inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Remembering the early 2010s

Written By: bchris02 on 12/09/15 at 10:56 pm

2009-11 were the best years of my life.  I'm not sure if my life will ever be as awesome as it was then.  Everything was just so easygoing and positive.  Here are a few songs that I think really capture the zeitgeist of that era.

QzlNFcT2aOE

H_3XsZJnMLQ

vHJAUuicC0Q

adGVpCsf9N4

1sm4P7DnbPc

0hGFE7cHa2I

oCCnxBos10

Io1LquT7hiA

mXvmSaE0JXA

4JipHEz53sU

OYws8biwOYc

y_SI2EDM6Lo

edP0L6LQzZE

Subject: Re: Remembering the early 2010s

Written By: #Infinity on 12/10/15 at 12:28 am

Totally in the same boat as bchris02, 2009 through 2011, spanning my junior and senior years of high school, were a golden period in my life that I miss every day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2P11pU3yo0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn7-fVtT16k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98WtmW-lfeE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSGw3dmMC4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqWq_48LxWQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4QI8FGCWHY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyv4Bjja8yc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrOeGCJdZe4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWJ5rg-xwIg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4QBeADNM34

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djaLf6bgFuU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpaPBCBjSVc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrO4YZeyl0I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM213aMKTHg

In my opinion, 2009-2011 was when the digital information age peaked.  We now had access to endless catalogues of music, movies, blogs, and other forms of entertainment media, but there was still a direct and sincere purpose to what content these mediums produced.  Nowadays, everything is shackled by extreme political correctness.  Though I can understand the need for broader representation of diversity in popular media and the awareness of social biases, there's no longer any sense of joy or patience in the development of a more progressive future.  The constant fear of inadvertently offending somebody who refuses to give anyone the benefit of the doubt is really more harmful to equality in the long-run because it burdens us with new responsibilities that ultimately can't hide a history of inequality.  I'm definitely optimistic that things will eventually get as good for me as they were in 2009-2011, but when that happens, I'm really not sure.

Written By: mqg96 on 12/10/15 at 8:26 am

I'm on my cellphone so I can't post too much like I could on my laptop. Long story short. 2009-mid 2012 was not the best for my personal life, but pop culturally it was a dreamy vibe. The summers of 2009 & 2011 were great moments of my life, especially 2011 due to visiting my cousins in Ohio and going to New York for the first time my whole life. With the type of pop culture 2009-2011 offered, it was a perfect time to go to New York a whole week that's for sure. Me leaving middle school and enter high school was a great feeling. As the the movies in the period, 2009 was my favorite year due to movies like Blind Side, Transformers, and Avatar. Personally, 2012 & 2013 have been my favorite year for movies of the decade so far. However, when it comes to music, NOTHING beats 2010! Love it or hate it, the hip-hop/rap music and party electro pop music got hot at the right time. I believe apps on phones peaked at the time too. Angry Birds was a game I got addicted too. Last but not least, the excitement of Call of Duty: Black Ops, it may have been a turning point in the gaming industry, but at the time the original Black Ops was brand new, I remember everybody talking about it like crazy. Especially the zombie mode which got everybody pumped up and excited to buy it!  Speaking of zombies, The Walking Dead was brand new at the time too.

Written By: SpyroKev on 12/10/15 at 12:01 pm

2010 was my last year of high school. I do miss the music Usher, Drake and Big Sean released then, Saints Row 3 and Skyrim days, still having that newly fresh feel after my recent high school released. As I look back, 2010-2011 were interesting years.

Written By: TheKid99 on 12/11/15 at 6:04 am

The first part of this decade 2009-early 2013 were a time of real transition from my childhood to early teenagerhood. Last time I truly felt like a child was in early 2011. After that my innocence was shattered with finding out that my parents had to foreclose on our very nice home and move to much smaller house. It was a bit of a heartbreaking moment in my life and I have not forgotten it. 2012 was a great year for me as it was the first real year I listened to pop music on my own. 2013 was a transition time for me into a teenager. I miss alot of the music from the early 2010s especially the ones from 2009-2011. Those were great years in music. 2012 was an alright year for music for me, I guess I am slightly biased since it was the first year I listened to alot of pop music. 2013 was IMO the best music yet this decade after the transition time 2009-2011. I liked the slight disco influence that year, r&b started popping up. Trap rap wasabout to be unleashed into mainstream music but was just not their yet. There was still a slight electropop influence in early 2013 but that died out.

Written By: 2001 on 12/11/15 at 2:24 pm

2009 - 2012 were great. Represents the last year of high school, a gap year and the first year of university for me. I got out of my depression over losing my job and family problems in 2008 and hit back harder than ever. Higher grades, made a lot of new friends, found a lot of new perspectives on life, bought skinny jeans which is like a revolution in itself LOL. I started really enjoying pop music and was really into dub step. The video games of the time were so-so. I wasn't a huge fan of the AAA releases like Call of Duty or GTA or any of that. I was absolutely in love with Xbox Live Arcade games like Braid and Castle Crashers though.

I got onto Twitter in 2009 and made a lot of online friends that I could relate to. It was great because I always thought I was a weirdo until Twitter. I got a smartphone in 2010 (Samsung Galaxy S) and that immensely improved my quality of life, mostly because I could look up new places on Foursquare to go to, and keep in touch with friends on the go. I was going outside and socializing a lot more often because of these two. Ironic because a lot of people on this board say smartphones are killing real socializing lol.

My sister fell really ill in 2013, and that puts an abrupt end to what I consider "the early 2010s". I'm not sure if I prefer the mid-2010s or early 2010s. Mid-2010s, as my sig says, has the worst of times in my life, as well as the best of times (university life in general). I guess I'll have to see in retrospect. Still though, what an amazing decade this is ^^

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/11/15 at 7:56 pm

I wouldn't really consider 2009 as part of the early 2010s to start this reply. Also, I didn't really felt happy during the early 2010s, especially 2012. My life was like a living hell back then. It was the age of sheesh, in my perspective. It even made me depressed at some point and the only way to make me happy back then was watching horror movies.

Written By: sonic2005 on 12/15/15 at 2:33 am

meh didn't really care for the early 2010s but it was a HELL of a lot better than the late 00s (well for me personally)

Written By: Rainbowz on 09/21/17 at 1:01 pm

This song brings back memories of the summer of 2011
p4kVWCSzfK4

Written By: bchris02 on 09/21/17 at 1:21 pm

uWWG75lLemA

iQ_AJKFzsWo

3HrQRBf746Y

kdAj-dBNCi4

Aihu16RyYp8

8Iq-jY7qct8

YZlvI8Orjwo

Written By: Looney Toon on 09/21/17 at 3:34 pm

The early 2010s. When the world was slightly more positive and music was a tad bit better. Or at least that's what my own biased views tell me.

Written By: Slim95 on 09/23/17 at 12:34 am

Even though I hated 2012, this video gives me some nostalgia. You can tell the vibe from then was different. You wouldn't have a video like this anymore. (more bright and pops out, sunny outdoor setting back in the early '10s)

QhxPBrxxaqc

Written By: Rainbowz on 09/23/17 at 12:45 am

deleted

Written By: Slim95 on 09/23/17 at 1:00 am

This was my favourite song of the early 2010s.

hRVOOwFNp5U

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/23/17 at 8:20 am

I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't have any nostalgia for the Early 2010s at all. In fact, I don't even miss it. Considering that I graduated from High School a couple of days ago, you'd think that I would be more nostalgic than ever for the Early 2010s. But it just hasn't been the case, for some reason.

Written By: Lizardmatum on 09/23/17 at 2:48 pm

Man I miss these times. I was at my peak. Performing onstage in shows all across my country and showing animated films to audiences. The music in my opinion was so much more upbeat and I was so much happier and ambitious. Life was a dream back then and in the grand scheme of things it wasn't even THAT long ago yet I still have intense nostalgia for these years.

Written By: Slim95 on 09/23/17 at 3:50 pm

Also I remember when this song was released and I got so hyped because Eminem was back from his two year hiatus. I was so hyped for his new album (which got released a year later) because his flow and rapping was so good.
cN4fNaUAMbA

And this song also shows the vibe of the early 2010s (also has dubstep in it which was huge in the early '10s)
HrbHjsQC2zA

Written By: Rainbowz on 12/10/17 at 9:28 am

4GuqB1BQVr4
@unicornic Remember when we would play Pandanda and you would be in the Purple Door dancing on boys singing this song?  ;D This brings back memories from 2012 lmao

Written By: unicornic on 12/10/17 at 9:38 am

4GuqB1BQVr4
@unicornic Remember when we would play Pandanda and you would be in the Purple Door dancing on boys singing this song?  ;D This brings back memories from 2012 lmao

OMG NOSTALGIA HIT ME HARD  ;D AND YOU WOULD PRETEND TO PLAY BABY TO MAKE PPL LEAVE  ;D Those were the days

Written By: Rainbowz on 12/10/17 at 9:43 am

OMG NOSTALGIA HIT ME HARD  ;D AND YOU WOULD PRETEND TO PLAY BABY TO MAKE PPL LEAVE  ;D Those were the days

I REMEMBER THAT XD  Remember when we were at the Plaza and me and you were both dancing and singing Baby by Justin Bieber and everyone was like "eww" and "go away" but we just kept on singing it  ;D ;D ;D ;D I even remember us dancing together alone at that chill beach and chatting xD

I swear 2012 was a lit year

Written By: unicornic on 12/10/17 at 9:49 am

I REMEMBER THAT XD  Remember when we were at the Plaza and me and you were both dancing and singing Baby by Justin Bieber and everyone was like "eww" and "go away" but we just kept on singing it  ;D ;D ;D ;D I even remember us dancing together alone at that chill beach and chatting xD

I swear 2012 was a lit year

Omg there was actually a user who private messaged me that day saying he’ll report me for awful singing. ;D

I really thought 2012 would actually be the end of the world since Pandanda was closing October that year.

