inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: First half of 2015 feels different than Last Half

Written By: the2001 on 12/05/15 at 6:48 pm

I dont know if its the terrorist attacks that now happen daily (hopefully it stops) or if its because everyone is on edge,
but 2015 feels like a split year.

What do you think?

Subject: Re: First half of 2015 feels different than Last Half

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 12/05/15 at 6:53 pm

Disagree! 2014 now THAT felt like a split year, but not 2015. The whole year feels the same to me.

Written By: the2001 on 12/05/15 at 6:58 pm

Disagree! 2014 now THAT felt like a split year, but not 2015. The whole year feels the same to me.

Why did 2014 feel different to you?
to me 2014 feels like a whole year in itself tbh.

Written By: #Infinity on 12/05/15 at 7:25 pm

It's all been really samey since like winter 2013/2014.  The only real distinction from my perspective is the Election Season.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/05/15 at 7:27 pm

January to July felt the same. August to now feels a little different.

Written By: the2001 on 12/05/15 at 7:29 pm

January to July felt the same. August to now feels a little different.

is it because of what I mentioned or something else?

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 12/05/15 at 7:30 pm

Why did 2014 feel different to you?
to me 2014 feels like a whole year in itself tbh.

Because the first half of the year was filled with a little more optimism and a slightly happier feel... compared to the later half of that year. That's when the ''new'' civil rights resurgence really got rolling with the Mike Brown and Eric Garner killings, protests,uncertainty and a less optimistic feel. Now musically amd culturally the year did felt the same as a whole, but politically and lifestyle wise there was definitely a different feeling.

Also I'm a bit biased since I started College that year too! ;D

Written By: mqg96 on 12/05/15 at 7:38 pm

Because the first half of the year was filled with a little more optimism and a slightly happier feel... compared to the later half of that year. That's when the ''new'' civil rights resurgence really got rolling with the Mike Brown and Eric Garner killings, protests,uncertainty and a less optimistic feel. Now musically amd culturally the year did felt the same as a whole, but politically and lifestyle wise there was definitely a different feeling.

Also I'm a bit biased since I started College that year too! ;D

Ahhhh, I see EXACTLY what you're saying now. That makes complete since, and this trend has continued throughout 2015 but even more rapidly. Which has been a huge part of mid 2010's culture. One could argue that the Trayvon Martin case with Zimmerman was slowly the start of that influence, and the trial did occur back in 2013.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 12/05/15 at 7:48 pm

Ahhhh, I see EXACTLY what you're saying now. That makes complete since, and this trend has continued throughout 2015 but even more rapidly. Which has been a huge part of mid 2010's culture. One could argue that the Trayvon Martin case with Zimmerman was slowly the start of that influence, and the trial did occur back in 2013.

Yup and in my honest opinion the 2013-14 school year was a transitional one just like the 1997-98 school year was. Transitioning from the early 10s to the mid 10s culture. That latter half of 2014 just feels like that was the REAL beginning of the mid 2010s.

Written By: mqg96 on 12/05/15 at 8:25 pm

Yup and in my honest opinion the 2013-14 school year was a transitional one just like the 1997-98 school year was. Transitioning from the early 10s to the mid 10s culture. That latter half of 2014 just feels like that was the REAL beginning of the mid 2010s.

Personally I think the transition from early 2010's to mid 2010's culture was the 2012-2013 school year, and the mid 2010's was in full effect by late 2013, that's just me, but I respect your opinion though.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/05/15 at 9:21 pm

I know what you mean. It almost feels like 2016.  :D

Written By: Mat1991 on 12/05/15 at 9:55 pm

Politically and socially, 2015 feels like one long, continuous year, full of social and political tension.

For me personally, 2015 kind of felt like a split year. I was having mood swings and some of the worst depression I've had from January straight 'til May or June. My grades suffered, I failed two classes, and I'm now on academic probation as a result.

The good news is that my mood has become more balanced since then and my grades have been improving.

Written By: #Infinity on 12/06/15 at 1:15 am

Personally I think the transition from early 2010's to mid 2010's culture was the 2012-2013 school year, and the mid 2010's was in full effect by late 2013, that's just me, but I respect your opinion though.

Yeah, the transition into the mid 2010s was more during the 2012-2013 school year.  I also strongly disagree with the 1997-1998 school year being transitional.  Late 90s culture was already in full force by the autumn of 1997, and the only leftover mid 90s culture (i.e., the last few episodes of Beavis & Butthead and Aaahh!!! Real Monsters) was isolated and fairly irrelevant by that point.  1996-1997 was the true transitional period between the mid and late 90s, but even 1998-1999 had much more of a shift than 1997-1998 did.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/06/15 at 1:23 am

is it because of what I mentioned or something else?

I felt that the year became more intense later in the year, with the protests and stuff.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/06/15 at 1:25 am

Politically and socially, 2015 feels like one long, continuous year, full of social and political tension.

For me personally, 2015 kind of felt like a split year. I was having mood swings and some of the worst depression I've had from January straight 'til May or June. My grades suffered, I failed two classes, and I'm now on academic probation as a result.

The good news is that my mood has become more balanced since then and my grades have been improving.

Good luck. Plus, I'm sure you have more social support than I did, in real life I mean. On this site, many have showed their kindness/support to me.

Written By: musicguy93 on 12/06/15 at 1:31 am

Let's just hope 2016 is a better year, though it probably won't be much different from 2014-2015.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 12/06/15 at 1:33 am

Yeah, the transition into the mid 2010s was more during the 2012-2013 school year.  I also strongly disagree with the 1997-1998 school year being transitional.  Late 90s culture was already in full force by the autumn of 1997, and the only leftover mid 90s culture (i.e., the last few episodes of Beavis & Butthead and Aaahh!!! Real Monsters) was isolated and fairly irrelevant by that point. 1996-1997 was the true transitional period between the mid and late 90s, but even 1998-1999 had much more of a shift than 1997-1998 did.

