inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What will 2020 look like?

Written By: the2001 on 09/02/15 at 4:14 pm

Since everybody be talking about Kanye running, this leads me to this thought,

What will 2020 look like?

What will the fashion look like?
What will the music sound like?
What will the movies be like?
What will the technology that will be around/and not around
What will society be like?

There is a few people on this message board who accurately predicted what would happen 7 years
in the future , can these people please come out now and give us your thoughts? And also the rest
of the inthe00s board please give me your precise thoughts based on rational forcasting.

Subject: Re: What will 2020 look like?

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/02/15 at 4:37 pm

Clear with good eyesight?  ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 09/02/15 at 4:42 pm

The American people will be very angry at their politicians!

Written By: the2001 on 09/02/15 at 4:54 pm

The American people will be very angry at their politicians!

depending who it is

Written By: mxcrashxm on 09/02/15 at 4:58 pm

It will be super futuristic and awesome. :D

Written By: #Infinity on 09/02/15 at 6:04 pm

My personal predictions, based on what seems to be gaining traction at the moment:

* America is just entering a period of conservatism after a long era of progressive milestones, very similar to 100 years in the past
* Music is STILL be mostly electronic/dance, but the disco influence will be slightly more apparent.
* People are becoming generally more materialistic, but still extremely talkative about sociopolitical issues.
* Fashion is even wackier than it is now, the "individualistic" styles having become completely standardized.
* The Wii U and possibly even XBOX One are no longer sold in stores, with the PS4 being the dominant system.
* America is directly intervening against ISIS.
* Transgender, African American, and Hispanic American social issues are more talked about than ever before, though gay/lesbian/bisexual and women's topics have not disappeared.
* Gender and sexual fluidity and ambiguity are common, mainstream identifications.
* Jeb Bush is President of the United States and is considered a failure due to his inability to deliver a coherent Republican agenda, with Elizabeth Warren becoming the rising presidential hopeful for the coming election.
* Netflix has dramatically declined in popularity, leaving newer, alternate web video services in its place.
* Hip hop has entered a creative renaissance, with more and more popular MC's talking about the struggles of African Americans, as opposed to the club jams that Drake and Wiz Khalifa have represented. Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp a Butterfly and Dr. Dre's Compton are already signs that hip hop is entering a period of transition, and the massive success of the Straight Outta Compton movie, plus the renewed sales for the album it was based off of, articulate this trend further.  I think by the late 2010s, America will have experienced a second wave of gangsta rap, and that it will have already established itself heavily by 2020, with aforementioned artists of the previous style like Drake having fallen out of the mainstream by then.
* Web cameras are much faster and of better quality.
* 2000s nostalgia is in full force, with occasional reference to the Lady Gaga era, or early 2010s.
* Illumination Entertaiment has overtaken DreamWorks as Disney and Pixar's major rival, with DreamWorks almost on its last legs.
* The Marvel Cinematic Universe films are finally starting to decline in quality; in its place will be superhero or action/adventure movies that feature more diverse lead heroes than just young, handsome, straight white guys.  Movies like Jurassic World and the upcoming Star Wars Episode VII:  The Force Awakens already appear to hint at more diverse major characters, a foundation which I think will be established a bit more (if not completely) by 2020.
* Otherwise, 2020 is not significantly different in feel from 2015.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/02/15 at 6:13 pm

For fashion, I really don't give a crap about that. For music, I think it would just sound more electro or something. Probably with a 80s or 2000s feel with it. For movies, I think it would just be the same. For technology, the hell if I know. For society, same with my views on technology.

Written By: ArcticFox on 09/02/15 at 7:07 pm

We can't predict the future, but I think it will be very different from today. We have five years. It's fun to predict the future, so I'll do it anyway.

Considering fashion has gone in 20 year cycles since the mid-20th century, think of a remixed and modernized year 2000. Chunky turtleneck sweaters, leather pants, body glitter, cropped pants, wide-leg jeans, tracksuits, jean skirts, and bell-bottoms. Not as flattering as it sounds. Ick!  8-P

Probably like the millennium era (specifically the year 2000) as an influence, and the big trend being a genre that hasn't been big before. Ambient? Drum n' Bass? Who knows?

The distopian YA novel-to-film adaptions will definitely be out of style by then. Perhaps something along the lines of horror and teen comedies will take it's place.

Don't know. Maybe self-driving cars.

Probably more conservative and politically incorrect.

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 09/02/15 at 10:14 pm

I have this strange feeling that we are going to see something groundbreaking within the next 5 years. I think something like iphone in 2007 or internet in 95' kind of groundbreaking

Written By: bchris02 on 09/02/15 at 10:40 pm

There really isn't any telling.

Music is a tough one.  I thought early '10s culture, at least in terms of music would evolve differently into the mid '10s than it has. Many of the fresh, groundbreaking musical trends of the early '10s didn't last.  For instance, I thought so much more could have been done with dubstep and surprised it faded as quickly as it did.  Same with electro-swing.  I would say music has taken a step backwards with the new teen pop era, the disco revival, and trap hip-hop.  I am not sure where music goes from here.  A few predictions I will make is more mature music will make a comeback, Lady Gaga will also stage a comeback in some form or fashion, and hip-hop will have gone through a drastic transformation by 2020 (what I don't know).  Also look for some masculinity of some sort to make its way back into Top 40.

In terms of fashion, I will be surprised if the side-buzz cut is still popular for guys in 2020.  Many of the teen retailers that specialized in logo clothing in the 2000s will be gone.  Beyond that, anything could happen.

Politically, I think a Democrat will be elected in 2016 and the current liberal era will continue at least to the end of the decade, but there could be a conservative resurgence in the 2020s.  The pendulum swings back and forth and the 2010s has been the most liberal decade in American history, especially socially, and there is a lot of growing angst among conservatives.  There is bound to be a backlash against the anything goes, PC era of today.  I say this as a liberal myself.  I really hope the pendulum doesn't swing too far back to the right (like in the movie V for Vendetta) but it could happen.

As for technology...self driving cars are coming.  Whether or not we will have them by 2020 is unknown but they are coming.  I think two huge changes we will see in the coming years is faster broadband, both wired and wireless, as well as more cloud storage.  It will be standard to have one cloud drive for all of your devices.  The Internet of Things is another frontier that will likely become more prominent by 2020.

As for movies, I don't think they will change a whole lot.  There is already a roadmap to 2020 and its filled with Marvel movies, 90s nostalgia, and dystopian novel to film adaptations.

Written By: Arrowstone on 09/03/15 at 2:03 am

The Y2k fashion will be back; men will have stopped wearing beards and are now clean shaven or taking a moustache.
Wifi will be better; tablet laptops are ubiquitous. Hoverboards will spread, though are still difficult things; some automatic taxi's,  no automatic driving allowed yet.
Politics will shift to the right in a next economic crisis,  but not entirely because of the very large liberal millennial group.
Music will remain electronic; rock will not return.

Written By: Howard on 09/03/15 at 3:56 pm

It will be super futuristic and awesome. :D

We will have hover boards and flying cars.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/03/15 at 7:00 pm

We will have hover boards and flying cars.

There's no way in hell that we'll ever have hover boards and flying cars in five years.

Written By: #Infinity on 09/03/15 at 7:24 pm

There's no way in hell that we'll ever have hover boards and flying cars in five years.

Even if we did, they'd still be in their primitive, pre-mainstream form.

Written By: 80sfan on 09/03/15 at 8:10 pm

A little more technologically advanced?  ???

Written By: 80sfan on 09/03/15 at 8:25 pm

I don't know that 2020 will be too different from 2015, but I know what 1915 looks like, below!  :D  :D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-DWE0rrmeTeA/UcfaX3VR5dI/AAAAAAAANeQ/XXAbp10TP4Q/s1600/KitchenStuff.jpg

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/03/15 at 8:30 pm

I don't know that 2020 will be too different from 2015, but I know what 1915 looks like, below!  :D  :D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-DWE0rrmeTeA/UcfaX3VR5dI/AAAAAAAANeQ/XXAbp10TP4Q/s1600/KitchenStuff.jpg

I would say that the early 1920s were kinda comparable to the 1910s, even though the 20s politically started with Prohibition.

Written By: 80sfan on 09/03/15 at 8:38 pm

I would say that the early 1920s were kinda comparable to the 1910s, even though the 20s politically started with Prohibition.

When Prohibition start?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/03/15 at 8:48 pm

When Prohibition start?

The Volstead Act (which started Prohibition) was finally enacted on January 16, 1920.

Written By: bchris02 on 09/03/15 at 11:58 pm

The 1910s were closer culturally to the 1900s.  The 1920s were their own beast with Prohibition, the booming stock market, and the Jazz Age.  It was the age of gangsters, lawlessness, and Al Capone.  It really was one of the most distinct eras in American history.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/04/15 at 1:13 am

Virtual reality headsets will be affordable and commonplace, and the next generation of videogame consoles will put us right in the middle of the action.

Also, after all these years of being teased with concept vehicles, I hope to be finally owning one of these.  8)

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--CNgf-T34--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/18gn9h2s1oxuqjpg.jpg
.)

Written By: #Infinity on 09/04/15 at 2:38 am

Virtual reality headsets will be affordable and commonplace, and the next generation of videogame consoles will put us right in the middle of the action.

