inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Eden Xo: Rising pop singer ("Too Cool to Dance," "The Weekend")

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 01/20/15 at 6:19 pm

nAuY9TWichM

TzM9kFXdnFg

Has anyone heard this song yet, from rising pop singer Eden Xo (formerly Jessie and the Boy Toys)? I heard it on the radio, not knowing the lyrics and thinking it was the most 80s Madonna song I had ever heard, that never was one.

Now that I've found out what song it is, I'm obsessed. I've got this feeling that this song is gonna blow up. It's insanely catchy, lighthearted, upbeat, an 80s throwback, and the video references Baby One More Time. Interestingly enough, Jessie and the Boy Toys opened for Britney on her Femme Fatale tour back in 2011.

This is one of those songs you hear, and you know it's gonna be big. Just like when I first heard Baby One More Time; I was floored. And now that song is a 15/16-year-old classic.

Subject: Re: Eden Xo "Too Cool to Dance" sounds like 80's Madonna

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 01/26/15 at 7:53 pm

so far, so good.

The music video has passed the 500k mark (Not to brag, but I was lucky number 500k!). It had (last I checked) 500,233 views and counting.

Also, check this out.

http://www.celebuzz.com/2015-01-26/watch-eden-xo-teaches-kids-the-too-cool-to-dance-choreography/

Written By: TheEarly90sGuy on 01/26/15 at 10:10 pm

She'll probably be a recording artist of the 2020s, too. Though, she'll be fondly remembered for her 2010s work, I'm guessing.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 01/30/15 at 7:23 pm

Did anyone see her on the Today Show? If not, here ya go:

Eden xo is interviewed, teaches Today crew the "windshield wiper" and "grocery shopping" choreography

Eden performs "Too Cool to Dance"

Even Al Roker's not too cool to dance!  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/30/15 at 7:51 pm

Perhaps Madonna is ready to pass the baton on to the next generation.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/30/15 at 7:54 pm

Gracefully retire?

Written By: Howard on 01/31/15 at 7:51 am

I think so.

Written By: XYkid on 02/01/15 at 9:35 pm

It sounds like a mix of 1985 Madonna with 1999 Britney Spears.

Written By: Howard on 02/02/15 at 7:03 am

Did anyone see her on the Today Show? If not, here ya go:

Eden xo is interviewed, teaches Today crew the "windshield wiper" and "grocery shopping" choreography

Eden performs "Too Cool to Dance"

Even Al Roker's not too cool to dance!  ;D

That's pretty funny.

Written By: Howard on 02/02/15 at 7:03 am

It sounds like a mix of 1985 Madonna with 1999 Britney Spears.

I think this song needs a trumpet or horn sound.

Subject: Re: Eden Xo: Rising pop singer ("Too Cool to Dance," "The Weekend")

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 03/28/15 at 7:49 pm

I think this song needs a trumpet or horn sound.

There already is one, but here ya go!

eIB2XeQPmdI

-pWF7m7iDsE

Just a heads up, Eden xo released her (more 90s-sounding) second single, "The Weekend" (not to be confused with the R&B singer The Weeknd), back in February.

ctjOKI-2vNg

ECFSNeQjRuM

There's also a Lil Jon remix (that guy who did "Turn Down for What" with DJ Snake).

She performed it on GMA, roughly a month after her Today Show gig.

UijF0CMy_sU

Just last Tuesday (ironically, lol) she released a lyric video for the song. Pretty cute.

y6uBJxGve-8

Also, "Too Cool to Dance" is nominated for a Radio Disney Music Award for #Move: Best Song to Dance To. It's currently leading the category, leaving Taylor and Meghan Trainor in the dust. Some Taylor fans are in such denial that they're accusing Camp Eden of fraud and inflating/massing/automating votes. LOL. Makes them sound like Republicans.  ;D  Sore losers.

The radio's been playing "The Weekend" a bit lately, but it's still not in heavy rotation like "Uptown Funk," "I Want You To Know," "Style," "Chains," "Love Me Like You Do," "Thinking Out Loud" (pretty good song, but WAY overplayed), or anything else in the Top 40 right now. Lots of stations have added the song, and KIIS-FM (in LA) supposedly plays it a lot.

Written By: ArcticFox on 03/29/15 at 12:30 am

Her voice is annoying. It's way too silly and high. I don't like either of those songs. They sound so juvenile (like something for 10-12 year olds). "The Weekend" doesn't sound '90s at all. It sounds 2000s, and "Too Cool to Dance" sounds '70s. Both of those styles of music are too trendy, they don't start anything new or interesting.

Written By: Howard on 03/29/15 at 2:18 pm

Her voice is annoying. It's way too silly and high. I don't like either of those songs. They sound so juvenile (like something for 10-12 year olds). "The Weekend" doesn't sound '90s at all. It sounds 2000s, and "Too Cool to Dance" sounds '70s. Both of those styles of music are too trendy, they don't start anything new or interesting.

I like the beat but her voice is so whiny and high pitched.

