inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Did pop culture just skip a generation?

Written By: ArcticFox on 02/15/15 at 12:37 pm

In every decade for popular culture, the target audience is always those who were born in the decade twice prior. In the '70s, it was aimed at '50 babies; in the '80s, it was aimed at '60s babies; in the '90s, it was aimed at '70s babies; and in the '00s, it was aimed at '80s babies. That means, the 2010s should be aimed at '90s borns.

However, this is not the case. If you look at mainstream music, the songs are so juvenile and immature that they're aimed at people born in the '00s. If you look at Television, all of the good shows that actually last more than six episodes are aimed at people over 25. The movies are aimed at people of all ages and therefore they don't focus on one demographic. The only part of pop culture that I really feel acknowledges my generation is fashion, and I feel like most of my peers don't care about that.

Pop culture has either gone too young, or too old. It's like the people who control this stuff are purposely avoiding people born in the '90s. They refuse to connect with us. They ignore us. They don't care about us. I don't know what it is, but they obviously don't want to tailor entertainment to us. This is why I go back to previous generations to get my fix. I like the '70s and the '90s the most because they best represent my tastes. '80s and '00s are good too, but they're too escapist and lack in relatable content, especially the '80s. With '00s, it was enjoyable, but I have a hard time relating to any songs and touching, moving songs are rare. It just isn't "my" music.

2010s doesn't have anything at all. It is so shallow and insincerely happy that it isn't feel-good or escapist. It certainly doesn't qualify for relatable or meaningful. It's aimed at tweens, not people my age (and I'm 19!). Why can't we have our time to shine? Why can't our demands be met? Every other generation got a chance to define themselves and prove themselves, so why can't we? It's our turn, but they're cheating us out of it!

Subject: Re: Did pop culture just skip a generation?

Written By: bchris02 on 02/15/15 at 1:02 pm

I think '10s pop culture is targeted primarily to the 90s borns.  However, every decade has their teenybopper stuff.  The late '90s had the boy bands which were targeted primarily to people born from 1984-1992.  There is plenty right now though primarily targeted towards those born in the '90s or even late '80s.  It just isn't 1D and 5SOS.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/15/15 at 1:11 pm

I agree, the 2010's are a void. A complete suck-o-rama.  8-P

Written By: bchris02 on 02/15/15 at 1:23 pm

I agree, the 2010's are a void. A complete suck-o-rama.  8-P

I am sure in the '20s, there will be people on this board reminiscing about the '10s and how much better they were than the '20s.  If I am not mistaking, if you want to go back to the oldest posts on this site, there were people in the late '90s talking about how the '90s had no soul.  Today its a beloved decade.

Written By: Arrowstone on 02/15/15 at 2:27 pm

I don't know; I don't feel like they missed my generation ('92); mid-00s and late 00s;
emo rock; indie rock (UK style, Arctic Monkeys/The Kooks etc. were BIGG in 2006/7); whatever guitarish;
Black Eyed Peas, Mika, P!nk, until rock seemed dead and then Katy Perry came and Ke$ha together with all
the electronic dance music (which was never really gone in Europe, but well) and then I didn't like it anymore,
except for chill songs without much screaming (Adele etc.).
Though I think the state of alternative is pretty good today for twentysomethings (like Arcade Fire and alt-J; though you have to like it).

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 02/15/15 at 2:35 pm

This is definitely something that I've noticed so far in this decade. Though bchris02 is certainly right that every decade has had it's share of music aimed at the teenybopper crowd (NKOTB in the '80s, Hanson in the '90s, Hannah Montana in the '00s, for example) it seems like the '10s are the first decade where the dominant pop culture has been primarily driven by middle and high schoolers. Perhaps this is due mainly to the fact that YouTube, a site where the average user seems to be about thirteen, has become the cultural arbiter these days?

Also, I would have to think that the general decline of rock music (a genre that generally appealed evenly to twentysomethings and teens in past decades) has played a major role in people beyond high school age feeling somewhat alienated from what's popular on the music front right now.

