inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dead Or Alive Singer Pete Burns Declared Bankrupt

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/21/15 at 5:02 am

Pete Burns has been declared bankrupt.

The 55-year-old Dead Or Alive singer is believed to have spent all of his money on plastic surgery over the years.

Best known for his 1985 hit You Spin Me Round, Pete also made a memorable appearance on the 2006 series of Celebrity Big Brother before stepping back from the limelight.

Back in 2009, he won £450,000 in an out of court settlement after he fell victim to a botched lip surgery.

At the time, the singer claimed to have been left feeling ‘suicidal’ by the damaged caused to his lips and believed that significantly damaged his career.

His lawyer at the time said: “Pete's life and career have been severely affected as a result of this negligence.

“He required more than 18 months of corrective surgery in Italy to try to remove the product from his lips.

“Unfortunately, it is likely he will suffer further flare ups in the future for which he will require further treatment.

“However, Pete is relieved finally to be able to put this ordeal behind him at last. It has been an incredibly difficult time for him.”

Pete has yet to speak out about his financial affairs.

https://uk.celebrity.yahoo.com/gossip/omg/pete-burns-declared-bankrupt-after-spending-thousands-on-surgery-090801138.html

Subject: Re: Dead Or Alive Singer Pete Burns Declared Bankrupt

Written By: ArcticFox on 04/21/15 at 1:35 pm

Oh my gosh, look at him! He looks like a woman, yet says he's a man. He doesn't even intend to transition to female. He keeps his male name and clearly states that he is a man, when he made himself look like a woman.

I don't feel sorry for his financial situation. He could have easily stopped spending money on those procedures, but he kept doing it. He knew he would run out eventually. He is financially irresponsible.

Written By: Howard on 04/21/15 at 1:38 pm

http://estergoldberg.typepad.com/.a/6a0105349ca980970c0133f467d47f970b-500wi
He went from this ↑

to now this:
http://nowmagazine.media.ipcdigital.co.uk/11140/000025338/740f_orh480w360/Pete-Burns.jpg

Written By: Howard on 04/21/15 at 1:40 pm

Oh my gosh, look at him! He looks like a woman, yet says he's a man. He doesn't even intend to transition to female. He keeps his male name and clearly states that he is a man, when he made himself look like a woman.

I don't feel sorry for his financial situation. He could have easily stopped spending money on those procedures, but he kept doing it. He knew he would run out eventually. He is financially irresponsible.

I know, I agree, maybe if he stopped, he would transition back to "male".

Check for new replies or respond here...