inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dreamworks 'to split with Disney'

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/03/15 at 10:56 am

Steven Spielberg's DreamWorks outfit is to end its distribution partnership with Disney next year, at least if reports from Hollywood to be believed.

The companies have been in cahoots since 2009, when Disney began distributing and marketing films emanating from the studio Spielberg founded with Jeffrey Katzenberg and David Geffen in 1994.

The current arrangement will reportedly not be extended beyond next August, after which DreamWorks looks likely to strike a new deal with Universal.

Spielberg's next two films - Cold War thriller Bridge of Spies (starring Tom Hanks, above) and his adaptation of Roald Dahl's The BFG - are set to be the last of his films to be released under the Disney mantle.

Subject: Re: Dreamworks 'to split with Disney'

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 09/03/15 at 10:58 am

Seems to me like an end of an era & the start of a new one! It will be interesting to see how these two companies battle it out within the next 5-10 years

Written By: Baltimoreian on 09/03/15 at 11:12 am

I thought Dreamworks hated Disney. Especially with having Shrek being a parody of all the fairy tales that everyone knows and making fun of Disney.

Written By: Step-chan on 09/04/15 at 5:38 pm

^

That and the fact that Farquaad was based off of someone from Disney(at least if I remember right).

Check for new replies or respond here...