Written By: ArcticFox on 02/15/15 at 5:45 pm

This is definitely something that I've noticed so far in this decade. Though bchris02 is certainly right that every decade has had it's share of music aimed at the teenybopper crowd (NKOTB in the '80s, Hanson in the '90s, Hannah Montana in the '00s, for example) it seems like the '10s are the first decade where the dominant pop culture has been primarily driven by middle and high schoolers. Perhaps this is due mainly to the fact that YouTube, a site where the average user seems to be about thirteen, has become the cultural arbiter these days?

Also, I would have to think that the general decline of rock music (a genre that generally appealed evenly to twentysomethings and teens in past decades) has played a major role in people beyond high school age feeling somewhat alienated from what's popular on the music front right now.

There's also nothing for young adults on television these days. It's either Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon (on the kid's front) or Fox and ABC (on the adult's front). Nobody makes anything for us youth on the television side. I think producers don't care about us. They probably think we people born in the '90s are babies and can't accept the fact that we're growing up.

Written By: tv on 02/15/15 at 8:43 pm

In every decade for popular culture, the target audience is always those who were born in the decade twice prior. In the '70s, it was aimed at '50 babies; in the '80s, it was aimed at '60s babies; in the '90s, it was aimed at '70s babies; and in the '00s, it was aimed at '80s babies. That means, the 2010s should be aimed at '90s borns.

However, this is not the case. If you look at mainstream music, the songs are so juvenile and immature that they're aimed at people born in the '00s. If you look at Television, all of the good shows that actually last more than six episodes are aimed at people over 25. The movies are aimed at people of all ages and therefore they don't focus on one demographic. The only part of pop culture that I really feel acknowledges my generation is fashion, and I feel like most of my peers don't care about that.

Pop culture has either gone too young, or too old. It's like the people who control this stuff are purposely avoiding people born in the '90s. They refuse to connect with us. They ignore us. They don't care about us. I don't know what it is, but they obviously don't want to tailor entertainment to us. This is why I go back to previous generations to get my fix. I like the '70s and the '90s the most because they best represent my tastes. '80s and '00s are good too, but they're too escapist and lack in relatable content, especially the '80s. With '00s, it was enjoyable, but I have a hard time relating to any songs and touching, moving songs are rare. It just isn't "my" music.

2010s doesn't have anything at all. It is so shallow and insincerely happy that it isn't feel-good or escapist. It certainly doesn't qualify for relatable or meaningful. It's aimed at tweens, not people my age (and I'm 19!). Why can't we have our time to shine? Why can't our demands be met? Every other generation got a chance to define themselves and prove themselves, so why can't we? It's our turn, but they're cheating us out of it!
Well a freshman going to High School this year would have been born in 2000 so that makes sense that they would be into todays music. I listened to music in 1994-1995 in my freshman year of HS and I was born in real late 1979 so this makes sense. At the same time though people in their 40's age wise in the mid 90's had artists like Mariah Carey, Toni Braxton, and Babyface. Your generation doesn't have anything like that around now(maybe Sam Smith.) I was into Top 40(alternative, Euro-Dance and Lilith Fair type music) that was what Top 40 played in 1994-1995. My Mom didn't know what to make of the rock music at the time. Of course she was never really a rock fan to begin with.

Written By: winteriscoming on 02/15/15 at 10:01 pm

I've also noticed there aren't a lot of famous people born in 1990 or 1991. Pretty much all of the Disney/Nick stars for example were born either between 1984-89 or in 1992-93.

Written By: winteriscoming on 02/15/15 at 10:14 pm

I agree with you though. This decade isn't very friendly towards "emerging adults", ie people from say 15 to 24 years of age. Very few teen comedies have come out in this decade for one thing and the ones that have don't have broad appeal. Perks of Being a Wallflower is a great example.

Written By: 80sfan on 02/15/15 at 10:44 pm

Well a freshman going to High School this year would have been born in 2000 so that makes sense that they would be into todays music. I listened to music in 1994-1995 in my freshman year of HS and I was born in real late 1979 so this makes sense. At the same time though people in their 40's age wise in the mid 90's had artists like Mariah Carey, Toni Braxton, and Babyface. Your generation doesn't have anything like that around now(maybe Sam Smith.) I was into Top 40(alternative, Euro-Dance and Lilith Fair type music) that was what Top 40 played in 1994-1995. My Mom didn't know what to make of the rock music at the time. Of course she was never really a rock fan to begin with.

