inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My previous thread was deleted

Written By: Gdowe1991 on 01/22/15 at 8:59 am

Now I've heard recently about the new policy about decadology being banned from this website and and other topics of that sort not being tolerated, but I just wanted to know why exactly was my previous thread that I started taken down? I did not start that thread in any way to get people upset or get them riled up. It was all just a discussion about my birth year demographic traits and which cohort we fit more into. If anybody would like to tap into this discussion feel free.

Subject: Re: My previous thread was deleted

Written By: Gdowe1991 on 01/22/15 at 2:09 pm

Can somebody explain to me why exactly was my thread "Who do I have more similarities with" was deleted?

Written By: Gdowe1991 on 01/22/15 at 5:54 pm

The results for the poll were as follows

86ers and 87ers 11

95ers and 96ers 6

Written By: snozberries on 01/22/15 at 5:55 pm

It may have been reported by another member

or it was too reminiscent of another type of thread we used to get here... am I a 90s kid or am I an 00s kid. 

or  some of the posts in it got out of hand.

I don't really remember that thread so I don't know if I deleted it or if someone else did... I lock threads for violating the decadeology rule but I've never deleted one.

Written By: Gdowe1991 on 01/22/15 at 11:25 pm

It may have been reported by another member

or it was too reminiscent of another type of thread we used to get here... am I a 90s kid or am I an 00s kid. 

or  some of the posts in it got out of hand.

I don't really remember that thread so I don't know if I deleted it or if someone else did... I lock threads for violating the decadeology rule but I've never deleted one.
Well is there any possible way that I can retrieve the thread or unlock the thread? Because I would really like to continue on with the discussion. I apologize if I have offended anyone in anyway in my thread. I just intended on having a civil discussion about a topic.

Written By: Gdowe1991 on 01/23/15 at 3:56 pm

Is there a way that I can resume my thread?

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/23/15 at 5:31 pm

Is there a way that I can resume my thread?

I am guessing the answer will be "no".  I guess you could try re-posting it but it would prolly get deleted again.  :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/23/15 at 5:35 pm

There are 46772 topics here on this board to contribute to.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/23/15 at 6:21 pm

Are there more topics relating to 1991 than to 1986? ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/23/15 at 6:28 pm

Please read 'this board' as 'this forum'. thanks.

Written By: Gdowe1991 on 01/23/15 at 7:16 pm

It was a thread about whether I have more in common with people born in 1986 and 1987 or those born in 1995 and 1996

Written By: snozberries on 01/23/15 at 7:55 pm

Well is there any possible way that I can retrieve the thread or unlock the thread? Because I would really like to continue on with the discussion. I apologize if I have offended anyone in anyway in my thread. I just intended on having a civil discussion about a topic.

If you look through the 90s thread or 00s thread or whatever year it was you were trying to discuss... I'm sure you will find a similar thread to the one you posted..... try reviving the topic there... it's less likely the topic will be deleted or locked...

Written By: snozberries on 01/23/15 at 7:56 pm

It was a thread about whether I have more in common with people born in 1986 and 1987 or those born in 1995 and 1996

Why would you post that in a 2010s board?

Written By: KatanaChick on 01/24/15 at 6:52 am

If someone thought it had worn out by now it could have just been locked. IMO it wasn't anything bad, but nothing to dwell on. Start some new topics about different things.

Written By: Howard on 01/24/15 at 7:21 am

If someone thought it had worn out by now it could have just been locked. IMO it wasn't anything bad, but nothing to dwell on. Start some new topics about different things.

some topics can be a bit redundant that there is nothing to discuss anymore so it is locked.

Written By: Gdowe1991 on 01/25/15 at 9:57 am

Why would you post that in a 2010s board?
Well I started it in the 2010s board because I didn't know where else was best to start it, and the reason why I started I is because people seem to think that because I was born in 1991 that I am only supposed to have similarities with younger people and nothing at all in common with older people. I have yet to see someone lump my birth year into a cohort with those born before me only after me. For example people lump into the same group as kids born in 1996 who are 5 years younger than me, but I have yet to see on this board somebody lump me with those born in 1986 even though the age gap is the same, I mean I don't think I grew up in the same time period as a child or teen at all as people born in 1996 at all but yet I am still lumped with them. Let me ask some of the people here, are there any demographic similarities that you see me sharing with older people? I ask this because it seems people only want me to have things in common with younger people and nothing at all in common with older people I mean if you were to lump me into a cohort of older people, what birth years would they be? And on a last note, I have never thought of the entire 90s decade as being defined solely by things like teen pop. I know that there is much more to the decade that went on earlier during it.

