inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Androgynous fashion in the 2010s

Written By: wixness on 11/03/15 at 1:42 pm

I've noticed that androgynous fashion seemed to be big around the 1970s and probably the 1980s. Some examples I can think of are the short shorts worn by men over these decades, and the longer hair as well. Subjectively, it could be seen as something that was "in" among the youth in the 2000s as well with the scene look, when guys were adorned as much as girls were with accessories and/or hair dye or whatever. The guys also wore somewhat long hair. So far, I've noticed that fashion in the 2010s seems to have departed from this direction, and paradoxically, this decade is much more socially progressive than the decade before i.e. being more accepting of LGBT and other gender non-conforming individuals. Admittedly, the paradox annoys me a little, but that's another topic (or I can discuss this in the thread).

I'm just wondering what you guys have seen so far this decade pertaining to this.

Subject: Re: Androgynous fashion in the 2010s

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/04/15 at 9:10 pm

Where I come from, men are men and women are women.  None of this limp-wristed "androgenous" stuff. You either have 'nads or you don't.

Check for new replies or respond here...