Well,the reason I wrote what I wrote earlier was because the 1997-98 school year was the last of Michael Jordan's bulls dynasty, The golden age of the Simpsons, Seinfeld, Nick's golden age, Family Matters& Step by Step ended, Beavis and Butthead, Ahh Real Monsters also ended, WCW was still kicking WWF's ass in the ratings war, East Coast hip hop was still ruling the charts.South Park premiered,teen pop started to become popular, and shows such as The Practice,Oz, King of the Hill, Ally McBeal debuted. 1996-97 was still very much core 90s, with some minor late 90s characteristics coming in.
2013-14 school year politically speaking feels A LOT different than it does today. Regarding what's been going on since late 2014. But I guess musically nothing's changed that much.

Written By: mqg96 on 12/06/15 at 1:40 am

2013-14 school year politically speaking feels A LOT different than it does today. Regarding what's been going on since late 2014. But I guess musically nothing's changed that much.

Political wise in terms of all the controversy going on with shootings, protests, and ISIS might be the only thing that wasn't as big yet during the 2013-2014 school year that might be different from today, but even by then the Treyvon Martin case had already occurred, which I believe was one of the earliest influences of all that stuff. But it was just more slow then, unlike now where it's been more rapidly happening. If you look at the 2012-2013 school year as a whole or 2013 as a full year, just look at all the movies that came out like Frozen, Hunger Games: Catching Fire, or Gravity, late 00's/early 10's TV shows that ended like Breaking Bad, Dexter, or Jersey Shore, the peak of the electropop era came to an end with the beginning of the modern teen pop era we're still in today, Barack Obama's 2nd term begins, etc. More of that is leaning toward mid 2010's culture.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/06/15 at 2:48 am

I feel like the 2010s will peak 2016, or later.

Written By: #Infinity on 12/06/15 at 5:06 am

Well,the reason I wrote what I wrote earlier was because the 1997-98 school year was the last of Michael Jordan's bulls dynasty, The golden age of the Simpsons, Seinfeld, Nick's golden age, Family Matters& Step by Step ended, Beavis and Butthead, Ahh Real Monsters also ended, WCW was still kicking WWF's ass in the ratings war, East Coast hip hop was still ruling the charts.South Park premiered,teen pop started to become popular, and shows such as The Practice,Oz, King of the Hill, Ally McBeal debuted. 1996-97 was still very much core 90s, with some minor late 90s characteristics coming in.

Putting aside the sports programs (I'm not versed in wrestling or sports teams, so I can't really comment there), most of the changes you listed either happened during autumn 1996 through autumn 1997 or didn't technically make 1997-1998 transitional.  Most people consider The Simpsons' final classic season to be season 8 from the 1996-1997 school year; after the airing of the notorious Principal and the Pauper episode in September 1997, soon followed by Mike Scully taking over as showrunner, the series had jumped the shark, even though it wouldn't completely bottom out until around 2000.  I would mark the end of Nick's Golden Age to be the 1996-1997 school year, due to that being the time Rocko's Modern Life was cancelled and Kablam!, Hey Arnold!, and The Angry Beavers premiered on the channel; Aaahh!!! Real Monsters was the only remaining first wave Nicktoon still airing new episodes, and it was definitely the least remembered of them, anyway.  East Coast Hip Hop certainly wasn't going anywhere soon in 1997, even with the passing of Biggie in March; if anything, the Y2K era was the region's dominant period in the hip hop industry aside from the 80s.  The major shift in hip hop around that time was the death of West Coast g-funk, which declined in popularity throughout the 1996-1997 school year and gasped its last breath with Coolio's C U When U Get There.  To be fair, No Limit was gradually growing in popularity throughout the 1997-1998 school year, but even they had already established themselves by the beginning of autumn 1997 thanks to the release of Master P's Ghetto D in early September and the chart success of I Miss My Homies.  The Practice, South Park, Oz, King of the Hill, and Ally McBeal had all premiered on television by the beginning of autumn; some of them, like The Practice and King of the Hill (as well as Daria) came out in early 1997, while the previous school year was still going on.  Although Seinfeld and Family Matters aired their final seasons during the 1997-1998 school year, I see both of those shows as representing the 90s in general, rather than the mid 90s in particular.

I certainly wouldn't consider the incoming culture from the 1996/1997 school year to be "minor;" if anything, the shift was almost as big as the one in 1991 that brought grunge, Nicktoons, and Sega to the forefront of popular culture.  In just the first two and a half months alone, Tupac Shakur was murdered, the Nintendo 64 launched with the revolutionary Super Mario 64 packaged with it, Crash Bandicoot was out for the PS1, Hey Arnold! and Kablam! premiered on television, songs like No Diggity and Pony were blowing up the charts, Leonardo DiCaprio emerged as the new male heartthrob of Hollywood thanks to Romeo + Juliet (thus setting the stages for Titanic a year later), and Bill Clinton defeated Bob Dole in the '96 Election.  By early 1997, grunge as a movement was officially dead, britpop and gangsta rap were on the decline, post-grunge and pop punk were starting to become less angsty and more commercial, Spicemania arrived in the United States, Savage Garden and Hanson joined in on the teen pop bandwagon, Puffy and Mase's ultra-poppy/materialistic Can't Nobody Hold Me Down was a #1 single, Biggie joined 2Pac in the hip hop graveyard, King of the Hill and Daria were on TV, the Super Nintendo was no longer truly relevant, and Mario Kart 64 was released for the Nintendo 64.  By this point, popular culture was clearly in a late 90s zeitgeist, even though the mid 90s influence was still on its way out.  Come summer 1997, and teen pop was now a fully fleshed-out industry thanks to the Backstreet Boys, 98 Degrees, and Robyn joining in; the Cartoon Cartoons era of Cartoon Network had begun thanks to the premieres of Johnny Bravo, Cow & Chicken, and I Am Weasel, not to mention the gigantic second season of Dexter's Laboratory; Tony Blair was Prime Minister of the UK, iconic 5th generation video games like Star Fox 64 and GoldenEye 007 were out, the economy was now almost in surplus range, South Park had premiered on Comedy Central, urban music was slowly starting to shed its laid-back g-funk influences in favor of the tenser, more percussive style seen in No Diggity; Princess Diana had passed away, and Will Smith reemerged as one of the biggest rappers of the day, without DJ Jazzy Jeff by his side, thanks to the success of Men in Black.