I'm sure a lot of teenagers liked Mariah Carey too. I'd say after Glitter she was no longer popular with the teens.

Written By: ArcticFox on 02/15/15 at 11:38 pm

It's so frustrating. What's going on? Do producers of pop culture still think we '90s borns are babies? Do they find it so hard to believe the '90s were that long ago? I feel so undefined. I want future generations to think "Wow, they had an awesome culture!", but it certainly isn't awesome right now. They think we don't exist. I know we have five whole years left for the 2010s to be defined, as the 2010s are rightfully "My Decade", but I feel robbed of my chance. Seriously, they have some big untapped potential in the young adult demographic that they pretty much ignore. They just have to try.

I'm pretty pessimistic about the future though. It would be so embarrassing if my kids asked "What did your generation do for music?", and I won't have answer if things keep going the way they are now. We need a change, but what are we gonna do, an Electropop Demolition Night?

Written By: XYkid on 02/16/15 at 1:41 am

there's still rock music, it's just more underground and mostly played on alternative stations. 99.9 The Rock of Seattle play a lot of current rock bands that you don't hear on mainstream radio.

Written By: sporty on 02/16/15 at 4:14 am

OP, I agree with you but bare in mind that:

- Lots of people out of high school couldn't care less about music. In high school music defines you, it is your life. Before and after that it's just something that plays in the background. I am surrounded by people born from 1986 to 1994 and I know for sure that to them music is just something that plays when they go to the disco or when doing something else. Active listening to music is no longer in with them.
- Music is only a part of culture. There are many more aspects such as fashion, tech, current events, cars, etc. I care more about smart phones than music. I only listen to new music on the radio in my office. I don't research music because I have other interests. Besides I no longer can stand any of the music I was listening while growing up and into my teens. Now I'm into chill out and reiki zen music. I do miss the 90's and early 2000s like 2001 and 2003 but I don't miss any of the music we had back then (although I think it was better than mid 00's-present music).

Written By: Howard on 02/16/15 at 7:04 am

There's also nothing for young adults on television these days. It's either Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon (on the kid's front) or Fox and ABC (on the adult's front). Nobody makes anything for us youth on the television side. I think producers don't care about us. They probably think we people born in the '90s are babies and can't accept the fact that we're growing up.

I think it's the demographic that's grown up.

Subject: Re: Did pop culture just skip a generaton?

Written By: Arrowstone on 02/16/15 at 8:39 am

I don't care about tv anymore. I don't even own one.
If I watch programs it are documentaries I find interesting
or Simpsons or South Park or the news.
Then I have time left (if not spent on the internet)
to make music or to draw.
You don't need pop culture in order to enjoy yourself.

Written By: bchris02 on 02/16/15 at 1:31 pm

Pop music has always been oriented primarily from ages 13-24.  I would say the peak of Top 40s relevance in a young person's life is during their high school years, which freshmen this year were born in 2000. 

The one thing I will say is there isn't a lot out there targeted to older generations, but that isn't anything new.  The adult contemporary of the 90s went away in the early 2000s.  The closest thing to that today are artists like Sam Smith and Maroon 5.

Written By: ArcticFox on 02/16/15 at 8:47 pm

Pop music has always been oriented primarily from ages 13-24.  I would say the peak of Top 40s relevance in a young person's life is during their high school years, which freshmen this year were born in 2000. 

The one thing I will say is there isn't a lot out there targeted to older generations, but that isn't anything new.  The adult contemporary of the 90s went away in the early 2000s.  The closest thing to that today are artists like Sam Smith and Maroon 5.

But that first paragraph isn't always true, because you said you like the music that came out after your high school years. As a matter of fact, with almost every 25+ person I know, their favorite music was the stuff that was popular when they were 20 years of age, so I always considered 19-21 to be "peak target audience years". It's different for everyone I guess.

My sister is a mid '80s baby, and whenever she plays music (when she comes to visit us that is..), it's mostly mid 2000s music. She also likes '80s music and some current songs too. I feel in the decade after " Yours", you may not be the target audience anymore, but you're still young enough to be aware of what's "cool". Even if you don't like it, you're just aware of it.