Written By: ArcticFox on 03/29/15 at 3:23 pm

Lord have mercy on us Earthlings, please! This music has no soul in it and her voice hurts my brain! All female singers sound the same - super whiny and high-pitched, but no range. It's like voice acting baby on an anime.

Listening to '90s Sheryl Crow and this right afterwards feels like a step into hell. This girl has no talent. She just screwed some CEO for her opportunity and she probably knew someone in the business. Scientific studies prove that music really is getting worse. It's become homogenous and less melodic. Music gets louder by one decibel every eight years. Music has become less pleasant; eden xo is just a brainwashing weapon used by Obama to get people to not rebel against his anti-American policies.

Written By: Howard on 03/30/15 at 1:55 pm

Music gets louder by one decibel every eight years. Music has become less pleasant; eden xo is just a brainwashing weapon used by Obama to get people to not rebel against his anti-American policies.

You got that right, I can't stand today's music, it's become boring.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 04/19/15 at 7:19 pm

I'm going on vacation, so I need somebody -- anybody -- to take over for me. Your mission, Mr. Phelps, should you choose to accept it: Request "The Weekend" by Eden xo on every US CHR/pop radio station you can find, either directly or through Mediabase. And also stream the song hard -- Youtube, Vevo.com, Soundcloud, Spotify (if you have it), even Myspace.

A great list of CHR/pop stations w/Mediabase links

A decent (but not comprehensive) list of stations

More comprehensive

This may or may not be every single CHR/pop station in North America!

Mediabase only allows once request per station per day.

Have fun! :D

Written By: ArcticFox on 04/19/15 at 8:39 pm

I'm going on vacation, so I need somebody -- anybody -- to take over for me. Your mission, Mr. Phelps, should you choose to accept it: Request "The Weekend" by Eden xo on every US CHR/pop radio station you can find, either directly or through Mediabase. And also stream the song hard -- Youtube, Vevo.com, Soundcloud, Spotify (if you have it), even Myspace.

A great list of CHR/pop stations w/Mediabase links

A decent (but not comprehensive) list of stations

More comprehensive

This may or may not be every single CHR/pop station in North America!

Mediabase only allows once request per station per day.

Have fun! :D

We can easily use that against you! I'm going to use it to request songs that aren't electronic and try to bring more diversity into mainstream music! Songs aren't played because they're popular, they're played to make them popular!  ;D

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 05/04/15 at 8:24 pm

Just wanted you to know that I'm back from my vacation. Got back late Thursday/early Friday. And now I'm trying to make up for lost time.

Eden just shot the music video over the weekend, and just in time too. A couple stations that had added her appear to have dropped her, based on the Mediabase playlists. I have been requesting like crazy, so that the stations re-add it, and the ones that haven't added it yet do so. I've been streaming it to death, which helps it on the Billboard Hot 100.

The video features Eden as Sleeping Beauty, pop singer-songwriter Bonnie McKee (she's pretty well-known!) as CinderHella, Ricky Dillon of Youtube fame, dancer Larsen Thompson as Ariel, Ursula the Sea Witch, and who knows what else. Looking forward to it.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 07/21/15 at 7:30 pm

Just a quick update:

"The Weekend" music video will make its world premiere this Friday on Snapchat. It's been a long time coming, too.

Eden's also recorded a mashup of Natalie Imbruglia's "Torn" with "Don't Stop Believin'." It's really cool.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 07/26/15 at 8:37 pm

First off, Arctic Fox, if you hate this kind of music so passionately, why are you even in this thread, and why do you keep fudging me? I think it's time we agree to disagree.

Second off, to the people who love this stuff (or can, at least, tolerate it), here's the video courtesy of YouTube.

b2znDb8Y1dg

Already snatched 6,055 views within its first 48 hours.

Written By: Howard on 07/27/15 at 1:48 pm

First off, Arctic Fox, if you hate this kind of music so passionately, why are you even in this thread, and why do you keep fudging me? I think it's time we agree to disagree.

Second off, to the people who love this stuff (or can, at least, tolerate it), here's the video courtesy of YouTube.

b2znDb8Y1dg

Already snatched 6,055 views within its first 48 hours.

I find this song annoying.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 09/19/15 at 12:28 am

Eden has a new song, pinned to her wall
An image of you and of me and we're laughing, we're loving it all

Eden xo takes on The Thompson Twins with her rendition of "Hold Me Now."

iLCa3vgrDew

It's awesome. It sounds as 80s as the original. Let's hope she finally scores a hit.

Let's also hope that Artic Fox stays out of this thread, hee hee.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 09/19/15 at 7:11 am

Eden has a new song, pinned to her wall
An image of you and of me and we're laughing, we're loving it all

Eden xo takes on The Thompson Twins with her rendition of "Hold Me Now."

iLCa3vgrDew

It's awesome. It sounds as 80s as the original. Let's hope she finally scores a hit.

Let's also hope that Artic Fox stays out of this thread, hee hee.  ;D

Her version is ok.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 09/22/15 at 7:46 pm

Eden's version of "Hold Me Now" is featured in the pilot episode of Scream Queens, tonight (right now) on Fox. Pretty exciting. I've got it DVR'd right now.

Check for new replies or respond here...