inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New Friday The 13th Series Coming to the CW

Written By: Ripley on 11/18/15 at 8:00 am

http://www.fridaythe13thfranchise.com/2015/08/friday-13th-television-officially.html

Am I for this?  No.  First of all, they did this with Scream.  Even with Wes being a part of it the show was nothing special to me.  It was like a team drama with a bit of gore.  Predictable too.  Second, there was another series a long time ago.  It had nothing to do with the movies they just stole the name.  So I can disregard it but I just feel there would be a curse on any other series attempts because of it.  Third, this whole movie reboots into television series thing is getting old.  Heck reboot in silver screen form are overdone enough. Maybe it will be decent.  But another thing I might add.  How many CW series in the last couple years have been canceled in no time?  It looks like Scream Queens is doing alright but thanks to Ms. Jamie Lee Curtis being a part of it I bet.  This is a rant I guess.  I don't know if I will watch the pilot or not.  I might out of curiosity.  But every time I hear the word reboot I get irritated.

Subject: Re: New Friday The 13th Series Coming to the CW

Written By: snozberries on 11/18/15 at 11:02 am

Hopefully its better than MTVs lame attempt at Scream. I think there were two good eps in scream and only two likeable character.  Well three likeable characters but they killed one of them off.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/18/15 at 12:14 pm

I used to watch the old Friday: The 13th series in reruns on Syfy (when it was SCI-FI) I used to wish I was Robey with the red hair. LOL. It was a great show. My favorite episode was this one where this guy was obsessed with a singer--Played by Vanity before she went cuckoo--and literally took over her body!

I hope the CW does the series justice. But all these remakes make me sad that no one has an original thought in their heads anymore.  :(

Written By: Howard on 11/18/15 at 3:02 pm

When will it air?

Written By: Ripley on 11/21/15 at 10:25 am

I hope the CW does the series justice. But all these remakes make me sad that no one has an original thought in their heads anymore.  :(

Sad I know.  Even some writers that are good at what they do revert to this now.

Written By: Ripley on 11/21/15 at 10:25 am

When will it air?

Next year sometime.  I will look into more.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/21/15 at 10:46 am

I reckon I'll give it a peek, because I do like sci-fi/supernatural sorts of things. I at least hope they cast a redhead for Mickie.

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/15 at 12:17 pm

Sad I know.  Even some writers that are good at what they do revert to this now.

Unfortunately the writers aren't the decision makers.

The decision makers don't want to take risks so they spend money on what think is a tried and true sure thing. Remaking something that made money will be sure to make them some money. Making something exciting unique and new will "fail" because no one has seen it before so it'll not draw the crowd they want

I hate the current Hollywood mentality and hope they crush it soon

Right now all the 80s babies/90s teens seem to be in charge so they are making decisions that live heavily in nostalgia. Hence the massive influx of remakes from popular franchises 20-30 yrs ago.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 11/21/15 at 1:38 pm

Unfortunately the writers aren't the decision makers.

The decision makers don't want to take risks so they spend money on what think is a tried and true sure thing. Remaking something that made money will be sure to make them some money. Making something exciting unique and new will "fail" because no one has seen it before so it'll not draw the crowd they want

I hate the current Hollywood mentality and hope they crush it soon

Right now all the 80s babies/90s teens seem to be in charge so they are making decisions that live heavily in nostalgia. Hence the massive influx of remakes from popular franchises 20-30 yrs ago.

After all the damn flops I've seen as of late, someone needs to put that idea to bed.

Check for new replies or respond here...