inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: One Direction going all directions

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/19/15 at 7:11 am

One Direction stars Zayn Malik and Louis Tomlinson face losing more than £3000 each if they are caught using, or promoting, illegal drugs in Manila.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31961269

Subject: Re: One Direction duo face drug penalty

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/19/15 at 12:25 pm

The singer leaves One Direction's tour of Asia after being signed off by management with stress.

Written By: TheEarly90sGuy on 03/19/15 at 12:40 pm

One Direction stars Zayn Malik and Louis Tomlinson face losing more than £3000 each if they are caught using, or promoting, illegal drugs in Manila.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31961269

They should have looked up to The New Kids.  :)

http://naturesjoyny.com/wp-content/uploads/042111MSMO12.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/19/15 at 12:41 pm

They should have looked up to The New Kids.  :)

http://naturesjoyny.com/wp-content/uploads/042111MSMO12.jpg
During the eighties it was "Just say no!"

Written By: TheEarly90sGuy on 03/19/15 at 12:49 pm

During the eighties it was "Just say no!"

In 1991, it was "Crack Kills", "No hope with dope" and "Resist drugs and violence":

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0204/0666/products/bart_simpson_crack_kills_4_1024x1024.JPG?v=1396556610

https://sarahmarieh.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/saved-by-the-bells-no-hope-with-dope-600x480.jpg

https://elisgaragesale.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/dare-1.jpg

Written By: Howard on 03/19/15 at 1:41 pm

↑ They were trying to get the message out to more kids.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/19/15 at 1:43 pm

One direction are now heading in the wrong direction!

Written By: TheEarly90sGuy on 03/19/15 at 3:10 pm

There were an awful lot of crackheads dancing for money at night, back then.

Subject: Re: Zayn Malik

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/25/15 at 12:24 pm

Zayn Malik has quit One Direction, the band have confirmed in a statement.

Malik said: "My life with One Direction has been more than I could ever have imagined. But, after five years, I feel like it is now the right time for me to leave the band.

"I'd like to apologise to the fans if I've let anyone down, but I have to do what feels right."

One Direction will continue their world tour as a four piece and record a fifth album later this year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/32057401

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/25/15 at 12:29 pm

Sounds like he got kicked out.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/25/15 at 12:34 pm

Sounds like he got kicked out.
Bringing the group down?

Written By: Howard on 03/25/15 at 2:36 pm

I guess they're going to have to go in another direction.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/25/15 at 2:45 pm

I guess they're going to have to go in another direction.
A split direction.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/25/15 at 3:51 pm

IDGAS!!!

Written By: apollonia1986 on 03/25/15 at 4:35 pm

I saw all these tributes rolling around my tumblr dash--I don't even follow 1D, but I got caught int he backdraft because many people I follow DO--and it took me half an hour to find out that the boy WASN'T DEAD.
Because there was literally a picture of these white kids lighting candles and putting roses around a shrine with his pictures and I was like,  :( "Awww, the poor kid died..." and then I foudn out he left the group, I was like  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/26/15 at 2:48 am

IDGAS!!!
?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/26/15 at 5:19 am

Simon Cowell, who discovered the boyband on talent show The X Factor, said: "I would like to say thank you to Zayn for everything he has done for One Direction.

Written By: whistledog on 03/26/15 at 8:42 am

Zayn is engaged to Perrie Edwards from Little Mix.  I know this because I love Little Mix.  They both said in an interview that their schedules are too hectic to plan a wedding now, so I bet he quit so he can finally settle down with her

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/26/15 at 8:47 am

Zayn is engaged to Perrie Edwards from Little Mix.  I know this because I love Little Mix.  They both said in an interview that their schedules are too hectic to plan a wedding now, so I bet he quit so he can finally settle down with her
...and Little Mix has been compared to Yoko Onto breaking up The Beatles.

Written By: whistledog on 03/26/15 at 8:57 am

...and Little Mix has been compared to Yoko Onto breaking up The Beatles.

That's too bad.  It's not her doing.  Zayn made up his own mind.  Boy bands can still exist without original members ...

Boyzone went on without Stephen Gately
Westlife went on after Brian McFadden quit
The Backstreet Boys went on after Kevin Richardson quit

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/26/15 at 8:59 am

That's too bad.  It's not her doing.  Zayn made up his own mind.  Boy bands can still exist without original members ...

Boyzone went on without Stephen Gately
Westlife went on after Brian McFadden quit
The Backstreet Boys went on after Kevin Richardson quit
Take That performed with Robbie William.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/26/15 at 9:35 am

IDGAS!!!
1D Going Astray Suddenly ?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/26/15 at 10:53 am

Harry Styles broke down in tears as One Direction took to the stage without Zayn Malik

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/32062714

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/26/15 at 1:27 pm

?

