inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Game of Thrones leads Emmy nominations 2015

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/16/15 at 2:03 pm

Game of Thrones is leading the Emmy award nominations with 24 nominations.

American Horror Story: Freak Show and mini-series Olive Kitteridge received 19 and 13 nominations.

House of Cards, Mad Men are up for 11 nominations while Downton Abbey and Wolf Hall are up for eight.

Wolf Hall's Mark Rylance is up against Ricky Gervais and David Oyelowo in the best actor in a mini-series or film category.

Gervais is shortlisted for his role in the Derek Special while Oyelowo has been recognised for his role as Peter Snowden in Nightingale.

Rylance's co-star Damian Lewis is nominated for best supporting actor for his role as Henry VIII in Wolf Hall.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33548056

Subject: Re: Game of Thrones leads Emmy nominations 2015

Written By: snozberries on 07/16/15 at 2:19 pm

that's awesome but... more importantly...Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black) finally got nominated!!!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/16/15 at 2:22 pm

that's awesome but... more importantly...Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black) finally got nominated!!!!

I like to state right here and now, I still have not watched "Game of Thrones"

Written By: snozberries on 07/16/15 at 2:31 pm

I like to state right here and now, I still have not watched "Game of Thrones"

I fully admit I hard time with season one... there were too many characters and I just didn't care... but I stuck with it and it's one of my favorite shows right now. 
And, after 5 seasons, I finally kinda know who everyone is so I would like to go back and rewatch from the beginning so I can fill in some blanks!

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/16/15 at 2:33 pm

I fully admit I hard time with season one... there were too many characters and I just didn't care... but I stuck with it and it's one of my favorite shows right now. 
And, after 5 seasons, I finally kinda know who everyone is so I would like to go back and rewatch from the beginning so I can fill in some blanks!
From what I have seen (trailers on television) it does look spectacular

Written By: snozberries on 07/16/15 at 2:45 pm

From what I have seen (trailers on television) it does look spectacular

the writing.. the acting... the set design...even the green screen is nearly undetectable.  I do highly recommend it.  I was resistant at first because I thought it was actually set in medieval times....then I found it it was more of a fantasy set outside of any real time and place...that was even more of a turn off.... but once I stopped fighting it and gave it a chance I really was sucked into it.

Check for new replies or respond here...