inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Parents told their daughter’s Wonder Woman lunchbox is too violent for school

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/27/15 at 8:00 am

She may be the world’s premier cartoon heroine, but according to one school, Wonder Woman and her Golden Lasso of Truth are too are absolutely not suitable lunchbox fodder.

According to Redditor twines18, who posted a copy of the letter and offending lunchbox on Imgur, the lunchbox contravened the schools dress code which states children aren’t allowed to bring ‘violent images’ into the building.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/26/parents-told-their-daughters-wonder-woman-lunchbox-is-too-violent-for-school-5361976/#ixzz3k1IXXoP6

Subject: Re: Parents told their daughter’s Wonder Woman lunchbox is too violent for school

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/27/15 at 8:28 am

So basically, her school (or pretty much any modern school nowadays), believe that superheroes are really violent and they should just have lunchboxes with friendly characters? I don't know if that's pathetic or they think that some kids would be terrified with superheroes nowadays. I don't like superheroes, but I don't think they're scary (since the school probably thinks they're scary nowadays). They're just lame pieces of crap who just fight super villains and save the whole goddamn world from evil, with lame CGI effects.

Subject: Re: Parents told their daughter’s Wonder Woman lunchbox is too violent for school

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/27/15 at 8:29 am

So basically, her school (or pretty much any modern school nowadays), believe that superheroes are really violent and they should just have lunchboxes with friendly characters? I don't know if that's pathetic or they think that some kids would be terrified with superheroes nowadays. I don't like superheroes, but I don't think they're scary (since the school probably thinks they're scary nowadays). They're just lame pieces of crap who just fight super villains and save the whole goddamn world from evil, with lame CGI effects.
Like you say, superheroes are not violent, they save the world from evil doers.

Written By: Howard on 08/27/15 at 2:56 pm

Like you say, superheroes are not violent, they save the world from evil doers.

Wonder Woman is not violent.

Written By: mqg96 on 08/27/15 at 7:30 pm

;D ;D ;D ;D at this article....

The mainstream media being so quick out there with a press of a button, has caused society to be more sensitive towards every little thing.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/27/15 at 7:52 pm

;D ;D ;D ;D at this article....

The mainstream media being so quick out there with a press of a button, has caused society to be more sensitive towards every little thing.

I wouldn't say the entire mainstream freaks out over violent things. That's basically today's schools, who think that anything that doesn't have any educational purposes in it, or has appropriate behavior shouldn't be allowed at schools.

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 08/27/15 at 8:00 pm

PC Culture in a nutshell...

Written By: Howard on 08/28/15 at 7:21 am

PC Culture in a nutshell...

everything in today's world has to be PC.

Written By: Dangermouth on 08/30/15 at 6:43 pm

"I wouldn't say the entire mainstream freaks out over violent things. That's basically today's schools, who think that anything that doesn't have any educational purposes in it, or has appropriate behavior shouldn't be allowed at schools."

Sounds like thought control t' me.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/30/15 at 9:42 pm

"I wouldn't say the entire mainstream freaks out over violent things. That's basically today's schools, who think that anything that doesn't have any educational purposes in it, or has appropriate behavior shouldn't be allowed at schools."

Sounds like thought control t' me.

Hell yeah, it's thought control. They basically want everything to be educational and informative, especially kids' interests on backpacks and/or lunch boxes.

Written By: Howard on 08/31/15 at 2:40 pm

http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/images/P-488-488-90/67/6724/Z2TA100Z/posters/wonder-woman-large-tin-lunchbox.jpg

How in the blue hell is this violent? ::)

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/31/15 at 6:01 pm

http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/images/P-488-488-90/67/6724/Z2TA100Z/posters/wonder-woman-large-tin-lunchbox.jpg

How in the blue hell is this violent? ::)

It really doesn't look that violent. It's just Wonder Woman being awesome. How is that violent to the school board?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/31/15 at 6:47 pm

I think it is because Wonder Woman is a STRONG badass woman and we can't have little girls aspiring to be a strong badass woman. They need to aspire to be like Suzy Homemaker and to be subordinate to males.

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/01/15 at 1:05 am

I think it is because Wonder Woman is a STRONG badass woman and we can't have little girls aspiring to be a strong badass woman. They need to aspire to be like Suzy Homemaker and to be subordinate to males.

Cat
Like the Stepford Wives?  ;D

Written By: Howard on 09/01/15 at 2:41 pm

It really doesn't look that violent. It's just Wonder Woman being awesome. How is that violent to the school board?

I don't know, she is a superhero.

Check for new replies or respond here...