inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cheers and The Brady Bunch to become stage shows

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/04/15 at 7:41 am

Classic TV shows Cheers and The Brady Bunch are to be adapted for the stage, and will tour America in 2016.

Cheers Live On Stage will showcase classic moments from the sitcom's 11-series run; while The Brady Bunch show is an all-new "comedic musical".

They're being put together by CBS Consumer Products, which previously had success with a touring production of Star Trek.

Subject: Re: Cheers and The Brady Bunch to become stage shows

Written By: gibbo on 06/04/15 at 9:05 pm

Classic TV shows Cheers and The Brady Bunch are to be adapted for the stage, and will tour America in 2016.

Cheers Live On Stage will showcase classic moments from the sitcom's 11-series run; while The Brady Bunch show is an all-new "comedic musical".

They're being put together by CBS Consumer Products, which previously had success with a touring production of Star Trek.

The set for Cheers is perfect for the stage. We rarely saw scenes outside the bar/back office area.

As for The Brady's ... they just need to recreate that iconic lounge/ entry area (with the staircase)

Written By: Howard on 06/05/15 at 7:35 am

Will the regular cast be there?

Written By: whistledog on 06/06/15 at 7:43 pm

A Cheers musical would be awesome.  The only time you ever really saw outside of the bar more than once was when they were at Gary's Old Town Tavern, The Hungry Heffer or Frasier and Lilith's house

Written By: Howard on 06/07/15 at 2:32 pm

Are they going to have the introduction theme songs like they do with the start of the shows?

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/07/15 at 5:32 pm

Will the regular cast be there?

I don't think that Ann B. Davis, Robert Reed or Allan Melvin (Sam the Butcher) will be participating in the Brady Bunch venture.

Written By: Howard on 06/08/15 at 2:31 pm

I don't think that Ann B. Davis, Robert Reed or Allan Melvin (Sam the Butcher) will be participating in the Brady Bunch venture.

What I meant was the other actors and actresses.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/08/15 at 6:07 pm

What I meant was the other actors and actresses.

It would be hot if Maureen McCormick got a role in this.  :-*

Written By: Howard on 06/09/15 at 2:27 pm

It would be hot if Maureen McCormick got a role in this.  :-*

She can continue her role as Marcia.

Written By: Howard on 06/09/15 at 2:29 pm

I wonder what scenes they have in mind?

Check for new replies or respond here...