inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: LMFAO

Written By: 2001 on 12/25/15 at 11:05 pm

Early 2010s vs Mid 2010s thread got me thinking.

Who here danced it out to LMFAO's "Party Rock Anthem" and "Sexy and I Know It" in their university years (or any years)?  ;D Don't think anyone made me dance as hard as these guys  ;D  :D (potentially NSFW)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyx6JDQCslE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ6zr6kCPj8

Also, I probably should have posted this video during the finals season, but here's a really fun studying video! Study Hard Anthem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFjLMrI5hZI

Subject: Re: LMFAO

Written By: ArcticFox on 12/26/15 at 12:31 am

Ugh, NO!!!! I hated that music so freaking much when it was on the radio, it wasn't even funny. I'm honestly glad that I don't hear those songs anymore and that no one plays them at parties anymore either.

Written By: 2001 on 12/26/15 at 1:20 am

Ugh, NO!!!! I hated that music so freaking much when it was on the radio, it wasn't even funny. I'm honestly glad that I don't hear those songs anymore and that no one plays them at parties anymore either.

I can see why someone would hate it on the radio, but hating it in parties?  :o What party music do you like haha

Written By: musicguy93 on 12/26/15 at 3:22 am

No, I hated LMFAO.

Written By: musicguy93 on 12/26/15 at 3:26 am

I can see why someone would hate it on the radio, but hating it in parties?  :o What party music do you like haha

Sorry, but I cannot stand any mainstream party music from the 2010s. Nothing about this decade's pop culture has impressed me. In my opinion, we are currently in the "dark age of pop culture".

Written By: 80sfan on 12/26/15 at 4:33 am

Sorry, but I cannot stand any mainstream party music from the 2010s. Nothing about this decade's pop culture has impressed me. In my opinion, we are currently in the "dark age of pop culture".

To me, we've been in a 'dark age' of pop MUSIC since 1999. Sure, album sales were great in 1999, but the quality of music was already down by then.

Written By: mqg96 on 12/26/15 at 9:22 am

The same level half of y'all hate mainstream party music is the same way I hate teenybopper music with a burning passion.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 12/26/15 at 10:44 am

I only danced to Party Rock Anthem, but that was in 2011. Right now, I believe LMFAO are drowning into obscurity, since nobody really cares about them anymore.

Written By: 2001 on 12/26/15 at 12:05 pm

I only danced to Party Rock Anthem, but that was in 2011. Right now, I believe LMFAO are drowning into obscurity, since nobody really cares about them anymore.

They broke up mid-2012 (http://hollywoodlife.com/2012/09/21/lmfao-break-up-redfoo-sky-blu-split/). Anyway, I'm glad I'm not the only one here who likes at least one 2010s dance song  ;D

Written By: ArcticFox on 12/26/15 at 2:01 pm

There are plenty of good 2010s party songs, but LMFAO isn't one of them. I don't like the teen pop stuff either, but that's in the minority anyway so I don't pay attention to it. I could make a good playlist of songs from 2009-present, because there are plenty, but I would never include these guys.

Written By: ArcticFox on 12/26/15 at 2:35 pm

A short playlist starting from 2009 to present day:

Bad Romance - Lady Gaga
Sugar - Flo Rida
Obsessed - Mariah Carey
Tik Tok - Ke$ha
Magic - B.o.B.
I Made It - Kevin Rudolf
DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love - Usher
Rock That Body - The Black Eyed Peas
The Edge of Glory - Lady Gaga
Stereo Hearts - Gym Class Heroes
We Found Love - Rihanna
Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5
Wild Ones - Flo Rida
Let's Go - Calvin Harris
Domino - Jessie J
Back in Time - Pitbull
C'Mon - Ke$ha
We Can't Stop - Miley Cyrus
Troublemaker - Olly Murs
Get Lucky - Daft Punk
Rather Be - Clean Bandit
La La La - Naughty Boy
Love Never Felt So Good - Michael Jackson
Come With Me Now - Kongos
How Deep is Your Love - Calvin Harris
Lean On - Major Lazer
You Know You Like It - DJ Snake
Adventure of a Lifetime - Coldplay

Written By: mqg96 on 12/26/15 at 2:45 pm

I only danced to Party Rock Anthem, but that was in 2011.

From what I remember being mainstream from LMFAO, "Party Rock Anthem" was one of their only good songs. "Sexy And I Know It" was annoying as hell though I'll admit. I actually enjoyed "La La La" from several years ago, not because of the lyrics, but I just liked how dreamy the music was that could get stuck in your head while you sleep or relax, which is similar to the tone of a lot of the electropop songs I really miss from the 2009-2010 period.

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 12/31/15 at 11:38 am

I liked 'Sorry For Party Rocking' But thats about it....

Check for new replies or respond here...