inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Why are women suddenly wearing more makeup?

Written By: XYkid on 06/06/15 at 12:05 pm

Does anyone else feel like women wear a lot more makeup now than in the 2 previous decades? There's this series on youtube called 100 years of beauty, in which they cover various countries' histories in women's beauty, and in almost every country when they get to today, they show women just caked in makeup. Any idea of what's causing this trend?

Subject: Re: Why are women suddenly wearing more makeup?

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/06/15 at 12:08 pm

Does anyone else feel like women wear a lot more makeup now than in the 2 previous decades? There's this series on youtube called 100 years of beauty, in which they cover various countries' histories in women's beauty, and in almost every country when they get to today, they show women just caked in makeup. Any idea of what's causing this trend?
Cheap Avon Cosmetics availability?

Written By: ArcticFox on 06/06/15 at 4:19 pm

On the internet it seems ridiculous, but the girls I know in real life don't wear too much of it. They usually come to work with makeup on, but sometimes they arrive with nothing on. They don't look completely unrecognizable. I can still very much tell it is them. Their eyes just "disappear".

I think it's because makeup is becoming more accepted as an art form and as a result they're wearing more of it.

It's kind of like how tattoos are so commonplace today. I'm never going to get a tattoo. Ever.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/06/15 at 4:33 pm

On the internet it seems ridiculous, but the girls I know in real life don't wear too much of it. They usually come to work with makeup on, but sometimes they arrive with nothing on. They don't look completely unrecognizable. I can still very much tell it is them. Their eyes just "disappear".

I think it's because makeup is becoming more accepted as an art form and as a result they're wearing more of it.

It's kind of like how tattoos are so commonplace today. I'm never going to get a tattoo. Ever.
Make up to cover the tattoos?

Written By: Howard on 06/06/15 at 5:49 pm

It's almost looks like they're resembling circus clowns. ::)

Written By: KatanaChick on 06/07/15 at 5:18 am

I haven't noticed this trend at all. I only wear makeup if I'm going out on a day off and even then I don't always. I use golds and browns and colors that blend.

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/07/15 at 5:44 am

It's just all part of s trend towards more/better/excess.

More earring piercings and bigger boobs and bigger butts are part of this same recent "more is better" trend.

Written By: Howard on 06/07/15 at 2:28 pm

More earring piercings and bigger boobs and bigger butts are part of this same recent "more is better" trend.

This is what kind of world we're living in now.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 06/07/15 at 10:28 pm

I think mostly it's on youtube.  The ladies in my life, don't really wear that much makeup (except one who happens to be a makeup artist for a movie I was in).  It's so easy to make youtube videos, and quite a few have gotten attention from mainstream media that many, many ladies (sometimes guys) have demonstrations on makeup technique on youtube.  I guess they are going for their 15 minutes of fame.  I tried for my 15 minutes being a zombie extra in a local full-length film, from which my one and only scene was cut.  :\'(  Guess I'm not worth 15 minutes.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/08/15 at 11:05 am

There are some people who were notorious for wearing WAY too much. Like Tammy Baye Fakker Faye Bakker.

The key to wearing make-up is to look like you aren't wearing any.

Cat

Written By: karen on 06/08/15 at 11:08 am

I don't think I have noticed this trend at all.  Maybe it's just the people I know

Check for new replies or respond here...