Written By: snozberries on 01/25/15 at 11:25 am

Well I started it in the 2010s board because I didn't know where else was best to start it, and the reason why I started I is because people seem to think that because I was born in 1991 that I am only supposed to have similarities with younger people and nothing at all in common with older people. I have yet to see someone lump my birth year into a cohort with those born before me only after me. For example people lump into the same group as kids born in 1996 who are 5 years younger than me, but I have yet to see on this board somebody lump me with those born in 1986 even though the age gap is the same, I mean I don't think I grew up in the same time period as a child or teen at all as people born in 1996 at all but yet I am still lumped with them. Let me ask some of the people here, are there any demographic similarities that you see me sharing with older people? I ask this because it seems people only want me to have things in common with younger people and nothing at all in common with older people I mean if you were to lump me into a cohort of older people, what birth years would they be? And on a last note, I have never thought of the entire 90s decade as being defined solely by things like teen pop. I know that there is much more to the decade that went on earlier during it.

and now you have your answer of why it was deleted... we banned the talk of what decade do I belong to years ago when it got out of hand.... general consensus is screw what people tell you and just count yourself among the decade you like best... or claim both decades if you want because the only person it should matter to is you...

Written By: Gdowe1991 on 01/25/15 at 1:57 pm

and now you have your answer of why it was deleted... we banned the talk of what decade do I belong to years ago when it got out of hand.... general consensus is screw what people tell you and just count yourself among the decade you like best... or claim both decades if you want because the only person it should matter to is you...
Ok I see now. I'm sorry about all that. I just wanted to know why people tend to always associate my birth year with only younger people and rarely any birth years that are older. I mean I'm pretty sure I share alot of demographic traits with those that are older than me, but why do people always lump me more with younger people. Does anybody here me as having anything at all in common with birth years that are older than me? I am very close in age to late 80s babies yet people always seem to ignore that. I just wonder why people will always view me as being more on boat with younger people than with people who are older than me? :-\\

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 01/25/15 at 2:45 pm

Ok I see now. I'm sorry about all that. I just wanted to know why people tend to always associate my birth year with only younger people and rarely any birth years that are older.

Why do you tell people your birth year? If you tell them, you are 23, they will most likely "lump" you with somebody in his late 20s, rather that with somebody in his late teens. That's just my opinion...

And of course, once all 80s babies turned 30, most people will tend to lump you with the mid 90s borns again. That wouldn't be too bad then, because you and the mid 90s borns will be in their 20s in 2020.

Written By: Gdowe1991 on 01/25/15 at 3:09 pm

Why do you tell people your birth year? If you tell them, you are 23, they will most likely "lump" you with somebody in his late 20s, rather that with somebody in his late teens. That's just my opinion...

And of course, once all 80s babies turned 30, most people will tend to lump you with the mid 90s borns again. That wouldn't be too bad then, because you and the mid 90s borns will be in their 20s in 2020.
I understand that I will still be in my 20s in the 2020s, but see the thing is that decade will belong mostly to my 30s just like those born in the late 80s whereas mid 90s born s will spend about half of the 2020s in their 20s and in the case of those born in 1996, more than half the decade will belong to their 20s. Even a few years ago when I was in my early 20s people lumped me in the same group as teens born in the mid 90s, which if you ask me is kind of inaccurate don't you think. I even spent most of my teens in the same cultural era as those born in the late 80s than those born in the mid 90s, such as pre recession, pre Obama presidency, and pre electropop and ipad/smartphone era.

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 01/25/15 at 3:16 pm

Even a few years ago when I was in my early 20s people lumped me in the same group as teens born in the mid 90s

Maybe it's because you look younger than you are?

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 01/25/15 at 3:21 pm

By the way, enjoy your 20s. I would love to get lumped with 91ers again rather than with 81ers who are already in their mid 30s. Unfortunately, I don't think that's the case. I sometimes feel like a grandpa compared to people in their early 20s. Once you get closer to 30, you want to be in your early 20s again.

