inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Lady Gaga back with RedOne

Written By: bchris02 on 08/20/15 at 12:36 pm

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6670369/lady-gaga-new-album-lg5-what-we-know

It appears that Lady Gaga is now writing songs again with RedOne, the cowriter of many of the songs that are considered her biggest hits like Poker Face and Bad Romance.  Hopefully this means we will finally get an album that is a worthy follow-up to The Fame Monster.

Thoughts?

Subject: Re: Lady Gaga back with RedOne

Written By: 80sfan on 08/20/15 at 7:20 pm

I liked her lead song, Applause. I can see why it's considered weird but I liked it!

Yeah, good that she's going back to basics and making a name again.  8)

Written By: bchris02 on 08/20/15 at 7:38 pm

I liked her lead song, Applause. I can see why it's considered weird but I liked it!

Yeah, good that she's going back to basics and making a name again.  8)

I liked Applause as well, it just didn't have the impact that her earlier singles did.  It was probably one of the only decent songs on Artpop to boot.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/20/15 at 7:41 pm

I hope she makes it good. It's been like three or four years since everybody loved her.

Written By: ArcticFox on 08/20/15 at 10:48 pm

I hope she doesn't do the whole electronic dance music thing again. It's so old and tired, she needs to do something different. Perhaps something more organic? As long as it's different from her previous albums. I think she should do R&B.

Hey bchris02, do you remember in my "2015: The Year in Music" you said you wanted the Celine Dion/R. Kelly-esque ballads of the '90s to come back? Well Lady Gaga has the vocal and artistic capability of doing so, let's just hope she puts it to use.

Written By: bchris02 on 08/21/15 at 12:31 am

I hope she doesn't do the whole electronic dance music thing again. It's so old and tired, she needs to do something different. Perhaps something more organic? As long as it's different from her previous albums. I think she should do R&B.

I am not sure.  Electronic dance music has been boring recently but looking back, it became that way once Lady Gaga lost her mojo.  All around, I believe the quality of her work peaked with the Fame Monster.  Born This Way was noticeably an inferior album but was still a success.  ArtPop did her in.  Do you think the era of electronic dance music has come and gone?  Orn, could Gaga get back to basics, put out an album that is fun, catchy, and that people like (like her early stuff), and stage a comeback?  I think it could happen if she ditched the political and pretentious undertones that plagued her last two albums and just focused on making fun dance music.

Hey bchris02, do you remember in my "2015: The Year in Music" you said you wanted the Celine Dion/R. Kelly-esque ballads of the '90s to come back? Well Lady Gaga has the vocal and artistic capability of doing so, let's just hope she puts it to use.

I completely agree.  Nobody on the landscape right now has the ability and talent to pull it off more than her.  If she did that though, do you think it would sell?

Check for new replies or respond here...