Written By: batfan2005 on 12/06/15 at 7:58 am

Yeah, the transition into the mid 2010s was more during the 2012-2013 school year.  I also strongly disagree with the 1997-1998 school year being transitional.  Late 90s culture was already in full force by the autumn of 1997, and the only leftover mid 90s culture (i.e., the last few episodes of Beavis & Butthead and Aaahh!!! Real Monsters) was isolated and fairly irrelevant by that point.  1996-1997 was the true transitional period between the mid and late 90s, but even 1998-1999 had much more of a shift than 1997-1998 did.

I feel like 2013 was more of a split year, like 1997 was. Coincidently, both years were MAJOR changes in my personal life, and it seems like the pop-culture changed with it, or at least my perception of it.

2015 reminds me of 1999. Both years the later half felt different than the earlier half, but not moreso than any other other year. 1999 didn't have as many mass shootings, but it did have one on 4/20 that was big news. The later part of the year was mainly the Y2K scare. Politically they are very similar with Clinton and Obama entering their last years in office, and the election season starting to heat up.

Music and movie wise, also similar. In 1999 you had Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, Britney Spears at/near their peak. In 2015 you have Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, One Direction, Ariana Grande, etc. at/near their peak. With movies, both years have the first of the next Star Wars trilogies. With video games, the generation of PS4, Xbox One, and Wii U are at the similar points that the PS1 and Nintendo 64 were in '99 (at their peak).

Lastly, those years were also similar in my personal life. In 1999 and 2015 I went on deployment on my ship in the Navy. However in '99 it was in the later half, while in '15 it was the earlier half.

Written By: Howard on 12/06/15 at 2:36 pm

I agree, the whole year feels the same.

Written By: Howard on 12/06/15 at 2:39 pm

not for another 25 more days.

Written By: bchris02 on 12/06/15 at 7:48 pm

I dont know if its the terrorist attacks that now happen daily (hopefully it stops) or if its because everyone is on edge,
but 2015 feels like a split year.

What do you think?

Disagree.  The political polarization and SJW thing has been building for a while has been building but has been front and center since Indiana proposed their anti-gay law early this year.  After that controversy subsided, Bruce Jenner announced that he was going to transition to a woman.  Then in June, Bruce was revealed as Caitlyn Jenner.  The outrage about that died down, and then the Supreme Court ruled on marriage equality.  Next was Cecil the Lion, ect, etc, "kill the gays" conference with Mike Huckabee, etc, etc, Red Starbucks Cups, etc, etc.  This year has just been one thing after another that made people outraged and fueled hatred between the left and the right on the political spectrum.

Hopefully 2016 is a little more easy going.  2015 wasn't the worst year of my life (better than 2013 and 2014) but I will for the most part be glad to see it go.

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 12/06/15 at 8:46 pm

Disagree.  The political polarization and SJW thing has been building for a while has been building but has been front and center since Indiana proposed their anti-gay law early this year.  After that controversy subsided, Bruce Jenner announced that he was going to transition to a woman.  Then in June, Bruce was revealed as Caitlyn Jenner.  The outrage about that died down, and then the Supreme Court ruled on marriage equality.  Next was Cecil the Lion, ect, etc, "kill the gays" conference with Mike Huckabee, etc, etc, Red Starbucks Cups, etc, etc.  This year has just been one thing after another that made people outraged and fueled hatred between the left and the right on the political spectrum.

Hopefully 2016 is a little more easy going.  2015 wasn't the worst year of my life (better than 2013 and 2014) but I will for the most part be glad to see it go.

I agree. For me 2015 (and late 2014) have been a pretty turbulent time. From terrorism on its peak with the rise of ISIS and the continuation of the long and tedious War on Terror, to the absolute peak (although it could rise even more) of political correctness and SJWs, huge wave of social and civil rights protests, rising disdain between the political left and the political right, the amount of corruption in the U.S Government recently with Net Neutrality almost being destroyed, the TPP, & the huge wave a economic influence going into various presidential campaigns, and of course you cannot forget about these campaigns as well  :-X

This, plus this year while not as bad as 2011 or 2012, wasn't a great year for my personal life in the same way 2013 & 2014 was. Hopefully 2016 picks up with my personal life, but in the realm of politics and pop culture I'm a bit torn. I'm optimistic, especially with the recent tech advances such as the rise of smartwatches and virtual reality, and while most pop music isn't my cup of tea there still seems to be some hot blood in their like Adele's Hello. However I'm equally pessimisitc, especially with all of these shootings and terrorist attacks recently and the huge division in our country today, its pretty scary. Also economically, while much better than the late 00's/early 10's, didn't pick up as much as some hoped for. It certainly was not 2014 when it went from gas prices being at around 2.80 at the start of the year to 1.90 by the end. However we'll have to wait and see how this, along with many other factors, are going on play out

Written By: TheKid99 on 12/07/15 at 1:13 pm

I feel like 2014 will be seen in the future as the peak of our economic cycle. We have been relatively stagnate since the first quarter of this year. We had a near bear market in August with the biggest intraday point loss ever in the DJIA, -1080 and a closing of -530 on 8/21, -588 on 8/24, -473 9/1. The Big Corporations of America have entered a Profit Recession and the Manufacturing sector of our economy is DEFINITELY in a recession with the ISM index is its weakest level since June 2009 at the tail-end of the Great Recession at 48.6% which any number below 50 signals a contraction. We havent grown in a quarter above 3%. Last quarter we grew at 1.9%(Q3 2015)... very stagnate and they are forecasting this quarter(Q4 2015) by the GDP Nowcast by the Atlanta Federal Reserve at 1.4%, very very stagnate. Even with all of these warning signs that a Recession is coming in the next year or two the Federal Reserve is almost certainly going to raise interest rates this upcoming FOMC meeting in mid December.

There has definitely been a change in the mood since the beginning of the year in the country. In January as consumer confidence index shows we were at our most opitimistic since early 2007. However that has gone down steadily since. This reflects how the country mood has been becoming increasingly more pessimistic this year with the Baltimore Riots, Chicago, San Bernidino, Paris Terrorist Attacks(January and November). 2014 seems to be a transtition year between early and mid 2010s culture.

2015 started out very bleak for me with losing one of my great friends.. Then it got better this summer which was a great time in some ways but I was sick often, had a small depression from August-mid-October due to losing my best friend and my great grandma dying. and have really been looking up at life since then. However our future as a country is not looking great right now. I feel like their is much to fear nowadays in this country. This socail justice mentality that our country has been in since Trayvon Martin in late 2012 is going to reach a breaking point sometime in the next two years. There is a balance between Politically incorrect and politically correct and I feel that balance has been disrupted far too much this year to the politically correct side of things that will need to be re-balanced next year. There is going to be a year in this decade that will be like a breaking point of socail issues like 1968 was for the 1960s.