I really hope so!  If only technological developers would stop obsessing so heavily over phone apps, we could finally see something groundbreaking come out again!  :-[

Written By: Howard on 09/04/15 at 7:11 am

and how do you know that?  ::)

Written By: Howard on 09/04/15 at 7:13 am

A little more technologically advanced?  ???

radios will be outdated and we'll be listening to music via radio stations online for good.

Written By: Howard on 09/04/15 at 7:14 am

http://itechfuture.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/futureintech2020.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/04/15 at 7:17 am

Burgers will still be eaten then?

Written By: Howard on 09/04/15 at 7:46 am

Burgers will still be eaten then?

and everything will technologically advanced.

Written By: 80sfan on 09/04/15 at 3:16 pm

radios will be outdated and we'll be listening to music via radio stations online for good.

You may be right!  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/04/15 at 3:19 pm

Ii first read this as...

"rabies will be outdated and we'll be listening to music via radio stations online for good."

Written By: 80sfan on 09/04/15 at 3:21 pm

Will we take pills for food in 2020?  ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/04/15 at 3:21 pm

Or will it be pills instead of food?

Written By: Howard on 09/04/15 at 3:22 pm

You may be right!  :o

and clock radios will most likely be thrown away.

Written By: Howard on 09/04/15 at 3:23 pm

maybe eat food via squeeze tubes.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/04/15 at 3:24 pm

maybe eat food via squeeze tubes.
Like the Apollo astronauts?

Written By: Howard on 09/04/15 at 3:25 pm

http://itechfuture.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/futurecomputersdesignconcept7.jpg

I think this is what they call an iPad mat. ↑

Written By: Howard on 09/04/15 at 3:26 pm

Like the Apollo astronauts?

and drinks too.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/04/15 at 3:26 pm

http://itechfuture.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/futurecomputersdesignconcept7.jpg

I think this is what they call an iPad mat. ↑
Makes a change from a normal doormat?

Written By: 80sfan on 09/04/15 at 3:30 pm

Or will it be pills instead of food?

I might take more than one pill, if one doesn't fill me up.  >:(  >:(

Written By: Howard on 09/04/15 at 3:33 pm

you can either use your foot or hand.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/04/15 at 4:04 pm

I might take more than one pill, if one doesn't fill me up.  >:(  >:(
Exactly as I was thinking...

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/04/15 at 4:27 pm

If this is what our mobile devices would look like in the near future, then that's kinda freaky.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/04/15 at 4:29 pm

If this is what our mobile devices would look like in the near future, then that's kinda freaky.
The iPad Mat looks like one of those dance mats?

Written By: ralfy on 09/05/15 at 2:55 am

Some indicators shared here:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/02/limits-to-growth-was-right-new-research-shows-were-nearing-collapse

Written By: Arrowstone on 09/05/15 at 3:41 am

Some indicators shared here:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/02/limits-to-growth-was-right-new-research-shows-were-nearing-collapse

Those are really scary graphs!

Written By: Howard on 09/05/15 at 6:58 am

There will be an app for everything.

Written By: Howard on 09/05/15 at 7:01 am

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/cc/13/ab/cc13ab6b4f4eea32ee8e75ecf1e2f768.jpg

toasting bread using glass technology.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/05/15 at 7:22 am

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/cc/13/ab/cc13ab6b4f4eea32ee8e75ecf1e2f768.jpg

toasting bread using glass technology.
It will have to be heat-proof glass?

Written By: 80sfan on 09/05/15 at 8:30 am

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQf62__LRnuebD8x4EEq897C9SxUM4FvtRmGgwljpepVy8Gr5Pi

Moon boots?

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/05/15 at 9:20 am

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/30/Tom_Hardy_Locke_Premiere.jpg

Film actor Tom Hardy will be the new/next James Bond.

Written By: Howard on 09/05/15 at 5:55 pm

It will have to be heat-proof glass?

It will keep the bread warm.

Written By: Howard on 09/05/15 at 5:55 pm

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQf62__LRnuebD8x4EEq897C9SxUM4FvtRmGgwljpepVy8Gr5Pi

Moon boots?

I like that idea.

Written By: Howard on 09/05/15 at 5:56 pm

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/30/Tom_Hardy_Locke_Premiere.jpg

Film actor Tom Hardy will be the new/next James Bond.

In 2020?

Written By: whistledog on 09/05/15 at 6:13 pm

ABC's 20/20 with David Muir and Elizabeth Vargas

http://abcnews.go.com/images/US/abc_david_muir_vargas_wy_130129_wblog.jpg

Written By: 80sfan on 09/05/15 at 7:01 pm

I like that idea.

Too bad it isn't mine, originally.  :-[

Written By: 80sfan on 09/05/15 at 7:02 pm

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/06/15 at 7:05 am

In 2020?
Hopefully before, and will be the for then the current active acting James Bond.

Written By: batfan2005 on 09/06/15 at 7:14 am

Here's my predictions:

- Jeb Bush will get reelected
- The Tokyo Olympics will be huge success, causing it to become the fastest growing city in the world
- The PS5, Xbox's next system, and Nintendo NX will all be the systems then. The current generation will all be obsolete bythen.
- It will be the peak of the next housing bubble.
- 2004 will be the throw back year, and you'll hear a lot of music from that year, especially Usher. The music of 2020 will also be similar (glam rap)
- The overall culture will be about money and materialism, and conservative

Written By: Redhairkid on 09/06/15 at 7:31 am

Fashion - No idea as I don't keep up with the latest fashions, despite being female and despite having designed clothes myself.
Music - Still as crap as it has been for the past 20 years.
Movies - Don't know and care even less as I am not a movie buff.
Technology - Getting more advanced.
Society - Even more draconian and full of political correctness nonsense, at least in Britain.

Written By: bchris02 on 09/06/15 at 9:52 am

Here's my predictions:

- The Tokyo Olympics will be huge success, causing it to become the fastest growing city in the world
- The PS5, Xbox's next system, and Nintendo NX will all be the systems then. The current generation will all be obsolete bythen.
- 2004 will be the throw back year, and you'll hear a lot of music from that year, especially Usher. The music of 2020 will also be similar (glam rap)

I think 2020 is too soon for all of this to come to pass. Possibly by the late '20s but it would take a lot to get our culture to that point in just five years. And the Top 40 station in my town still plays 2004-era Usher.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/06/15 at 10:17 am

Let us worry about tomorrow than the distant future.

Written By: Howard on 09/06/15 at 3:01 pm

;D

Written By: Howard on 09/06/15 at 3:03 pm

http://www.markramseymedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/ipad2indash.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/06/15 at 4:06 pm

http://www.markramseymedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/ipad2indash.jpg
That would be a distraction for the driver and can causes accidents on the road.

Written By: #Infinity on 09/06/15 at 7:22 pm

That would be a distraction for the driver and can causes accidents on the road.

If they can have navigation systems and radio, I don't see why that isn't plausible.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/07/15 at 3:39 am

If they can have navigation systems and radio, I don't see why that isn't plausible.
But that screen is like a tablet, in other words a computer screen, therefore more than just navigation systems and radio.

Written By: Howard on 09/07/15 at 2:57 pm

They can use the navigation system on the side of the road.

Written By: Howard on 09/07/15 at 2:59 pm

http://itechfuture.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/futuretechFuturein2020.jpg
touch technology

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/07/15 at 3:01 pm

They can use the navigation system on the side of the road.
That does exist today, they are called road signs.

Written By: Shemp97 on 09/09/15 at 7:30 pm

Holy lord, 2020 is less than 5 years away!  :o
I didn't feel that long ago that I was reading a book published in 2003 predicting a typical 2020 husehold to have tacky-looking 60s-esque gadgets and elevators. ;D

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/09/15 at 7:32 pm

Holy lord, 2020 is less than 5 years away!  :o

That year wouldn't be as futuristic with what people saying about it now. I don't even think we would get that kind of technology in the near future.

Written By: Shemp97 on 09/09/15 at 7:43 pm

* The Wii U and possibly even XBOX One are no longer sold in stores, with the PS4 being the dominant system.

That is if the NX doesn't overtake it.

* Hip hop has entered a creative renaissance, with more and more popular MC's talking about the struggles of African Americans, as opposed to the club jams that Drake and Wiz Khalifa have represented. Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp a Butterfly and Dr. Dre's Compton are already signs that hip hop is entering a period of transition, and the massive success of the Straight Outta Compton movie, plus the renewed sales for the album it was based off of, articulate this trend further.  I think by the late 2010s, America will have experienced a second wave of gangsta rap, and that it will have already established itself heavily by 2020, with aforementioned artists of the previous style like Drake having fallen out of the mainstream by then.

Drake is fundamentally alternative, many of his best known songs in his home city are ones that touch on Toronto culture or dealing with issues like in his "riding through the 6 with my woes". He remains a driving force in the hiphop scene around here and is pretty respected.

Written By: Shemp97 on 09/09/15 at 7:48 pm

Even if we did, they'd still be in their primitive, pre-mainstream form.

Been seeing alot of this though  ;D

http://blog.banggood.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/IMG_20150619_144902.jpeg

And on a separate note, I wonder when the 2020s board will go live?