Written By: Rainbowz on 12/10/17 at 9:54 am

Omg there was actually a user who private messaged me that day saying he’ll report me for awful singing. ;D

I really thought 2012 would actually be the end of the world since Pandanda was closing October that year.

Wow are you serious XD he was probably jealous of our singing  ;D ;D
Both 2012 and 2013 were probably the most lit years I've had so far. Sure Pandanda closed in October 2012, but then I found out about ROBLOX in January 2013 and it was just as lit. I remember us both visiting Welcome To The Town Of ROBLOXia and I had safechat on because I actually put my real age on there  ;D

Written By: unicornic on 12/10/17 at 9:58 am

Wow are you serious XD he was probably jealous of our singing  ;D ;D
Both 2012 and 2013 were probably the most lit years I've had so far. Sure Pandanda closed in October 2012, but then I found out about ROBLOX in January 2013 and it was just as lit. I remember us both visiting Welcome To The Town Of ROBLOXia and I had safechat on because I actually put my real age on there  ;D

REMEMBER THAT ORB GAME WHEN WE WOULD ASK IT QUESTIONS AND IT WOULD ANSWER US  ;D

Written By: Rainbowz on 12/10/17 at 10:01 am

REMEMBER THAT ORB GAME WHEN WE WOULD ASK IT QUESTIONS AND IT WOULD ANSWER US  ;D

DUDE! I REMEMBER THAT GAME LMAO I WAS IN LOVE WITH IT I REMEMBER ASKING IT IF I WOULD EVER GET BC AND I FORGOT WHAT IT ANSWERED I THINK IT ANSWERED YES  XD.

REMEMBER BOYS VS GIRLS ISLAND WARS THAT WE ALWAYS PLAYED TOGETHER IN THE SUMMER OF 2013? AND WE WOULD ALSO GO TO DAZZLE CHEER SQUAD PRACTICE TOO.

Written By: unicornic on 12/10/17 at 10:11 am

DUDE! I REMEMBER THAT GAME LMAO I WAS IN LOVE WITH IT I REMEMBER ASKING IT IF I WOULD EVER GET BC AND I FORGOT WHAT IT ANSWERED I THINK IT ANSWERED YES  XD.

REMEMBER BOYS VS GIRLS ISLAND WARS THAT WE ALWAYS PLAYED TOGETHER IN THE SUMMER OF 2013? AND WE WOULD ALSO GO TO DAZZLE CHEER SQUAD PRACTICE TOO.

DAZZLE CHEER SQUAD :o  OMG I AM DROWNING IN NOSTALGIA  ;D These songs give me nostalgia
bkk2H3Ztrfk
5NV6Rdv1a3I
kYtGl1dX5qI
AtKZKl7Bgu0

Written By: Rainbowz on 12/10/17 at 10:13 am

DAZZLE CHEER SQUAD :o  OMG I AM DROWNING IN NOSTALGIA  ;D These songs give me nostalgia
bkk2H3Ztrfk
5NV6Rdv1a3I
kYtGl1dX5qI
AtKZKl7Bgu0

I remember when we both loved that first song XD it does bring back memories

Written By: mxcrashxm on 12/10/17 at 10:47 am

I agree! It was one of the best eras of pop culture. Everything was still diverse in term of music, games, films, etc., and the general atmosphere was overall positive. The only things that were terrible were the attacks and the economy since the Great Recession had just ended, and there was barely any recovery.

The early 2010s. When the world was slightly more positive, and the music was a tad bit better. Or at least that's what my biased views tell me.
No, you're not biased at all because many people feel that way about the early 10s. It was fantastic! :) :D

For Rainbow and Unicorn, did/do you two attend the same schools together? It seems that you both go way back.

Written By: unicornic on 12/10/17 at 11:19 am

I agree! It was one of the best eras of pop culture. Everything was still diverse in term of music, games, films, etc., and the general atmosphere was overall positive. The only things that were terrible were the attacks and the economy since the Great Recession had just ended, and there was barely any recovery.
No, you're not biased at all because many people feel that way about the early 10s. It was fantastic! :) :D

For Rainbow and Unicorn, did/do you two attend the same schools together? It seems that you both go way back.

No. We met on Pandanda 5 years ago. I have her old YouTube so we could still talk.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/10/17 at 11:41 am

I disagree. I think the early 2010s were very bad, except for 2013. Actually we're all biased because it can't be objectively fantastic, it's all opinion.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 12/10/17 at 11:46 am

No. We met on Pandanda 5 years ago. I have her old YouTube so we could still talk.
I think Pandanda is another less known social media site correct? And that's good that you both met that way. It seems like you two have a lot in common :).

I disagree. I think the early 2010s were awful, except for 2013. We're all biased because it can't be objectively fantastic, it's all opinion.
That's fine. I already know you don't like that era except for a few songs you mentioned.

Written By: Rainbowz on 12/10/17 at 1:47 pm

I think Pandanda is another less known social media site correct? And that's good that you both met that way. It seems like you two have a lot in common :).
That's fine. I already know you don't like that era except for a few songs you mentioned.

Pandanda is an online kids game that closed on October 28th, 2012.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 12/10/17 at 2:26 pm

Pandanda is an online kids game that closed on October 28th, 2012.
Oh. Well, still you two were lucky to meet each other before it closed down, and you're great friends together today.

Written By: pink.panda_v3 on 12/10/17 at 6:19 pm

The early 2010s were a good era.  8)

During the 2009-2010 school year, these things were inescapable.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41HKPaoEwQL._SY300_.jpg
And these.

http://cdn.toy-tma.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Zhu-Zhu-Pets-Quartet.jpg
And then in 2012, this song exploded in popularity.

9bZkp7q19f0
Every girl in school showed up wearing these in 2013.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/74/1f/e6/741fe69abc18ec638d2e266d6ae6e7f9--bracelets-%C3%A9lastiques-rainbow-loom-bracelets.jpg
And everybody was doing this.

8f7wj_RcqYk

Written By: Wobo on 12/10/17 at 6:57 pm

2009-11 were the best years of my life.  I'm not sure if my life will ever be as awesome as it was then.  Everything was just so easygoing and positive.  Here are a few songs that I think really capture the zeitgeist of that era.

QzlNFcT2aOE

H_3XsZJnMLQ

vHJAUuicC0Q

adGVpCsf9N4

1sm4P7DnbPc

0hGFE7cHa2I

oCCnxBos10

Io1LquT7hiA

mXvmSaE0JXA

4JipHEz53sU

OYws8biwOYc

y_SI2EDM6Lo

edP0L6LQzZE

Super Bass was uploaded on my 7th birthday. :P

Written By: Wobo on 12/10/17 at 7:03 pm

The early 2010s were a good era.  8)

During the 2009-2010 school year, these things were inescapable.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41HKPaoEwQL._SY300_.jpg
And these.

http://cdn.toy-tma.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Zhu-Zhu-Pets-Quartet.jpg
And then in 2012, this song exploded in popularity.

9bZkp7q19f0
Every girl in school showed up wearing these in 2013.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/74/1f/e6/741fe69abc18ec638d2e266d6ae6e7f9--bracelets-%C3%A9lastiques-rainbow-loom-bracelets.jpg
And everybody was doing this.

8f7wj_RcqYk

I remember having silly bands and Zhu Zhu pets I also remember gangnam style.

Written By: pink.panda_v3 on 12/10/17 at 7:05 pm

I remember having silly bands and Zhu Zhu pets I also remember gangnam style.

Yeah, those were the days, right?

Written By: Wobo on 12/10/17 at 7:08 pm

Yeah, those were the days, right?

Yup

Written By: Wobo on 12/10/17 at 7:12 pm

I kind of miss the Early 2010s especially 2012-2013 I was 8-9 during those years 2010-2011 were also good years I was in kindergarten and also 1st grade including 2nd I still remember my first day in kindergarten like in 2010 or 2009.

2012-2013 is what I mostly miss i made friends during those years I had 2 Wiis ect and I also watched vortexx in tv every morning when I didn't have cable.

Written By: christopher on 12/11/17 at 2:30 pm

2009-11 were the best years of my life.  I'm not sure if my life will ever be as awesome as it was then.  Everything was just so easygoing and positive.