Written By: mqg96 on 12/07/15 at 1:29 pm

2014 seems to be a transtition year between early and mid 2010s culture.

Other than politics or worldly events, what makes you believe 2014 was the transition from early 2010's to mid 2010's culturally.

Written By: TheKid99 on 12/07/15 at 4:17 pm

Other than politics or worldly events, what makes you believe 2014 was the transition from early 2010's to mid 2010's culturally.

Well for one thing 2014 was the first big/mainstream year of a music genre I hear ALL the time now, Trap Rap. It wasn't too big in the first half of 2014 but definitely gained steam in the second half. Trap has really become big the past year and a half. Another thing is that in early through mid 2014 you still heard electro pop 2011 and 2012 songs when you walked around say in an amusement park but they have changed the music playlists to suit the more bubblegum pop 2013-2014 feel in the summer of 2014. Indie has also taken off as a genre in music. Fashion had changed slightly too. I don't see as many kids going all out to buy air Jordan shoes like I used to see in 2014, most people now are just buying Nike. Joggers and jogger styles sweatpants have really exploded in the past year and a half. In my city the preppy style with Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hillfiger and vineyard vines brands have really taken off, there is not one day anymore I can go out without seeing at least a couple of people wearing preppy clothes(chubbies, polo jackets, collared shirts). that's why I think early 2014 is the transition point between early and mid 2010s culture.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/07/15 at 5:29 pm

I don't think 2015 is a split year, but maybe I'll see it later on in the future. However I think 2014 was a split year but not in half, more like the changes started happening in November and December of 2014, at least economically. That's when oil prices dropped heavily and the economy started going down the toilet, which it still is horrible here and during all of 2015. That's when people started losing their jobs, major companies (such as Target) starting leaving the country, the CAD dropping to record lows since 10-15 years, and all of those big economic changes during the oil slump. Then January I started attending a new University. Late 2014/Early 2015 felt like a significant shift. However this shift wasn't apparent with pop culture and music.

Written By: mqg96 on 12/07/15 at 5:53 pm

I don't think 2015 is a split year, but maybe I'll see it later on in the future. However I think 2014 was a split year but not in half, more like the changes started happening in November and December of 2014, at least economically. That's when oil prices dropped heavily and the economy started going down the toilet, which it still is horrible here and during all of 2015. That's when people started losing their jobs, major companies (such as Target) starting leaving the country, the CAD dropping to record lows since 10-15 years, and all of those big economic changes during the oil slump. Then January I started attending a new University. Late 2014/Early 2015 felt like a significant shift. However this shift wasn't apparent with pop culture and music.

See pop culture, fashion and music wise, 2013 was the transition into mid 2010's culture without a question, however, worldly wise with all the shootings, ISIS, politics, and economy, 2014 was really the transition into the mid 2010's on that part. So I don't really know. IMHO, late 2013 is when the mid 2010's was in full effect. Also, while we've been having more rapid shootings and cases lately here, I still believe that the Treyvon Martin case was the start of the influence, personally.

Written By: TheKid99 on 12/07/15 at 6:17 pm

See pop culture, fashion and music wise, 2013 was the transition into mid 2010's culture without a question, however, worldly wise with all the shootings, ISIS, politics, and economy, 2014 was really the transition into the mid 2010's on that part. So I don't really know. IMHO, late 2013 is when the mid 2010's was in full effect. Also, while we've been having more rapid shootings and cases lately here, I still believe that the Treyvon Martin case was the start of the influence, personally.

Yeah I think we agree on the transitioning. Pop culturally it was 2013 but Worldly and Economically it was 2014. Treyvon Martin was the spark that influenced many of todays things. I guess I am slightly biased as I began High School in August of 2014 so I guess it sort of feels like a transition for me the year 2014.

Written By: 2001 on 12/07/15 at 7:44 pm

Do you live in Alberta? Because this is weird, as an Ontario resident, I associate late 2014 with having more spending money because of the oil price crash, and generally improving job market. Yeah, technically the country was in a recession, but my brother accurately described it as "The Silent Recession", because I honestly didn't feel it at all. In fact, I sort of felt the opposite of recession, like the economy was slowly returning back to normal.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/07/15 at 8:20 pm

Do you live in Alberta? Because this is weird, as an Ontario resident, I associate late 2014 with having more spending money because of the oil price crash, and generally improving job market. Yeah, technically the country was in a recession, but my brother accurately described it as "The Silent Recession", because I honestly didn't feel it at all. In fact, I sort of felt the opposite of recession, like the economy was slowly returning back to normal.

Yes I live in Alberta. The recession here is worse than the one in 2008. It's very bad times here now.

Written By: KatanaChick on 12/09/15 at 6:56 am

I wouldn't say split year so much as it feels like everything escalated throughout.

Written By: ArcticFox on 12/10/15 at 1:42 am

Definitely not. As a matter of fact, January 2015 still feels very recent to me. Both culturally and politically.

It was very different for 2014. By the fall of that year, early 2014 felt like it was ages ago. I felt that so much had changed from the beginning to the end of that year. My personal life changed little. It was all within the cultural aspects and the "feel" of the year that had changed.

1) For one, the 2014 mid-term elections occurred that year, which I voted. I chose the Republicans because I was sick of the Democrats' bullying ways. 2015 showed me that behind the curtains the two parties were practically the same on many levels as the GOP is very vocal against gay marriage but the Republican dominated Congress legalized it nationwide back in June. It's only in public and on the surface that the two parties are different. It's like the government's agenda is to polarize and balkanize the United States of America.

