to murder, rape, and rob on six of 7 continents so far.  I'm surprised none of them have tried to make a name for themselves and machine-gun an outpost on Antarctica yet.

I suspect that Canadians will quickly wise up and start to put the hammer down...

It's too bad that Assad's father is still not around.  He knew how to deal with these people.  Last time they screwed with him, he completely leveled their city and they behaved for the next 20-25 years.  That's what it takes when you are dealing with the Muslim fundamentalist mentality.  Overwhelming, destructive power and the willingness to use it to keep a longer term peace.

Written By: gibbo on 10/23/14 at 7:47 pm

More Muslim shenanigans, this time from a convert. This "religion"'s followers are hell-bent to murder, rape, and rob on six of 7 continents so far.  I'm surprised none of them have tried to make a name for themselves and machine-gun an outpost on Antarctica yet.

I suspect that Canadians will quickly wise up and start to put the hammer down...

It's too bad that Assad's father is still not around.  He knew how to deal with these people.  Last time they screwed with him, he completely leveled their city and they behaved for the next 20-25 years.  That's what it takes when you are dealing with the Muslim fundamentalist mentality.  Overwhelming, destructive power and the willingness to use it to keep a longer term peace.

I'm guessing Australia will have one of these incidents eventually ...  It's almost impossible to stop these 'lone wolf' attacks. I'm not sure why people believe Islam can integrate with The West when they are sworn to convert or kill non-believers!  It leaves nowhere to go with negotiation...

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/23/14 at 11:56 pm

they are sworn to convert or kill non-believers!  It leaves nowhere to go with negotiation...

Tell me about it! Bloody fanatics!

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/581/916/8a9.gif

Maybe in a few centuries, maybe they'll chill out, cut Galileo some slack, and end up more accepting of science than some of their Protestant offshoots, and some of their religious leaders will be the kind of guys I'd like to have a glass of wine with. Wait, who are we talking about again?

I've worked with agnostics, atheists, Jews, at least two Muslims, Christians, and a few Hindus. None of them were dicks about it. We drink beer together, except for the Muslim chick who didn't drink, but was totally cool with the fact that we did. Jewish dude had the sharpest sense of humor, with a close second to the Hindu dude who took us all out to this totally aweome place for Diwali (which is like, today, by the way, so go to an Indian restaurant soonish!) and schooled the vegan atheist in food, much to the bemusement of all, including the vegan. (On behalf of team agnostic carnivores, just because it doesn't have beef in it doesn't mean it can't taste awesome. The vegan dishes were as flavorful as the chicken/pork dishes.)

Maybe the problem isn't if/how you worship the Abrahamic God or not, but whether you're being a dickfanatic about it.

Written By: Sita0 on 10/24/14 at 12:02 am

Tell me about it! Bloody fanatics!

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/581/916/8a9.gif

Maybe in a few centuries, maybe they'll chill out, cut Galileo some slack, and end up more accepting of science than some of their Protestant offshoots, and some of their religious leaders will be the kind of guys I'd like to have a glass of wine with. Wait, who are we talking about again?

I've worked with agnostics, atheists, Jews, at least two Muslims, Christians, and a few Hindus. None of them were dicks about it. We drink beer together, except for the Muslim chick who didn't drink, but was totally cool with the fact that we did. Jewish dude had the sharpest sense of humor, with a close second to the Hindu dude who took us all out to this totally aweome place for Diwali (which is like, today, by the way, so go to an Indian restaurant soonish!) and schooled the vegan atheist in food, much to the bemusement of all, including the vegan. (On behalf of team agnostic carnivores, just because it doesn't have beef in it doesn't mean it can't taste awesome. The vegan dishes were as flavorful as the chicken/pork dishes.)

Maybe the problem isn't if/how you worship the Abrahamic God or not, but whether you're being a dickfanatic about it.

Can confirm, Jews are known for jokes.

Source: family, New Yorker

Written By: Slim95 on 10/24/14 at 12:12 am

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-29724907

I wouldn't know any more than the reports, I'm in New York.

Any Ottawans on here?

Not Ottawan but Calgarian, but the scare is felt all across Canada. He was 10 feet away from shooting the prime minister and his cabinet..:(

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 10/28/14 at 12:14 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_shootings_at_Parliament_Hill,_Ottawa

Not a native of Ottawa but a Cobourgian.  I feel for CPL Cirillo's family.  His death was senseless and cruel and the guardsman had no choice but to shoot the attacker before he did anymore harm to the city.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/28/14 at 2:47 pm

Can confirm, Jews are known for jokes.

Source: family, New Yorker

Hey! I resemble that remark!!

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 10/28/14 at 7:27 pm

I live about 2 hours from Ottawa.  It was a scary situation.  I was worried the shooters would start spreading west.  To get from Ottawa to Toronto, which is the next major metropolis in Ontario, you have to pass through my city.

Check for new replies or respond here...