I share this view but mostly for 2013 and very early 2014 for my personal life.
When it comes to cars, mobile phones, tech and music I like the whole 2009-2013 era.
Really easy going era. I was 25 in 2013 and had a great job with no drama unlike now. The only thing better in 2017 is that it's I made friends - back then I didn't have any as I have graduated from uni and was too busy to look for a job in 2011 and 2012 so didn't have much time for going out. I didn't have friends, worked a low-paid job but had less stress on it and I was in love with life. Now I work in a big multinational, make more money and made some friends but somehow I don't feel happy. I don't miss having 0 friends, but I do miss pop culture and miss the love of life I had back then, that's for sure. :)

Written By: kr37 on 12/11/17 at 3:57 pm

I do see the 2010s as a fun era, for me it was basically my middle school era. I think it's interesting to read perspectives on this time from users who were different ages than I was at the time, especially younger people. I'm sure I would remember it quite differently if I had been a different age at the time.
SillyBandz are so associated with the spring of sixth grade (2010) to me. That was one of my favorite times of my life so far. I remember there was a lot of excitement with me and my friends over it being a new decade. Maybe it's just my perception because I was really just starting to use it, but I remember technology being a bigger deal at the time. I remember that the release of the iPad was a big deal. It seems that technology doesn't excite people in quite the same way, although I personally love iPads partially because I remember the excitement over them as being at such a good time.

Written By: pink.panda_v3 on 12/11/17 at 5:59 pm

I do see the 2010s as a fun era, for me it was basically my middle school era. I think it's interesting to read perspectives on this time from users who were different ages than I was at the time, especially younger people. I'm sure I would remember it quite differently if I had been a different age at the time.
SillyBandz are so associated with the spring of sixth grade (2010) to me. That was one of my favorite times of my life so far. I remember there was a lot of excitement with me and my friends over it being a new decade. Maybe it's just my perception because I was really just starting to use it, but I remember technology being a bigger deal at the time. I remember that the release of the iPad was a big deal. It seems that technology doesn't excite people in quite the same way, although I personally love iPads partially because I remember the excitement over them as being at such a good time.

I was in elementary back then and it was great.  8)

Written By: Rainbowz on 12/11/17 at 6:05 pm

I was in elementary back then and it was great.  8)

I agree. 2012 and 2013 were probably the best years for me and the pop culture IMO

Written By: 2001 on 12/11/17 at 6:08 pm

My sister fell really ill in 2013, and that puts an abrupt end to what I consider "the early 2010s". I'm not sure if I prefer the mid-2010s or early 2010s. Mid-2010s, as my sig says, has the worst of times in my life, as well as the best of times (university life in general). I guess I'll have to see in retrospect. Still though, what an amazing decade this is ^^

Aww, I wrote this at the end of 2015. Now with the mid-2010s firmly in the rear view mirror (:\'(), I have to say I slightly prefer the mid-2010s over the early 2010s. The mid-2010s had lower lows but had higher highs, and I wouldn't trade those highs for anything in the world. I'm going to miss it!  However 2017 is so far probably the best year of my life (I had a rough patch about a week ago but I think I'm over it), the late '10s have potential. Like I said back then "what an amazing decade this is" :D

Written By: bchris02 on 12/11/17 at 6:54 pm

Aww, I wrote this at the end of 2015. Now with the mid-2010s firmly in the rear view mirror (:\'(), I have to say I slightly prefer the mid-2010s over the early 2010s. The mid-2010s had lower lows but had higher highs, and I wouldn't trade those highs for anything in the world. I'm going to miss it!  However 2017 is so far probably the best year of my life (I had a rough patch about a week ago but I think I'm over it), the late '10s have potential. Like I said back then "what an amazing decade this is" :D

Good to hear that you've had a great year.  There are aspects of this decade that I will really miss.  I honestly wish I would have experienced it under different circumstances.  The mid '10s would have been a great era had my personal life not sucked so much through those years.  However, they seem like a black hole to me.  I look back at fashion and trends and what not during those years and I wish I could have been a part of them.  I couldn't because I couldn't express myself.  I had to be the person that my family and my church wanted me to be.  I wish that I could have been into social media.  I wish I could have been me.

Looking back, I feel like my life ended in 2012.  2017 has not been quite as bad as 2013-2016 but I still long for 2009-2011 so much that it's painful.  If I just had a way to escape this small, backwater, homophobic town and return to the real world.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 12/11/17 at 8:55 pm

QzlNFcT2aOE

H_3XsZJnMLQ

vHJAUuicC0Q

adGVpCsf9N4

1sm4P7DnbPc

0hGFE7cHa2I

oCCnxBos10

Io1LquT7hiA

mXvmSaE0JXA

4JipHEz53sU

OYws8biwOYc

y_SI2EDM6Lo

edP0L6LQzZE

Is it bad that i'm not even familiar with some of those songs? :P  :-X

Written By: christopher on 12/12/17 at 1:13 am

Good to hear that you've had a great year.  There are aspects of this decade that I will really miss.  I honestly wish I would have experienced it under different circumstances.  The mid '10s would have been a great era had my personal life not sucked so much through those years.  However, they seem like a black hole to me.  I look back at fashion and trends and what not during those years and I wish I could have been a part of them.  I couldn't because I couldn't express myself.  I had to be the person that my family and my church wanted me to be.  I wish that I could have been into social media.  I wish I could have been me.

Looking back, I feel like my life ended in 2012.  2017 has not been quite as bad as 2013-2016 but I still long for 2009-2011 so much that it's painful.  If I just had a way to escape this small, backwater, homophobic town and return to the real world.

I've been battling depression since 2001, but in some years I had luck for it to go away like 2003, 2013-early 2014. So of course I miss those years the most. In late 2014 I went abroad to a place where I faced discrimination (apparently we Europeans are xenophobic towards other Europeans*), so my depression came back full force. So of course I will not remember mid 2014-2017 very fondly. 2012 was also hard and my grandma died then but at least I had pop culture and tech/cars to uplift me, now even pop culture is depressing to me. 2013 was sooooo good a year it felt like I was a teen again! :) Everything in the world seemed so fresh and new. I don't care that I'm not part of the age cohort that music was marketed to, I miss Top 40 music from 2012-2013 so much, for me it is the good old days, just as for someone that was in school back then. :) "We are never ever ever getting back together", "and we danced all night to the best song ever", "get lucky", I have so much happy memories on those songs.

*I used to live in the Netherlands from late 2014 to early 2017 and at one time I had a panic attack when I heard someone speaking Dutch, it was that bad. Of course I was not living in Amsterdam, but in smaller (and I presume, more xenophobic) towns. One was actually part of the Dutch bible belt. Then I went to Prague and again I was disillusioned -- the customer service is terrible. So long to my European dream - I guess going around Europe, expecting American-like friendly behavior is too much. Then again I've never been to Spain or Portugal yet, and people say they are more open and friendly, who knows?

And yep, I do miss the less terrorist attacks days in the early 2010s. But I guess if a white Eastern European like me studying in the Netherlands (and paying by my own money) can get the xenophobic treatment I can't imagine how hard it is for someone that physically looks non local. Maybe it's my fault that I expected the Dutch to be like the Americans - extroverted and really friendly and welcoming, I don't know. As for the Czech -- the sooner I leave the better. :)

Written By: christopher on 12/12/17 at 1:59 am

I think Brainwave Entertainment like binaural beats was better in the early 2010s. I do enjoy that now you have videos on youtube frequencies about all kinds of purposes (build muscles fast and even change your eye color lol). However, it seems that most of them do not work as strong as the binaural beats videos from 2010-2014. Not only that but it is very hard to find the old ones if you have deleted the converted .mp3 files from your PC. Many were deleted and only a few were uploaded again, like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg-mQjQEI4Y

Don't be fooled by the date, the original video was from 2013.

But things have gone to ridiculousness - it's hard to find the older videos that actually worked in the sea of useless too-good-to-be-true promising newer ones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UylFeuyR1nQ :D And also those where some voices are repeating something IMO don't work. So the variety and quantity of BWE videos has gone up, but the effectiveness and quality has gone down.

Written By: ofkx on 12/12/17 at 5:41 am

Am I the only one that doesn't actually like the early 2010s? It was like everything was aimed at 12 year old pubescent boys with things like Gangnam Style, What Does The Fox Say, Pewdiepie, etc.... that are all super immature. While there were def good things about it, mid-10s to now is hella better IMO.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/12/17 at 2:24 pm

Am I the only one that doesn't actually like the early 2010s? It was like everything was aimed at 12 year old pubescent boys with things like Gangnam Style, What Does The Fox Say, Pewdiepie, etc.... that are all super immature. While there were def good things about it, mid-10s to now is hella better IMO.

No you're not the only one because I didn't like it either. I didn't like the culture back then too because the music annoyed me and the whole upbeat bright culture thing felt fake and forced because people were still getting over the recession. But also my personal life was horrible in the early 2010s because I went through a very dark period in my life in 2012, that is also another big reason I hated the era. Ages 15 to 17 (2010 - 2012) were very tough for me. My early teen years (13 and 14) in 2008 and 2009 were amazing for my personal life. The only early 2010s year I love is 2013, and that's the tail end of the era and that was my favourite year of the decade. That's the year I graduated high school, turned 18, went on a fun trip in the summer, started post-secondary, and the culture of that year was really good. I much prefer the mid 2010s both culturally and personal-life wise than the early 2010s. I also prefer the late 2010s over the early '10s, although in terms of culture it is almost as bad as the early 2010s now imo, but late '10s are still slightly better. My personal life has never been better though now in the late 2010s.