2) The musical landscape transformed more than people let on. This will become way more obvious as time passes and when we have a good distance between the future-present and 2014. At the beginning of the year, the mainstream was flooded with the overproduced dance music of 2012 and 2013, as well as bro-country. Then, in the spring, R&B started to become popular again. Actual R&B. I point to the success of "Happy" and "All of Me", which were two of the biggest hits of the year. Ed Sheeran made an R&B album. Bro-country began its decline, which continues today (take note it's not dead yet, it's declining!). This was also the biggest year for Indie music and Anti-Pop, both in terms of quality and quantity. "Come With Me Now", "West Coast", and "We Might Be Dead By Tomorrow" are excellent songs that got some deserved attention from the masses (they deserved more, imo). EDM also became more minimalist and less loud (for the most part). "Waves", "Rather Be", and "La La La" were excellent examples of this. Disco-influences shifted from the hip-hop and rock style of 2013 ("Blurred Lines" and "Treasure") to more R&B and dance styles ("Love Never Felt So Good" and "Uptown Funk"). Even hip-hop had a few songs go back to an old-school sound ("The Man", "i", and "Pills N Potions"). Ballads came back and folk music grew even stronger. On the bad side, teen pop and trap rap peaked this year ("Problem" and "Turn Down For What"). However, music proved to really mature and provide excellent quality this year (my favorite songs of 2014 thread to look at the list). The drawback to this was if you only liked or listened to one genre of music. I can see how someone who only listens to hip-hop disliking 2014. You really had to have an eclectic taste in music to really appreciate it. 2014 was overall a year of much slower jams, after several years of the fast-paced dance tunes of the early 2010s. Praise the Lord!

3) Perhaps the biggest shift I noticed was the sartorial one. This was especially obvious among girls. The early 2010s were all about bright colors, long and loose skirts and dresses, flat shoes, jeggings, stilettos, and hoodies. I noticed women's fashion getting so much better in the spring time of 2014, so around April. I remember women wearing tighter shirts (for the first time since 2001), cropped tops, high-waisted apparel, miniskirts and dresses, knee-length skirts and dresses (especially the semi-formal wear), lacy clothing, block-heels, stack-heels, mules, clogs, mod boots, minimalist prints (such as stripes and polka dots), leather jackets, and neutral colors and pastels. And for once I actually liked the ombré style of hair as it looked "pretty" and not "grungy". Women looked gorgeous that year. All of these styles are still in right now, but they are worn way less often and many times rarely. 2015 has overall been a frumpier year for fashion compared to 2014, but only out of pure choice by the female public.

This video might offend some, but I don't care. The girl in the prank is beautiful, and her outfit is exactly what many women were wearing in 2014. It's still in now, but I rarely saw it this year. If she wore that outfit in 2013 she would have looked radically new and original as the style that year was more shapeless and matronly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0__nrDmRGaM
On the men's side of things there were also changes but not as sweeping. This was the year joggers received major mainstream attention (they peaked in '15). I remember stretch pants being really popular that year (which is still just as common today and I hope it doesn't go away). I also remember boat shoes coming back, shorter shorts, polos, chambray, neutrals and pastels, simple patterns (stripes and dots), wool sweaters, leather jackets, tropical prints, and shoes with foam soles (we've gone back to vans). In 2014 men's fashion was headed in the right direction - a more flattering style of clothing; it seems in 2015 guys have embraced more counterculture fashions, although I still see some guys wear the more flattering 2014 fashions. 2014 is actually the year I got rid of all my early 2010s clothes and began the process of buying myself a new wardrobe which continues today. I hope 2016 is better year for fashion for both genders.

4) I noticed a shift in the feel and atmosphere that year. Even though ISIS was gaining more notoriety for their diabolical antics, I remember 2014 feeling very warm and safe. I noticed the shift occurred around April. By the very end of the 2013-2014 school year, the vibe was different. More conservative. Especially in comparison to the icy and brutally progressive zeitgeist that 2013 had. It seems 2015 went back to that. This year has been much more violent and scary.

5) A possible contributor to the more relaxed feel of 2014 compared to the rest of the decade was the huge spike in public support for marijuana legalization. Weed signs were everywhere. I remember them being really common on clothes and pot-shaped candy was popular that year. The Adidas original logo was cool that year as well because it's in the shape of marijuana. Now that I think about it, a lot of the Indie songs that year seemed to have a "marijuana influence" in them. As if they tried to replicate a high or something. I will always associate a large defining aspect of 2014 with cannabis culture.

6) The economy was better. In 2013, we were still reeling really badly from the effects of the great recession. The unemployment rate was really bad. In 2014 job growth was at its strongest since 1999: http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/05/news/economy/november-jobs-report/. The great economy continued even into early 2015, but slowed which became really obvious by the summer. 2014 has had the strongest economy of the decade so far.

To sum it all up, I really enjoyed 2014 and I think it was the best year of the decade so far. My favorite movie of the year and decade is Interstellar, which came out in November of 2014. My personal life throughout the entire 2010s has been great. I just wish society kept improving on the things that it had set up in 2014. I also notice that looking at old posts on this forum from 2014, people were praising the 2010s and talking about how they were better than the 2000's. Now people on this board criticize the 2010's. It seems they were really just praising 2014; that year really was the fluke of the first half of the decade, as well as the 2010-2015 period. I'm guessing it was because of the more easygoing nature of that year, while 2013 and 2015 have both been very strident and intense. I pray to Lord everything will quiet down just for a little while, and that "little while" is 2016. Just one year. One year.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/10/15 at 2:09 am

I think 2013 was when music shifted. By March 2013 music seemed very different compared to the edm of 2012 and before. 2014 and 2015 sounds very similar to me in terms of music.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 12/10/15 at 11:35 am

Definitely not. As a matter of fact, January 2015 still feels very recent to me. Both culturally and politically.

It was very different for 2014. By the fall of that year, early 2014 felt like it was ages ago. I felt that so much had changed from the beginning to the end of that year. My personal life changed little. It was all within the cultural aspects and the "feel" of the year that had changed.

1) For one, the 2014 mid-term elections occurred that year, which I voted. I chose the Republicans because I was sick of the Democrats' bullying ways. 2015 showed me that behind the curtains the two parties were practically the same on many levels as the GOP is very vocal against gay marriage but the Republican dominated Congress legalized it nationwide back in June. It's only in public and on the surface that the two parties are different. It's like the government's agenda is to polarize and balkanize the United States of America.