Written By: mqg96 on 09/09/15 at 8:08 pm

I could easily see the 2020's decade being a transitional decade in technology and the culture like the 2000's was. It seems like most of this 2010's decade has been a similar era, the 2000's decade experienced tons of change in society, technology, political, and the pop culture. It was very transitional. I could see 2020 still having similar technology and pop culture from today and still having influences from the mid 2010's or maybe even early. However, by the mid or late 2020's I predict it will form its own identity, the country of America and even other parts of the world could be very different, we could be in another war or something cause of a crash or attack who knows, music could enter a new era out of no where, something really huge gets invented and enters the mainstream that nobody ever thought of. Just some predictions here. I think by the mid or late 2020's the early & mid 2000's will look extremely old school. However, the very late 2000's/early 2010's will still just look very retro or really dated though.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/10/15 at 5:26 am

Wondering when the 2020s board will go live?
Segways without handles?

Written By: Shemp97 on 09/10/15 at 8:52 am

Segways without handles?

Whatever it takes to fufill the Back to the future 2 prophecy.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/10/15 at 9:01 am

Whatever it takes to fufill the Back to the future 2 prophecy.
Closes yet, but no hover.

Written By: ralfy on 09/10/15 at 1:16 pm

Oil companies will need $500 billion during the next five years for debt repayments:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-08-26/oil-industry-needs-to-find-half-a-trillion-dollars-to-survive

Written By: Howard on 09/10/15 at 2:34 pm

That does exist today, they are called road signs.

touchable road signs.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/10/15 at 2:35 pm

touchable road signs.
How can you touch a road sign that is up 20ft high?

Written By: Howard on 09/10/15 at 2:36 pm

Segways without handles?

but you need handles.

Written By: Howard on 09/10/15 at 2:37 pm

How can you touch a road sign that is up 20ft high?

maybe they can lower them?

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/10/15 at 2:37 pm

maybe they can lower them?
How about high side vehicles?

Written By: Howard on 09/10/15 at 2:38 pm

http://technology.inquirer.net/files/2015/06/japan759.jpg

Japanese Robots

Written By: Howard on 09/10/15 at 2:38 pm

How about high side vehicles?

That would be a good idea.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/10/15 at 2:45 pm

That would be a good idea.
Not if it crashes inot the road signs?

Written By: Howard on 09/10/15 at 3:44 pm

Not if it crashes into the road signs?

That will be taking care of.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/11/15 at 7:28 am

That will be taking care of.
By the insurers?

Written By: Howard on 09/11/15 at 7:31 am

By the insurers?

I sure hope so.

Written By: Howard on 09/11/15 at 7:31 am

http://www.digitalsignagetoday.com/static_media/filer_public_thumbnails/filer_public/ef/d5/efd5e328-a9ca-42c1-9feb-64d543eafed4/omnivex-outside-the-box-640.jpg__640x360_q85_crop.jpg

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/11/15 at 7:36 am

http://www.digitalsignagetoday.com/static_media/filer_public_thumbnails/filer_public/ef/d5/efd5e328-a9ca-42c1-9feb-64d543eafed4/omnivex-outside-the-box-640.jpg__640x360_q85_crop.jpg
Please explain this image?

Written By: Howard on 09/11/15 at 8:32 am

Please explain this image?

the woman is checking out her dress color and size on a computer image screen.

Written By: TheEarly90sGuy on 09/11/15 at 10:18 am

2020 will have more of these guys:

https://youdidgood.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/img_0635.jpg

https://latimesherocomplex.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/548631219_ae_4630_d71695127330d1471fbf024cdc57aa27.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/56/a5/8a/56a58ad5b28946cc74e0dd4edfc9d216.jpg

Written By: Howard on 09/11/15 at 4:33 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBjvqnKQsTI

Written By: Slim95 on 09/12/15 at 12:07 am

Lol 2020 is only 5 years away. Won't be anything like this video.

Written By: Howard on 09/12/15 at 8:23 am

Lol 2020 is only 5 years away. Won't be anything like this video.

I know, it's just their ideas.

Written By: 80sfan on 09/15/15 at 9:58 pm

Pet robots?  ???  ???

Written By: 80sfan on 09/15/15 at 10:03 pm

Maybe more like 2090, so 70+ years from now?  :o

Written By: 80sfan on 09/15/15 at 10:10 pm

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkfk_1fpnNT1rum3dS4Et-uSyRkfN-ndbmIri383CsIVuwYAW0

Robotic dogs??

Written By: 80sfan on 09/15/15 at 10:25 pm

Well, at least we'll be in a decade with an official name. Unlike the 00s and 10s.  :)

Written By: #Infinity on 09/16/15 at 12:36 am

Well, at least we'll be in a decade with an official name. Unlike the 00s and 10s.  :)

I still expect most people to refer to the upcoming decade as just the 2020s, since the 1920s have already claimed the "twenties" title.  Actually, more than ever before, people would have to rely on the "Roaring 20s" label to distinguish the latter from the former.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/16/15 at 5:50 am

I still expect most people to refer to the upcoming decade as just the 2020s, since the 1920s have already claimed the "twenties" title.  Actually, more than ever before, people would have to rely on the "Roaring 20s" label to distinguish the latter from the former.
The decade of perfect vision?

Written By: Mat1991 on 09/16/15 at 8:19 am

I've seen memes floating around Facebook that we should bring back "swing music and jazz attire" during the 2020s. I'm sure that will happen.  ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/16/15 at 8:22 am

http://d2ws0xxnnorfdo.cloudfront.net/meme/113164

Written By: 80sfan on 09/16/15 at 8:55 am

The 1920s will be a century ago.  :o

Written By: 80sfan on 09/16/15 at 8:57 am

I've seen memes floating around Facebook that we should bring back "swing music and jazz attire" during the 2020s. I'm sure that will happen.  ::)

Weird that they think that.  ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 09/16/15 at 8:57 am

She will turn 60 like in 2018 or something.

Written By: #Infinity on 09/16/15 at 11:16 am

The decade of perfect vision?

Haha, yep, that's exactly what I had in mind!  I figure a lot of people would consider the "20/20's" a cheesy nickname for the decade, but you still can't help but draw the comparison.

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 09/16/15 at 1:06 pm

Her daughter is 18! I could totally see her following in her mother's footsteps and becoming a musician in or around 2020

Written By: Howard on 09/16/15 at 3:03 pm

Pet robots?  ???  ???

Now that would be quite interesting.

Written By: Howard on 09/16/15 at 3:04 pm

Maybe more like 2090, so 70+ years from now?  :o

It's their version of what 5 years from now could look like.

Written By: Howard on 09/16/15 at 3:04 pm

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkfk_1fpnNT1rum3dS4Et-uSyRkfN-ndbmIri383CsIVuwYAW0

Robotic dogs??

What are they fed?

Written By: Howard on 09/16/15 at 3:07 pm

5 years from now Madonna will be 60.

http://worth1000.s3.amazonaws.com/submissions/921000/921117_0db0_1024x2000.jpg
;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/16/15 at 3:08 pm

5 years from now Madonna will be 60.

http://worth1000.s3.amazonaws.com/submissions/921000/921117_0db0_1024x2000.jpg
;D
5 years from now Madonna will be 62.

Written By: Howard on 09/16/15 at 3:08 pm

Her next tour will be Like A Surgeon tour. ;D

Written By: Howard on 09/16/15 at 3:09 pm

Her daughter is 18! I could totally see her following in her mother's footsteps and becoming a musician in or around 2020

just hoping she won't be doing risque things just like her Mother did 30 years ago.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/16/15 at 3:09 pm

Now that would be quite interesting.
Tamagotchi will make a come back?

Written By: Howard on 09/16/15 at 3:10 pm

5 years from now Madonna will be 62.

That's probably what she'll look like.

Written By: Howard on 09/16/15 at 3:11 pm

Tamagotchi will make a come back?

I'd like that to happen.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/16/15 at 3:12 pm

That's probably what she'll look like.
We can only guess at that, for anything could happen before then?

Written By: Howard on 09/16/15 at 4:19 pm

We can only guess at that, for anything could happen before then?

she could get plastic surgery.

Written By: mqg96 on 09/16/15 at 5:26 pm

It's crazy how when I started remembering things clearly how young Madonna still looked. Now 5 years from now she's starting to look like she's really aged a lot since then :o

Written By: Howard on 09/17/15 at 2:44 pm

It's crazy how when I started remembering things clearly how young Madonna still looked. Now 5 years from now she's starting to look like she's really aged a lot since then :o

and a lot of wrinkles.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/18/15 at 4:15 am

and a lot of wrinkles.
Only for some

Written By: Howard on 09/18/15 at 7:09 am

Only for some

She aged gracefully.

Written By: Slim95 on 09/20/15 at 12:35 am

I don't think people care about the 1920's to be honest. I think people will just call it the 20's and from now on that's how the decades will be called just like in the 1900's. Why say something that's longer when you could only use two syllables.

Written By: Slim95 on 09/20/15 at 12:36 am

I really hope music becomes very different in the 2020's. No more electronic junk, something very different we haven't heard in a long time.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/20/15 at 8:22 am

Levitating cars

For food we'll just take a hand full of pills and not have to bother with cooking

Floppy disks will be obsolete

Written By: Howard on 09/20/15 at 2:49 pm

I really hope music becomes very different in the 2020's. No more electronic junk, something very different we haven't heard in a long time.

something robotic sounding.