Written By: 2001 on 12/12/17 at 4:01 pm

Yeah, I feel like you would have really enjoyed the mid-2010s under better circumstances. For example, when gay marriage became legalized nationwide, that should have been a happy time for you. Heck, it's not even my country but even I was extremely happy to see my Facebook alight with profile pics in rainbow and seeing all the support. But where you live, homophobia got worse in a backlash and you don't see it as a positive event. You didn't really get to enjoy it.  :(

I was reading a blog post by a nurse the other day, she said the top regret her dying patients had was that they lived for someone else, and not for themselves. Hopefully you get out of that town soon and get to live the life you deserve.  >:(

Written By: mxcrashxm on 12/12/17 at 9:37 pm

Am I the only one that doesn't actually like the early 2010s? It seems like everything aimed at 12-year-old pubescent boys with things like Gangnam Style, What Does The Fox Say, Pewdiepie, etc. that are all super immature. While there were def good things about it, the mid-10s to now is much better IMO.
No, there are a few others here who don't like the period either; however, that doesn't mean the culture was immature though. Those aspects you listed came out towards the end, so they would not be a representation of the early 10s. Oh, and I'm not sure if you remember, but keep in mind that electropop/EDM music was not the only genre of that period. There was also R&B, Indie, Rock, Soul, Non-Trap Hip-hop, etc.

Written By: 2001 on 12/12/17 at 10:43 pm

I was in university when Gangnam Style got popular; everyone loved it. I wouldn't say it was immature.

Pewdiepie is actually for kids though. That's like saying the '90s is immature because it had Teletubbies ;D

Written By: bchris02 on 12/12/17 at 10:50 pm

Yeah, I feel like you would have really enjoyed the mid-2010s under better circumstances. For example, when gay marriage became legalized nationwide, that should have been a happy time for you. Heck, it's not even my country but even I was extremely happy to see my Facebook alight with profile pics in rainbow and seeing all the support. But where you live, homophobia got worse in a backlash and you don't see it as a positive event. You didn't really get to enjoy it.  :(

I was reading a blog post by a nurse the other day, she said the top regret her dying patients had was that they lived for someone else, and not for themselves. Hopefully you get out of that town soon and get to live the life you deserve.  >:(

It really is hard to believe how far I've regressed in my personal life since the early '10s.  I really wish I could get a do-over for this decade.  In fact, if I could have one wish, it would be to go back to this exact point in 2009 and do it over again.  The only knowledge I would have would be the knowledge that I couldn't under any circumstance cave to my parents because it would ruin my life.  From May 2010 on, I would have had a very different reality.  There was one guy I met that summer (2010) who liked me and I liked him but I didn't pursue it because I was about to go back in the closet and do conversion therapy.  We were perfect for each other. I really wonder what would have become of that.

I was in university when Gangnam Style got popular; everyone loved it. I wouldn't say it was immature.

Yeah I was 26 when it came out.  Everybody loved it.  Even my parents loved it and they usually don't like any current pop music.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/12/17 at 10:50 pm

What Does The Fox Say and Pewdiepie are actually for kids though. That's like saying the '90s is immature because it had Teletubbies ;D

A lot of it did feel immature to me as well. Can't pinpoint exactly what but the entire atmosphere had this immature attitude where things that were popular were so corny but masked as being authentic. And when hipsters came in 2011 it got even worse because it became this holier than thou attitude that got popularized. Although I did like Gangnam Style even though it was another dumb trend. I did like the uniqueness of it.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 12/12/17 at 11:19 pm

I guess that's why I liked the early 2010s then.....I literally WAS a 12 year old pubescent boy ;D ;D. But I like both early and mid 2010s culture equally, it's more late 2010s culture which I haven't liked too much so far, although that can change :P

Written By: ofkx on 12/13/17 at 5:25 am

Pewdiepie is actually for kids though. That's like saying the '90s is immature because it had Teletubbies ;D

Everybody from all ages definitely loved it. I know I did ;D. But that doesn't mean the music video and the dance weren't a bit childish.
Kinda like the whip and nae nae.

Written By: christopher on 12/13/17 at 9:11 am

Guys, are lyric videos a thing of the early 2010s? I remember lyric music videos were very popular circa 2012-2013, right? Haven't seen many lately. I remember I was watching VH1 and saw the lyric version of We Are Never Getting Back Together. Later in 2013 I found other ones on YouTube. Maybe it was just a minor trend, alike the disco revival of 2013.

Written By: ofkx on 12/13/17 at 9:21 am

Guys, are lyric videos a thing of the early 2010s? I remember lyric music videos were very popular circa 2012-2013, right? Haven't seen many lately. I remember I was watching VH1 and saw the lyric version of We Are Never Getting Back Together. Later in 2013 I found other ones on YouTube. Maybe it was just a minor trend, alike the disco revival of 2013.

Like, windows movie maker lyric videos? Those have been a thing since youtube became a thing. But if you mean actual official lyric videos, then no. They're still a thing. I've probably seen around 5 lyric videos this week.

Written By: christopher on 12/13/17 at 9:22 am

^Yes, I mean actual, official ones by big top 40 artists.

As for remembering the early 2010s, I still have some clothes from back then and in fact I treasure them more than later additions from not so good times... ;)

Written By: Slim95 on 12/13/17 at 12:00 pm

^Yes, I mean actual, official ones by big top 40 artists.

As for remembering the early 2010s, I still have some clothes from back then and in fact I treasure them more than later additions from not so good times... ;)

I noticed the lyric video trend start in 2015 personally. Although you're right I haven't ssen one in a while. It definitely didn't happen in the 2000s. But now with YouTube and easy editing they released official lyric videos along with music videos.

Written By: 2001 on 12/13/17 at 2:17 pm

Everything has a lyric video these days. I know Katy Perry released two this year (Chained To The Rhythm and Swish Swish)

Written By: christopher on 12/13/17 at 6:20 pm

Nice to hear! So do they show both versions on music TV?

As I worked in tech sales several years ago I totally forgot: Blackberry! They were big in circa 2010? Not sure, but deffinitely no longer relevant.
In 2013 they were still kinda relevant in my small country (even a local radio show was sponsored by them). In spring 2014 they dropped the sponsorship.

Now I’m also in IT and it’s all cloud this automation that and lots of political agendas from both sides. I don’t really care much for cloud or the still redundant automation, I’m still waiting for home butler robots. ;)

I miss being able to escape politics altogether in the early 2010s, now it’s everywhere and seems like almost everyone starts talking politics and conspiracies. Also I hope eomen getting angry over manspreading stops — if there are free places and the person is not pushing anyone it’s OTT to complain. I hope we will get back to simplicity. I will read pages 75 to 100 of this subforum, I want to preserve the memories of those years. :)

I really call 2013 my coming of age year. I was 24 going on 25 but I matured a lot in that year that I changed a lot. Also for the first time since 2001 I enjoyed current music and culture. I think avoiding politics helped in that, have to stop reading political sites again. I’m the biggest fan of 2013 in the world but culturally and for personal life I include the early months of 2014 into it. Summers of 2008-2012 were not bad either but rest of those years were too heavy due to personal issues. :)

Written By: Slim95 on 12/13/17 at 6:37 pm

I’m the biggest fan of 2013 in the world but culturally and for personal life I include the early months of 2014 into it. Summers of 2008-2012 were not bad either but rest of those years were too heavy due to personal issues. :)

I think I have that title.  ;) ;D I agree 2013 was amazing. Probably my favourite year of all time. Everything was good that year from music, culture, my personal life, etc. I turned 18 that year. 2013 was absolutely the best cultural year of the 2010s and I see it as the quenessential year of the 2010s in many ways too.

Written By: 2001 on 12/13/17 at 6:58 pm

It really is hard to believe how far I've regressed in my personal life since the early '10s.  I really wish I could get a do-over for this decade.  In fact, if I could have one wish, it would be to go back to this exact point in 2009 and do it over again.  The only knowledge I would have would be the knowledge that I couldn't under any circumstance cave to my parents because it would ruin my life.  From May 2010 on, I would have had a very different reality.  There was one guy I met that summer (2010) who liked me and I liked him but I didn't pursue it because I was about to go back in the closet and do conversion therapy.  We were perfect for each other. I really wonder what would have become of that.

Yeah I was 26 when it came out.  Everybody loved it.  Even my parents loved it and they usually don't like any current pop music.

I thought you didn't move back until 2012? Or you started conversion therapy in 2010?  :-\\

Written By: 2001 on 12/13/17 at 7:16 pm

I've been battling depression since 2001, but in some years I had luck for it to go away like 2003, 2013-early 2014. So of course I miss those years the most. In late 2014 I went abroad to a place where I faced discrimination (apparently we Europeans are xenophobic towards other Europeans*), so my depression came back full force. So of course I will not remember mid 2014-2017 very fondly. 2012 was also hard and my grandma died then but at least I had pop culture and tech/cars to uplift me, now even pop culture is depressing to me. 2013 was sooooo good a year it felt like I was a teen again! :) Everything in the world seemed so fresh and new. I don't care that I'm not part of the age cohort that music was marketed to, I miss Top 40 music from 2012-2013 so much, for me it is the good old days, just as for someone that was in school back then. :) "We are never ever ever getting back together", "and we danced all night to the best song ever", "get lucky", I have so much happy memories on those songs.