I
Don't
Give
A
Sh!t

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/26/15 at 1:28 pm

I
Don't
Give
A
Sh!t
Thanks!

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/26/15 at 1:29 pm

IDGAS!!!
In Doubt, Get Another Singer ?

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 03/26/15 at 2:10 pm

In Doubt, Get Another Singer ?

That's another way of putting it.  LOL!

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/26/15 at 4:19 pm

What does that mean?  ???
Read above!

Written By: Redhairkid on 03/26/15 at 5:10 pm

IDGAS is exactly how I feel.

One Direction? Come ON! Not exactly The Hollies are they?

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/29/15 at 5:28 pm

One Direction have performed for the first time since Zayn Malik announced he'd left the band. The group played the Soccer City stadium in the South African city of Johannesburg. At the start of the gig, Harry Styles told the crowd: "You have no idea how much we love you right now."

Written By: Redhairkid on 03/29/15 at 7:26 pm

Just empty talk. They no more give a flying one about their fans than fly to the Sun.

Written By: karen on 03/31/15 at 3:01 am

I noticed Primark have reduced the price of their 1D t-shirts.  Not by a fifth though!

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/31/15 at 3:05 am

I noticed Primark have reduced the price of their 1D t-shirts.  Not by a fifth though!
Poundland are selling 1D products at 50p. That is 50 %.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/31/15 at 3:21 am

LATEST:

Less than a week after he confirmed he was quitting the biggest boy band in the world, a song featuring Zayn Malik without the rest of One Direction has been released online. Producer Naughty Boy tweeted a link to the track along with the words "let the music do the talking". One Direction's Louis Tomlinson accused him of being "inconsiderate" to fans after he retweeted a video about Malik. The pair argued on Twitter hours before the demo was made public.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/17/15 at 8:00 am

Zayn Malik is to make his first public appearance since quitting as one fifth of One Direction.

He is down to attend the annual Asian Awards in London tonight, where music producer Naughty Boy is also expected to walk the red carpet.

It's rumoured there will be an announcement about Malik's solo music after the pair recorded in a studio together and a song was briefly uploaded to Soundcloud.

Subject: Re: One Direction going all directions

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/26/15 at 1:28 am

Harry Styles had been preparing to leave One Direction and go solo ahead of Zayn Malik’s shock exit last month, singer Lance Bass has claimed.

Speaking on a US chat show, the former NSync star said that the 21-year-old has been putting together solo material ‘for months’ in preparation for his departure.

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/harry-styles-has-been-planning-to-quit-one-direction-for-months-claims-lance-bass-10202029.html

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 04/27/15 at 6:37 pm

Harry Styles had been preparing to leave One Direction and go solo ahead of Zayn Malik’s shock exit last month, singer Lance Bass has claimed.

Speaking on a US chat show, the former NSync star said that the 21-year-old has been putting together solo material ‘for months’ in preparation for his departure.

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/harry-styles-has-been-planning-to-quit-one-direction-for-months-claims-lance-bass-10202029.html

Oh boy.  The Standard doesn't seem to know who Harry Stiles is?  ::) ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/16/15 at 4:23 am

One Direction have insisted there are "no hard feelings" between the band and Zayn Malik, despite a recent Twitter row between Malik and Louis Tomlinson.

The foursome made their first TV appearance since Malik quit the group on US talk show The Late Late Show with James Corden.

Speaking about their Twitter altercation last month, Tomlinson said the pair had cleared the air.

"There was a bit of back and forth... we're on good terms now," he said. "I've never been very good at biting my tongue, I think I get it off my mum."

Liam Payne said the band had recovered from their initial "disappointment" at Malik's departure.

"We were angry at first, but then just more disappointed," he said.

"But we wish him the best of luck with whatever he gets up to. There are no hard feelings."

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/06/15 at 9:34 am

One Direction made no reference to rumours of a break or even a split, in their first UK gig without Zayn Malik.

The band performed at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium, as reports claimed they would soon be 'taking a breather', something denied by their publicist.

Instead the group said it was "good to be back" as they started the European leg of their On The Road Again Tour.

As expected, the band didn't comment on Zayn Malik's departure.

It was their first performance in Britain since he quit the band in March.