2) The musical landscape transformed more than people let on. This will become way more obvious as time passes and when we have a good distance between the future-present and 2014. At the beginning of the year, the mainstream was flooded with the overproduced dance music of 2012 and 2013, as well as bro-country. Then, in the spring, R&B started to become popular again. Actual R&B. I point to the success of "Happy" and "All of Me", which were two of the biggest hits of the year. Ed Sheeran made an R&B album. Bro-country began its decline, which continues today (take note it's not dead yet, it's declining!). This was also the biggest year for Indie music and Anti-Pop, both in terms of quality and quantity. "Come With Me Now", "West Coast", and "We Might Be Dead By Tomorrow" are excellent songs that got some deserved attention from the masses (they deserved more, imo). EDM also became more minimalist and less loud (for the most part). "Waves", "Rather Be", and "La La La" were excellent examples of this. Disco-influences shifted from the hip-hop and rock style of 2013 ("Blurred Lines" and "Treasure") to more R&B and dance styles ("Love Never Felt So Good" and "Uptown Funk"). Even hip-hop had a few songs go back to an old-school sound ("The Man", "i", and "Pills N Potions"). Ballads came back and folk music grew even stronger. On the bad side, teen pop and trap rap peaked this year ("Problem" and "Turn Down For What"). However, music proved to really mature and provide excellent quality this year (my favorite songs of 2014 thread to look at the list). The drawback to this was if you only liked or listened to one genre of music. I can see how someone who only listens to hip-hop disliking 2014. You really had to have an eclectic taste in music to really appreciate it. 2014 was overall a year of much slower jams, after several years of the fast-paced dance tunes of the early 2010s. Praise the Lord!

3) Perhaps the biggest shift I noticed was the sartorial one. This was especially obvious among girls. The early 2010s were all about bright colors, long and loose skirts and dresses, flat shoes, jeggings, stilettos, and hoodies. I noticed women's fashion getting so much better in the spring time of 2014, so around April. I remember women wearing tighter shirts (for the first time since 2001), cropped tops, high-waisted apparel, miniskirts and dresses, knee-length skirts and dresses (especially the semi-formal wear), lacy clothing, block-heels, stack-heels, mules, clogs, mod boots, minimalist prints (such as stripes and polka dots), leather jackets, and neutral colors and pastels. And for once I actually liked the ombré style of hair as it looked "pretty" and not "grungy". Women looked gorgeous that year. All of these styles are still in right now, but they are worn way less often and many times rarely. 2015 has overall been a frumpier year for fashion compared to 2014, but only out of pure choice by the female public.

This video might offend some, but I don't care. The girl in the prank is beautiful, and her outfit is exactly what many women were wearing in 2014. It's still in now, but I rarely saw it this year. If she wore that outfit in 2013 she would have looked radically new and original as the style that year was more shapeless and matronly.
On the men's side of things there were also changes but not as sweeping. This was the year joggers received major mainstream attention (they peaked in '15). I remember stretch pants being really popular that year (which is still just as common today and I hope it doesn't go away). I also remember boat shoes coming back, shorter shorts, polos, chambray, neutrals and pastels, simple patterns (stripes and dots), wool sweaters, leather jackets, tropical prints, and shoes with foam soles (we've gone back to vans). In 2014 men's fashion was headed in the right direction - a more flattering style of clothing; it seems in 2015 guys have embraced more counterculture fashions, although I still see some guys wear the more flattering 2014 fashions. 2014 is actually the year I got rid of all my early 2010s clothes and began the process of buying myself a new wardrobe which continues today. I hope 2016 is better year for fashion for both genders.

4) I noticed a shift in the feel and atmosphere that year. Even though ISIS was gaining more notoriety for their diabolical antics, I remember 2014 feeling very warm and safe. I noticed the shift occurred around April. By the very end of the 2013-2014 school year, the vibe was different. More conservative. Especially in comparison to the icy and brutally progressive zeitgeist that 2013 had. It seems 2015 went back to that. This year has been much more violent and scary.

5) A possible contributor to the more relaxed feel of 2014 compared to the rest of the decade was the huge spike in public support for marijuana legalization. Weed signs were everywhere. I remember them being really common on clothes and pot-shaped candy was popular that year. The Adidas original logo was cool that year as well because it's in the shape of marijuana. Now that I think about it, a lot of the Indie songs that year seemed to have a "marijuana influence" in them. As if they tried to replicate a high or something. I will always associate a large defining aspect of 2014 with cannabis culture.

6) The economy was better. In 2013, we were still reeling really badly from the effects of the great recession. The unemployment rate was really bad. In 2014 job growth was at its strongest since 1999: http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/05/news/economy/november-jobs-report/. The great economy continued even into early 2015, but slowed which became really obvious by the summer. 2014 has had the strongest economy of the decade so far.

To sum it all up, I really enjoyed 2014 and I think it was the best year of the decade so far. My favorite movie of the year and decade is Interstellar, which came out in November of 2014. My personal life throughout the entire 2010s has been great. I just wish society kept improving on the things that it had set up in 2014. I also notice that looking at old posts on this forum from 2014, people were praising the 2010s and talking about how they were better than the 2000's. Now people on this board criticize the 2010's. It seems they were really just praising 2014; that year really was the fluke of the first half of the decade, as well as the 2010-2015 period. I'm guessing it was because of the more easygoing nature of that year, while 2013 and 2015 have both been very strident and intense. I pray to Lord everything will quiet down just for a little while, and that "little while" is 2016. Just one year. One year.

ALL of THIS.

Written By: TheKid99 on 12/10/15 at 11:57 am

^^ This is what I have been thinking about lately. Now 2014 might not be a transition year but many of the new cultural things popular now have their roots in 2014. I think Trap Rap is still very popular and has not peaked yet but it will soon.

However the Gay Marriage was NOT legalized by the republican congress it was legalized by the Supreme Court Ruling so the Republicans did not vote on it, the Supreme Court did. 2014s economy was much more robust and we have been stagnate since the beginning of the year.

Written By: bchris02 on 12/10/15 at 12:48 pm

In my opinion its the gay marriage ruling in June of 2015 that really set up the tense, angry, hateful atmosphere in America that dominates today.  However, the anger and cultural tension had been escalating for a while.  It started in the fall of 2014 when gay marriage became legal in most of the states due to the prior district court ruling that preceded the Obergefell decision.  Conservatives are angry about it and are refusing to accept it and are nasty to anyone who has a different opinion on it.  The rainbow White House after the ruling really set off a lot of fireworks. It has pretty much killed the more relaxed, live and let live vibe of the first half of the 2010s.  The more recent Paris attacks and then the San Bernardino shootings have only escalated the cultural tension, with Donald Trump exploiting the anger to fuel his Presidential campaign.