*I used to live in the Netherlands from late 2014 to early 2017 and at one time I had a panic attack when I heard someone speaking Dutch, it was that bad. Of course I was not living in Amsterdam, but in smaller (and I presume, more xenophobic) towns. One was actually part of the Dutch bible belt. Then I went to Prague and again I was disillusioned -- the customer service is terrible. So long to my European dream - I guess going around Europe, expecting American-like friendly behavior is too much. Then again I've never been to Spain or Portugal yet, and people say they are more open and friendly, who knows?

And yep, I do miss the less terrorist attacks days in the early 2010s. But I guess if a white Eastern European like me studying in the Netherlands (and paying by my own money) can get the xenophobic treatment I can't imagine how hard it is for someone that physically looks non local. Maybe it's my fault that I expected the Dutch to be like the Americans - extroverted and really friendly and welcoming, I don't know. As for the Czech -- the sooner I leave the better. :)

I feel like even though they voted for Brexit, the UK is probably still the least racist country in Europe. It's either UK, Sweden or Ireland. I don't know about Spain, I heard it's not so good if you're Latin American or African.

Written By: 2001 on 12/13/17 at 7:29 pm

Nice to hear! So do they show both versions on music TV?

As I worked in tech sales several years ago I totally forgot: Blackberry! They were big in circa 2010? Not sure, but deffinitely no longer relevant.
In 2013 they were still kinda relevant in my small country (even a local radio show was sponsored by them). In spring 2014 they dropped the sponsorship.

Now I’m also in IT and it’s all cloud this automation that and lots of political agendas from both sides. I don’t really care much for cloud or the still redundant automation, I’m still waiting for home butler robots. ;)

I miss being able to escape politics altogether in the early 2010s, now it’s everywhere and seems like almost everyone starts talking politics and conspiracies. Also I hope eomen getting angry over manspreading stops — if there are free places and the person is not pushing anyone it’s OTT to complain. I hope we will get back to simplicity. I will read pages 75 to 100 of this subforum, I want to preserve the memories of those years. :)

I really call 2013 my coming of age year. I was 24 going on 25 but I matured a lot in that year that I changed a lot. Also for the first time since 2001 I enjoyed current music and culture. I think avoiding politics helped in that, have to stop reading political sites again. I’m the biggest fan of 2013 in the world but culturally and for personal life I include the early months of 2014 into it. Summers of 2008-2012 were not bad either but rest of those years were too heavy due to personal issues. :)

Yeah, Blackberry was big 2008-2011ish. Everybody on Facebook would post their BBM number after they bought a Blackberry.

Written By: bchris02 on 12/14/17 at 2:19 pm

I thought you didn't move back until 2012? Or you started conversion therapy in 2010?  :-\\

I promised my parents I would go back in the closet in 2010, which I did towards the end of that year.  I moved back home in 2012 and did conversion therapy in 2013-14.

Written By: 2001 on 12/14/17 at 9:11 pm

I promised my parents I would go back in the closet in 2010, which I did towards the end of that year.  I moved back home in 2012 and did conversion therapy in 2013-14.

F*ck that's horrible  :( I was just thinking, you were my age back then (24). At that age it's still easy to get influenced by your parents. And when your parents are already that old, there's no way you can get them to change their mind about anything. I can't believe they put you through conversion therapy...

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 12/15/17 at 12:13 am

I wasn't that big of a fan of this time period culturally and DAMN SURE not personal life wise. But this era was CULTURAL SPEAKING, slightly better than the mid 2010s. Anyways, lookin back I wish I was my age then instead of now. The era seemed A LOT more fun and energetic LIFESTYLE wise being a young adult unlike the current environment/atmosphere.

Written By: christopher on 12/15/17 at 1:29 am

Music back there was good although I didn't always feel that way as I was having panic attacks back then and you know modern music is LOUD, all high tones and no low ones (the Loudness war). I am very very hard to please and with exposure I liked music from 2012-2013 solely on what I was hearing on the radio (top 40 radio). I was no longer watching MTV or VH1 like I did in 2002-2007 (when ironically most music was worse IMO, at least in 2005-2007). I know Miley for example caused an outcry with her videos, but if you disregard the videos, her 2013 hits were great pop songs. Also I bet most people listening to One Direction back then liked their sound if they didn't know who they were if the radio host didn't identify them as 1D. There just is social stigmata to many artists as worthless and only suitable for little girls. That's very unfortunate. I was 25, a straight white male in love with those pop/rock era songs. But maybe it's because I'm Southern European, we've been far more accepting of dance-y and pop music than your average Joe from the West. ;) Heck, I even digged some Justin Bieber, Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez songs as a 24-25 year old! Not knowing who is singing makes you more free to like a song, regardless of who sings.

The only thing I think was a problem was that most songs were too LOUD to listen very loud in a small room so you had to turn the radio a bit down but that's true now as well. As I was having panic attacks for a few months back then I had to ask my coworkers to lower the volume a bit not to trigger me. But looking back, I think music sounded so nice. And had great variety - from Gotye trough fun. to Carly Rae Jepsen.

Most cars were better-looking (save for Mazda maybe) in my opinion. Not fan of newer generations and current face-lifts. Ford's pillarless van B-max (lacking a b-pillar with open front and back doors) was very quirky. It didn't sell well and they axed it this year but it sure will be I remember how Ford's Ecoboost won the "International Engine of the Year 2012" title. I also miss that crossovers were still not as big as now. Now even hot hatches are made to look like a crossover.

All in all it was a great time to be 22-25 in 2010-2013 for me. I wish in my personal life one day I will be as happy as I was in 2013 and early 2014.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/15/17 at 1:55 am

I wasn't that big of a fan of this time period culturally and DAMN SURE not personal life wise. But this era was CULTURAL SPEAKING, slightly better than the mid 2010s. Anyways, lookin back I wish I was my age then instead of now. The era seemed A LOT more fun and energetic LIFESTYLE wise being a young adult unlike the current environment/atmosphere.

I personally think music and culture was better in the mid and late 2010s. I feel like there is more variety and more quality songs came out in the mid 2010s. I also prefer the late 2010s EDM style (Chainsmokers basically) over early 2010s EDM a lot more.

Written By: christopher on 12/15/17 at 3:05 am

Guys, as I don't want to spam by starting countless threads about #everything@early2010s I'd like to know how were 2010-2013 in console, mobile and PC gaming?
I know it was a war of Xbox One vs PS 4 in late 2013/early 2014, but PS 3 was still big in 2010-most of 2013. Is that correct? What other consoles were there? Any handheld devices or smartphones were so big that they basically replaced them? Talking about them, I remember Angry Birds was huuuge. But what other games? I've seen Candy Crush mentioned in threads from 2013 here. What would a Windows PC have installed in terms of games back in 2010-2013? I'm mostly into sport games and racing ones, puzzles, etc.

Sounds like I've just crawled from under a rock, but I quit gaming when GTA San Andreas was still a thing lol. Ironically back in 2013 I worked in PC sales and I remember Razer gaming mice and keyboards. I know I can google "biggest games of 2013" but there are differences in real-person perspective. I mean not everyone plays the latest and newest so I bet many people in say 2013 played a lot of games that originally came out in 2009-2012. With free mobile games such a search would be more truthful. :)

-------------back to music---------------------
Just listened to Can't Hold Us on YouTube and had an auditory deja vu lol. Even if I didn't know the names of most of the songs and artists I was listening on radio back in 2012-2014, when I listen to them today on YouTube I instantly am transported back in those moments. I see the music videos and while some are cool and creative I think music vids are past their prime. Now they mostly substract from a song's quality and cause many people to show snobbery or bigotry. Music critics also notoriously disregard many artists as trashy or "just for teens", "stupid preteen girls", etc. I used to hate many of those artists led by their campy/overly sugary videos before hearing their songs only on radio without knowing it's them so now I appreciate their output. The media and music critics, but also regular people seem to just prejudge artists these days based only on their images and appearances, not on music itself. I bet even Bieber haters would like some of his songs if they didn't know they were by him.

Another thing people forget is not only Blackberry but Windows Phone. For a while it was almost relevant, like in 2012-2013 with the Nokia Lumia line, especially the 520 was very popular. Then it just lost ground. I even saw it in We Are Young music video.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 12/21/17 at 12:16 pm

Guys, as I don't want to spam by starting countless threads about #everything@early2010s, I'd like to know how were 2010-2013 in the console, mobile, and PC gaming?

I know it was a war of Xbox One vs. PS 4 in late 2013/early 2014, but PS 3 was still significant in 2010-most of 2013. Is that correct? What were other consoles there? Any handheld devices or smartphones were so big that they replaced them? Talking about them, I remember Angry Birds was huge. But what other games? I've seen Candy Crush mentioned in threads from 2013 here. What did a Windows PC had installed regarding games back in 2010-2013? I'm mostly into sports games and racing ones, puzzles, etc.

