inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Spectre release date and last Bond movie for Sam Mendes

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/17/15 at 10:14 am

Spectre, the next James Bond film, will have its world premiere on the same day as its UK release date - 26 October.

"For the first time ever, the film will open on the same night at cinemas across the UK and Ireland," said distributor Sony Pictures.

The film is out in the US on 6 November. That was the date it had been expected to open in UK cinemas, after its makers pushed its original release date back from 23 October.

Spectre marks Daniel Craig's fourth big-screen outing as 007 and takes its name from one of the character's most formidable adversaries - the Special Executive for Counter-intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion.

Subject: Re: Spectre release date and last Bond movie for Sam Mendes

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/19/15 at 8:19 am

James Bond director Sam Mendes has said he does not want to make any more 007 films after the next instalment, which comes out in October.

"I said no to the last one and then ended up doing it, and was pilloried by all my friends," he said. "But I do think this is probably it."

Mendes directed 2012's Skyfall and the forthcoming Bond film, titled Spectre.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33585233

Subject: Re: Spectre release date and last Bond movie for Sam Mendes

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/23/15 at 11:22 am

http://c.files.bbci.co.uk/1227C/production/_84446347_134424c4-bed0-41f3-85b7-64038e563ace.jpg

The new Spectre trailer has been viewed more than 4.5 million times on YouTube since its launch on Wednesday morning. It is the equivalent of 3,000 plays per minute.

Among all the excitement about the return of Bond, the new car and a fleeting glimpse of Sherlock star Andrew Scott, is some excitement in the fashion fraternity about Daniel Craig rocking a white tux.

Check for new replies or respond here...