inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My review of 2014

Written By: the2001 on 11/29/14 at 8:12 pm

Okay so I know some of what I am going to say is graphic sorta
but I am just venting how my 2014 was (with less than a month to go)
feel free to explain how yours was.

My review of 2014

Pharrell williams (2000s hit maker)  came back with this song called
Happy. I am sure most of you know what song I am talking about.
You could not escape it lol.

Gwen Stefani
Gwen came back as a solo artist with a new song called baby don't lie
and spark the fire  (as well as being a judge on the voice)
The song is ok I guess.

MTV TRL came back for one night only
Mtv brought back TRL with guest Ariana Grande on July 2
(however there was no countdown).  It seemed ok but it drew a poor auidence.

BET Cancels 106 & Park
Viacoms music video countdown  spin off show 106 & park
was canceled by the network last week. The end of music videos
on tv is here.

My PS4 Broke
A playstation I had bought fell off my tv shelf
and literally shattered into pieces.  I have not yet gotten a new one.

I caught HIV
Started dating a girl off of Okcupid, and the relationship was really fast
( we broke up due to her lying all the time and being a horrible person)
We both got tested and found out she has HIV. Which means... Now I have it
because we had unprotected sex 3 times.  Not the greatest way to end my 2014.
There is nothing I can really do.

Ferguson

I literally thought a race war was going to break out this year.

Finally canceled HBO
I removed paying 20 bucks more from my cable for HBO,
and I can say I feel alot better lol

Went on vacation.
Went to Burmuda and I can honestly say it is every bit as amazing
as everyone says it is. Clear water.

Celeb hacking
that whole 3 days was the funniest stuff I have ever seen.
Obv it sucks for the people who got hacked tho.

So yeah thats pretty much my 2014 summed up, how did yours go ?

Subject: Re: My review of 2014

Written By: Slim95 on 12/01/14 at 8:18 pm

2014 to me was just okay. Wasn't bad, wasn't good. 2013 was the best year of my life though. I feel in 2014 not a whole lot has happened. Mainstream music was really, really bad this year I found, especially compared to 2013. I just had a lot of trouble finding songs I liked that were on the radio. All the songs sounded mostly the same and a lot of fake celebrities like Ariana Grande, Nikki Minaj and Iggy were in the spotlight. Not to mention the handful of stupid songs that were released this year like Anaconda and that J-Lo song. 2014 was a big year for smart watches as most of the first generation smart watches were released this year. It was also a big year for QHD phones. There were a few good movies but none that were really memorable. Hopefully 2015 will be a great year.

Written By: Howard on 12/02/14 at 2:37 pm

Well 2014 in my eyes in the news I thought this year was the year of the gun. You can't even watch the news or turn the page of a newspaper and find someone that got shot or someone that shot somebody and after that they blew their brains out. It seems like every month this happens.

Written By: Arrowstone on 12/02/14 at 3:11 pm

This was a terrible year ever for me;
I dealt with growing personal issues, and
therefore had to delay college; people I expected
keeping in touch with are very far away;
The news was negative. Bad economy, sh*t in the
Middle East, "the Russians", the plane shooting in
which many of my country were hurt;
seeing aggression rising, seeing people staring apathetically to their phones ;
music worse than last year..

Good things: I saw dolphins swimming in the Meditterenean and I performed Mozart's requiem.
;

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/02/14 at 6:18 pm

Personally, 2014 was the year of "Our New Old House." http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=48369.0

The first half was getting it ready to live in and the second half was unpacking & making it beautiful. Still not done yet. Some things will be done next year.

We didn't go to Puerto Rico this year because of the house.
We didn't travel around New England in our camper van this summer like we had planned because of the house.

What else happened that had nothing to do with the house? We got a new kitten.  :)

Cat

Written By: Mat1991 on 12/02/14 at 8:58 pm

2014 was a big year for me, and not necessarily in a positive way.

I started the year off getting treated for an STD that I've had for I don't know how long, and the immediate after-effects were not so fun, either.

I graduated from community college and transferred to university. I actually miss my old college because I have not had a very good first semester at my university. I found I didn't like my roommate that much and am now in the process of getting a room change. I've been stressed, depressed, and angry all semester (if not all year) due to personal things going on in my life, such as a guy I really like serving overseas in Afghanistan and my making a new friend only to find out that he's a douchebag.

This year, I seriously considered a career in journalism. I've been writing for newspapers pretty much all year. Still, sometimes I wonder if I'm that great at it, because I recently read a pretty bad criticism of myself from one of my interviewees.

It's a clichéd thing to say, but I hope next year is better. I'm getting ready to submit an application to intern abroad (perhaps in Barcelona) next summer. It would be really cool if I got to do it, since I never really get to travel.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/02/14 at 9:38 pm

2014 has been good for me, with coming to terms with early retirement, chances to spent time at the cinema seeing the best and worst of film on an Unlimited Card , and the opportunity to visit my in-laws the other side of the world.

Written By: meesa on 12/02/14 at 9:44 pm

2014 was the year of big changes for me, positive moves. Clearing my life of people and things that were not good or healthy for me and moving towards a happier future. Yep 2014 was BIG personally. :)

Written By: sporty on 12/03/14 at 9:34 am

It was a good year for me because I became more spiritual and my health improved. I also went gluten free. But the change started in December 2013.

Written By: batfan2005 on 12/03/14 at 11:28 am

2014 is a year I will want to forget once its over. I didn't have anything go severely wrong like a death in the family or anything, but I didn't seem to have anything go right either. I struggled with work, relationship, and financial problems. The culture (music and movies) was mediocre at best but mostly bland with only a few good songs and a few good movies. It was my worst year since 2006, and for similar reasons as that year.

Written By: Howard on 12/03/14 at 2:28 pm

seeing people staring apathetically to their phones ;

I know what you mean, Arrow. ::)

Written By: Howard on 12/03/14 at 2:31 pm

I was surprised that my Mother brought me to a restaurant on my 40th birthday party and lo and behold, my friends and family were all there, It was a day to remember and have good times with. :)

Written By: nostalgicguy on 12/05/14 at 6:18 pm

2014 was a great year for me. I finally graduated from community college and transferred to a university. I'm in the end of my first semester now. Music sucked but my personal life was great.

Written By: popguru85 on 12/05/14 at 9:43 pm

I'm gonna look back at 2014 with a kinda "it was ok....". I broke up with my girlfriend in August. I didn't really perform or write as much comedy skits as I wanted to, but a friend of mine wants me to write for his podcast in 2015. I may be dating a new girl more in 2015. I got to go to Philly, NY Comic Con, Got to volunteer and perform a little bit at Del Close Marathon, made some new friends from a writing group formed at a local college. Saw family I haven't seen in a long time

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/06/14 at 11:49 am

HIV... That sux...

Written By: Howard on 12/06/14 at 5:57 pm

How about discussing 2014 in review in the news?  ???

Check for new replies or respond here...