inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Taylor Swift's 1989 tops a million sales

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/06/14 at 3:19 am

Removing her entire back catalogue from music-streaming service Spotify doesn't seem to have dented Taylor Swift's massive popularity.

Her 1989 album has debuted at No 1 on America's Billboard 200 albums chart.

It sold 1.287 million copies in its first week.

According to Billboard that is the largest sales week for an album since Eminem's The Eminem Show was released 12 years ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/29911224

Subject: Re: Taylor Swift's 1989 tops a million sales

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/06/14 at 4:27 pm

Nice to hear that she has a good head for business.  She's in music and it's all about selling the product.  Kudos to Tay Tay for a shrewd move.  8)

Written By: winteriscoming on 11/13/14 at 11:02 pm

It should be called 1999 because that's what year Taylor acts like she was born in.  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/14/14 at 5:40 am

It should be called 1999 because that's what year Taylor acts like she was born in.  ;D

Well at least we don't see her out in public climbing out of cars without her knickers, or posting nudie shots on Twitter.  Nice to see good wholesome entertainment without the sleaze...  8)

Written By: amjikloviet on 11/14/14 at 12:11 pm

I don't listen to a lot of music of today, but I have to admit her song "I knew you were trouble" is catchy!

Written By: nostalgicguy on 11/24/14 at 9:43 pm

I agree that her music is immature and targeted towards preteen and teenage girls. As annoying as I find her music, I do think she is a role model for young girls. She isn't one of those singers or other celebrities that gets arrested, gets drunk in public, or does drugs. She's pretty tame.

Written By: winteriscoming on 11/26/14 at 1:18 am

I agree that her music is immature and targeted towards preteen and teenage girls. As annoying as I find her music, I do think she is a role model for young girls. She isn't one of those singers or other celebrities that gets arrested, gets drunk in public, or does drugs. She's pretty tame.

I suppose that's true, she's just bland and comes off as self righteous to me that's all. She is better than Miley, Britney and their ilk though.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/26/14 at 5:53 am

She is better than Miley, Britney and their ilk though.

And we won't be seeing her doing shoots for Playboy or swinging nude from a wrecking ball either.

Written By: Howard on 11/26/14 at 2:56 pm

And we won't be seeing her doing shoots for Playboy or swinging nude from a wrecking ball either.

I hope not.

Check for new replies or respond here...