No wait, sometimes, I would like to be 17 again. It was a much easier time.

Written By: Gdowe1991 on 01/25/15 at 4:16 pm

Maybe it's because you look younger than you are?
Well in regards to what age I look, I have gotten mixed comments. Some people have said that I look like I am 18 or 19, while others have told me I look like I am in my mid to late 20s, especially when my beard grows out, but that is not exactly what I am talking about when I have people lump me in with the younger crowd. I have been to 90s kids threads all over the web and they would constantly lump me with mid 90s births and some have even went as far as saying that I am part of generation z which is completely false the fact being that I can remember a time in my life before I had a household computer with access to the internet and can remember a time before everybody had cell phones, so I still consider myself solidly generation y because of this.
By the way, enjoy your 20s. I would love to get lumped with 91ers again rather than with 81ers who are already in their mid 30s. Unfortunately, I don't think that's the case. I sometimes feel like a grandpa compared to people in their early 20s. Once you get closer to 30, you want to be in your early 20s again.

But why would you get lumped more with 81ers? Honestly I don't see any reason for people to lump you more with 81ers than with 91ers right now , other than the third digit in your birth year being an 8. In this point in time I would see you more on boat with 91ers being that you are still in your 20s, yes I know you are in your late 20s drawing close to 30 but your still in your 20s regardless and 91ers are now in their mid 20s basically. I think 81ers may possibly have their mind set on age 40 at this point in time being that they are in their mid 30s(though they still have 6 years to go before they hit 40) whereas you still have some time before you hit 40. Probably say in the next 5 years when you turn 34 and 81ers are 39 I would see you as being more on boat with them. But for right now I would probably see you a tad bit more on boat with 91ers.

Written By: KatanaChick on 01/25/15 at 9:31 pm

::) ...And now the debate rages again! You were born in '91. You are an early 90's born. You know, the era that came between the late 80's and mid 90's. You're still a Millenial and your childhood was 90's/2000's cusp. Why does it bother you so much? You're not pushing 30 yet and you're not right out of high school. This has gotten old.

Written By: snozberries on 01/25/15 at 9:57 pm

::) ...And now the debate rages again! You were born in '91. You are an early 90's born. You know, the era that came between the late 80's and mid 90's. You're still a Millenial and your childhood was 90's/2000's cusp. Why does it bother you so much? You're not pushing 30 yet and you're not right out of high school. This has gotten old.

well if the discussion continues I'll wind up locking this thread too  ::)

Written By: KatanaChick on 01/25/15 at 10:00 pm

Might as well now. It never ends.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/25/15 at 10:17 pm

Technically this thread has gone off topic.

Written By: Gdowe1991 on 01/25/15 at 10:45 pm

OK then if that is the case I will end this discussion and get back on topic.
The reason why it sort of bothers me so much is because some people try to make it out that I am a completely different generation from people who are just a few years older than me and think I don't have anything in common with them at all and think I should only have things in common with younger people born further on in the 90s. I hate to bring this discussion back into the picture and I will obviously end it soon but it has been something I have actually thinking about for a few years now that is why it has been on and off and I have had people born just a few years before me refer to me as "kid" even though the age gap between me and them is small.

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/25/15 at 10:51 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsPW90ZIjaA

http://i.imgur.com/LJvJwUb.gif

Written By: snozberries on 01/26/15 at 12:41 am

OK then if that is the case I will end this discussion and get back on topic.

good....

The reason why it sort of bothers me so much is because some people try to make it out that I am a completely different generation from people who are just a few years older than me and think I don't have anything in common with them at all and think I should only have things in common with younger people born further on in the 90s. I hate to bring this discussion back into the picture and I will obviously end it soon but it has been something I have actually thinking about for a few years now that is why it has been on and off and I have had people born just a few years before me refer to me as "kid" even though the age gap between me and them is small.

wow that staying on topic thing  lasted a whole 10 seconds... 

Written By: snozberries on 01/26/15 at 12:42 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsPW90ZIjaA

http://i.imgur.com/LJvJwUb.gif

I'm on graveyards again... you know I get bored on graveyards... I gotta have something to do to keep me awake all night long  :P

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 01/26/15 at 2:12 am

But why would you get lumped more with 81ers?

