inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The X-Files to be brought back to TV!

Written By: 90s Guy on 03/22/15 at 3:49 pm

http://comicbook.com/2015/03/21/the-x-files-revival-closer-than-ever/

"The X-Files revival is inching ever so closer to an official green light from Fox, according to sources for TV Wise.

In January, Fox revealed that they have had conversations about bringing back The X-Files. Not much was known at that time, but Fox did say they were planning on bringing back creator Chris Carter and the show's stars David Duchovny and Gillain Anderson. Since then, Duchovny and Anderson have both expressed interest in reprising their roles as Agents Mulder and Scully.

TV Wise is reporting that Fox is planning to order a shortened season of The X-Files - less than 10 episodes. Which is similar to what the network did with Keifer Sutherland's 24, however, it had 12 episodes. The Daily Mail claims that it will be six episodes, but TV Wise says the number still hasn't be determined at t"his time.

TV Wise claims that the revival will clear up unresolved plot lines that the original series and the two films that followed never did. They add, Chris Carter will write the scripts and serve as the executive producer.

The reason for the short order? One of the main reasons is said to be scheduling.

The feeling was that it would be easier for the always in demand Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny to schedule a block of time to shoot the revival with a short order. The duo, who were always committed to doing more X-Files, have, sources say, agreed to reprise their roles. It is understood than an offer has also gone out to Mitch Pileggi. Other key cast members will also return.
The X-Files ran on Fox from 1993-2002 and earned 21 Emmy nominations."

Subject: Re: The X-Files to be brought back to TV!

Written By: 80sfan on 03/23/15 at 1:11 pm

It's 90s nostalgia all over again.  ::)

Written By: ArcticFox on 03/23/15 at 1:41 pm

And what's wrong with that? It's a good show.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/23/15 at 1:44 pm

http://comicbook.com/2015/03/21/the-x-files-revival-closer-than-ever/

"The X-Files revival is inching ever so closer to an official green light from Fox, according to sources for TV Wise.

In January, Fox revealed that they have had conversations about bringing back The X-Files. Not much was known at that time, but Fox did say they were planning on bringing back creator Chris Carter and the show's stars David Duchovny and Gillain Anderson. Since then, Duchovny and Anderson have both expressed interest in reprising their roles as Agents Mulder and Scully.

TV Wise is reporting that Fox is planning to order a shortened season of The X-Files - less than 10 episodes. Which is similar to what the network did with Keifer Sutherland's 24, however, it had 12 episodes. The Daily Mail claims that it will be six episodes, but TV Wise says the number still hasn't be determined at t"his time.

TV Wise claims that the revival will clear up unresolved plot lines that the original series and the two films that followed never did. They add, Chris Carter will write the scripts and serve as the executive producer.

The reason for the short order? One of the main reasons is said to be scheduling.

The feeling was that it would be easier for the always in demand Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny to schedule a block of time to shoot the revival with a short order. The duo, who were always committed to doing more X-Files, have, sources say, agreed to reprise their roles. It is understood than an offer has also gone out to Mitch Pileggi. Other key cast members will also return.
The X-Files ran on Fox from 1993-2002 and earned 21 Emmy nominations."
Probably the storylines will be brought up to date?

Written By: 80sfan on 03/23/15 at 2:11 pm

And what's wrong with that? It's a good show.

They keep re-making everything, it's annoying. Doesn't necessarily mean it'll be as good as the original series. Hopefully it will though.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/23/15 at 2:13 pm

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyILOvAfdbFZyzdyWK5sify1EYAW5HF2bdQwzpijxmdx2UMHu9

Written By: Howard on 03/23/15 at 2:31 pm

They keep re-making everything, it's annoying. Doesn't necessarily mean it'll be as good as the original series. Hopefully it will though.

I know, I agree that people are remaking films and television shows.

Written By: ArcticFox on 03/23/15 at 2:41 pm

Name things that have been remade. I don't see it that often. If anything, all I see are tv and movie adaptions of young adult novels.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/23/15 at 6:04 pm

I know, I agree that people are remaking films and television shows.

Some remakes are good, but a lot are bad.

