inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Vampire Doc: A Place Among the Undead

Written By: snozberries on 10/06/15 at 12:51 pm

It hasn't been released because it's still in production but this will be the definitve documentary on Vampire Culture. fandom and lore (I'm not sure about the lore part... but I know for sure it will include the other elements)...

At any rate Juliet Landau (Drusilla on Buffy & Angel) is producing and directing this documentary. 

She has already interviewed the man himself Joss Whedon!
Gary Oldman
Anne Rice
Robert Patrick
Tim Burton
Willem Dafoe
Charlaine Harris

and a bunch of other people. . .

There will be a trailer available soon on youtube but first she wants to reveal it at an event she is hosting in Burbank on October 17th.  It's a free event so if any of you reading this are in the LA area you should check it out. PM me for details.

At any rate. Im super excited about this project and thought since some of you are horror enthusiats you may want to follow this as well.

Full disclosure there will be an indegogo campaign starting 10/20 because she still has lots more to do on the film and needs to fund distribution etc...  anyway... I will let you know when it gets closer to the date for release and update those interested along the way.

Any questions for Juliet about the film ask away and I will get them answered for you... but if you follow her on twitter or fb you can more than likely get them answered yourself cuz she's cool like that!

Subject: Re: Vampire Doc: A Place Among the Undead

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/07/15 at 7:45 pm

Any questions for Juliet about the film ask away and I will get them answered for you...

So how do the sparkly ones fit into it, and how has Stephenie's lame fanfic affected the whole scene? (Just kidding, don't ask that, and fans of the genre have my apologies...)

Written By: snozberries on 10/07/15 at 9:42 pm

So how do the sparkly ones fit into it, and how has Stephenie's lame fanfic affected the whole scene? (Just kidding, don't ask that, and fans of the genre have my apologies...)

Yeah we don't talk about the atrocity that is twilight. I hope like hell she doesn't mention it in the doc but I don't know for sure. I'll have to wait til it's released to find out.

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/08/15 at 12:25 am

I hope like hell she doesn't mention it in the doc but I don't know for sure. I'll have to wait til it's released to find out.

Just discreetly ask if they managed to avoid mentioning That Which Should Not Be Named (implying strongly that it has no place in such a documentary except, maybe, to be cited as What Not To Do) and you'll probably have made a friend.

Written By: snozberries on 10/08/15 at 12:46 am

Just discreetly ask if they managed to avoid mentioning That Which Should Not Be Named (implying strongly that it has no place in such a documentary except, maybe, to be cited as What Not To Do) and you'll probably have made a friend.

We're already friends  :)

Ha ha. I think I'll wait till the panel on the 27th and get someone else to mention it. Lol

Check for new replies or respond here...