It sounds like I've just crawled from under a rock, but I quit gaming when GTA San Andreas was still a thing lol. Ironically back in 2013, I worked in PC sales, and I remember Razer gaming mice and keyboards. I know I can google "biggest games of 2013," but there are differences in real-person perspective. I mean not everyone plays the latest and newest, so I bet many people in say 2013 played a lot of games that originally came out in 2009-2012. With free mobile games, such a search would be more truthful. :)

Another thing people forget is not only Blackberry but Windows Phone. For a while, it was almost relevant, like in 2012-2013 with the Nokia Lumia line, especially the 520 was very popular. Then it just lost ground. I even saw it in We Are Young music video.
It was still diverse in gaming during that timeframe. Yeah, FPS was massive, but there was also racing, fighting, sports, puzzle, etc.

Yeah, it's true it was; however, the Xbox 360 and the 3DS was still significant as well. Another game that was popular for a short time was Flappy Bird. I don't know if you remember it. Oh, and I don't think people were installing games anymore on PCs since now there was Steam which is what PC gamers use.

This! It now seems that Window phones are a forgotten item considering they were famous for some time and folks were able to sync everything from the computers to that and vice versa.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/21/17 at 3:45 pm

Windows phone was never that popular. They were always the third option after iOS and Android. I remember in 2012 I was hoping Windows phone would get more apps and be a viable third choice.

Written By: kr37 on 12/21/17 at 4:48 pm

I still have a Windows phone that works fine, but it is now a few years old. I think it's a nice design but it just never caught on being crowded out by iPhone and Android.

Written By: christopher on 03/02/18 at 7:18 am

I miss my Nokia Lumia, Gotye, Gangnam Style and Louise Hay. I miss being gluten-free in 2013-2014 and no longer having tummy trouble. I miss how simple and happy my life was back then. I was so naive and still believed other European countries are just like America. I miss working on Windows 7 (I hate Windows 10). Skype looked better and our version of OLX (Amazon-like Euro chain) back then was better and had its original name. I miss working in a tech startup vs. those huge Top 400 companies.

Written By: ofkx on 03/02/18 at 7:52 am

Actually, I take back what I said. I’ve been feeling pretty nostalgic for the early 2010s recently and I have no idea why I said it was aimed at pubescent boys as a BAD thing since I myself was a pubescent boy (8-11) during it  ;D.

Written By: piecesof93 on 03/02/18 at 10:25 am

Actually, I take back what I said. I’ve been feeling pretty nostalgic for the early 2010s recently and I have no idea why I said it was aimed at pubescent boys as a BAD thing since I myself was a pubescent boy (8-11) during it  ;D.

You probably said it because you're older now and pop culture from the early 2010s wouldn't appeal to you today.

Written By: christopher on 03/02/18 at 10:54 am

In 2010-2013 cars still looked more different than one another. Hyundai were more willing to push car styling boundaries. The latest Elantra, i30 etc. usually play it too safe. I also don’t like how now cars are trying too hard to look like hip, techie products. And the latest LED headlight trends are not nice.

As for Apple, I think the iPhone is past it’s huge glory days. I got one just last year though lol, quite a late adopter. The only thing found in iPhone I can think of the Android phones lack is restrictions - it’s great for net addicts (although with 3rd party browsers I can still access social mediaand web forums).

K9 web protection was the best early 2010s program for net addicts, I hope it becomes trendy again as it’s free and great.

Going gluten free and mostly sugar-free in 2013 was great for me, I was as happy as in my childhood. I miss the early 2010s, especially 2013 and early 2014. Also the blue/gray themes in Office 2010 wereeasier on my eyes than the themes in the latest office releases.

Written By: Slim95 on 03/03/18 at 1:57 am

I remember this song was super popular in 2012. It really screams early 2010s.

DfiwV3Y45lk

Written By: Wobo on 03/03/18 at 8:29 am

I remember this song was super popular in 2012. It really screams early 2010s.

DfiwV3Y45lk

This is also screams early 2010s
6WJFjXtHcy4

Written By: Dundee on 03/03/18 at 10:50 am

^I don't remember any of those songs lol

If I had to pick ONE song to represent the 2010s musically it would be this one:

H7HmzwI67ec

It's upbeat, electropop and the clip is full-on hipsterism :D

Written By: ofkx on 03/03/18 at 11:17 am

If I had to pick ONE song to represent the 2010s musically it would be this one:

H7HmzwI67ec

This song got very old, VERY fast. It has zero replayability ;D.

Written By: ofkx on 03/04/18 at 1:16 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXO-jKksQkM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJSfieToXSQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbzSzFvmuGY
These were one of the few songs I had on my Blackberry. I thought I was the coolest ten year old because I listened to dubstep ;D.

Written By: Slim95 on 03/04/18 at 5:37 pm

Honestly lately I have been feeling like the early 2010s are quite distant. I didn't think this before but only this year it "clicked". It really does feel kind of distant now. Maybe not a different world but definitely a different era especially politically. But even then you can't deny even today we still have things from the early 2010s such as the flat colourful logo designs and focus on smartphones. So even if it is still part of the same "world", it still feels distant and removed now, and a couple things from then can be dated by today's standards. I mean I can honestly say dubstep is dated now, who still listens to dubstep it has become very uncool and trap is the in thing right now.

Written By: 2001 on 03/04/18 at 5:51 pm

Honestly lately I have been feeling like the early 2010s are quite distant. I didn't think this before but only this year it "clicked". It really does feel kind of distant now. Maybe not a different world but definitely a different era especially politically. But even then you can't deny even today we still have things from the early 2010s such as the flat colourful logo designs and focus on smartphones. So even if it is still part of the same "world", it still feels distant and removed now, and a couple things from then can be dated by today's standards.

Material design was more of a 2013/2014 thing. When Google released their material design guide for app developers in 2014 is when I think it truly took off. There were hints of it before with the Metro design by Microsoft but it was beginning in earnest.  If you look at Android 4.x or anything before iPhone 5S (2013) it's still the glossy Windows 7 kind of look.

iPhone 5 and Nexus 5 (from 2013), as you can see it's still a 3D look

https://www.imore.com/sites/imore.com/files/field/image/2014/03/topic_iphone_5.png
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ed/Nexus_5_%281%29.jpg/300px-Nexus_5_%281%29.jpg

And here are the iPhone 5S and Nexus 6 (from late 2014)

https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/936ca7e1-1091-411b-98fb-e4177e749e67_1.5b3d4a5fba8e6d98a830ee521521fc5b.jpeg
https://dzvfs5sz5rprz.cloudfront.net/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1200x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/m/o/motorola_nexus_6_4g_32gb_midnight_blue_3.jpg

Written By: Slim95 on 03/04/18 at 6:02 pm

Material design was more of a 2013/2014 thing. When Google released their material design guide for app developers in 2014 is when I think it truly took off. There were hints of it before with the Metro design by Microsoft but it was beginning in earnest.  If you look at Android 4.x or anything before iPhone 5S (2013) it's still the glossy Windows 7 kind of look.

iPhone 5 and Nexus 5 (from 2013), as you can see it's still a 3D look

The flat colourful design trend actually started 2008 - 2009. This Pepsi commercial from 2009 is an example of it.
gycH-myYbZI 

Around this time, many companies started changing their logos to the flat look. Google for example changed their logo to a more flat look in 2010 I believe. (Not the logo that is out today I know they changed it again). And websites, commercials, videos all started going down the flat trend. Microsoft also jumped on board in 2012 with Windows 8. So this design trend is definitely still around since the early 2010s. That and general smartphone culture which really started getting big in 2011. But you're right that the IPhone didn't jump on board and they were late to the party. Material design is actually a bit different than the flat trend that started in '09. Material design is more about UX and it is a more broad category. At any rate, I really miss the 3D designs of the 2000s. It had more depth and it looked cooler and more futuristic. This flat design trend looks cheesy like the 1980s and I can't wait for it to go away.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/04/18 at 6:16 pm

H7HmzwI67ec

Carly Rae really has a set of choppers on her.

Written By: 2001 on 03/04/18 at 6:36 pm

The flat colourful design trend actually started 2008 - 2009. This Pepsi commercial from 2009 is an example of it.
gycH-myYbZI 

Around this time, many companies started changing their logos to the flat look. Google for example changed their logo to a more flat look in 2010 I believe. (Not the logo that is out today I know they changed it again). And websites, commercials, videos all started going down the flat trend. Microsoft also jumped on board in 2012 with Windows 8. So this design trend is definitely still around since the early 2010s. That and general smartphone culture which really started getting big in 2011. But you're right that the IPhone didn't jump on board and they were late to the party. Material design is actually a bit different than the flat trend that started in '09. Material design is more about UX and it is a more broad category. At any rate, I really miss the 3D designs of the 2000s. It had more depth and it looked cooler and more futuristic. This flat design trend looks cheesy like the 1980s and I can't wait for it to go away.

