inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Grammy glory for singer Sam Smith

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/09/15 at 2:10 am

British soul singer Sam Smith wins four Grammy Awards in the US, including the prestigious prizes for record and song of the year and best new artist.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-31164562

Subject: Re: Grammy glory for singer Sam Smith

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/09/15 at 5:47 am

Shoot I missed the show.

I heard Sam did a duet with Mary K. Blige.  How did it sound? ???

Written By: whistledog on 02/09/15 at 6:02 am

My favourite part was when he thanked Jeff Lynne and Tom Petty for co-writing that song.  Oh wait, that didn't happen.  I still really like that song though.  The Mary J. performance was great!

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/09/15 at 6:35 am

Shoot I missed the show.

I heard Sam did a duet with Mary K. Blige.  How did it sound? ???
It should be on over here, but cannot locate channel.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/10/15 at 5:17 am

Sam Smith's Grammy victory was seen by 25.3 million people in the US, the ceremony's smallest audience since 2009.

Written By: nally on 02/10/15 at 10:44 am

British soul singer Sam Smith wins four Grammy Awards in the US, including the prestigious prizes for record and song of the year and best new artist.

Good for him! :) Can't say I knew much about the guy beforehand, however.

Written By: Howard on 02/10/15 at 2:45 pm

I know a few of his hits.

Written By: tv on 02/14/15 at 5:04 pm

I heard snippets of the song at least it doesn't sound bland like the rest of todays music.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/14/15 at 10:49 pm

I heard snippets of the song at least it doesn't sound bland like the rest of todays music.
Sam Smith has brought a welcome change to the current pop music industry.

Written By: Howard on 02/15/15 at 2:28 pm

Sam Smith has brought a welcome change to the current pop music industry.

His voice sounds so soulful.

Written By: ArcticFox on 02/19/15 at 8:07 am

I never really cared for him. My mom and brother like him, but I think his voice sounds so grating. He sounds like he has a frog in his throat and he can't pronounce words properly. Ed Sheeran is much better.

Also, I don't know the whole story but, he said he made the album about a guy who "broke his heart." I'm guessing in reality he's just being a jerk and was pursuing a relationship with a guy who had absolutely zero interest in him and didn't reciprocate the same feelings. People tend to victimize themselves when something bad happens to them. Especially young people. I want to hear the other guy's side of the story.

Written By: Broken Diamonds on 03/07/15 at 7:12 am

I'm so happy for him, like seriously, really happy :)

Written By: 80sfan on 03/07/15 at 7:36 am

I never really cared for him. My mom and brother like him, but I think his voice sounds so grating. He sounds like he has a frog in his throat and he can't pronounce words properly. Ed Sheeran is much better.

Also, I don't know the whole story but, he said he made the album about a guy who "broke his heart." I'm guessing in reality he's just being a jerk and was pursuing a relationship with a guy who had absolutely zero interest in him and didn't reciprocate the same feelings. People tend to victimize themselves when something bad happens to them. Especially young people. I want to hear the other guy's side of the story.

I like him but I do agree with you about people playing victim in human interactions a lot of the time.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/07/15 at 11:45 am

Once I heard he was singing about some other dude, I had no interest in the song.

Written By: whistledog on 03/07/15 at 7:18 pm

Once I heard he was singing about some other dude, I had no interest in the song.

You are against gays?

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/07/15 at 7:38 pm

You are against gays?

I'm not into songs of dudes singing about dudes

Check for new replies or respond here...