Why do you ask this?
Because it is obvious. If you are in your late 20s, your youth is over (unlike in your early-mid 20s) and you have more in common with the early-mid 30s cohort.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/26/15 at 2:40 am

I know it is off topic, but:

But why would you get lumped more with 81ers?
No one can help the year that any one is born, what you are is what you are, and the year of birth comes along with it.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/26/15 at 5:25 am

I think this thread has gotten more action than the original.

Written By: KatanaChick on 01/26/15 at 5:47 am

I think this thread has gotten more action than the original.

I don't know about that...

Written By: Gdowe1991 on 01/26/15 at 9:18 am

Why do you ask this?
Because it is obvious. If you are in your late 20s, your youth is over (unlike in your early-mid 20s) and you have more in common with the early-mid 30s cohort.
Well those that are in their early 20s are definitely out of your way, but not those in their mid 20s especially those who are 26. I would say you have alot in common with those in their early 30s but I wouldn't group you with those in their mid 30s just yet. At least give it another two years when you are actually in your 30s. I think your main cohort right now would be those in their mid 20s and early 30s, and with that said you are still young. 28/29 isn't old not even 30. You are as young as you feel. Just my personal opinion and outlook on this whole thing. ;)

Written By: Inlandsvägen1986 on 01/26/15 at 9:29 am

I think your main cohort right now would be those in their mid 20s and early 30s

Yes, I would agree with that. However, when people look at me, they'd probably "put" me more towards the older end (early 30s) here. But you are basically right. Since I have not yet finished university, I wouldn't group myself with those in their mid 30s either. Especially those older than 33/34. I don't even want to be in that group.

Written By: Howard on 01/26/15 at 2:42 pm

I feel the same way too.

Written By: Howard on 01/26/15 at 2:43 pm

You might as well...  ::)

Written By: Howard on 01/26/15 at 2:45 pm

I know it is off topic, but:
No one can help the year that any one is born, what you are is what you are, and the year of birth comes along with it.

I was born in 1974.

Written By: meesa on 01/26/15 at 10:38 pm

The reason why it sort of bothers me so much is because some people try to make it out that I am a completely different generation from people who are just a few years older than me and think I don't have anything in common with them at all and think I should only have things in common with younger people born further on in the 90s.

Why do you care? Honestly, there are other things to be upset over. This has been going on ad nauseum for far too long. Put that indignation towards something that is worthwhile.

I hate to bring this discussion back into the picture and I will obviously end it soon...
I doubt it. Been going on for years and no signs of stopping yet.

but it has been something I have actually thinking about for a few years now that is why it has been on and off and the thoughts transfer to this website, on..and off..and on..and off...and on..and off...but mostly it goes on and on.

Truest statement on this thread besides Philip pointing out that you are born when you are born and no one can change it. Including you AND me AND anyone else. Good grief.

And then people wonder WHY decadeology is dreaded here. I don't mind people comparing decades, but this went off the rails a long time ago. Come on, stop it. Enough. I will be glad to agree that you are any generation you like if you will just please quit. I surrender already.

Written By: snozberries on 01/27/15 at 12:33 am

I will be glad to agree that you are any generation you like if you will just please quit. I surrender already.

I've been saying this for years...

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/27/15 at 5:43 am

Well those that are in their early 20s are definitely out of your way, but not those in their mid 20s especially those who are 26. I would say you have alot in common with those in their early 30s but I wouldn't group you with those in their mid 30s just yet. At least give it another two years when you are actually in your 30s. I think your main cohort right now would be those in their mid 20s and early 30s, and with that said you are still young. 28/29 isn't old not even 30. You are as young as you feel. Just my personal opinion and outlook on this whole thing. ;)

I know some 28/29's who act like they're 27.  Go figure.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/27/15 at 6:02 am

My previous thread was deleted,
because subjects got over heated.
So keeping to the boards decorum,
why not answer other threads on our forum?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/27/15 at 6:11 am

My previous thread was deleted,
because subjects got over heated.
So keeping to the boards decorum,
why not answer other threads on our forum?

He's a poet
and he knows it.

Written By: Gdowe1991 on 01/27/15 at 11:04 am

Why do you care? Honestly, there are other things to be upset over. This has been going on ad nauseum for far too long. Put that indignation towards something that is worthwhile.

