inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Carol" to premiere at London Film Festival

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/17/15 at 9:00 am

Todd Haynes' new drama Carol, which stars Cate Blachett and Rooney Mara, has been enjoying Oscar hype months for months thanks to its appearance at Cannes Film Festival. Now, it's been announced it will get its UK premiere at the London Film Festival in October.

The romantic drama, based on Patricia Highsmith's novel The Price of Salt, is set in New York in 1952 and tells the story of a young female clerk and her relationship with an older, married woman.

Haynes said he was "extremely proud" to be part of the London event with "a film adaptation which had its roots in Britain, and a festival which has meant a tremendous amount to me personally over the years".

The film will be in UK cinemas on 27 November.

Subject: Re: "Carol" to premiere at London Film Festival

Written By: TheKid99 on 08/22/15 at 12:30 pm

The weird thing about this movie was that it was all shot in my hometown, Cincinnati! I do not know if I will see it but it is probably a good movie if it has Cate Blachett.

Subject: Re: "Carol" to premiere at London Film Festival

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/22/15 at 12:31 pm

The weird thing about this movie was that it was all shot in my hometown, Cincinnati! I do not know if I will see it but it is probably a good movie if it has Cate Blachett.
After a while it should available to watch online on the usual channels.

Check for new replies or respond here...