For instance, my parents are '60s babies. My mom was born in '63, my dad in '66. They have quite a lot of '90s CDs, I was totally surprised. When I listen to "'90s On 9" on Sirius XM Radio on Dish Network, I'll ask them "Do you remember this song?" And they'll be like "Yep". So, that's all I have to say right now I guess..

Written By: bchris02 on 02/16/15 at 9:48 pm

But that first paragraph isn't always true, because you said you like the music that came out after your high school years. As a matter of fact, with almost every 25+ person I know, their favorite music was the stuff that was popular when they were 20 years of age, so I always considered 19-21 to be "peak target audience years". It's different for everyone I guess.

I am not disagreeing with you.  My favorite era of Top 40 was during my high school years and the same is true with most people I know.  I had a secondary peak in my early 20s, in 2008 and 2009.  I loved the music then every bit as much as I loved what was playing when I was in high school. In fact I didn't start to lose affection for Top 40 until the era of One Direction and Ariana Grande, which is when I was 27. The general target age of Top 40 is 13-24 so I was a few years past the target age.  For those 25+, most will gradually stop listening to it.  For me, I am now 29 and I still like some of the stuff that is getting played but each year I am finding myself liking less and less of it. 

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 02/16/15 at 11:09 pm

Is it me or I am the ONLY person who besides watching children's cartoons as a kid watched adult tv as well. With my grandfather usually I would always watch what was on CBS, FOX, NBC, or the cable networks. When I was a kid I would check out Seinfeld,NYPD Blue,Judging Amy, JAG, X Files,West Wing,CSI,Law and Order,Friends,That 70s Show,Simpsons

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 02/16/15 at 11:12 pm

And to be perfectly honest I think that era is kind of dead , :\'( it sucks but I have always was kind of a mature kid when I was growing up. Also 2000s backlash as well the last decade was a very teenage for us decade while this decade is pretty friggin mature compared to 10 Years ago.

Written By: Howard on 02/17/15 at 2:32 pm

Is it me or I am the ONLY person who besides watching children's cartoons as a kid watched adult tv as well.

I do watch Adult TV too.

Written By: KatanaChick on 02/18/15 at 2:19 am

We're in a weird cusp culture that's not completely Z but isn't Y anymore. The songs are what they think teens and pre-teens should like because most of the music doesn't have a mature vibe to it at all. TV shows are mostly things that would appeal to grown audiences in their upper 20's and beyond. 90's borns are in their mid 20's at the oldest and their experience of Y culture was when the 80's borns had it, only they were younger to really partake in the height of it. Millenials are the creators of current music now and you'd think they'd like to imitate what they grew up with and thought was good. My theory on why music is escapist is because catchy feel good songs take people's minds off more serious matters, of which there are plenty in the news every day.

Is it me or I am the ONLY person who besides watching children's cartoons as a kid watched adult tv as well. With my grandfather usually I would always watch what was on CBS, FOX, NBC, or the cable networks. When I was a kid I would check out Seinfeld,NYPD Blue,Judging Amy, JAG, X Files,West Wing,CSI,Law and Order,Friends,That 70s Show,Simpsons

Alot of kids aren't JUST entertained completely by cartoons. I was in elementary school and I'd watch family sitcoms and sometimes late night comedy.

I don't care about tv anymore. I don't even own one.
If I watch programs it are documentaries I find interesting
or Simpsons or South Park or the news.
Then I have time left (if not spent on the internet)
to make music or to draw.
You don't need pop culture in order to enjoy yourself.

Very true. It's nice to be aware of current things, but only you can decide if you like them. I don't watch TV much unless it's documentaries or history because everything is the same now. There are plenty of hobbies to be taken up that don't revolve around the latest media. I can read or draw to keep busy, or when it's warm, go outside. 

Written By: tv on 02/18/15 at 12:08 pm

I am not disagreeing with you.  My favorite era of Top 40 was during my high school years and the same is true with most people I know.  I had a secondary peak in my early 20s, in 2008 and 2009.  I loved the music then every bit as much as I loved what was playing when I was in high school. In fact I didn't start to lose affection for Top 40 until the era of One Direction and Ariana Grande, which is when I was 27. The general target age of Top 40 is 13-24 so I was a few years past the target age.  For those 25+, most will gradually stop listening to it.  For me, I am now 29 and I still like some of the stuff that is getting played but each year I am finding myself liking less and less of it.
That's around the same age I lost affection for music but that was in late 2007.