If you want to get technical, the whole thing is from German/Scandinavian design aesthetics from the mid-2000s, but I was talking about it when it truly became the standard. :P

I think it a little longer still for it to become completely flat.

http://2paulsgoodfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/google-logo-design-history-google-logo-design-history-google-revamps-their-logo-and-changes.jpg

Written By: Slim95 on 03/04/18 at 8:13 pm

If you want to get technical, the whole thing is from German/Scandinavian design aesthetics from the mid-2000s, but I was talking about it when it truly became the standard. :P

I think it a little longer still for it to become completely flat.

http://2paulsgoodfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/google-logo-design-history-google-logo-design-history-google-revamps-their-logo-and-changes.jpg

The whole flat design trend really took off in the early 2010s, started around 2009. By 2013, everyone pretty much jumped ship. Although there are some exceptions for example Subway only changed their logo to the flat design two years ago. I'm hoping this trend goes away but I can see it sticking around for another 5 years.

Written By: bchris02 on 03/05/18 at 11:13 am

H7HmzwI67ec

I loved early Owl City.  However, this is pretty much where he sold out and lost his touch and he hasn't put out any material that comes close to his early stuff since, with the exception of the Ultraviolet EP in 2014.  His latest album is better than Mobile Orchestra but I'm still not crazy about it.  If I had to pick one song to represent the early '10s musically, I would probably be more apt to go with something like this.

pIOOwhmkoLo

Written By: aja675 on 03/07/18 at 9:12 pm

I had lots of fun back then, but looking back, it wouldn't have been possible if I weren't in denial.

Written By: Richbrings2life on 03/07/18 at 10:36 pm

Early 2010s Rap songs (A late 2000's continuation)

Part 1: 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsmqrk7Wgsk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G49Tdw4KDw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UePtoxDhJSw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZogHcKNoMc

Written By: Wobo on 03/08/18 at 9:38 pm

The commercial breaks from the early 2010s gives me nostalgia especially Vortexx in 2012. And when Cartoon Network was fairly good.  :)
6eDZx2BldQE

wrJ4W9q53TA

R_0WoM_DPh4

PXmdLnG6dMc

Written By: Dundee on 03/24/18 at 2:04 pm

Just fell on this video...

2QLXGXbcqVg

FUUUUCCCKKK, nostalgia is a sick bitch >_< So many middle school and high school memories! Doesn't help that these songs for the majority are so upbeat

How can you be so nostalgic for a period not that long ago :\'(?

Written By: Slim95 on 03/24/18 at 2:51 pm

I'm not nostalgic for the early 2010s except for a few rare ok moments. But mostly it was just depression for me that entire era. Being a late teenager sucked for me.

Written By: Wobo on 03/24/18 at 6:05 pm

Just fell on this video...

2QLXGXbcqVg

FUUUUCCCKKK, nostalgia is a sick bitch >_< So many middle school and high school memories! Doesn't help that these songs for the majority are so upbeat

How can you be so nostalgic for a period not that long ago :\'(?

I saw that video yep nostalgia is a pain in the donkey.

Written By: christopher on 04/10/18 at 3:52 pm

I don’t know why but with the exception of the 40s and 70s when I like both parts equally I prefer the early to mid parts of the 80s, 90s and the 2010s. There’s something that makes things in the first few years of a decade more futuristic and experimental.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/10/18 at 4:06 pm

I'm not nostalgic for the early 2010s. Maybe, it's because I was in middle school then and middle school mostly sucked for me.

However, I just don't feel nostalgic over them, they're too recent for me to feel that way.

I do like a good amount of early '10s music though.

Written By: Wobo on 04/10/18 at 4:14 pm

I'm not nostalgic for the early 2010s. Maybe, it's because I was in middle school then and middle school mostly sucked for me.

However, I just don't feel nostalgic over them, they're too recent for me to feel that way.

I do like a good amount of early '10s music though.

Im nostalgic as i was only in elementary school.

Written By: ofkx on 04/10/18 at 4:37 pm

I'm trying hard to be nostalgic for the early 2010s but I just can't lol. I'm nostalgic for everything before 2011 but everything else just seems too recent :\.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/10/18 at 4:43 pm

I'm trying hard to be nostalgic for the early 2010s but I just can't lol. I'm nostalgic for everything before 2011 but everything else just seems too recent :\.

Basically me. However, I would said everything before 2009/2010.

Written By: mqg96 on 04/10/18 at 5:41 pm

The whole flat design trend really took off in the early 2010s, started around 2009. By 2013, everyone pretty much jumped ship. Although there are some exceptions for example Subway only changed their logo to the flat design two years ago. I'm hoping this trend goes away but I can see it sticking around for another 5 years.

You can relate this to Cartoon Network too, when they changed their CGI "CN" logo they used from 2004-2009 into a more flat "CN" logo they've been using since May 2010 to represent their CHECK it design.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/10/18 at 5:44 pm

You can relate this to Cartoon Network too, when they changed their CGI "CN" logo they used from 2004-2009 into a more flat "CN" logo they've been using since May 2010 to represent their CHECK it design.

Yeah, I hate this completely flat and bland logos that many companies have adopted in the past 5-7 years.

WWE, Microsoft, Apple are some examples.

Written By: mqg96 on 04/10/18 at 5:50 pm

Yeah, I hate this completely flat and bland logos that many companies have adopted in the past 5-7 years.

WWE, Microsoft, Apple are some examples.

It's the digital/social media age. That's why. In the future the 3-D, colorful design logos will return by the time we are in the hologram era. Mark my word.

Written By: Wobo on 04/11/18 at 2:36 am

I think the early 2010s will be looked at as one of the most nostalgic and good years like the early 2000s i'd chose the early 2010s over the late 2010s, i would be happy to go back to 2013,2012 or 2011.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 04/13/18 at 10:51 am

Another big thing from the early 10s is the i-pod touch. You don't see nobody with those anymore.

Written By: christopher on 04/14/18 at 3:51 am

I think the early 2010s will be looked at as one of the most nostalgic and good years like the early 2000s i'd chose the early 2010s over the late 2010s, i would be happy to go back to 2013,2012 or 2011.

Me too, well maybe not 2012 due to personal reasons but 2011 and 2013 yes.

Written By: Dr. Mario on 04/15/18 at 12:35 pm

I was 8-11 at this time. Here's something I posted on Popedia.

I was in grades 2nd to 5th during the early 2010s. We had DS/DSi and we anticipated the launch of the 3DS. Flipnote Hantena was funny at the time, but very stupid looking back. We drank the New Super Mario Bros Wii Kool-aid so hard, even though that game was gay looking back. Super Mario Galaxy 2 made are lives complete. The Kinect made us Wii gamers jealous. I got cable in 2012, and me and my siblings would watch CN every Monday evening to catch the new episodes of Adventure Time and Regular Show, keep in mind my older siblings were teenagers. We grew up with YouTube, and those of us who were bold enough to make an account underage, have even more nostalgia for the old YouTube days. This was during the Electropop music era and we liked listening to it during car rides. And I have to mention Domo and silly bands.

Written By: BornIn86 on 04/15/18 at 12:47 pm

I was 8-11 at this time. Here's something I posted on Popedia.

I was in grades 2nd to 5th during the early 2010s. We had DS/DSi and we anticipated the launch of the 3DS. Flipnote Hantena was funny at the time, but very stupid looking back. We drank the New Super Mario Bros Wii Kool-aid so hard, even though that game was gay looking back. Super Mario Galaxy 2 made are lives complete. The Kinect made us Wii gamers jealous. I got cable in 2012, and me and my siblings would watch CN every Monday evening to catch the new episodes of Adventure Time and Regular Show, keep in mind my older siblings were teenagers. We grew up with YouTube, and those of us who were bold enough to make an account underage, have even more nostalgia for the old YouTube days. This was during the Electropop music era and we liked listening to it during car rides. And I have to mention Domo and silly bands.

Do kids still use the word gay in this manner? Ugh. And I actually had a little bit of hope for gen z. :-\\

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/15/18 at 12:48 pm

Do kids still use the word gay in this manner? Ugh. And I actually had a little bit of hope for gen z. :-\\

Some old habits never die :-X.

Written By: 2001 on 04/15/18 at 12:49 pm

I was on a bus full of teen boys last summer and they still use the word fag/******, although I can't remember if they used gay as a synonym for lame. But the teenagers in my city have a bad rap anyway (not me, I moved here when I was 18 y/o uni student thankfully lol).

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/15/18 at 12:50 pm

Yeah but not as much from my experience, so don't lose hope yet. :P

Written By: Wobo on 04/15/18 at 2:56 pm

I was 6-9 in the Early 2010s I have to say it was pretty awesome  Cartoon Network was still watchable for me at least because they had MAD,Adventure Time,Tawog,Regular Show and I remember when Teen Titans Go aired it barely took over the schedule which was good and Nick was still watchable also and I think one environment expirience in the early 2010s was going to the Landry Mat with The Amazing World of Gumball on TV in the laundry mat there are plenty other things I got to experience while being a child in the early 2010s I also remember in 2010 I was 5/6 and I used to see the Shrek Forever after movie commercial all the time and talk about how it was going to come out on in May (because my birthday was in May) Kid trends or trends I remember were Silly Bands being Popular and the song Opa Gangnam Style also being popular like in 2012.

Vortexx was also still watchable in 2012-2013 before it got replaced with some boring weekend mornings program I remember watching Dragon Ball or Sonic X on Vortexx.

Written By: Dr. Mario on 04/15/18 at 3:29 pm

ouch

Do people still use generations in this manner? Ugh. And I actually had a little bit of hope for humanity.