Written By: TheEarly90sGuy on 03/23/15 at 6:17 pm

http://www.vox.com/2014/7/30/5950569/11-tv-shows-that-wouldnt-exist-without-twin-peaks-lost-x-files-sopranos-louie-gravity-falls  ::)

Written By: 90s Guy on 03/23/15 at 9:15 pm

http://www.vox.com/2014/7/30/5950569/11-tv-shows-that-wouldnt-exist-without-twin-peaks-lost-x-files-sopranos-louie-gravity-falls  ::)

"WHY CAN'T IT BE 1989 ANYMORE? OH RONNIEBEAR, HOW I MISS YOU! YOUR SAGGY OLDMAN TITS SAVED AMERICA FROM THE COMMIES!"

Written By: TheEarly90sGuy on 03/23/15 at 9:24 pm

"WHY CAN'T IT BE 1989 ANYMORE? OH RONNIEBEAR, HOW I MISS YOU! YOUR SAGGY OLDMAN TITS SAVED AMERICA FROM THE COMMIES!"

BUSH SENIOR WAS PRESIDENT FOR MOST OF 1989! HE STAYED IN OFFICE UNTIL JANUARY 20TH OF 1993!

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU JUST SAID THAT TO ME, THE EARLY 90s GUY! WHY DO YOU THINK THEY'RE CALLED "THE EARLY 90S"?!

Written By: 90s Guy on 03/23/15 at 10:02 pm

BUSH SENIOR WAS PRESIDENT FOR MOST OF 1989! HE STAYED IN OFFICE UNTIL JANUARY 20TH OF 1993!

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU JUST SAID THAT TO ME, THE EARLY 90s GUY! WHY DO YOU THINK THEY'RE CALLED "THE EARLY 90S"?!

There's a reason he wasn't re-elected.
And there's a reason Ronald Reagan was re-elected. It had nothing to do with it being Morning in America. More that Mondale sucked.

Written By: TheEarly90sGuy on 03/23/15 at 10:33 pm

There's a reason he wasn't re-elected.
And there's a reason Ronald Reagan was re-elected. It had nothing to do with it being Morning in America. More that Mondale sucked.

Fate wasn't too kind to Bush 1, was it? His misfortune did give us this:

http://www.digitalhumanities.org/dhq/vol/3/3/000051/resources/images/figure01.jpg ;D ;D ;D

Being Morning in America? Explain.

Written By: 90s Guy on 03/23/15 at 10:50 pm

Fate wasn't too kind to Bush 1, was it? His misfortune did give us this:

http://www.digitalhumanities.org/dhq/vol/3/3/000051/resources/images/figure01.jpg ;D ;D ;D

Being Morning in America? Explain.

If you're as old as you claim you are you'd remember that Reagan ran for re-election in 1984 with the slogan being that because of his Presidency it was "morning" again in America.

Written By: TheEarly90sGuy on 03/23/15 at 11:07 pm

If you're as old as you claim you are you'd remember that Reagan ran for re-election in 1984 with the slogan being that because of his Presidency it was "morning" again in America.

I was a seven years old at the time. Politics weren't on my radar.

I was buying many packs of these:

https://rottenink.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/topps-masters-of-the-universe-cards.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/26/15 at 5:46 am

Duchovny and Anderson have both expressed interest in reprising their roles as Agents Mulder and Scully.

Written By: ralfy on 07/01/15 at 11:47 am

"New Photos From 'The X-Files' Revival"

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/37582/new-photos-from-the-x-files-revival

Written By: bchris02 on 07/01/15 at 3:28 pm

I really liked the X-Files in its earlier seasons but it really went to the garbage chute during the later seasons.  I am going to hold my judgment on a revival but if its anything like the 24 revival last summer, I would say they are better off not bothering.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/13/15 at 7:51 am

The latter "X-Files" film was not received, so The X-files should be committed to television, where it was more successful on the small screen.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/13/15 at 12:32 pm

We've been having 90s nostalgia since 2009, and yet people the X Files to be revived for some reason. I'll be hopeful that it wouldn't last long, since it's not that big anymore as opposed from the 90s/early 2000s.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/23/16 at 5:30 pm

I can get almost every show they mention was probably inspired by Twin Peaks, but The Sopranos? Wasn't David Chase inspired by Goodfellas to create The Sopranos? Especially when they were 26 actors that shared a role from both The Sopranos and Goodfellas.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/23/16 at 5:35 pm

We've been having 90s nostalgia since 2009, and yet people the X Files to be revived for some reason. I'll be hopeful that it wouldn't last long, since it's not that big anymore as opposed from the 90s/early 2000s.

I just saw a trailer for it just yesterday!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/20/16 at 11:11 am

So, the early 90s were only around for HW Bush's presidency? What about '93 when it still had some 80s vibes?

Check for new replies or respond here...