Written By: Howard on 02/18/15 at 2:50 pm

I don't watch TV much unless it's documentaries or history because everything is the same now

I don't watch much TV myself, nothing interests me as much as what I used to watch years ago.

Written By: Shemp97 on 02/18/15 at 8:03 pm

I actually feel pop culture is still pandering to 80s kids even now. One thing I disliked about the '00s was the apathy for the '90s. It was always '50s, 60's, '70s and '80s back then, but never '90s. And now, save for the internet, the '10s don't appear to have moved on.

Written By: bchris02 on 02/18/15 at 10:16 pm

I actually feel pop culture is still pandering to 80s kids even now. One thing I disliked about the '00s was the apathy for the '90s. It was always '50s, 60's, '70s and '80s back then, but never '90s. And now, save for the internet, the '10s don't appear to have moved on.

Not sure what you are talking about. '90s nostalgia is really big right now. Also, I don't think very many '80s-borns are listening to a lot of Ariana Grande. I could be wrong but that is my guess.

Written By: ArcticFox on 02/18/15 at 11:03 pm

Not sure what you are talking about. '90s nostalgia is really big right now. Also, I don't think very many '80s-borns are listening to a lot of Ariana Grande. I could be wrong but that is my guess.

'90s nostalgia is definitely in, but we haven't experienced a real revival yet. It's mostly just talk, but no action. It'll probably either happen this year, or next year, in 2016 when 1996 (the most quintessential year of the '90s) is 20 years old.

Written By: winteriscoming on 02/18/15 at 11:43 pm

I would say even most people born in the first half of the 90s wouldn't care for her music.

Written By: Howard on 02/19/15 at 3:51 pm

Also, I don't think very many '80s-borns are listening to a lot of Ariana Grande. I could be wrong but that is my guess.

I think 80's borns are listening to some 80's music.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 02/19/15 at 7:17 pm

I do watch Adult TV too.

That's cool Howard. I think what I meant to say was people more around my age range (19-24/25) that watch the adult television besides me. I've read and heard some statistics. They kind of scare me.... lol  >:(

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 02/21/15 at 11:03 pm

That's pretty much where I stand. The songs I find myself listening to the most frequently came out roughly between 1998 and 2005 (which were my middle school through high school years). I've tried to "stay current" and get into newer music in more recent years, but have found myself steadily losing interest since the late '00s.

The reason for this, I think, is not because I find today's music necessarily worse than what I listened to growing up (God knows the Y2K era had plenty of garbage), but rather because I've just sort of fallen into a comfort zone of listening to music that reminds me of being a kid.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/22/15 at 5:59 am

I do watch Adult TV too.

I don't watch the adult channels. You have to pay extra to get them from my cable company.

Written By: KatanaChick on 02/22/15 at 6:20 am

That's pretty much where I stand. The songs I find myself listening to the most frequently came out roughly between 1998 and 2005 (which were my middle school through high school years). I've tried to "stay current" and get into newer music in more recent years, but have found myself steadily losing interest since the late '00s.

The reason for this, I think, is not because I find today's music necessarily worse than what I listened to growing up (God knows the Y2K era had plenty of garbage), but rather because I've just sort of fallen into a comfort zone of listening to music that reminds me of being a kid.

I get what you mean about the comfort zone, but when it comes to my taste I know why I don't like alot of today's songs. Some are pretty catchy and I can tolerate, the rock music I even enjoy, but much of the pop and rap is soulless and the sound over doctored to make up for what it lacks. The late 2000s was downhill. Plenty of 2000s songs weren't up to par in my book either, but it sounded like the artists put a little more effort into them at least.

Written By: 97er on 02/22/15 at 11:46 am

Depends on what part of the 90s you were born in. I was born in late 97 and I think music is fine.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 02/22/15 at 2:20 pm

Depends on what part of the 90s you were born in. I was born in late 97 and I think music is fine.

