inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Facebook suffers widespread outage

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/27/15 at 2:04 am

Social networking site Facebook suffered from a widespread outage on Tuesday, before coming back online.

Millions of users were unable to access their accounts.

Users in some countries also had difficulties accessing photo-sharing app Instagram.

Facebook in the UK and Ireland said it was "aware that many people are currently having trouble accessing Facebook and Instagram".

"We're working to get things back to normal as quickly as possible," a spokeswoman said.

An Instagram spokesman posted on Twitter: "We're aware of an outage affecting Instagram and are working on a fix. Thank you for your patience."

The sites appear to have been unavailable for about 40 minutes before coming back online.

A hacker group called 'Lizard Squad' claimed responsibility for the outage, according to the BBC's technology correspondent, Rory Cellan-Jones.

The group claimed to have attacked the website for Malaysia Airlines on Monday.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-30996928

Subject: Re: Facebook suffers widespread outage

Written By: snozberries on 01/27/15 at 8:02 am

that was so frustrating! I was in the middle a couple of conversations with friends when it happened

Subject: Re: Facebook suffers widespread outage

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/27/15 at 8:17 pm

I missed it all, it may had been when I was asleep.

Check for new replies or respond here...