inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Do you think rock will eventually become popular again?

Written By: musicguy93 on 11/07/15 at 11:12 pm

I think it will. Not anytime soon, but perhaps by the next decade, like 2021. Everyone says "rock is dead", but they don't realize that all it takes is for one great band to change everything. I hope what happens in 2021 could be similar to what happened in 1991 with grunge. Personally I think anyone who thinks rock is dead is pretty ignorant. It's just in a state of dormancy, since it doesn't fit with the current wave of popular music. However, once this current wave is over, pretty much anything can happen. The future isn't set in stone. There is still a possibility for rock to become popular again. What do you guys think?

Subject: Re: Do you think rock will eventually become popular again?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/07/15 at 11:19 pm

I hope so. I love rock music. Don't let my current musical situation fool you. I love hard rock, death metal, and even am rock, all kinds of rock music.  It's appeals to the aggressive nature in me.

Written By: #Infinity on 11/08/15 at 1:51 am

There are still a lot of independent bands and musicians who play with drums and guitars instead of synthesizer machines, so it's definitely possible for genuine rock to return in some form, but my guess is that it will still sound completely unconventional compared to the type of rock coming out in the 2000s.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 11/08/15 at 10:47 am

I wish it was popular again.

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/08/15 at 12:28 pm

To me, Rock will always be popular. There are too many indie acts and unsigned bands for Rock to lose its power. I don't believe any genre of music will die off until the world ends. Ever a genre people agreeably hate like disco and opera is popular to some group of listeners.

Written By: Howard on 11/08/15 at 2:38 pm

I always liked classic rock from the 80's, that was my favorite era for music.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/06/17 at 9:48 pm

After hearing a few songs with Rock elements, I think it could make a comeback; however, it might take another for it to explode back into the mainstream.

Written By: 2001 on 10/06/17 at 10:00 pm

I hope so. I love rock music. Don't let my current musical situation fool you. I love hard rock, death metal, and even am rock, all kinds of rock music.  It's appeals to the aggressive nature in me.

I remember you said you had a punk rock phase, listening to Avril Lavigne. Me too. ;D

Written By: annimal on 10/06/17 at 10:04 pm

I'm definitely a rocker.  With all the wonderful  ::)  needs to update everything all the time, who knows when rock will be back

Written By: mxcrashxm on 10/06/17 at 10:21 pm

Me too. ;D
Me 3! What bands/artists did you listen to?

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 10/07/17 at 2:37 am

After hearing a few songs with Rock elements, I think it could make a comeback; however, it might take another for it to explode back into the mainstream.

Rock albums have been performing well on the Billboard 200 recently as well.

There definitely seems to be a renewed interest in rock. I saw a new TV commercial from an electronic store a couple of minutes ago and the company promoted albums by bands such as "Rage Against The Machine" and "Silverchair". Also, they have introduced a new slogan, which is "JB HI FI: Your rocking again!" JB Hi FI isn't just a rock store either. It's an electronics store, so you can buy consoles, home entertainment systems, accessories etc. Most of their commercials are generic.

It may not seem significant, but I think it is, because it's showing that there are still a lot of people who are seeking out rock music. My point being that there have been a few subtle hints which suggest a possible return of rock at some point.

Check for new replies or respond here...