If you don't like the way I use the term "gay", even in the context meaning lame, I really do not care at all.

Written By: piecesof93 on 04/15/18 at 3:33 pm

I've been seeing this term pop up more often recently. It seemed to have died down a bit but it may be making a comeback.

Written By: 2001 on 04/15/18 at 3:44 pm

I've been seeing this term pop up more often recently. It seemed to have died down a bit but it may be making a comeback.

The 2000s revival begins.  :-X

ouch

Do people still use generations in this manner? Ugh. And I actually had a little bit of hope for humanity.

If you don't like the way I use the term "gay", even in the context meaning lame, I really do not care at all.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/200/420/BRTky.jpg?1321408042

Written By: piecesof93 on 04/15/18 at 4:02 pm

I'm a little nostalgic for the early 2010s (2010-2011). It's quite difficult to believe. This must mean that those years are becoming distant.The atmosphere of the early 2010s was completely different from today. Everything was much brighter and campy. Although 2018 is in my top 3 years of this decade, it seems a lot more gloom and bleak than 2010-2011. I do have a soft spot for earlier part of this decade because I remember the first time I heard J. Cole and Kendrick in high school. There's something very touching and organic about seeing how these rappers blossomed into the heavy weights they are now.

J. Cole, Kendrick, B.o.B., Chiddy Bang, early New Politics, Foo Fighters, M.I.A., Lupe, Kanye all stayed on repeat.Outside of the electropop/techno music that was popular during that time, I feel that early 2010s music had a special vibe to it that is absent nowadays. However, that may just be nostalgia talking.

Written By: Wobo on 04/15/18 at 4:13 pm

This video makes me miss 2010 gt05eyC4D04

Written By: wixness on 04/15/18 at 4:27 pm

IMO the last time the music started sounding good to me and the first time that the music really got on my nerves for how they sounded. Also, the last time that guys looked like J-Pop and K-Pop boyband members  :\'(

Written By: BornIn86 on 04/15/18 at 5:12 pm

ouch

Wut? Everyone on this board has used the term gen z but whatever. Using the term gay to say something is lame is incredibly immature whether you care or not.

Written By: SpyroKev on 04/15/18 at 5:44 pm

Another big thing from the early 10s is the i-pod touch. You don't see nobody with those anymore.

I actually still a i-pod touch I would take out with me. I literally just remembered to put it on the charger because I feel like listening to music from it. Haha

Written By: Dr. Mario on 04/15/18 at 5:53 pm

Wut? Everyone on this board has used the term gen z but whatever. Using the term gay to say something is lame is incredibly immature whether you care or not.

I was saying I think it's an extremely low blow when you pretty much said this generation is doomed just because I used the term "gay" in a post, which was a copy and paste of another post I made on Popedia more than a month ago.

It's incredibly immature, but who cares, I was using it a light hearted way and wasn't trying to offend anyone.

Written By: BornIn86 on 04/15/18 at 6:15 pm

I was saying I think it's an extremely low blow when you pretty much said this generation is doomed just because I used the term "gay" in a post, which was a copy and paste of another post I made on Popedia more than a month ago.

It's incredibly immature, but who cares, I was using it a light hearted way and wasn't trying to offend anyone.

Okay...

1. I didn't say I thought gen z was doomed. If anything, I was indicating that I thought Gen Z didn't use that term in such manner and it was disappointing to hear that "light-hearted, casual, homophobia" was still a thing in the generation following mine.
2. It's really not too much to pick a better term
3. Many LGBT people care

Written By: piecesof93 on 04/15/18 at 6:18 pm

I actually still a i-pod touch I would take out with me. I literally just remembered to put it on the charger because I feel like listening to music from it. Haha

I use my iPod touch everyday. The mp3 quality is much better on the iPod than streaming sites. I don't take my iPod out in public though haha.

Written By: BornIn86 on 04/15/18 at 6:40 pm

I use my iPod touch everyday. The mp3 quality is much better on the iPod than streaming sites. I don't take my iPod out in public though haha.

I have an iPod touch. I mainly use it when I travel by air because the batteries are more long lasting and it has way more space than my phone.

Written By: 2001 on 04/15/18 at 6:42 pm

My iPod Touch is under someone's bed somewhere. It was complete garbage ;D It was the 3rd Gen from 2009.

Written By: Dundee on 04/16/18 at 4:09 am

The iPod Touch was so expensive and pointless ;D
It supposed to be a low-cost, affordable iPhone without the phone capabilities and it did a pretty bad job at it. Especially when the older models of iPhones were starting to be available at a cheap prize on the market, there was no point to it

Written By: SpyroKev on 04/16/18 at 8:13 am

The iPod Touch was so expensive and pointless ;D
It supposed to be a low-cost, affordable iPhone without the phone capabilities and it did a pretty bad job at it. Especially when the older models of iPhones were starting to be available at a cheap prize on the market, there was no point to it

Don't speak as if its facts. The i-pod touch has benefits. I didn't even know about iPhones when I got my iPod touch.

iPod Touch for music and iPhone for contact. All about balance.

Written By: piecesof93 on 04/16/18 at 8:40 am

Don't speak as if its facts. The i-pod touch has benefits. I didn't even know about iPhones when I got my iPod touch.

iPod Touch for music and iPhone for contact. All about balance.

I had the newer model as I got mine in 2011 or 2012. I legit used that IPod more than my actual phone. I even told people to text me on the iPod instead of my phone because it was always with me.

Written By: XYkid on 04/17/18 at 4:46 am

Music from the early 10s sounds almost like a whole other era compared to today, hell even music from 2014 and 2015 seems ages ago compared to music from 2016 and onward. It's almost like a switch went off that year and the vibe in music changed almost overnight. Yet if you go back to 2008 and compare the music then to music from 1998, they don't sound nearly as far apart at 2013 and 2018 do in terms of music.

Written By: BornIn86 on 04/17/18 at 4:50 pm

Music from the early 10s sounds almost like a whole other era compared to today, hell even music from 2014 and 2015 seems ages ago compared to music from 2016 and onward. It's almost like a switch went off that year and the vibe in music changed almost overnight. Yet if you go back to 2008 and compare the music then to music from 1998, they don't sound nearly as far apart at 2013 and 2018 do in terms of music.

This switch was Donald Trump.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 04/17/18 at 6:00 pm

2015 still feels kinda modern since that was when Trumps starting running his mouth, and Youtube hit its 10th anniversary and when mumble rap really took off.

Written By: Wobo on 04/17/18 at 6:02 pm

2015 still feels kinda modern since that was when Trumps starting running his mouth, and Youtube hit its 10th anniversary and when mumble rap really took off.

2015 is modern but its dated music wise.
I remember youtube's 10th anniversary.
I'm gonna miss 2015 in the future maybe 10 years or so.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/17/18 at 6:14 pm

2015 is the last year that feels kind of distant to me. Not dated, but distant.

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/17/18 at 6:24 pm

Obviously, because 1998 and 2008 are a decade apart, whereas 2013 and 2018 are only 5 years apart.

I agree with everything else 100% though.

Written By: XYkid on 04/17/18 at 9:39 pm

Obviously, because 1998 and 2008 are a decade apart, whereas 2013 and 2018 are only 5 years apart.

I agree with everything else 100% though.
Ok maybe I'm exaggerating, but 2003 and 2008 don't seem as far apart in music, although I remember being 14 in 08 already feeling nostalgic for the music in 04 and 05, mostly because a lot had changed for me personally in between those years.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 04/19/18 at 2:41 pm

Intresting how people still use the ipod touch. I only seen two people on it in the last 5 years. Back in 2010-2012 they would be everywhere. Around 2013 is when people just moved on to just using their phones as am mp3 player.

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/19/18 at 4:37 pm

Ok maybe I'm exaggerating, but 2003 and 2008 don't seem as far apart in music, although I remember being 14 in 08 already feeling nostalgic for the music in 04 and 05, mostly because a lot had changed for me personally in between those years.

I was just listening to songs from 2014 and 2015 and they sound very different from today's music. I don't know about you, but when I listen to songs made in 2015 vs. songs made in 2016, it's like a very drastic difference IMO. I don't really know how to explain it.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/19/18 at 5:24 pm

I was just listening to songs from 2014 and 2015 and they sound very different from today's music. I don't know about you, but when I listen to songs made in 2015 vs. songs made in 2016, it's like a very drastic difference IMO. I don't really know how to explain it.

Yup I agree. Early 2016 brought on a dramatic change in sound of music. Modern day EDM went full force that year with Justin Bieber's new album, Chainsmoker's new songs, a bunch of DJ's popping up in the charts, trap becoming more like mumble rap, teen pop declining, etc. I would say the change was probably even bigger than the change of music in 2013.

Written By: SpyroKev on 04/19/18 at 6:38 pm

Intresting how people still use the ipod touch. I only seen two people on it in the last 5 years. Back in 2010-2012 they would be everywhere. Around 2013 is when people just moved on to just using their phones as am mp3 player.

Its like if you already had your ipod from when they were the thing, you might as well stick with them. Plus, the Ipod touch is still an upgrade from smaller music devices.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/19/18 at 7:34 pm

I still had an IPod Nano Chromatic all the way up until 2012 I believe.

Check for new replies or respond here...