inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Twitter may allow tweets of up to 10,000 characters

Written By: 2001 on 01/07/16 at 4:04 pm

This is definitely the huge 2016 cultural shift we were talking about lol

Seriously though, it's the end of an era. I remember when I got Twitter in 2008 before there were even embedded images on it. It has really come a long way  :o

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/twitter-limit-1.2819507

Subject: Re: Twitter may allow tweets of up to 10,000 characters

Written By: KatanaChick on 01/07/16 at 8:37 pm

I never understood Twitter and never stuck with it. I do remember when Facebook limited your words in a post. Sometimes what you have to say is more than just a line or two.

Written By: mqg96 on 01/07/16 at 8:40 pm

I never understood Twitter and never stuck with it. I do remember when Facebook limited your words in a post. Sometimes what you have to say is more than just a line or two.

Same, that was up until 2011 when Facebook revamped our profile pages and the banners.

Written By: 2001 on 01/08/16 at 9:08 am

It started as a "micro-blogging" site. Sites like Blogger and Blogspot (and Geocities  :D) were popular in the mid-2000s for people running their blogs. Twitter was an addition to that, you would put it in your blog sidebar to update on the little things that were happening, as a precursor to the one big blog post you'd write or read every two to three days.

I was around 16 when it became popular. Before 16 I really felt like a weirdo in high school, didn't really do the other stuff the other kids were doing. So I really appreciate Twitter for connecting me with those people who followed the same blogs I was following; stuff related to tech, language learning, bike riding enthusiasts, urban development, video games etc. I was glad I got to connect with so many people around with common interests.

As the saying goes
Facebook is for the people you know
Twitter is for the people you wish you knew

;D

Twitter will always be my favourite. Not sure how I feel about 10,000 characters though; I prefer reading Twitter for 5-15 minutes a day. I don't want to get caught up reading essays!

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/08/16 at 9:12 am

With 10,000 characters, you will by taking all day to text a message.

Written By: gibbo on 01/08/16 at 3:52 pm

I'm not even up to one character yet!

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/08/16 at 4:40 pm

I'm not even up to one character yet!
That is more than me!

Written By: KatanaChick on 01/11/16 at 1:39 am

It started as a "micro-blogging" site. Sites like Blogger and Blogspot (and Geocities  :D) were popular in the mid-2000s for people running their blogs. Twitter was an addition to that, you would put it in your blog sidebar to update on the little things that were happening, as a precursor to the one big blog post you'd write or read every two to three days.

I was around 16 when it became popular. Before 16 I really felt like a weirdo in high school, didn't really do the other stuff the other kids were doing. So I really appreciate Twitter for connecting me with those people who followed the same blogs I was following; stuff related to tech, language learning, bike riding enthusiasts, urban development, video games etc. I was glad I got to connect with so many people around with common interests.

As the saying goes
Facebook is for the people you know
Twitter is for the people you wish you knew

;D

Twitter will always be my favourite. Not sure how I feel about 10,000 characters though; I prefer reading Twitter for 5-15 minutes a day. I don't want to get caught up reading essays!

Most users I bet will still keep posts short. Now if they'd get rid of the @ symbol for replies and just indent them or make it less confusing to know who's replying to who, that would make it easy.

Check for new replies or respond here...