inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child to open in 2016 in London's West End

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/26/15 at 3:59 am

JK Rowling has announced her Harry Potter stage play will open in London's West End next year.

Called Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, it will tell the "untold part" of the boy wizard's story, including the story of the lives of his murdered parents.

However, the author said on Twitter the play was "not a prequel".

It will run at the Palace Theatre in the summer of 2016, with tickets on sale this autumn.

Rowling said she chose to make the announcement on Friday because it was "a very special day" - the 18th anniversary of when her debut book, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, was first published in the UK.

But she was tight-lipped about the plot of the play, saying she did not "want to say too much more, because I don't want to spoil what I know will be a real treat for fans".

She added: "To answer one inevitable (and reasonable!) question - why isn't Cursed Child a new novel? I am confident that when audiences see the play they will agree that it was the only proper medium for the story."

The play was first announced in December 2013, after the author said she had "received countless approaches" over the years "about turning Harry Potter into a theatrical production".

Although the new story has not been written by Rowling, it is a collaboration between herself and writer Jack Thorne - who previously adapted Let The Right One In for the stage and won a Bafta for his work on Channel 4's This is England '88 - and John Tiffany, who will also direct the play.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33283158

Subject: Re: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child to open in 2016 in London's West End

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/26/15 at 6:33 am

http://c.files.bbci.co.uk/CB59/production/_83875025_potter_graphic_no_logo.jpg

Subject: Re: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child to open in 2016 in London's West End

Written By: snozberries on 06/26/15 at 10:08 am

JK Rowling has announced her Harry Potter stage play will open in London's West End next year.

Called Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, it will tell the "untold part" of the boy wizard's story, including the story of the lives of his murdered parents.

However, the author said on Twitter the play was "not a prequel".

It will run at the Palace Theatre in the summer of 2016, with tickets on sale this autumn.

Rowling said she chose to make the announcement on Friday because it was "a very special day" - the 18th anniversary of when her debut book, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, was first published in the UK.

But she was tight-lipped about the plot of the play, saying she did not "want to say too much more, because I don't want to spoil what I know will be a real treat for fans".

She added: "To answer one inevitable (and reasonable!) question - why isn't Cursed Child a new novel? I am confident that when audiences see the play they will agree that it was the only proper medium for the story."

The play was first announced in December 2013, after the author said she had "received countless approaches" over the years "about turning Harry Potter into a theatrical production".

Although the new story has not been written by Rowling, it is a collaboration between herself and writer Jack Thorne - who previously adapted Let The Right One In for the stage and won a Bafta for his work on Channel 4's This is England '88 - and John Tiffany, who will also direct the play.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33283158

they better film it and let the rest of the world see it!    >:(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/26/15 at 10:12 am

Agreed.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/26/15 at 10:19 am

The production may travel the stages of the world.

Written By: snozberries on 06/26/15 at 10:47 am

The production may travel the stages of the world.

that's still not enough I mean it will come to LA and I might get a chance to see it but, if it's televised then I will definitely see it.
But it most certainly will not come to Santa Barbara.... and I doubt it will go to Vermont for Cat.... therefore we are probably not ever going to see it.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/26/15 at 10:50 am

that's still not enough I mean it will come to LA and I might get a chance to see it but, if it's televised then I will definitely see it.
But it most certainly will not come to Santa Barbara.... and I doubt it will go to Vermont for Cat.... therefore we are probably not ever going to see it.
...or a DVD may be produce?

Written By: snozberries on 06/26/15 at 10:51 am

...or a DVD may be produce?

that would work too.. but if she wants to make another billion dollars maybe she will sell the film rights to Warner Bros.  LOL

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/26/15 at 10:53 am

that would work too.. but if she wants to make another billion dollars maybe she will sell the film rights to Warner Bros.  LOL
That is true!

Subject: Re: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child on stage in London's West End

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/28/16 at 7:44 am

A quarter of a million extra tickets for the new two-part Harry Potter play are to go on sale. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child has been showing at London's Palace Theatre since June, but officially opens on Saturday. A further 300 tickets for each show in the play's current sold-out run - which is due to continue until December 2017 - will be released on 4 August. It has won five-star reviews and been called "a game-changing production".

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-36913308

Check for new replies or respond here...