inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bette Midler Hello Dolly! show breaks Broadway record

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/19/16 at 12:05 pm

Bette Midler is returning to Broadway for a revival of Hello, Dolly!

Producer Scott Rudin said he had been in discussion with Midler about the role for a year.

Hello, Dolly!, the musical version of Thornton Wilder play The Matchmaker, tells the story of schemer Dolly Levi who is challenged with finding a suitable match for the rich, but grumpy, Horace.

Midler appeared on Broadway most recently in 2013 in I'll Eat You Last: A Chat With Sue Mengers.

Performances begin on 13 March 2017.

Subject: Re: Bette Midler is returning to Broadway for a revival of Hello, Dolly!

Written By: Ripley on 01/20/16 at 8:43 pm

Cool I love her ☺

Subject: Re: Bette Midler Hello Dolly! show breaks Broadway record

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/20/16 at 8:01 am

A new production of Hello, Dolly! starring Bette Midler has set a new Broadway record for highest first-day ticket sales.
The show, which opens at New York's Shubert Theatre in April, took $9.08m (£6.96m) on Saturday when tickets went on sale, according to Deadline.
Frasier star David Hyde Pierce is also set to star in the production.
Philip J Smith, chairman of the Shubert Organisation, said he was "thrilled with the tremendous response".
He added in a joint statement with the organisation's president Robert E Wankel: "The combination of this show and Bette Midler has proven irresistible to theatregoers."
The Shubert Organisation owns a significant number of Broadway theatres in addition to the Shubert, including the Lyceum, the Ambassador and the Imperial.
The revival of the musical, which was first performed in 1964, will be produced by Scott Rudin and directed by Jerry Zaks.
Previews of the show begin on 15 March.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-37416672

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/20/16 at 11:11 am

I can totally see her doing a FANTASTIC job in the role. I saw a production of her in Gypsy. OMG! She was OUTSTANDING!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsgVIr3LNbU

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/20/16 at 7:02 pm

I saw her in the stage adaptation of Rochelle Rochelle, the story of a young girl’s strange, erotic journey from Milan to Minsk. She was fabulous!

Check for new replies or respond here...