On stage, Harry told the crowd of fans he was "excited" to be working on a fifth album, calling it "incredible" they were ever given the chance to even make one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/33034054/one-direction-play-first-uk-gig-without-zayn-malik

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/30/15 at 2:00 am

Zayn Malik signs solo record deal with RCA after quitting One Direction.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/33714017/zayn-malik-signs-solo-record-deal-with-rca-after-quitting-one-direction

Written By: Redhairkid on 07/31/15 at 5:42 am

One Direction made no reference to rumours of a break or even a split, in their first UK gig without Zayn Malik.

The band performed at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium, as reports claimed they would soon be 'taking a breather', something denied by their publicist.

Instead the group said it was "good to be back" as they started the European leg of their On The Road Again Tour.

As expected, the band didn't comment on Zayn Malik's departure.

It was their first performance in Britain since he quit the band in March.

On stage, Harry told the crowd of fans he was "excited" to be working on a fifth album, calling it "incredible" they were ever given the chance to even make one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/33034054/one-direction-play-first-uk-gig-without-zayn-malik

I, too, find it incredible that they were given the chance to cut even one. They really are crap.

Abba, Hollies and Beatles forever!

Written By: whistledog on 08/01/15 at 2:23 pm

I actually don't mind OneDirection.  People only rip on them because it's what is normally done:  Find a boy band that is popular and find some way to take jabs at them and make fun of their music.  I hear songs like 'What Makes You Beautiful' or 'The Story of My Life' or 'Steal My Girl' on the radio and all I hear is a catchy song.  That's what music is all about:  Something that is fun and catchy. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/03/15 at 12:28 pm

One Direction heading to number one

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33764481

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/07/15 at 1:34 pm

One Direction have topped the UK singles chart with their new single Drag Me Down.

The track broke streaming records, earning the highest first-week streams for a single in the UK with 2.03m plays.

Indie band The Maccabees have scored their first number one album with Marks To Prove It, just 1,300 copies ahead of Lianne La Havas' Blood.

Cilla Black entered the album top 40 chart following her death last weekend.

The Very Best of Cilla Black reached its highest ever chart position at number 14, while her former number one single Anyone Who Had A Heart also entered the singles chart at number 41, securing its highest chart position in 51 years.

Drag Me Down is One Direction's first single as a foursome since the departure of Zayn Malik.

Written By: whistledog on 08/08/15 at 7:22 pm

They knocked Little Mix off the top?  That's not cool, but expected I suppose

Subject: Re: Harry Styles goes in one direction of down!

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/23/15 at 10:19 am

Reports are coming that Harry Styles took a tumble on stage last night.

Any videos?

Subject: Re: One Direction going in four directions

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/24/15 at 4:08 am

One Direction are going to take their first break next year since getting together on The X Factor in 2010. According to a report in The Sun, the group are going their separate ways in March after the release of their fifth studio album. Apparently Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson and Niall Horan want to concentrate on solo projects, although there's been no confirmation yet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/34037397/one-direction-to-take-a-break-in-2016-after-release-of-fifth-album

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/22/15 at 4:39 am

One Direction will play one of their smallest gigs tonight - when they take to the stage for the Apple Music Festival.

The group will perform at the Roundhouse in Camden with special guests Little Mix. Fans will no doubt know Perrie Edwards from the girlband split with former One Direction member Zayn Malik in August.

The Roundhouse should feel a little more intimate for 1D compared to their usual stadium experiences, with a capacity of just 1,700. Their next gig is at the O2 Arena, also in London, which has a capacity of 20,000.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/29/16 at 6:00 am

Ten months after quitting One Direction, Zayn Malik has released his first solo single.

As the title suggests, Pillowtalk is a sensual, seductive ballad that recalls Marvin Gaye's Sexual Healing.

"We'll stay in bed all day," purrs the 23-year-old over a drowsy R&B groove. Maybe he has the flu.

The video stars Malik's current girlfriend, supermodel Gigi Hadid. It's a little bit too saucy.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/06/16 at 7:29 am

Zayn Malik's debut single, Pillowtalk, has gone straight to the top of the UK singles charts.

The former One Direction singer notched up combined sales of 112,000, including 4.97 million streams.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/26/16 at 7:21 am

Hot on the heels of his number one hit Pillowtalk, Zayn Malik has released the video for his new song, the typographically awkward iT's YoU. 

Subject: Zayn Malik has topped the UK album chart

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/02/16 at 5:22 am

Zayn Malik has topped the UK album chart with his debut solo album. Mind of Mine knocked Adele's 25 from the top spot, with just over 4,000 more sales. The former One Direction singer told the Offcial Charts Company it was "mind blowing".

Written By: Redhairkid on 04/03/16 at 12:25 pm

He only got it because of who he is, not through genuine talent. Not exactly Lionel Richie is he?

And Gigi Hadid is not a supermodel. She's just a model.

Check for new replies or respond here...