Written By: Howard on 09/20/15 at 2:50 pm

Levitating cars

For food we'll just take a hand full of pills and not have to bother with cooking

What about squeeze tubes?

Written By: #Infinity on 09/20/15 at 3:11 pm

You mean they haven't already been for the past decade?

Written By: mqg96 on 09/20/15 at 4:07 pm

LOL, floppy disks haven't been big since the very early Windows XP era.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/20/15 at 4:10 pm

What about squeeze tubes?

Yeah squeeze tubes will be big too.

Written By: bchris02 on 09/20/15 at 4:30 pm

Yeah floppy disks went the way of the dinosaur in the very early '00s when CD burners and flash drives became mainstream, and even then they had outlived their usefulness.  1.44 MB just wasn't enough space for anything in 2000, let alone 2020.

Written By: bchris02 on 09/20/15 at 4:33 pm

I don't think people care about the 1920's to be honest. I think people will just call it the 20's and from now on that's how the decades will be called just like in the 1900's. Why say something that's longer when you could only use two syllables.

Nostalgia for the "Gay Nineties" (1890s) didn't stop people from calling the 1990s simply the '90s.

At this point, the Roaring Twenties is pretty much in the history books with very few people still alive who were old enough to remember it.

Written By: #Infinity on 09/20/15 at 8:22 pm

Nostalgia for the "Gay Nineties" (1890s) didn't stop people from calling the 1990s simply the '90s.

At this point, the Roaring Twenties is pretty much in the history books with very few people still alive who were old enough to remember it.

But unlike the 1910s and earlier, the 1920s were bourgeoning with distinct media and cultural trends that fit neatly into a single decade.  The 20s were really the first decade during which popular media was a central part of everyday lives, thanks to the massive expansion of the film industry and the birth of celebrities like Louis Armstrong, Charlie Chaplin, and Al Jolson.  The framework for all modern decades, thus, was established by that point.  Nostalgia for the Gay Nineties, I believe, was due to the sweeping societal changes that took place during the Progressive Era of the 1900s and 1910s.  People simply wanted a return to normalcy, and the 1890s were simply the period most people still remembered by that point.  In reality, not only were the 1890s fairly indistinguishable from the rest of the Gilded Age and late Victorian Age, they were a time of significant hardship, due to a depression that rocked the middle of the decade, as well as terrible conditions for the farmers and factory workers who represented most of the Western World's population.

Written By: Emman on 09/20/15 at 9:21 pm

But unlike the 1910s and earlier, the 1920s were bourgeoning with distinct media and cultural trends that fit neatly into a single decade.  The 20s were really the first decade during which popular media was a central part of everyday lives, thanks to the massive expansion of the film industry and the birth of celebrities like Louis Armstrong, Charlie Chaplin, and Al Jolson.  The framework for all modern decades, thus, was established by that point.  Nostalgia for the Gay Nineties, I believe, was due to the sweeping societal changes that took place during the Progressive Era of the 1900s and 1910s.  People simply wanted a return to normalcy, and the 1890s were simply the period most people still remembered by that point.  In reality, not only were the 1890s fairly indistinguishable from the rest of the Gilded Age and late Victorian Age, they were a time of significant hardship, due to a depression that rocked the middle of the decade, as well as terrible conditions for the farmers and factory workers who represented most of the Western World's population.

The "Gay Nineties" were pretty distinct though, it was a time of bomb throwing anarchists, populist uprisings, "New Woman" feminism, mass immigration, labor riots, and imperialist war, the "mauve" decade was when Art Nouveau was in it's prime(which later inspired the psychedelia of the '60s), there was the bicycle fad and the Gibson Girl, Ragtime and vaudeville. All this social and cultural turbulence(which culminated in the assassination of President McKinley) is what lead to the progressive reforms and throwing off strict Victorian mores. 

Written By: Howard on 09/21/15 at 3:27 pm

That was about 5-10 years ago.

Written By: Howard on 09/21/15 at 3:28 pm

That's what we'll be eating through.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/21/15 at 3:28 pm

I recently found my old floppy disks, and I cannot do a thing with then now.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/21/15 at 3:29 pm

That's what we'll be eating through.
Like astronauts in space.

Written By: Slim95 on 09/21/15 at 4:00 pm

No that was around 15 years ago.

Written By: Paul on 09/21/15 at 4:03 pm

1920's music!

The Paul Whiteman resurrection begins now!

Written By: Howard on 09/21/15 at 4:14 pm

I recently found my old floppy disks, and I cannot do a thing with then now.

sell them?

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/21/15 at 4:14 pm

sell them?
...with the information still on them?

Written By: Howard on 09/21/15 at 4:19 pm

...with the information still on them?

you can always erase them.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/21/15 at 4:20 pm

you can always erase them.
How can I when I do not have the floppy disk section on my computer hard drive?

Written By: Paul on 09/21/15 at 4:35 pm

You can still get floppy disk readers - they're external devices that plug into your newfangled machine via the delights of USB.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/21/15 at 4:38 pm

You can still get floppy disk readers - they're external devices that plug into your newfangled machine via the delights of USB.
Splendid! But how much?

Written By: Paul on 09/21/15 at 5:04 pm

Splendid! But how much?

PC World do them for about £20, but doubtless you'll find some cheaper on ebay

Written By: bchris02 on 09/21/15 at 9:02 pm

1920's music!

The Paul Whiteman resurrection begins now!

Electro swing, a modern take on jazz-age music, attempted to break into the market in the early '10s but failed.  Likewise, there was a very short lived swing revival in the late 1990s but it left as fast as it arrived.  Unfortunately I think that kind of music is gone for good.  It's a shame, because electro swing shows there is a lot that can be done with it.  Most people though would rather listen to Ariana Grande.

Written By: Slim95 on 09/21/15 at 11:22 pm

Electro swing, a modern take on jazz-age music, attempted to break into the market in the early '10s but failed.  Likewise, there was a very short lived swing revival in the late 1990s but it left as fast as it arrived.  Unfortunately I think that kind of music is gone for good.  It's a shame, because electro swing shows there is a lot that can be done with it.  Most people though would rather listen to Ariana Grande.

That would be cool. Seems like a nice and fresh genre. I could actually picture the 2020's having electro swing as mainstream music oddly enough. But who knows what will come.

Written By: bchris02 on 09/22/15 at 12:22 am

That would be cool. Seems like a nice and fresh genre. I could actually picture the 2020's having electro swing as mainstream music oddly enough. But who knows what will come.

It seems like all of the interesting alternative genres of the early '10s..most notably electro swing and dubstep, were quickly pushed out of the way in favor of bubblegum pop.  That's the real problem with Top 40 today and it could continue to get worse as we get further and further into the Internet age.  More than ever before, Top 40 has to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/22/15 at 5:43 am

And on a separate note, I wonder when the 2020s board will go live?
Ii saw someone using these last Sunday, the person on them looked so uncomfortable, and for at that speed, it is much quicker using your legs by walking.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/22/15 at 5:43 am

Ii saw someone using these last Sunday, the person on them looked so uncomfortable, and for at that speed, it is much quicker using your legs by walking.
..and you get exercise too!

Written By: KatanaChick on 09/22/15 at 6:42 am

People fall over backwards trying to ride them. Why not just learn to use a skateboard? At least that doesn't look stupid.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/22/15 at 6:48 am

People fall over backwards trying to ride them. Why not just learn to use a skateboard? At least that doesn't look stupid.
You can still fall of a skateboard?

Written By: Howard on 09/22/15 at 2:31 pm

you would need a good balance using that.

Written By: Howard on 09/22/15 at 2:32 pm

You can still fall of a skateboard?

Yes you can.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/22/15 at 2:33 pm

you would need a good balance using that.
The person I saw had no balance.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/22/15 at 2:33 pm

Yes you can.
To be seen on YouTube?

Written By: Howard on 09/22/15 at 2:33 pm

http://freecomputerknowledge.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/computer-advances-in-technologyinformation-and-computing-technology---ub-2020--university-at-w8mofwpz.jpg

Written By: Howard on 09/22/15 at 2:34 pm

To be seen on YouTube?

I think so.

Written By: Arrowstone on 09/23/15 at 3:48 am

4 years, 3 months and a week or so to go! That's not far future anymore  :D

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 09/23/15 at 7:47 pm

John Kasich defeats Hillary Rodham Clinton to become the 46th president.

I just don't see three Bush presidents. Especially with Jeb being so uninspiring.  He makes W look like Reagan. I'm not even sure he'll be the nominee. It could be Rubio. I think Hillary would fairly comfortably defeat Jeb. A Narrow win against Rubio.

Hillary's presidency will be pretty similar to Bush 41.

Kasich will be the republican Bill Clinton: Moderate hero.

Written By: Howard on 09/24/15 at 2:43 pm

http://psipunk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/future-car-street-legal-reality-of-2020-03.jpg
a spherical car

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/26/15 at 2:53 pm

http://psipunk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/future-car-street-legal-reality-of-2020-03.jpg
a spherical car
Where are the brakes?

Written By: Howard on 09/26/15 at 5:48 pm

Where are the brakes?

I'm guessing the brakes would be on the floor?

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/27/15 at 1:28 pm

a spherical car
Also, who is driving?

