inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Taylor Swift now at her peak?

Written By: 80sfan on 01/09/15 at 5:33 am

I don't hate Taylor, actually I quite like her. It's nice to see a female artist who doesn't have to show her goodies (haha) out to the world to sale records. I'm not judging those who do use sex, just to be clear, but it's just refreshing to see an artist like Taylor Swift.

Do you think she's at her peak right now? I mean, she was on Time Magazine during this era. I think her next album will be her peak, just a guess.

What do you think?

Subject: Re: Taylor Swift now at her peak?

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/09/15 at 11:48 am

She's not reached he peak yet.

But if we start seeing her in "climbing out of her car without any undies" shots, then we'll know that she's on the decline.  :-\\

Written By: ArcticFox on 01/09/15 at 12:03 pm

She has been very successful for several years and throughout many albums. Either she is peaking right now, or maybe she already peaked. Her "Red" album was very successful and had a lot of successful singles. I disliked pretty much all of the singles on that album. My brother thought that she had already sold out by then lol! My mom still likes her though, and she has liked her since she first started. I miss her country music. I hope she goes back to her roots.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/09/15 at 12:48 pm

But if we start seeing her in "climbing out of her car without any undies" shots, then we'll know that she's on the decline.  :-\\

Like Miley.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/09/15 at 12:49 pm

She has been very successful for several years and throughout many albums. Either she is peaking right now, or maybe she already peaked. Her "Red" album was very successful and had a lot of successful singles. I disliked pretty much all of the singles on that album. My brother thought that she had already sold out by then lol! My mom still likes her though, and she has liked her since she first started. I miss her country music. I hope she goes back to her roots.

;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/09/15 at 2:03 pm

Like Miley.

Well in fairness to Miley, Ms. Cyrus has not yet done the "climbing out of the car" thing.  :P

Written By: Howard on 01/09/15 at 2:06 pm

I'm pretty sure that'll happen sometime in the near future. ::)

Written By: Howard on 01/09/15 at 2:06 pm

Like Miley.

Miley is more of a media whore.

Written By: Howard on 01/09/15 at 2:07 pm

Well in fairness to Miley, Ms. Cyrus has not yet done the "climbing out of the car" thing.  :P

I'm pretty sure that'll happen sometime in the near future.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/09/15 at 7:27 pm

I'm pretty sure that'll happen sometime in the near future.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/09/03/1409746292516_Image_galleryImage_September_03_2014_Septemb.JPG

Written By: 80sfan on 01/09/15 at 8:17 pm

;D  ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 01/09/15 at 8:19 pm

Miley is more of a edia whore.

She appears to want to be the next Madonna.  8)

Written By: ArcticFox on 01/09/15 at 8:54 pm

She's not going to be.. She isn't talented enough. She has no unique characteristics.

Written By: nostalgicguy on 01/09/15 at 8:58 pm

I thought that was supposed to be Lady Gaga? Taylor will probably continue singing into the next decade. She needs to change what her songs are about. She always sings about ex boyfriends or guys treating her wrong. It's getting old.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/09/15 at 11:47 pm

I thought that was supposed to be Lady Gaga? Taylor will probably continue singing into the next decade. She needs to change what her songs are about. She always sings about ex boyfriends or guys treating her wrong. It's getting old.

She seems to be TRYING to channel this Madonna look circa 1993.

http://www.fashionfave.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Madonnas-hairstyle-evolution-1993-1.jpg

Written By: 80sfan on 01/09/15 at 11:48 pm

She's not going to be.. She isn't talented enough. She has no unique characteristics.

I agree. Madonna had/has something to say, not just craziness. But it depends on who you ask though!

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/10/15 at 1:52 am

With a few films to her name and more songs to come, she is doing well, and the peak as yet, is nowhere in sight.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/10/15 at 5:40 am

She seems to be TRYING to channel this Madonna look circa 1993.

http://www.fashionfave.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Madonnas-hairstyle-evolution-1993-1.jpg

Maybe Miley can record a cover version of "Like a Virgin".  ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/10/15 at 7:14 am

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/09/03/1409746292516_Image_galleryImage_September_03_2014_Septemb.JPG

Was she wearing underwear?

Written By: Howard on 01/10/15 at 7:15 am

God I hope not. ::)

Written By: Howard on 01/10/15 at 7:16 am

How about singing about something else?

Written By: Howard on 01/10/15 at 7:18 am

Maybe Miley can record a cover version of "Like a Virgin".  ;D

Nope, don't touch Madonna's music. leave it in the past and don't cover anything! ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/10/15 at 7:20 am

Nope, don't touch Madonna's music. leave it in the past and don't cover anything! ::)
Madonna's cover of American Pie was dire!

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/10/15 at 12:55 pm

Was she wearing underwear?

Can't tell... She exited the SUV like a lady, instead of like she was getting ready on the Gyno table.  ;D

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 01/10/15 at 1:08 pm

I prefer Madonna, but Taylor Swift is far from the whole manufactured thing.

Written By: Howard on 01/10/15 at 5:58 pm

I prefer Madonna, but Taylor Swift is far from the whole manufactured thing.

Madonna was at her peak between 1984-1987.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/10/15 at 11:46 pm

Madonna was at her peak between 1984-1987.

Was she popular in 1984? I always wanted to ask someone who lived during then!

Written By: 80sfan on 01/10/15 at 11:48 pm

With a few films to her name and more songs to come, she is doing well, and the peak as yet, is nowhere in sight.

Taylor seems to have morals. Something celebrities don't always have. Yeah, she hasn't peak either.

Written By: ArcticFox on 01/10/15 at 11:48 pm

Yes, she was. Both my parents remember that year and they were both adults by that time.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/10/15 at 11:50 pm

Yes, she was. Both my parents remember that year and they were both adults by that time.

Karma point for this!  :P

Written By: Howard on 01/11/15 at 2:51 pm

Yes she was with songs such as Like A Virgin, Material Girl,True Blue, Who's That Girl? And Like A prayer to name a few.

Written By: bchris02 on 01/11/15 at 4:36 pm

Taylor Swift has been around for quite a while.  Personally I see her as somebody whose career will have longevity.  She's a talented artist and not a passing fad like Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus were.

Written By: ArcticFox on 01/11/15 at 5:53 pm

Taylor Swift has been around for quite a while.  Personally I see her as somebody whose career will have longevity.  She's a talented artist and not a passing fad like Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus were.

I agree, but I do believe she will have a peak. I think this is it, and afterwards she will become like Shania Twain or Faith Hill or something.

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 01/12/15 at 12:25 pm

Katy Perry is bubble gum. She just happens to have a special long lasting flavor.

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 01/12/15 at 12:46 pm

I think Lady Gaga is very talented. I guess she just pushed the outrageousness too far too soon.

Written By: Howard on 01/12/15 at 2:34 pm

Katy Perry is bubble gum. She just happens to have a special long lasting flavor.

She had a couple of hits.

Written By: Howard on 01/12/15 at 2:35 pm

I think Lady Gaga is very talented. I guess she just pushed the outrageousness too far too soon.

She just wanted to keep relevant.

Written By: Arrowstone on 01/12/15 at 6:18 pm

She is cool, though she looks like she has so much selfconfidence right now,
that it is scary  :P

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/13/15 at 6:56 pm

I'd hit that hard.  In a good sort of way, of course.  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...