inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: R I P Social Media

Written By: the2001 on 11/03/15 at 9:28 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyI2Sugw6Yc

Subject: Re: R I P Social Media

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/03/15 at 10:31 am

I still see tons of people on the Internet going on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Snapchat and the list goes on and on.

Written By: the2001 on 11/03/15 at 10:55 am

I still see tons of people on the Internet going on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Snapchat and the list goes on and on.

The video is for sparking the idea that social media is now just a business which is true, in the video
its an example that people think LIKEs on social media  = real life likes

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/03/15 at 11:05 am

THIS site is Social Media.

Cat

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/03/15 at 11:12 am

The video is for sparking the idea that social media is now just a business which is true, in the video
its an example that people think LIKEs on social media  = real life likes

Every website is a business.

Written By: mqg96 on 11/03/15 at 1:17 pm

WoAh! Just unbelievable, but not surprising.

Written By: Howard on 11/03/15 at 2:48 pm

I see the same thing every day too, social media is now a way of life.

Written By: Howard on 11/03/15 at 2:49 pm

THIS site is Social Media.

Cat

Exactly, we chat on here every day.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/03/15 at 5:38 pm

Social media is going the way of the dodo bird and spats.  It's yesterday's bagels.  :P

Written By: Howard on 11/04/15 at 7:10 am

Social media is going the way of the dodo bird and spats.  It's yesterday's bagels.  :P

So how would we communicate with each other? ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/04/15 at 9:07 am

Smoke signals.

Cat

Written By: musicguy93 on 11/04/15 at 2:32 pm

While I don't think this video marks the death of social media as a whole, I do think it brings a good point about our current obsession with social media. It also helps that the girl is apart of the current generation as opposed to someone older, because younger people will be more likely to listen and trust what she is saying. If it were someone who was older, most young people would probably brush it off as them being "too old" to understand. While I do think social media is here to stay, I do not think our obsession with it, will last forever.

Written By: Howard on 11/04/15 at 2:52 pm

Smoke signals.

Cat

That's the most silliest idea, we're not Indians.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 11/04/15 at 2:54 pm

I think we need to communicate now more than ever, who else besides our parents where we can vent our every day frustrations to?

Written By: whistledog on 11/04/15 at 11:55 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyI2Sugw6Yc

R.I.P. R.I.P. topics?

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/05/15 at 3:21 am

By hanging out at the malt shop.

Written By: Howard on 11/05/15 at 3:23 pm

By hanging out at the malt shop.

there are no more malt shops.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/05/15 at 5:17 pm

That's the most silliest idea, we're not Indians.  ::)

Some of us are Indians. And why would you say it was a silly idea? I thought it was a cleaver idea.  ;) :D :D :D :D

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/05/15 at 5:56 pm

there are no more malt shops.

Starbucks and Panera are today's malt shop equivalent.

Written By: Howard on 11/06/15 at 3:10 pm

Some of us are Indians. And why would you say it was a silly idea? I thought it was a cleaver idea.  ;) :D :D :D :D

Cat

Cause I don't know how to do a smoke signal.

Written By: Howard on 11/06/15 at 3:11 pm

Starbucks and Panera are today's malt shop equivalent.

Yes you can probably call them modern day malt shops built with WI-fi.

Written By: KatanaChick on 11/10/15 at 3:30 am

While I don't think this video marks the death of social media as a whole, I do think it brings a good point about our current obsession with social media. It also helps that the girl is apart of the current generation as opposed to someone older, because younger people will be more likely to listen and trust what she is saying. If it were someone who was older, most young people would probably brush it off as them being "too old" to understand. While I do think social media is here to stay, I do not think our obsession with it, will last forever.

I hope the obsession with social media won't last forever! It would be exhausting to have a Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Vine, Snapchat, Ask.FM and keep up with all of them! It all has to wear itself out some time. Back in the day it was just one major social media form that eventually overtook another. MySpace was a big deal that overtook personal web journals, and then Facebook replaced MySpace. Now there are too many things happening.

Written By: Howard on 11/10/15 at 2:48 pm

I hope the obsession with social media won't last forever! It would be exhausting to have a Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Vine, Snapchat, Ask.FM and keep up with all of them! It all has to wear itself out some time. Back in the day it was just one major social media form that eventually overtook another. MySpace was a big deal that overtook personal web journals, and then Facebook replaced MySpace. Now there are too many things happening.

What's wrong with having social media?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/10/15 at 4:33 pm

As long as we have the Internet, it seems to me, we will have social media.  They say Facebook is dying, but my newsfeed is always more active than I can possibly follow.  I just returned to inthe00s because Cat asked me to come back.  I'm glad it's still here.  I missed it.  If ChuckyG shut the place down ten years ago because he heard MySpace was going to take over everything...well, where would we be?  Social media doesn't seem to be dying.  Social media companies say other social media companies are dying so you'll go to their social media and buy their products.  Or have I missed something?  ???

Written By: Howard on 11/11/15 at 3:39 pm

I just returned to inthe00s because Cat asked me to come back.  I'm glad it's still here.  I missed it.

glad to see you returned Max. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...