Written By: Howard on 09/27/15 at 1:33 pm

Also, who is driving?

someone must be driving, unless the car could drive itself? ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/27/15 at 1:35 pm

someone must be driving, unless the car could drive itself? ???
Pre-programmed?

Written By: Howard on 09/27/15 at 1:36 pm

http://cdn1.matadornetwork.com/blogs/1/2012/05/General-Motors-Driverless-Cars-Concpet-in-2020.jpg

Driver-less cars in 2020.

Written By: Howard on 09/27/15 at 1:37 pm

Pre-programmed?

It can be programmed.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/28/15 at 5:59 am

http://cdn1.matadornetwork.com/blogs/1/2012/05/General-Motors-Driverless-Cars-Concpet-in-2020.jpg

Driver-less cars in 2020.
Where do you put the luggage?

Written By: Howard on 09/28/15 at 7:18 am

Where do you put the luggage?

That's a tough one, I'm not sure. ???

Written By: Howard on 09/28/15 at 7:24 am

http://www.futuretimeline.net/21stcentury/images/printed-electronics-2020s.jpg
A guy reading digital newspaper

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/28/15 at 7:28 am

http://www.futuretimeline.net/21stcentury/images/printed-electronics-2020s.jpg
A guy reading digital newspaper
Why still have a newspaper, when all can be read online?

Written By: Howard on 09/28/15 at 8:48 am

Why still have a newspaper, when all can be read online?

That's what one person might think 2020 could look like.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/28/15 at 9:29 am

That's what one person might think 2020 could look like.
Just the one person?

Written By: Howard on 09/28/15 at 3:16 pm

Just the one person?

I think they'll be no more paper deliveries and people will be reading the news via computer in 2020.

Written By: Howard on 09/28/15 at 3:28 pm

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/d8MlXw0zk64/maxresdefault.jpg

having client meetings via computer.↑

Written By: bchris02 on 09/28/15 at 4:29 pm

What will 2020 be like? People will be born and people will die.  All who are living will inhale and exhale.

Written By: TheEarly90sGuy on 09/28/15 at 9:45 pm

We'll see more inventions of the 20th century everywhere:

http://a.dilcdn.com/bl/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2015/05/X_145N039F_157687_68_A1_S-1536x864-406066243723.jpg

Pop culture institutions of the 2030s will start to pop up spontaneously.

Written By: Howard on 09/29/15 at 7:33 am

What will 2020 be like? People will be born and people will die.  All who are living will inhale and exhale.

That sums it up pretty nicely.

Written By: mqg96 on 10/02/15 at 4:21 pm

How about this!?

qlTA3rnpgzU

Written By: Howard on 10/03/15 at 7:28 am

How about this!?

qlTA3rnpgzU

that looks pretty interesting.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 10/03/15 at 10:16 am

How about this!?

qlTA3rnpgzU

If that actually happens, what will people try to do at night when the solar roadways are off?

Written By: Howard on 10/03/15 at 5:44 pm

If that actually happens, what will people try to do at night when the solar roadways are off?

maybe they'll use their headlights?

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/04/15 at 7:53 am

maybe they'll use their headlights?

Hey Howard, did you jump ship to Stop & Shop? ???

Written By: Arrowstone on 10/04/15 at 11:39 am

Some roads will have them, but we have MANY roads..

Written By: Howard on 10/04/15 at 2:38 pm

Hey Howard, did you jump ship to Stop & Shop? ???

You can ask me that in the Pathmark thread, I don't want to hijack. :)

Written By: Shemp97 on 11/04/15 at 2:03 pm

2020 internet predictions

"Where's my hover board!"

Written By: musicguy93 on 11/04/15 at 2:23 pm

It would be nice to have a hoverboard by then, but at the moment we're stuck with those lame segway boards.

Written By: Howard on 11/04/15 at 3:03 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB0CORT1k9w

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/04/15 at 6:04 pm

I bet people would just realize that the whole hoverboard thing was a hoax, especially in 2020.

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/08/18 at 7:03 am

I predict the year 2020 will be 2010's in everything but name alone. Everything that we have today will still very much be relevant in 2020. The music will not sound too different unless we get a significant shift in late 2018 or 2019 (which I doubt will happen) However, I do predict that apps like Snapchat and Instagram will start to fall out of favor. They'll still be popular in 2020, but they'll gradually decline and something else even better will start to replace it. It probably won't be until around 2025 when these apps are completely dead.

However, I predict 2029 will be a completely different world from 2020. By 2029, I predict self-driving cars will be everywhere and music will sound very different. The fashion will be different as well (although I'm not sure how it'll be) I predict the difference between 2020 and 2029 will be just as big as the difference between 1990 and 1999.

Written By: Slim95 on 03/08/18 at 9:13 am

I predict the difference between 2020 and 2029 will be just as big as the difference between 1990 and 1999.

I feel like it will be very hard to match the change from 1990 to 1999. I don't think we will ever get a technological invention as big as the internet ever again. I can't conceptualize anything bigger and more innovative than the internet.

Written By: bchris02 on 03/08/18 at 11:14 am

I predict the year 2020 will be 2010's in everything but name alone. Everything that we have today will still very much be relevant in 2020. The music will not sound too different unless we get a significant shift in late 2018 or 2019 (which I doubt will happen) However, I do predict that apps like Snapchat and Instagram will start to fall out of favor. They'll still be popular in 2020, but they'll gradually decline and something else even better will start to replace it. It probably won't be until around 2025 when these apps are completely dead.

However, I predict 2029 will be a completely different world from 2020. By 2029, I predict self-driving cars will be everywhere and music will sound very different. The fashion will be different as well (although I'm not sure how it'll be) I predict the difference between 2020 and 2029 will be just as big as the difference between 1990 and 1999.

I fully agree with this.  The '20s will ultimately be as different from the '10s as the '90s were from the '80s.  The next decade will be a very consequential decade for our society in many different ways.  I think the 2020 election is going to be a huge factor in determining the direction our society will go in the next decade.  I have a feeling it could be a very progressive decade or it could be like 1930s Germany.  I think in the future we will all look back at the '00s and the '10s as being more similar than different.

Written By: Slim95 on 03/08/18 at 1:16 pm

I fully agree with this.  The '20s will ultimately be as different from the '10s as the '90s were from the '80s.  The next decade will be a very consequential decade for our society in many different ways.  I think the 2020 election is going to be a huge factor in determining the direction our society will go in the next decade.  I have a feeling it could be a very progressive decade or it could be like 1930s Germany.  I think in the future we will all look back at the '00s and the '10s as being more similar than different.

How would you know the '20s will be even more different than the jump from the '80s to '90s?  ??? You can't accurately predict the future, no one can.

Written By: Dundee on 03/08/18 at 3:14 pm

«This new trend sucks, look how much better people were in 2015» memes are probably the only thing guaranteed to happen in the 2020s ;D

Written By: 2001 on 03/08/18 at 5:47 pm

I think 2019 and 2020 will be very changeful years. I don't care about music but in terms of technology and politics, a lot of things can change.

Written By: bchris02 on 03/08/18 at 6:28 pm

I think 2019 and 2020 will be very changeful years. I don't care about music but in terms of technology and politics, a lot of things can change.

I think music has potential to become a lot more niche in general over the next decade as the shift away from FM radio makes the concept of "Top 40" less relevant.  In terms of technology, I think the 2020s is going to be the decade of the self-driving car.  Most people now don't realize how much that will change society.  In terms of politics, a lot of it depends on Trump.  Do we see a backlash against him in 2020 or does he remain popular and get re-elected?  I think the direction our politics will go over the next decade depends on that.  If we can elect a Democrat, I think we have a good shot at seeing a lot of social justice causes achieved in the '20s.

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/08/18 at 6:32 pm

I think music has potential to become a lot more niche in general over the next decade as the shift away from FM radio makes the concept of "Top 40" less relevant.  In terms of technology, I think the 2020s is going to be the decade of the self-driving car.  Most people now don't realize how much that will change society.  In terms of politics, a lot of it depends on Trump.  Do we see a backlash against him in 2020 or does he remain popular and get re-elected?  I think the direction our politics will go over the next decade depends on that.  If we can elect a Democrat, I think we have a good shot at seeing a lot of social justice causes achieved in the '20s.

Honestly, I have a bad feeling Trump will win again in 2020. I mean, I didn't expect him to win the 2016 election yet here we are. :(

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/08/18 at 6:33 pm

Honestly, I have a bad feeling Trump will win again in 2020. I mean, I didn't expect him to win the 2016 election yet here we are. :(

#MAGA

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/08/18 at 6:40 pm

#MAGA

F*CK TRUMP

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/08/18 at 6:42 pm

F*CK TRUMP

Correction: F*ck the annoying orange
https://steemit-production-imageproxy-thumbnail.s3.amazonaws.com/U5dtQkmHRHuiXhF5Gc46QUxSWCRp8Vs_1680x8400

Written By: Wobo on 03/08/18 at 6:43 pm

This thread is Hostile.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/08/18 at 6:46 pm

https://steemit-production-imageproxy-thumbnail.s3.amazonaws.com/U5dtQkmHRHuiXhF5Gc46QUxSWCRp8Vs_1680x8400

True.

Written By: Wobo on 03/08/18 at 6:56 pm

I been knew he was going to win the election after looking at all the support he had.

Written By: Slim95 on 03/08/18 at 10:09 pm

Nothing will change society as much as the invention of the internet.

