inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Liza Minnelli

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/19/15 at 7:08 am

Liza Minnelli has been admitted to a drug and alcohol rehabilitation unit for treatment of substance abuse.

The Oscar-winning actress and singer is said to be making "excellent progress" at the undisclosed unit.

Minnelli, 69, has been open about her previous stints in rehab for alcohol.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31960013

Subject: Re: Liza Minnelli not keen to see Renee Zellweger portray mother Judy Garland

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/28/19 at 11:21 am

I just saw a guess viewing this, which reminded me of a snippet of news I heard recently when offline.

Even though Renee Zellweger’s performance in Judy is earning her many a plaudit, the daughter of Judy Garland, Liza Minnelli, just isn’t vibing it, apparently. According to TMZ, the superstar ‘most likely’ won’t see the film starring Renee, more so because she stays away from onscreen depictions of her mother. It’s nothing personal, though. The website said sources close to the musical star felt it had the potential to be ‘painful viewing’. The new film is set to follow the final year of Garland’s life – before she passed away at the age of 47 from an ‘accidental barbiturate overdose’ in 1969, so we can see why Liza, who was 23 when her mother passed away, might not want to live that moment. Liza has called Renee a ‘wonderful actress’ in the past, however sources claimed she ‘would find many of the scenes hurtful, and isn’t looking to tarnish her memories of her mother’.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/29/liza-minnelli-still-not-keen-see-renee-zellweger-portray-mother-judy-garland-10828770/?ito=cbshare

Subject: Re: Liza Minnelli

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/28/19 at 6:17 pm

She needs to see Dr. Drew. He could get her off the sauce.

Written By: nally on 10/28/19 at 6:22 pm

Liza Minnelli has been admitted to a drug and alcohol rehabilitation unit for treatment of substance abuse.

The Oscar-winning actress and singer is said to be making "excellent progress" at the undisclosed unit.

Minnelli, 69, has been open about her previous stints in rehab for alcohol.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31960013

Oh dear... :o :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/28/19 at 6:49 pm

Please explain who Dr. Drew is?

I still plan to see the movie, I feel that Renee Zellweger will win the Best Actress Oscar.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/28/19 at 7:03 pm

Please explain who Dr. Drew is?

I still plan to see the movie, I feel that Renee Zellweger will win the Best Actress Oscar.

Dr. Drew Pinsky is an American doctor who specializes in treating addictions of all sorts.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/29/19 at 3:36 am

Dr. Drew Pinsky is an American doctor who specializes in treating addictions of all sorts.
It is a shame he was not around to treat her mother?

Written By: Howard on 10/29/19 at 6:45 am

He should've been there to get her mother off the sauce.

Written By: Howard on 10/29/19 at 6:46 am

It is a shame he was not around to treat her mother?

She would've been attending rehab and still be alive today.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/29/19 at 6:52 am

He should've been there to get her mother off the sauce.
Slightly at a young age then in 1969, probably had not qualified then.

She would've been attending rehab and still be alive today.
Judy Garland would have been 97 this year, so I cannot say.

Check for new replies or respond here...