inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hulk Hogan Has Contract Terminated By WWE

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/24/15 at 10:18 am

WWE has terminated the contract of Hulk Hogan, one of wrestling's most famous names.

Reports in the US claim the move has been prompted by the contents of an audio recording of Hogan that has surfaced.

An official reason for the decision has not been given, but in a statement the company said: "WWE terminated its contract with Terry Bollea (aka Hulk Hogan).

"WWE is committed to embracing and celebrating individuals from all backgrounds as demonstrated by the diversity of our employees, performers and fans worldwide."

Earlier Hogan posted a cryptic message on Twitter that read: "In the storm I release control, God and his Universe will sail me where he wants me to be, one love. HH."

Hogan's profile on the WWE website has been removed, with a message stating: "You are not authorised to access this page."

A search for his merchandise on the WWE's online shop no longer returns any results.

http://news.sky.com/story/1524813/hulk-hogan-has-contract-terminated-by-wwe

Subject: Re: Hulk Hogan Has Contract Terminated By WWE

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/24/15 at 1:34 pm

I guess we'll all have to boycott the movie Rocky III now.  :-X

Written By: Howard on 07/24/15 at 2:57 pm

WWE has terminated the contract of Hulk Hogan, one of wrestling's most famous names.

Reports in the US claim the move has been prompted by the contents of an audio recording of Hogan that has surfaced.

An official reason for the decision has not been given, but in a statement the company said: "WWE terminated its contract with Terry Bollea (aka Hulk Hogan).

"WWE is committed to embracing and celebrating individuals from all backgrounds as demonstrated by the diversity of our employees, performers and fans worldwide."

Earlier Hogan posted a cryptic message on Twitter that read: "In the storm I release control, God and his Universe will sail me where he wants me to be, one love. HH."

Hogan's profile on the WWE website has been removed, with a message stating: "You are not authorised to access this page."

A search for his merchandise on the WWE's online shop no longer returns any results.

http://news.sky.com/story/1524813/hulk-hogan-has-contract-terminated-by-wwe

He had made some racist remarks from 2008 and now on a podcast, He had used the "n" word to describe black people in the interview.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 07/24/15 at 9:00 pm

I'm glad my Daddy didn't live to see this. He really liked Hulk and this would have made him so mad and sad. 

>:(
Damn it, I even liked Hulk. Not now.

Written By: Howard on 07/25/15 at 6:53 am

I'm glad my Daddy didn't live to see this. He really liked Hulk and this would have made him so mad and sad. 

>:(
Damn it, I even liked Hulk. Not now.

I know, I liked Hulk Hogan growing up but if you've watched WWE throughout the years you've heard Vince McMahon say it to John Cena as well as Booker T say the "n" word towards Hulk Hogan back in the WCW days.

Written By: 90s Guy on 07/25/15 at 8:54 am

You don't have to cease watching anything with Hulk Hogan in it just because of his personal views.
Political Correctness is becoming 1984-esque. This society we live in is just pathetic.

Written By: Howard on 07/25/15 at 2:25 pm

You don't have to cease watching anything with Hulk Hogan in it just because of his personal views.
Political Correctness is becoming 1984-esque. This society we live in is just pathetic.

and WWE has the nerve to distance themselves from Hulk Hogan and erase everything that is Hulk Hogan including merchandise and to get rid of Curtis Axel's impersonation of the Hulkster.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/-G53oswb3PE/maxresdefault.jpg

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/25/15 at 4:22 pm

I wonder if they will delete the "Thunder Lips" sequence from Rocky III? ???

https://crustula.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/thunderlips.jpg

"The Ultimate Male... versus the Ultimate MEATBALL !"

Written By: Howard on 07/26/15 at 1:36 pm

I wonder if they will delete the "Thunder Lips" sequence from Rocky III? ???

https://crustula.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/thunderlips.jpg

"The Ultimate Male... versus the Ultimate MEATBALL !"

knowing the company I think they will.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 07/26/15 at 9:53 pm

As an African American male I'm disgusted by what Hogan said!! >:( 8-P

Written By: Howard on 07/27/15 at 1:45 pm

As an African American male I'm disgusted by what Hogan said!! >:( 8-P

I'm appalled of what he said too.

Check for new replies or respond here...