Written By: Dundee on 03/09/18 at 12:58 am

Stop it people!!!!!!!!!! Stop derailing this thread  >:(, lets go back to the original subject and talk instead about the year that's only 20 months removed from now and how futuristic it will look with flying cars, robots and holographs everywhere

Written By: Howard on 03/09/18 at 7:32 am

He looks more like a sunburned peach! ;D

Written By: ofkx on 03/09/18 at 9:51 am

If we go by what happened this and previous decades, then the 20s will have a lot of 2000s revival.
Also is it just me or are (famous) people looking slightly 70s recently?
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/sh0.08/s640x640/e35/c0.135.1080.1080/28153230_1433233990132342_2991525587308249088_n.jpg
(That's Sadie Sink from Stranger Things btw)

Written By: bchris02 on 03/09/18 at 11:15 am

If we go by what happened this and previous decades, then the 20s will have a lot of 2000s revival.
Also is it just me or are (famous) people looking slightly 70s recently?
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/sh0.08/s640x640/e35/c0.135.1080.1080/28153230_1433233990132342_2991525587308249088_n.jpg
(That's Sadie Sink from Stranger Things btw)

Have the 2000s really been gone long enough for a revival?  A lot of '00s fads lasted well into the '10s.  I would say in the grand scheme of things we still have echoes of the '00s with us today.  I hope we see something new and not a rehash of something so recent.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/09/18 at 11:16 am

Have the 2000s really been gone long enough for a revival?  A lot of '00s fads lasted well into the '10s.  I hope we see something new and not a rehash of something so recent.

I'm with you brother.

Written By: karen on 03/09/18 at 11:17 am

Stop it people!!!!!!!!!! Stop derailing this thread  >:(, lets go back to the original subject and talk instead about the year that's only 20 months removed from now and how futuristic it will look with flying cars, robots and holographs everywhere

Someone's going to be disappointed I feel

Written By: ofkx on 03/09/18 at 11:38 am

Have the 2000s really been gone long enough for a revival?  A lot of '00s fads lasted well into the '10s.  I would say in the grand scheme of things we still have echoes of the '00s with us today.  I hope we see something new and not a rehash of something so recent.

I agree, but all previous decades had some kind of revival, so the 20s are bound to have one or two.

Written By: Dundee on 03/09/18 at 12:05 pm

Imagine emo kids getting a movie in the 2020s like greasers did in the 70s  :D

wK63eUyk-iM

Written By: bchris02 on 03/09/18 at 12:14 pm

Imagine emo kids getting a movie in the 2020s like greasers did in the 70s  :D

wK63eUyk-iM

I don't know.  Emo seems too recent still considering it didn't go away completely until the early 2010s.  Maybe in the late 2020s but not yet.

Written By: ofkx on 03/09/18 at 12:27 pm

I don't know.  Emo seems too recent still considering it didn't go away completely until the early 2010s.  Maybe in the late 2020s but not yet.

Emo is still a thing now (but not nearly as popular though)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn7a9bN4nwU

Written By: Dundee on 03/09/18 at 12:40 pm

Why do you respond like I'm wanting it absolutely RIGHT NOW? Of course stuff like that will have to wait until culture gonna shift a second time, to that of the 2020s, and what were teenagers back then will be well into their thirties. Obviously

Written By: y2kkid92 on 03/09/18 at 2:46 pm

Millennial pop-culture ain't going no where EDM is a game changer and individuality will still be represented with homogeneous  blending of different styles into arty designs, non-artistic fancy ornamentation in clothing will be minimalist design   

Written By: Slim95 on 03/10/18 at 5:12 pm

I wonder if we're gonna have another mini era that will be the bridge between the 2010s and 2020s. Like a very unique era sort of like Y2K. Maybe 2019 - 2021, but at the moment it is not looking that way. There are zero signs of pop culture and music changing anytime soon at this point. We may have to endure this same culture all the way up until 2021. I did hope 2018 would be a transitional year but it's not looking that way at all.

Written By: Wobo on 03/10/18 at 11:02 pm

F*CK TRUMP

ee21xAWnBMg

Written By: HeyJealousy on 03/11/18 at 6:47 am

I wonder if we're gonna have another mini era that will be the bridge between the 2010s and 2020s. Like a very unique era sort of like Y2K. Maybe 2019 - 2021, but at the moment it is not looking that way. There are zero signs of pop culture and music changing anytime soon at this point. We may have to endure this same culture all the way up until 2021. I did hope 2018 would be a transitional year but it's not looking that way at all.

Don’t give up hope just yet.
We’re barely a fifth through with the year. So much can change in the next several months and if not, then a gradual transition in the next few years should unfold and it’s still a transition

Written By: Slim95 on 07/30/20 at 2:56 am

There is a few people on this message board who accurately predicted what would happen 7 years
in the future , can these people please come out now and give us your thoughts? And also the rest
of the inthe00s board please give me your precise thoughts based on rational forcasting.

Fashion is like 2015 except everyone is wearing masks now.

Music sounds like it's from the 1980s.

Movies? Well... There really aren't any movies out right now.

Foldable phones are out, there are a couple options for around $1500. But most people have not adopted to using them yet as it's still pretty expensive. Brick phones are still popular. But the bezels are much thinner than they were in 2015.

What will society be like in 2020? If I told you it would give it away.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 07/30/20 at 7:53 am

Life expectancy will rise past 100.
Computers will be invisible.
Books will be dead.
Your every move will be tracked. ...
World's population will reach 8 billion.
China will be the world's largest economy.
We'll have self-driving cars.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 08/01/20 at 3:59 pm

Its chaos, or simply peaceful chaos. It all started with Australia Fires, Kobe's Death, World War 3 near-triggeration, and most importantly, the BLM protests & riots along with the inevitable Coronavirus.

Coronavirus caused everyone to quarantine, the streets are loudly quiet, and all of a sudden, police brutality and riots.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/01/20 at 4:04 pm

Life expectancy will rise past 100.
Computers will be invisible.
Books will be dead.
Your every move will be tracked. ...
World's population will reach 8 billion.
China will be the world's largest economy.
We'll have self-driving cars.

Do we have all of these things in 2020?  ??? Books aren't completely dead and not every move is being tracked.

Written By: Howard on 08/02/20 at 8:00 am

Do we have all of these things in 2020?  ??? Books aren't completely dead and not every move is being tracked.

Slim, I got that from a website so don't base your information on that.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/02/20 at 8:25 am

I have found books to be useful, especially when the wi-fi goes down.

Written By: Howard on 08/02/20 at 1:49 pm

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020/07/world/2020-year-in-review-july/

And this is only the first half of 2020.

Written By: batfan2005 on 08/02/20 at 9:25 pm

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020/07/world/2020-year-in-review-july/

And this is only the first half of 2020.

Looks like the only positive news was the Space-X launch.

Written By: Howard on 08/03/20 at 7:33 am

Looks like the only positive news was the Space-X launch.

What else was positive this year except the bad news that happened most of the past 7 months?

Written By: Howard on 08/03/20 at 7:35 am

From August till December, what do you all think the rest of the year will bring?

Written By: Sman12 on 08/06/20 at 7:06 pm

From August till December, what do you all think the rest of the year will bring?

Maybe a nuclear war.  :P

Written By: Howard on 08/07/20 at 8:08 am

Maybe a nuclear war.  :P

Let's hope not!  ::)

Written By: goodbants on 08/22/20 at 5:35 pm

What else was positive this year except the bad news that happened most of the past 7 months?

Coronavirus results

Sorry for my edgy joke, just couldn’t help it.

Written By: batfan2005 on 08/22/20 at 5:55 pm

Looks like a bad hurricane season, and now California's fires might become like Australia's during their summer (our winter). The crime and violence is not getting better either. This year is cursed. Now the question is, will everything suddenly get better in 2021?

Written By: Howard on 08/23/20 at 1:16 pm

Coronavirus results

Sorry for my edgy joke, just couldn’t help it.

And that's at least some good news and it was at the end of March that the virus numbers skyrocketed. :o

Written By: Howard on 08/23/20 at 1:17 pm

Looks like a bad hurricane season, and now California's fires might become like Australia's during their summer (our winter). The crime and violence is not getting better either. This year is cursed. Now the question is, will everything suddenly get better in 2021?

I certainly hope so, there has to be some on the horizon.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/02/20 at 9:59 am

Still looking bleak, very bleak

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/02/20 at 10:22 am

Still looking bleak, very bleak

We must search out the joy in small, everyday places.   

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/02/20 at 11:45 am

We must search out the joy in small, everyday places.   

Bear and grin it, after a minute
All will turn sour, after an hour
All be so grey, after a day
Will be bleak, after a week
In the dump, after a month
All be in fear, after a year
To find joy and be groovy, settle down to a movie.

Written By: batfan2005 on 11/02/20 at 12:25 pm

Now we have less than 2 months to go, and the US and world is in another wave of the pandemic. Some places/countries going into another lockdown so it's like March all over again. I think this will be a sad Christmas, and I don't think 2021 will be much different.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/02/20 at 12:34 pm

Now we have less than 2 months to go, and the US and world is in another wave of the pandemic. Some places/countries going into another lockdown so it's like March all over again. I think this will be a sad Christmas, and I don't think 2021 will be much different.
It will be Christmas on Zoom?