I doubt it. Been going on for years and no signs of stopping yet.

and the thoughts transfer to this website, on..and off..and on..and off...and on..and off...but mostly it goes on and on.

Truest statement on this thread besides Philip pointing out that you are born when you are born and no one can change it. Including you AND me AND anyone else. Good grief.

And then people wonder WHY decadeology is dreaded here. I don't mind people comparing decades, but this went off the rails a long time ago. Come on, stop it. Enough. I will be glad to agree that you are any generation you like if you will just please quit. I surrender already.
The reason I care so much even though I shouldn't is because I have always seen people lump me into a cohort that I don't belong in.That is what I am trying to get through to people. Me being born in 1991 I shouldn't be lumped into the same cohort as those born in 1995, I always that my primary cohort of people were people born from 1989-1992. Also I have seen people associate my birthyear with generation z, now come I who spent most of my teens in the 2000s which is a pure Y decade would want to be in any way associated with the likes of generation Z? No I wouldn't, the fact is I am still part of generation y in other words a millenial. Just answering your question, not in any way trying to rile up this debate.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 01/27/15 at 2:28 pm

The reason I care so much even though I shouldn't is because I have always seen people lump me into a cohort that I don't belong in.That is what I am trying to get through to people. Me being born in 1991 I shouldn't be lumped into the same cohort as those born in 1995, I always that my primary cohort of people were people born from 1989-1992. Also I have seen people associate my birthyear with generation z, now come I who spent most of my teens in the 2000s which is a pure Y decade would want to be in any way associated with the likes of generation Z? No I wouldn't, the fact is I am still part of generation y in other words a millenial. Just answering your question, not in any way trying to rile up this debate.
I think these links would help you out. There were some people born in the early 90s in these threads and they were also tired of being lumped with late 90s babies.

http://personalitycafe.com/generation-y-forum/119712-anyone-else-1990er-hates.html

http://personalitycafe.com/generations/177479-being-born-beginning-decade.html

Written By: whistledog on 01/27/15 at 3:24 pm

If Generation Z = the sum of X over Y, then A + B over Z = X and Y / C x B.  But if you factor in Z + X = A + B, does the crap I just said make more sense than the crap you just said?

YES.

Written By: Henk on 01/27/15 at 4:14 pm

If Generation Z = the sum of X over Y, then A + B over Z = X and Y / C x B.  But if you factor in Z + X = A + B, does the crap I just said make more sense than the crap you just said?

YES.

I see flaw in your argument. Obviously, generation Z = the sum of all fears. ::)

Written By: Gdowe1991 on 01/27/15 at 5:14 pm

YES.
What???? How exactly is what I am saying crap. I most people will find what I say about me being generation y would agree. Any way I know you were obviously joking with that post.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/28/15 at 6:20 am

What???? How exactly is what I am saying crap. I most people will find what I say about me being generation y would agree. Ny the way I know you were obviously joking with that post.  ;D

well let's see... most people who have posted here would agree that you would stop talking about it and just go be what you want to be...

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/28/15 at 6:25 am

YES.
You have to remember that the square of the hypotenuse (the side opposite the right angle) is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/28/15 at 6:27 am

I see flaw in your argument. Obviously, generation Z = the sum of all fears. ::)
Was that Pythagoras or Euclid?

Written By: Henk on 01/28/15 at 9:56 am

Was that Pythagoras or Euclid?

Tom Clancy. ;)

Written By: Howard on 01/28/15 at 2:57 pm

well let's see... most people who have posted here would agree that you would stop talking about it and just go be what you want to be...

I agree.

Written By: Gdowe1991 on 02/01/15 at 6:55 pm

Yes I agree as well and that is why I have left the discussion and haven't been here in a few days. Anyway hopefully this will be the last time discussing this. I will just say that I think any body who turned 18 before the year 2012 is still purely generation Y without any Z characteristics pretty much. Well thats all I wanted to say.

Written By: snozberries on 02/02/15 at 2:22 am

Yes I agree as well and that is why I have left the discussion and haven't been here in a few days. Anyway hopefully  this will be the last time discussing this I will just say that I think any body who turned 18 before the year 2012 is still purely generation Y without any Z characteristics pretty much. Well thats all I wanted to say.

fixt

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/02/15 at 3:46 am

fixt

I was waiting for 'Godwin's law' to set in.

Check for new replies or respond here...