As for music, 2015 has had a little more variety.  Hip-hop has been a lot better.  Teen pop is still big if not dominant but it isn't as all-encompassing as it was in 2013 and 2014.  The one thing that has been noticeably less this year is the indie/anti-pop music that was huge in 2013 and 2014.  There has also been less pure EDM in the mainstream (I consider pure EDM i.e. Armin Van Buuren a separate genre from electropop or EDM teen pop). Overall though, I would say today's music has its roots in 2013 and even the second half of 2012, not 2014.  "Call Me Maybe" was the first true "mid 10s" Top 40 song.

As for fashion, I think the sidebuzz cut for guys is losing popularity.  Pretty much everyone had it in 2014.  In 2015 I still see it (I have this cut) but not as often as in 2014.  I also saw less striped tank tops this summer than in 2013 and 2014 when pretty much all guys were wearing them.  They were still around, but not as prominent.

I think 2014 was overall a better year for movies than 2015.  2015 hasn't really had anything on the level of Interstellar and Guardians of the Galaxy.  Jurassic World was probably the most anticipated movie of the year other than Star Wars and while it was a good movie, I pretty much saw it as a rehash of the original Jurassic Park and didn't really bring anything new to the table.  It seems like the Hunger Games series, despite its cult following and cultural significance from 2012-14, finished up very anticlimactically.  Of course, I think the movie that will carry 2015 will be Star Wars The Force Awakens.  7 more days until I find out if its really good or not.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/10/15 at 1:25 pm

As for music, 2015 has had a little more variety.  Hip-hop has been a lot better.  Teen pop is still big if not dominant but it isn't as all-encompassing as it was in 2013 and 2014.  The one thing that has been noticeably less this year is the indie/anti-pop music that was huge in 2013 and 2014.  There has also been less pure EDM in the mainstream (I consider pure EDM i.e. Armin Van Buuren a separate genre from electropop or EDM teen pop). Overall though, I would say today's music has its roots in 2013 and even the second half of 2012, not 2014.  "Call Me Maybe" was the first true "mid 10s" Top 40 song.

I think 2013 was a unique year in music. We had so many hits which didn't sound like it belonged to either the early or mid 10's. The disco fad was big that year, many ballads and slow songs that year, Many singers and bands in the top 40 who aren't popular or relevant in the early 10's or mid 10's, and comebacks from artists from the 00's like Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, etc. I liked the music in 2013. It had the best vibe of the decade so far.

Written By: bchris02 on 12/10/15 at 2:35 pm

I think 2013 was a unique year in music. We had so many hits which didn't sound like it belonged to either the early or mid 10's. The disco fad was big that year, many ballads and slow songs that year, Many singers and bands in the top 40 who aren't popular or relevant in the early 10's or mid 10's, and comebacks from artists from the 00's like Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, etc. I liked the music in 2013. It had the best vibe of the decade so far.

I think 2013 was the worst year for music this decade so far by a long shot.  Then again, I don't care for disco or many of the other style of slower ballads that were popular that year.  The one bright spot for 2013 was indie.

Written By: the2001 on 12/10/15 at 5:36 pm

I feel you a little bit about EARLY 2014 feeling different

Written By: the2001 on 12/10/15 at 5:39 pm

Another thing that was weird was that 106 and Park ended the second half of 2014 (regardless it was declining before tho) Becky G, Ariana Grande came out during 2013 but would slowly gain more momentum in mid 2014  (with Ariana getting her own MTV TRL special, and Becky G getting her song played on urban and pop stations)  The whole nylon shoe craze started around 2014 as well with every other company copying roshes  (even the YEEZY 3 boots low copys a profile of the roshe). Chains like ZARA and H&m become more hands on with copying fashion houses like Hedi Slimanes Saint Laurent, and Givenchys black dress profile. You walk into a Zara now and see the ZIP knee jeans and could of sworn Hedi made them himself.

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 12/10/15 at 6:04 pm

I think 2013 was the worst year for music this decade so far by a long shot.  Then again, I don't care for disco or many of the other style of slower ballads that were popular that year.  The one bright spot for 2013 was indie.

I think 2013 was a unique year because it was the tail end of late Gen Y Electropop and Dubstep influences and the beginning of the peak of early Gen Z influences like EDM & Trash Rap

Written By: musicguy93 on 12/10/15 at 11:14 pm

^^ This is what I have been thinking about lately. Now 2014 might not be a transition year but many of the new cultural things popular now have their roots in 2014. I think Trap Rap is still very popular and has not peaked yet but it will soon.

However the Gay Marriage was NOT legalized by the republican congress it was legalized by the Supreme Court Ruling so the Republicans did not vote on it, the Supreme Court did. 2014s economy was much more robust and we have been stagnate since the beginning of the year.

I disagree with your claim that Trap Rap hasn't peaked yet. I honestly don't see how it could get any more popular in 2016, let alone 2017-2019. If anything it'll probably decline in the upcoming years.

Written By: ArcticFox on 12/10/15 at 11:44 pm

I disagree with your claim that Trap Rap hasn't peaked yet. I honestly don't see how it could get any more popular in 2016, let alone 2017-2019. If anything it'll probably decline in the upcoming years.

Agreed. Katy Perry's song "Dark Horse" is a trap rap song. It was the second most successful song of 2014. 2014 was pretty comfortably the peak. In terms of the quantity of trap rap songs to become popular, though, it was 2015. Fetty Wap exploded literally out of nowhere with his terrible music (I think he sold his soul, his immediate undeserved success is deadly suspicious) and other songs made it big as well.

The whole trap thing has actually been going on since 2011. The album that started it all was Kanye West and Jay Z's collaborative album "N*ggas in Paradise". Harmfully loud bass, trap beats, no melody, shrill vocals, this album started the current hip-hop trend of today and killed the mild Hip-Hop renaissance (second half 2008-first half 2011). Unfortunately it became popular, but fortunately the hip-hop genre is dying in popularity as well. If there is nothing new for a genre to bring to the table while still sounding pleasant and musical, then its days are numbered.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/11/15 at 2:13 am

Agreed. Katy Perry's song "Dark Horse" is a trap rap song. It was the second most successful song of 2014. 2014 was pretty comfortably the peak. In terms of the quantity of trap rap songs to become popular, though, it was 2015. Fetty Wap exploded literally out of nowhere with his terrible music (I think he sold his soul, his immediate undeserved success is deadly suspicious) and other songs made it big as well.