Written By: Howard on 11/02/20 at 2:37 pm

Question is, What will 2021 look like?

Written By: Howard on 11/02/20 at 2:38 pm

It will be Christmas on Zoom?

Just as well as New Year's Eve too.  :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/02/20 at 2:39 pm

Times Square will be fenced off?

Written By: 2001 on 11/02/20 at 2:46 pm

New Year's won't be too bad if people are outside and standing apart/wearing masks. I expect Christmas to be a bloodbath though. The Halloween and Thanksgiving deaths haven't even filled up the morgues yet.  :-X

Written By: Howard on 11/03/20 at 7:09 am

Times Square will be fenced off?

I believe it will be.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/06/20 at 8:55 am

I believe it will be.
Also, the various celebratory locations in London.

Written By: Howard on 11/06/20 at 2:01 pm

Also, the various celebratory locations in London.

Maybe they figured it would be too jam packed to celebrate in Times Square.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/22/20 at 1:27 pm

Here's my predictions:

You got these things right.

Written By: Howard on 11/23/20 at 6:29 am

What should've 2020 have looked like, if we were to go back to January.

Written By: batfan2005 on 11/23/20 at 5:32 pm

You got these things right.

I saw that was from 5 years ago. Little did I forsee the Tokyo Olympics getting cancelled or a pandemic the scale like this. Trump was already talking about running, but I didn't think he'd actually get nominated and elected, and then ending the streak of two term presidents. Usher did release a few songs and there is a lot of rap, not so much "glam" but more like Meghan Thee Stallion and Cardi B. The aesthetics are similar to the Mid 2000's.

What should've 2020 have looked like, if we were to go back to January.

It should have looked more like 2004, a happy feel good year.

Written By: Howard on 11/24/20 at 8:10 am

I saw that was from 5 years ago. Little did I forsee the Tokyo Olympics getting cancelled or a pandemic the scale like this. Trump was already talking about running, but I didn't think he'd actually get nominated and elected, and then ending the streak of two term presidents. Usher did release a few songs and there is a lot of rap, not so much "glam" but more like Meghan Thee Stallion and Cardi B. The aesthetics are similar to the Mid 2000's.

It should have looked more like 2004, a happy feel good year.

I definitely agree with you.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/24/20 at 8:20 am

I have been wondering, with the aspect of social distancing, more animated films will be made.

Written By: batfan2005 on 11/24/20 at 9:04 am

I have been wondering, with the aspect of social distancing, more animated films will be made.

It's changing the way films are made and released period. Theatrical releases are going to be no longer relevant to pop culture, much like premieres of cable TV series. Movies released directly for streaming on Netflix, HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video, etc. are going to be more relevant.

Written By: Howard on 11/24/20 at 2:01 pm

It's changing the way films are made and released period. Theatrical releases are going to be no longer relevant to pop culture, much like premieres of cable TV series. Movies released directly for streaming on Netflix, HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video, etc. are going to be more relevant.

Now that movie theaters will go the way of the dinosaur cause I don't see theaters lasting much longer in the next few years I can see people just staying at home with their bottles of soda and popcorn bags and just enjoying films to watch on cable.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/24/20 at 7:31 pm

Now that movie theaters will go the way of the dinosaur cause I don't see theaters lasting much longer in the next few years I can see people just staying at home with their bottles of soda and popcorn bags and just enjoying films to watch on cable.

But Howard, nothing beats the experience of going to the movie theatres. They make good dates. They are also good hangout places to go with your friends or family.

Written By: 2001 on 11/24/20 at 7:40 pm

I don't see theatres going away either. I don't want to watch a new movie alone, seems unexciting.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/24/20 at 8:01 pm

I don't see theatres going away either. I don't want to watch a new movie alone, seems unexciting.

But Howard, nothing beats the experience of going to the movie theatres. They make good dates. They are also good hangout places to go with your friends or family.

Both of you are stating what you WANT, rather than the reality of things. Movie theaters are toast. I predicted at the very beginning that they wouldn't last the pandemic, and now they are closing a mile a minute. They were already on their last legs BEFORE the pandemic. This is just the last nail in the coffin. We live in an on demand culture. If new, first run movies stream at home people aren't going to drive to theaters, fight traffic, pay exorbitant prices, sitting through endless previews, and put up with loud obnoxious people who lack decorum talking, texting and being on their phones through the entire film. You said it yourself here, "good hangout places". "Hangout" doesn't sound like quietly watching the movie to me.

All this will also change the face of movies themselves. I don't know how the big "blockbusters" will play at home rather than on the big screen. Things may evolve back to more character driven movies. Fine with me. Enough of this superhero mindlessness that has held sway for far too long. What are we, babies?

Written By: Slim95 on 11/24/20 at 8:17 pm

Both of you are stating what you WANT, rather than the reality of things. Movie theaters are toast. I predicted at the very beginning that they wouldn't last the pandemic, and now they are closing a mile a minute. They were already on their last legs BEFORE the pandemic. This is just the last nail in the coffin. We live in an on demand culture. If new, first run movies stream at home people aren't going to drive to theaters, fight traffic, pay exorbitant prices, sitting through endless previews, and put up with loud obnoxious people who lack decorum talking, texting and being on their phones through the entire film. You said it yourself here, "good hangout places". "Hangout" doesn't sound like quietly watching the movie to me.

All this will also change the face of movies themselves. I don't know how the big "blockbusters" will play at home rather than on the big screen. Things may evolve back to more character driven movies. Fine with me. Enough of this superhero mindlessness that has held sway for far too long. What are we, babies?

There will always be a market for it since it's available. Just like you don't have to listen to the radio but the option is still around. I agree with you though they will probably decline and go the way of movie theatre drive-ins. Having said that, even if they will decline, I still predict there will be at least one or two movie theatres still operating in each city for those who want that option to make it more special to go out and see a movie. Even if it's a niche market, they can still make money off it.

Written By: batfan2005 on 11/24/20 at 8:44 pm

There will always be a market for it since it's available. Just like you don't have to listen to the radio but the option is still around. I agree with you though they will probably decline and go the way of movie theatre drive-ins. Having said that, even if they will decline, I still predict there will be at least one or two movie theatres still operating in each city for those who want that option to make it more special to go out and see a movie. Even if it's a niche market, they can still make money off it.

That's why I was saying it's like cable TV, which is still around. I used to not count a web series as a "real TV series" in regards to pop cultural highlights since it wasn't on a TV channel like FOX, CBS, NBC, ABC, etc. Now I can consider a Netflix original movie like Jingle Jangle as a popular 2020 film since it doesn't really have theatrical releases to compete with.

Written By: 2001 on 11/24/20 at 9:41 pm

I think the theatre-pocalypse is exagerrated tbh. All the movies have been delayed, that is a big reason why they're empty. Once the hits come the people will be back.

Netflix hiked their price to $20/mo. Throw in Disney+ and all the other streaming services and it quickly adds up. Unless you watch several hours of TV a day it is simply not worth the investment. I thought the point of cutting the cord was to save money? Even the theatres are cheaper. We're going back to square one. If you ask me, that's the bubble that's about to burst.

Written By: Howard on 11/25/20 at 7:40 am

Slim, I don't want to go the movies anymore, last time I believe I've been to one was when I was dating 14 years ago Her And I saw a film I forgot the name of it but it had Ellen Page and this was in 2006 and after that I don't think I've been to anymore theaters the price was too high and people got so annoying, at home I got Netflix, Hulu, Crackle and others so for me and My Father, there's no need to visit them.

Written By: Howard on 11/25/20 at 7:41 am

Do you see theaters being upgraded in the next couple of years? ???

Written By: 2001 on 11/25/20 at 9:36 am

Do you see theaters being upgraded in the next couple of years? ???

I think they already have. They have giant reclining seats nowadays. I remember before my butt used to get numb sitting for hours on uncomfortable seats. Now I can just lay down and watch.  8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/25/20 at 9:44 am

I think they already have. They have giant reclining seats nowadays. I remember before my butt used to get numb sitting for hours on uncomfortable seats. Now I can just lay down and watch.  8)
I have been on full reclining seats, ones that lift your feet off the floor.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/25/20 at 12:19 pm

They have reclining seats, self-serve butter stations, and Coca Cola Freestyle machines now.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/25/20 at 12:24 pm

They have reclining seats, self-serve butter stations, and Coca Cola Freestyle machines now.
All to be operated in the dark.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/25/20 at 1:17 pm

None of these tricks will work. Movie theaters are toast. What's a Coca Cola Freestyle machine?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/25/20 at 1:19 pm

None of these tricks will work. Movie theaters are toast. What's a Coca Cola Freestyle machine?
I would rather have fruit juice or water.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/25/20 at 1:26 pm

I don't bother with theatre food. Overpriced.
Just take a packet of biscuits in your pocket, and water.

Written By: 2001 on 11/25/20 at 1:27 pm

It's a drink mixer machine. I see them everywhere but I admit I've never tried them since I don't usually drink pop anyway. @Slim95 are they worth trying?  ???

Written By: Howard on 11/25/20 at 2:38 pm

Back then those seats were quite uncomfortable to sit.

Written By: Howard on 11/25/20 at 2:40 pm

That's pretty cool.