It also depends on what type of music you listen to. I was born in 95 by the way. I think mainstream music is pretty damn terrible for the most part. I just want music to take a gritty and badass direction again!

Written By: Slim95 on 02/22/15 at 2:38 pm

I am sure in the '20s, there will be people on this board reminiscing about the '10s and how much better they were than the '20s.  If I am not mistaking, if you want to go back to the oldest posts on this site, there were people in the late '90s talking about how the '90s had no soul.  Today its a beloved decade.

Everyone always reminisces on the previous decade. For some reason I predict the 2010s will be as beloved as the 90s and people will reminisce and become super nostalgic about it much less so than the 2000s. I think this because you can tell this decade has character and it's own style. It has things that will look retro and make you look back and say " those were the good old days" Like the crazy viral videos we have now, cheesy terms like selfie, bright hipster clothing, the whole retro move going on. The economy has overall improved a lot since the late 00s too. So it's a pretty positive bright decade which I know can change because there are still 5 years left. But I predict the 2010s will be as missed and loved as the 80s were. 2000s may be missed soon as well but I don't think it will be missed on the same level as the 80s and 90s. I think 2000s nostalgia will come a lot later than usual.

Written By: bchris02 on 02/22/15 at 2:46 pm

2000s may be missed soon as well but I don't think it will be missed on the same level as the 80s and 90s. I think 2000s nostalgia will come a lot later than usual.

If people miss the '70s they will miss the '00s.

I don't see myself ever being nostalgic for the '10s but I can see why somebody in their teens or early twenties this decade may someday be.

Written By: Howard on 02/22/15 at 2:47 pm

I don't watch the adult channels. You have to pay extra to get them from my cable company.

not THAT Adult TV, I meant Adult Swim.

Written By: Slim95 on 02/22/15 at 2:48 pm

If people miss the '70s they will miss the '00s.

I don't see myself ever being nostalgic for the '10s but I can see why somebody in their teens or early twenties this decade may someday be.

I know they will. I'm just saying I don't think it will receive the same attention as the 90s. And I think people will miss the 10s. I may be wrong, but that's just my prediction. Of course it may not happen, I'm just predicting what I think will happen but nobody knows for sure lol.

Written By: ArcticFox on 02/22/15 at 4:36 pm

I agree with you though. This decade isn't very friendly towards "emerging adults", ie people from say 15 to 24 years of age. Very few teen comedies have come out in this decade for one thing and the ones that have don't have broad appeal. Perks of Being a Wallflower is a great example.

"Easy A" is the only good teen movie that actually had mass appeal. And Amanda Bynes was still normal and not crazy!

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/22/15 at 5:22 pm

not THAT Adult TV, I meant Adult Swim.

Oh, OK.  I was wondering there for a second.  ;D

Written By: tv on 03/01/15 at 11:35 pm

When I was a kid I watched TV with my family. The Shows we watched were "Family Ties", Night Court", and "Who's The Boss" in the 80's.

Written By: Howard on 03/02/15 at 1:25 pm

When I was a kid I watched TV with my family. The Shows we watched were "Family Ties", Night Court", and "Who's The Boss" in the 80's.

same here.

Written By: ArcticFox on 03/05/15 at 12:57 pm

Hey everyone! Here is an article on Billboard magazine explaining the changes of the late '90s. They say in the article that by 1997, top 40 was driven by adults, not teens. Which is interesting, and I hope mainstream music becomes mature and aims at adults again very, very soon. I'm tired of the teenybopper little kid music of the early 2010s. This was made in January 2000.

https://books.google.com/books?id=sA0EAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA112&lpg=PA112&dq=is+1996+late+90s&source=bl&ots=63ASdlXfp2&sig=D3bp71jaNEeFSzyOE4-uxAklfFk&hl=en&sa=X&ei=SaX4VMypKYWWgwTD0YHQAw&ved=0CE8Q6AEwBzgK#v=onepage&q=is%201996%20late%2090s&f=false

Written By: TheEarly90sGuy on 03/05/15 at 1:18 pm

To this very day, I love those shows.

Written By: Howard on 03/05/15 at 2:01 pm

I'm tired of the teenybopper little kid music of the early 2010s.

I don't blame you, I don't like it either.

Check for new replies or respond here...