The whole trap thing has actually been going on since 2011. The album that started it all was Kanye West and Jay Z's collaborative album "N*ggas in Paradise". Harmfully loud bass, trap beats, no melody, shrill vocals, this album started the current hip-hop trend of today and killed the mild Hip-Hop renaissance (second half 2008-first half 2011). Unfortunately it became popular, but fortunately the hip-hop genre is dying in popularity as well. If there is nothing new for a genre to bring to the table while still sounding pleasant and musical, then its days are numbered.

Haha Hip Hop is NOT dying. Not even close. And that trap rap stuff isn't real Hip Hop. There are loads of good new rap songs underground. You gotta look past mainstream music.

Written By: mqg96 on 12/11/15 at 4:50 am

Haha Hip Hop is NOT dying. Not even close. And that trap rap stuff isn't real Hip Hop. There are loads of good new rap songs underground. You gotta look past mainstream music.

That's true, although, I do like dancing to trap rap music, but I agree that the real hip hop is much better.

Written By: mqg96 on 12/11/15 at 4:56 am

2014 is probably the best year of the decade when it comes to my personal life so far because of graduating high school and starting college. It was so much sigh and relief! As for what I have in bold, I have high expectations and pray to God that 2016 will be a much more calmed down year as well!

Written By: TheKid99 on 12/11/15 at 5:51 am

The only reason I am saying this is because this style of music is literally everywhere. Now it may not get more popular next year but it certainly wont all of sudden decline in popularity. It seems like kids that are in my high school mostly the Senior-Sophmore classes(late 1997-early-2000) seem to be the ones that really like trap rap. Freshman don't seem to be as enthusiastic about it but still like hearing it. Now it may have peaked but it will not all of a sudden decline next year unless a major cultural shift to the late 2010's culture happens in late 2016(Which is sort of likely).

Written By: musicguy93 on 12/11/15 at 11:35 am

The only reason I am saying this is because this style of music is literally everywhere. Now it may not get more popular next year but it certainly wont all of sudden decline in popularity. It seems like kids that are in my high school mostly the Senior-Sophmore classes(late 1997-early-2000) seem to be the ones that really like trap rap. Freshman don't seem to be as enthusiastic about it but still like hearing it. Now it may have peaked but it will not all of a sudden decline next year unless a major cultural shift to the late 2010's culture happens in late 2016(Which is sort of likely).

Well yeah, it'll probably remain popular througout this school year (2015-2016). But by the next school year, I'm sure it will start to decline.

Written By: 2001 on 12/11/15 at 2:08 pm

I think the refugee crisis of summer of 2015 and the rise of Donald Trump (to present day) has brought out the ugliness and uncertainty in a lot of people.  It definitely feels different. Something about early 2015 (and the rest of the 2010s) felt very calm, despite the Charlie Hebdo shootings.

Written By: batfan2005 on 12/12/15 at 5:13 pm

This is why I listen to the throwback hip-hop station now, that is in the rare occasion I listen to FM radio in my car. I can't stand the music of today. Pop is no better. Music has been bad since mid-2013.

Written By: Howard on 12/12/15 at 5:52 pm

This is why I listen to the throwback hip-hop station now, that is in the rare occasion I listen to FM radio in my car. I can't stand the music of today. Pop is no better. Music has been bad since mid-2013.

I don't blame you, I don't listen to much FM radio these days either.

Written By: mqg96 on 12/13/15 at 9:47 am

Hey, what do y'all folks think of this 2015 recap video? :)

Rpt19D5Li38

Written By: bchris02 on 12/13/15 at 10:05 am

I think the refugee crisis of summer of 2015 and the rise of Donald Trump (to present day) has brought out the ugliness and uncertainty in a lot of people.  It definitely feels different. Something about early 2015 (and the rest of the 2010s) felt very calm, despite the Charlie Hebdo shootings.

It started when Bruce Jenner announced he was becoming Caitlyn. It kicked into full gear when SCOTUS legalized gay marriage in June.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/13/15 at 1:38 pm

Rpt19D5Li38

Meh

Written By: musicguy93 on 12/13/15 at 6:04 pm

I feel like the 2010s will peak 2016, or later.

2016 could turn out to be the peak year of the decade, for all we know. But 2017-2019? I guess you could make the argument that the decade has yet to establish any real zeitgeist. However if you do believe that it has already been established, it's unlikely that the decade will peak anywhere from 2017-2019. It'll probably be past it's peak by that point. Personally I think whether or not 2016 is the peak period, it'll probably be the last year to fully represent the zeitgeist of the 2010s.

Written By: musicguy93 on 12/13/15 at 6:09 pm

Meh

Same here. Not because the video was bad. I quite enjoy these REMEMBER videos. It's just that 2015 was kind of a meh year.

Written By: #Infinity on 12/13/15 at 7:50 pm

Rpt19D5Li38

They forgot about Back to the Future Day, as well as presidential race figures like Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders.  Also, only three deaths and no memorial to Christopher Lee?  I'm just nitpicking, but still those are like the major things that distinguish 2015 from 2014, at least from my perspective.

Sometime in the future, I may actually look back at 2015 with a sort of moderate fondness, since a lot of what was in the video is pretty good, but right now it's hard for me to appreciate it as anything special due to it being the worst year of my personal life so far.

Written By: bchris02 on 12/14/15 at 2:01 pm

I think its too early to talk about 2010s culture peaking.  2015 could very well end up being the quintessential year but I think 2016 is more likely.

2017-2019 is up in the air.  First reason is that Obama, the President that has defined 2010s politics and social justice warriors/anti-justice warriors, will no longer be President.  It will be interesting to see how culture changes when a different person occupies the Oval Office.  Presidencies shouldn't have much of an affect on culture, but most of the big shifts occur around the time a new President takes office.

Written By: Howard on 12/14/15 at 2:38 pm

Rpt19D5Li38

It didn't explain much but it summed up the year in one video.

Check for new replies or respond here...