inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dancing Dog wins Britain's Got Talent

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/01/15 at 8:23 am

Dog trainer Jules O'Dwyer and her dog Matisse have won Britain's Got Talent 2015.

It's the second time that a dog has managed to take the top spot in the competition after Ashleigh Butler and her dog Pudsey won the show in 2012.

"I can't believe that we've just won Britain's Got Talent," Jules told Newsbeat. "Super, amazing, amazing."

They will perform in this year's Royal Variety Performance and take home a cash prize of £250,000.

The final drew 13.4 million viewers on Sunday night, with the show becoming this year's highest rating programme on TV so far.

Subject: Re: Dancing Dog wins Britain's Got Talent

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/05/15 at 5:20 am

Complaints to Ofcom regarding the stunt double dog used in the Britain's Got Talent final have exceeded 1,000.

Jules O'Dwyer and her dog Matisse won the talent show on Sunday, but it was later revealed that another dog, Chase, performed the tightrope walk section.

A spokesman for Ofcom said it had been contacted by 1,043 disgruntled viewers by Thursday afternoon.

The broadcasting watchdog said the complaints would be assessed before it decided whether to investigate.

ITV said it had separately received 165 complaints about the show.

Both O'Dwyer and judge Simon Cowell have said there was no intention to deceive the audience.

Cowell said "no one set out to fool anybody" and blamed the "confusion" of a live show for the mix up.

Speaking on Thursday, he said: "I think now the dust has settled a bit we can accept that she won."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33020218

Written By: Howard on 06/05/15 at 7:33 am

Dog trainer Jules O'Dwyer and her dog Matisse have won Britain's Got Talent 2015.

It's the second time that a dog has managed to take the top spot in the competition after Ashleigh Butler and her dog Pudsey won the show in 2012.

"I can't believe that we've just won Britain's Got Talent," Jules told Newsbeat. "Super, amazing, amazing."

They will perform in this year's Royal Variety Performance and take home a cash prize of £250,000.

The final drew 13.4 million viewers on Sunday night, with the show becoming this year's highest rating programme on TV so far.

What will the dog win?

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/05/15 at 11:02 am

What will the dog win?

Written By: Howard on 06/05/15 at 2:38 pm

That could buy him a load of doggie treats. :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/05/15 at 2:53 pm

That could buy him a load of doggie treats. :o
That has been mentioned by the owner.

Written By: shadowcookie on 06/05/15 at 4:46 pm

The UK's obsession with dogs really pisses me off. It's cringe-worthy and pathetic. Someone with actual talent could have won and gone on to make something of themselves and instead a dog that will be dead in 5 years wins and will go on to achieve absolutely nothing.

To future talent shows - please ban all non-human animals from taking part.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/06/15 at 1:09 am

The UK's obsession with dogs really pisses me off. It's cringe-worthy and pathetic. Someone with actual talent could have won and gone on to make something of themselves and instead a dog that will be dead in 5 years wins and will go on to achieve absolutely nothing.

To future talent shows - please ban all non-human animals from taking part.
There should be a separate program of "Pets Got Talent".

Written By: Howard on 06/06/15 at 7:11 am

There should be a separate program of "Pets Got Talent".

In The U.S.?

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/06/15 at 7:36 am

In The U.S.?
Setting the example?

Written By: whistledog on 06/06/15 at 7:37 pm

They beat out Magician Jamie Raven in the final, whom I thought was the far better act, but I guess the world of dog people were the voters. 

Of any televised talent show I've seen, Jamie is easily the best magic act I've seen ...

His audition ...
f0m9QtYWTIE

His semi-final ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAR_WSDaV9w

His final ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnVYAhxAPMw

Written By: whistledog on 06/06/15 at 7:55 pm

I also really enjoyed Michael Late.  His magic wasn't the greatest (it's easy to see how the following trick was done), but the way he put on the act with the Austrian theme and the background distractions was genius!  I'd definitely go and see his show ...

Et5TfHDVQ4o

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/07/15 at 5:42 am

I also really enjoyed Michael Late.  His magic wasn't the greatest (it's easy to see how the following trick was done), but the way he put on the act with the Austrian theme and the background distractions was genius!  I'd definitely go and see his show ...

Et5TfHDVQ4o
He was my highlight for the whole series.

Check for new replies or respond here...