inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What are "in" looks for men (clothes wise) in 2015?

Written By: 90s Guy on 04/09/15 at 10:22 pm

If a guy wanted to look like a sharp, fashionable (but not a fop or hipster!) dresser in 2015, what might he wear?

Subject: Re: What are "in" looks for men (clothes wise) in 2015?

Written By: ArcticFox on 04/10/15 at 1:04 am

Beware, you're going to get a lot of varied answers. Because a lot of people are going to go by what they like, even if it's not stylish, or they go by what they see in their place of residence, where the fashion may not be up to par or date.

Answering the question, individualism is very in, so people are going to dress by many styles. If you were to go by what's on the racks, there's so much that's being sold in stores that it's almost impossible to truly determine what's in style and what's not. Unfortunately, most of the good clothes are ignored or avoided, for various reasons (self-confidence issues, family opinions, friends' opinions, etc.).

Take note, there are good clothes out there, but unfortunately for Spring/Summer 2015 fashion collections, apparently designers and retailers think that all men dress like dads. The men's clothing at places like Old Navy and the Gap are very unflattering color- and pattern-wise. For my SS15 wardrobe, I had to buy clothing from the Boy's sections because they were cheaper, of better quality, and most importantly, more attractive in the colors and patterns. The boy's clothes are more stylish than the men's. Do you know how ridiculous that is?

American Eagle Outfitters is doing pretty poorly in this department as well (ugly clothes), but Target is alright. Also, hipsters are out of style (I don't see them around anymore), and I can't mention the following trends without portraying a guy as a fop or something. Oh well, here is the list.

American Men's Clothing Spring/Summer 2015:
Bright Plaid camp shirts
Birkenstocks (I LOVE to hate them!!)
Thin denim shirts
Mid-thigh swim trunks and shorts
Flip-flops (of course..)
Boat shoes
Chino shorts
Bright colored polos
Pastels (they're not bad, but I have a warm-colored skin tone and they'll make me look like a ghost!)
Leather sneakers (in the freaking summer WTF!?)
Cropped Pants
Joggers
Tank tops

American Boy's Clothing Spring/Summer 2015
Canvas sneakers (now that is more practical for hot weather)
Leather slides
Plushy flip-flops
Chambray shirts
Heathered colors
Cargo pants
Straight-Leg Chinos
Pastels (ugh)
Muted colors (at least they have the option)
Muscle shirts (less revealing and more comfortable than tank tops)

This is for American males, and this is just an oversimplified list of general trends right now. I'm not sure what is fashionable in Canada, South America, and mainland Europe. However, apparently the '70s are really cool in the UK right now. The guys are wearing bell-bottoms and shaggy hair!

http://www.fashionbeans.com/2015/mens-ss15-fashion-trend-1970s/

Overall, this isn't exactly stuff I'm thrilled about. I thought Autumn/Winter 2014 had better clothes.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/10/15 at 1:34 am

Steampunk attire.

Written By: KatanaChick on 04/10/15 at 7:16 am

Beware, you're going to get a lot of varied answers. Because a lot of people are going to go by what they like, even if it's not stylish, or they go by what they see in their place of residence, where the fashion may not be up to par or date.

Answering the question, individualism is very in, so people are going to dress by many styles. If you were to go by what's on the racks, there's so much that's being sold in stores that it's almost impossible to truly determine what's in style and what's not. Unfortunately, most of the good clothes are ignored or avoided, for various reasons (self-confidence issues, family opinions, friends' opinions, etc.).

Take note, there are good clothes out there, but unfortunately for Spring/Summer 2015 fashion collections, apparently designers and retailers think that all men dress like dads. The men's clothing at places like Old Navy and the Gap are very unflattering color- and pattern-wise. For my SS15 wardrobe, I had to buy clothing from the Boy's sections because they were cheaper, of better quality, and most importantly, more attractive in the colors and patterns. The boy's clothes are more stylish than the men's. Do you know how ridiculous that is?

American Eagle Outfitters is doing pretty poorly in this department as well (ugly clothes), but Target is alright. Also, hipsters are out of style (I don't see them around anymore), and I can't mention the following trends without portraying a guy as a fop or something.

Dad jeans are the worst! Almost as bad as Mom jeans!  8-P Always an unflattering fit and never in a nice wash or with good fading! Old Navy never gives up the bright colors, that's their thing. The Gap is expensive. AE is pretty good I'd say. The men's sweaters always look like they have the right fit that's not too loose and certainly not old man style! For hoodies the zip up kind I think are better, just don't go for the ones plastered in logos unless you don't mind them. I'm seeing baja hoodies again and stripes. Looking around different store websites leads me to believe comfortable fit jeans are in. Not too baggy, but not too tight. Relaxed fit or straight leg. That's AE again. H&M has some weird items like total elastic waist jean shorts with a pattern, drawstring jeans, and I see several pairs of jeggings that would look terrible on any guys who's not Emo.  :o Blues and greys seem to be what's mostly in stock from what I see. I think it just depends where you go and what you're looking for.

Check for new replies or respond here...