Written By: Howard on 11/25/20 at 2:41 pm

I would rather have fruit juice or water.

or a self serve machine instead of others serving me the drinks.

Written By: Howard on 11/25/20 at 2:42 pm

I don't bother with theatre food. Overpriced.

They're quite expensive.

Written By: Howard on 11/25/20 at 2:43 pm

Just take a packet of biscuits in your pocket, and water.

Or just carry a bag of snacks and hide them in your pocket and hopefully no one will notice.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/26/20 at 12:27 pm

It's a drink mixer machine. I see them everywhere but I admit I've never tried them since I don't usually drink pop anyway. @Slim95 are they worth trying?  ???

If these are what I think you are talking about they were very common in cafeterias in the 60s and 70s. You push the glass against a metal thing and it dispenses the drink. Dispenses ice too. I associate those far more with mid 20th century than today although places still have them. It may be my imagination, but drinks always tasted better from those machines. Maybe because they used syrup and seltzer water rather than drinks already made. And it would vary from place to place or from time to time. Sometimes the cola, for example, would be sweeter, sometimes less so, depending on how much syrup they used. At least that's the way it used to be. I have to admit I haven't used one of those in a long time.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/26/20 at 12:56 pm

Yes they're good. My favourite drink combo is the Fanta Peach.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/26/20 at 12:57 pm

If these are what I think you are talking about they were very common in cafeterias in the 60s and 70s. You push the glass against a metal thing and it dispenses the drink. Dispenses ice too. I associate those far more with mid 20th century than today although places still have them. It may be my imagination, but drinks always tasted better from those machines. Maybe because they used syrup and seltzer water rather than drinks already made. And it would vary from place to place or from time to time. Sometimes the cola, for example, would be sweeter, sometimes less so, depending on how much syrup they used. At least that's the way it used to be. I have to admit I haven't used one of those in a long time.

That's not what it is lol. It's a machine where you can mix flavours together with soda and it has a touchscreen and stuff like that. They were only around since the early 2010s I believe.

Written By: 2001 on 11/26/20 at 12:59 pm

I think what you're describing is an ordinary pop dispenser that every fast food place has.

I never used a Freestyle machine but I remember there was a lot of hype for one coming to my university in the early 2010s, so it's a fairly recent invention. It has a touchscreen, and you select what you want your drink to be made out of e.g. 1/2 cherry Coke, 1/4 strawberry Fanta, 1/8 root beer and so on and it will spit out that concoction. Or at least that's what I remember of it, I never used one myself so I might be wrong on some of the details.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/26/20 at 1:24 pm

That's not what it is lol. It's a machine where you can mix flavours together with soda and it has a touchscreen and stuff like that. They were only around since the early 2010s I believe.

I think what you're describing is an ordinary pop dispenser that every fast food place has.

I never used a Freestyle machine but I remember there was a lot of hype for one coming to my university in the early 2010s, so it's a fairly recent invention. It has a touchscreen, and you select what you want your drink to be made out of e.g. 1/2 cherry Coke, 1/4 strawberry Fanta, 1/8 root beer and so on and it will spit out that concoction. Or at least that's what I remember of it, I never used one myself so I might be wrong on some of the details.

Are you laughing at me for showing my age?  :D  A freestyle machine sounds ridiculous. Who wants to mix all that stuff together like mudpies? It sounds undrinkable. That drives me crazy about coffee places now too. Even Dunkin Donuts.  And let's not even mention Starbucks. Invariably some schmoo in front of me in line will be ordering "a squirt of this with a dash of that with a bit of this and two drops of that..." It all takes forever and who really needs all that? Please! I like to taste the coffee.

As an aside, yesterday in Dunkin Donuts the guy in front of me ordered a coffee with SEVEN sugars! I'm not kidding. Have a little coffee with your sugar why don't you.  8-P

Written By: karen on 11/26/20 at 1:31 pm

My son loved those freestyle drinks machine. He invented his own version at Subway - Sprite, Fanta with a dash of Mountain Dew.

Written By: Howard on 11/26/20 at 2:23 pm

Yes they're good. My favourite drink combo is the Fanta Peach.

I always liked Coke.

Written By: Howard on 11/26/20 at 2:24 pm

https://oukosher.org/content/uploads/2016/05/Coca-Cola-Freestyle-Machine.jpg

Written By: Howard on 11/26/20 at 2:27 pm

Are you laughing at me for showing my age?  :D  A freestyle machine sounds ridiculous. Who wants to mix all that stuff together like mudpies? It sounds undrinkable. That drives me crazy about coffee places now too. Even Dunkin Donuts.  And let's not even mention Starbucks. Invariably some schmoo in front of me in line will be ordering "a squirt of this with a dash of that with a bit of this and two drops of that..." It all takes forever and who really needs all that? Please! I like to taste the coffee.

As an aside, yesterday in Dunkin Donuts the guy in front of me ordered a coffee with SEVEN sugars! I'm not kidding. Have a little coffee with your sugar why don't you.  8-P

Hey, some people might like their coffee sweet, I know I do.

Written By: 2001 on 11/26/20 at 2:27 pm

There is a store at my office where the gimmick is that they have no staff. It has this coffee machine where you can mix and match different flavourings and beans and it will dispense that coffee. They have all the ingredients and machinery in visible display so it is quite intimidating.

I'm more of a tea person so I never tried it myself. Last I heard it broke and no one bothered to fix it. I'm not sure if it was a joke but it wouldn't surprise me.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 11/26/20 at 2:32 pm

Hey, some people might like their coffee sweet, I know I do.

I think there's a difference between "sweet" and SEVEN sugars. Do you take that many? I wonder how he even hit upon that seemingly random number. Did he experiment? Was six not enough?  Was eight  too many?

Written By: Howard on 11/26/20 at 3:01 pm

I think there's a difference between "sweet" and SEVEN sugars. Do you take that many? I wonder how he even hit upon that seemingly random number. Did he experiment? Was six not enough?  Was eight  too many?

I order my coffee at Burger King "light and sweet" and that would consist of 5 creamers and 5 sugars.

Written By: 2001 on 11/26/20 at 6:03 pm

I order my coffee at Burger King "light and sweet" and that would consist of 5 creamers and 5 sugars.

Wow! At Tim Hortons most people order a "double-double" (2 creams, 2 sugars), and I feel very self-conscious that people are judging me whenever I (rarely) order a triple-triple. I guess next time I should order a "sextuple-sextuple" guilt-free.

Written By: Slim95 on 11/26/20 at 9:04 pm

Wow! At Tim Hortons most people order a "double-double" (2 creams, 2 sugars), and I feel very self-conscious that people are judging me whenever I (rarely) order a triple-triple. I guess next time I should order a "sextuple-sextuple" guilt-free.

I can't even stomach a double double anymore, let alone 5x5. Back in the day the triple triple was my go-to. Then it transitioned to a double double and now I just like it regular, 1 cream and 1 sugar. The most I can do without it being too sweet is 2 cream 1 sugar. If it's good coffee, I prefer it black though.

Written By: Howard on 11/27/20 at 7:50 am

How do you drink your coffee? For me I like it light and sweet to give me a bit of some energy cause I get up after 3am on some morning shifts and I wait till Burger King opens up after 7am to get my coffee and sausage biscuit so that gives me some energy up until lunchtime.

Written By: Howard on 11/27/20 at 7:52 am

I can't even stomach a double double anymore, let alone 5x5. Back in the day the triple triple was my go-to. Then it transitioned to a double double and now I just like it regular, 1 cream and 1 sugar. The most I can do without it being too sweet is 2 cream 1 sugar. If it's good coffee, I prefer it black though.

I can't stand plain black coffee, it needs flavor. 8-P

Written By: Howard on 12/25/20 at 7:26 am

Now the question is "What did 2020 wind up looking like"?

Written By: batfan2005 on 12/26/20 at 8:13 am

Now the question is "What did 2020 wind up looking like"?

Like a word I can't say on here, lol. "Dumpster fire" seems to be a popular way to describe it.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/27/20 at 2:04 am

I can't stand plain black coffee, it needs flavor. 8-P

Come on Howard, black coffee is the best. If it's good coffee of course.

Written By: Howard on 12/27/20 at 7:36 am

Like a word I can't say on here, lol. "Dumpster fire" seems to be a popular way to describe it.

I know Batfan, this year sure was a "dumpster fire", just loads of depression.  :(

Written By: Howard on 12/27/20 at 7:36 am

Come on Howard, black coffee is the best. If it's good coffee of course.

black coffee is dreadful without sweetness.

Written By: karen on 12/27/20 at 5:32 pm

black coffee is dreadful without sweetness.

I think that’s what you meant to say

Written By: 2001 on 12/27/20 at 7:05 pm

I'm a Canadian but with British tea drinking habits ;D I cannot ish with coffee, except Tim Horton's iced coffee, which is 99% sugar.

Written By: Howard on 12/28/20 at 7:36 am

I just said that coffee black doesn't taste as good as coffee with sugar (or creamer).

Written By: Redhairkid on 12/28/20 at 9:46 am

Black is the only way to have coffee.

Written By: Howard on 12/28/20 at 1:31 pm

https://media.nbcnewyork.com/2019/09/nyc-AP_20001193158984.jpg?fit=1200%2C675
This is what 2020 looked like in January, remember when everyone got together and celebrated the new year?  :o

Check for new replies or respond here...