inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Microtransactions in Videogames

Written By: Sita0 on 12/26/14 at 2:43 pm

I don't really like the idea. I mean, the closest I ever had to it was arcade games, which were pretty different from these "free-to-play adventure" games. In my opinion, video game developers should let people play unhindered. Unfortunately, now it's all competitive "free to play, pay to win" games. What do you guys think of this kind of game?

Subject: Re: Microtransactions in Videogames

Written By: KatanaChick on 12/26/14 at 8:42 pm

Do you mean games where you need money to level up?

Written By: Sita0 on 12/26/14 at 11:12 pm

Do you mean games where you need money to level up?

Yes, or ones that only let you play one life an hour or whatever to nickel-and-dime you.

Written By: KatanaChick on 12/29/14 at 5:08 am

Yes, or ones that only let you play one life an hour or whatever to nickel-and-dime you.

I'd avoid those. Way not fair.  >:( If you bought the game the rest should be free.

Written By: popguru85 on 01/01/15 at 3:25 pm

If you have a console, the DLC passes are bullcrap. For example Call of Duty will charge you $50 to access maps for multiplayer when there are maps from older game levels. I'm under the belief that DLC should be for characters, weapons, etc that were left out due to time and misc, not this DAY 1 stuff that should be in the game to begin with.

Written By: Howard on 01/02/15 at 7:59 am

If you have a console, the DLC passes are bullcrap. For example Call of Duty will charge you $50 to access maps for multiplayer when there are maps from older game levels. I'm under the belief that DLC should be for characters, weapons, etc that were left out due to time and misc, not this DAY 1 stuff that should be in the game to begin with.

same goes with WWE games, they want to charge you money to download characters instead of them being for free.  ::)

Written By: popguru85 on 01/02/15 at 1:46 pm

same goes with WWE games, they want to charge you money to download characters instead of them being for free.  ::)

I don't mind paying for extra content but I'm not paying $25 to get a few characters. At that point, you might as well give us some new levels or a whole new game.

Written By: Howard on 01/02/15 at 3:14 pm

I don't mind paying for extra content but I'm not paying $25 to get a few characters. At that point, you might as well give us some new levels or a whole new game.

like in some WWE games there are new characters (mostly the legends) are a bit expensive so you wind up buying one of those PlayStation Download Cards they sell at GameStop

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51kH-voitsL._SY300_.jpg

Check for new replies or respond here...