inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Am I the only one who misses school?

Written By: SpyroKev on 01/29/16 at 11:53 am

I mainly miss middle school and high school, 2002-2006. I'll even throw in 2007 as one of my mains now. 2008-2010 were great but more life was present in school during 2002-2006. I made friends then, some I started off as enemies with I would consider temporary at the time now I'm realizing I could have called real friends. And don't even get me started on my miss opportunities haha I regret not visiting the last recent school I graduated from. No one would recognize me if I tried to now.

Subject: Re: Am I the only one who misses school?

Written By: musicguy93 on 01/29/16 at 12:44 pm

I mainly miss middle school and high school, 2002-2006. I'll even throw in 2007 as one of my mains now. 2008-2010 were great but more life was present in school during 2002-2006. I made friends then, some I started off as enemies with I would consider temporary at the time now I'm realizing I could have called real friends. And don't even get me started on my miss opportunities haha I regret not visiting the last recent school I graduated from. No one would recognize me if I tried to now.

Well, considering the fact that I was home-schooled in middle school, and was dealing with severe social anxiety and depression in high school. No, I really don't miss it. There were a few friends that I had, that I do miss, but the overall experience? No. I'm a lot happier with myself now.

Written By: Toon on 01/29/16 at 1:06 pm

I hated middle school and didn't care for high school. I'm more of a fan of college though. It's just you and bunch of other people between 18-24 (well this was the age group when I was in college). I did like the times in middle school and high school where I'd hang with some buddies. In grades 6-9 it was a group of good friends. In grades 10-12 it was mostly just people who I was cool with, but they were what I'd call just acquaintances. 

Written By: 2001 on 01/29/16 at 1:54 pm

I wish I enjoyed, I tried really hard to be optimistic and be positive. I guess if you asked me at the time, I would say I was happy. But looking retrospectively, it was truly miserable.

I also much prefer college/university. I've made great friends and memories here, and really grew as a person.

Written By: mqg96 on 01/29/16 at 2:19 pm

For high school I would say 1st semester of freshman year, 2nd semester of sophomore year, and all of senior year. In terms of the schedule I had, the friends I made, the lunches, and some of the pop culture. I would even say that I miss the easier life and the colorful kid culture from Kindergarten through 3rd grade as well. I don't miss any middle school years, and I hated junior year of high school so much.

Written By: Howard on 01/29/16 at 2:57 pm

I've been out of High School 24 years and I don't miss it.

Written By: SpyroKev on 01/29/16 at 3:43 pm

I can relate to everyone that strongly dislike middle school. The bad days I had in middle is my self to blame. My bad hygiene at the time threw most people off. I was fairly miserable from that alone. I was also already kind of antagonistic my self so I had to face some karma. Beside that, middle school was a pretty great time for me. I was too unaware of my self to worry about anxiety. The people I knew gave me great sympathy and cherish them for that. It was until 2005 passing to high school, I became more aware and anxious.

Written By: #Infinity on 01/29/16 at 3:53 pm

I absolutely miss high school.  It was basically the time in my life where I felt both most important, as well as most interested in other people.  My school was like a second home to me and the world just doesn't seem the same anymore ever since graduation.

Written By: Howard on 01/29/16 at 3:56 pm

I absolutely miss high school.  It was basically the time in my life where I felt both most important, as well as most interested in other people.  My school was like a second home to me and the world just doesn't seem the same anymore ever since graduation.

Were you in Special Ed?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/29/16 at 4:34 pm

The only school years I missed are my elementary school ones and 6th grade. 7th grade wasn't that bad, but 8th grade was one of the worst years that I've experienced.

Written By: violet_shy on 01/29/16 at 4:39 pm

I miss middle school sometimes. Grades 6 to 8. I attended middle school from 1991 to 1994. My favorite school year in middle school was 8th grade.

Written By: 2001 on 01/29/16 at 6:22 pm

Were you in Special Ed?

Naw, I believe Infinity went a really good private school.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/30/16 at 2:10 am

Middle School was kinda... ehh... Not the worst but not the greatest.

I don't care much for High School itself as I skipped class most of the time to skateboard and listen to my rad Pop Punk CD's (usually stuff like Hoss, Act Your Age, Dude Ranch, Twisted by Design among others) in my Discman. The feeling of the sun, the nice blue sky, all that fresh air and the sound of the rad music combined with the powerful feeling of the speed of my skateboard made me so glad I wasn't sitting in some class that would do nothing but dumb me down. It was so f*ckin' beautiful, man! I loved those days! :)

Written By: Howard on 01/30/16 at 8:15 am

Naw, I believe Infinity went a really good private school.

I was in Special Ed most of the 4 years.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/30/16 at 12:30 pm

I was in Special Ed most of the 4 years.

??? How come you were in Special Ed?

Written By: Ripley on 01/30/16 at 12:39 pm

I was in it. My school had it for kids who didn't understand homework, are slow minded, have mental/physical difficulties and troublemakers. I didn't understand homework so much I got frustrated and cried :(

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/30/16 at 12:45 pm

I was in it. My school had it for kids who didn't understand homework, are slow minded, have mental/physical difficulties and troublemakers. I didn't understand homework so much I got frustrated and cried :(

That's sad.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/30/16 at 3:39 pm

I had an English teacher who just hated me.  The minute you said something like "I don't understand this" he wouldn't explain it to you like he was supposed to.  :P
He told me one day "you should be in basic English class." I was thinking to myself "go f--k yourself! I'm not going to be knocked back to basic English classes because you didn't take the time to teach me anything." :P

Written By: Toon on 01/30/16 at 3:57 pm

I remember the good ol' days.

"I'll finish my homework"
> Proceeds to play video games for the next 6 hours

"Time to study for this test"
>Watches TV until I fall asleep.

What's that? Being a hard working student? That's what I call crazy talk, mate.

Written By: violet_shy on 01/30/16 at 4:34 pm

I had an English teacher who just hated me.  The minute you said something like "I don't understand this" he wouldn't explain it to you like he was supposed to.  :P
He told me one day "you should be in basic English class." I was thinking to myself "go f--k yourself! I'm not going to be knocked back to basic English classes because you didn't take the time to teach me anything." :P

My grade school teachers were always concerned because I didn't talk much. I was so shy!

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 01/30/16 at 4:43 pm

I miss 6th grade and my Junior/Senior years of high school. 7th-10th grade was a pretty bleak period in my life

Written By: Howard on 01/30/16 at 6:08 pm

??? How come you were in Special Ed?

Let's just say I had "behavior modification" problems in schools I attended.

Written By: Howard on 01/30/16 at 6:09 pm

I was in a classroom with other people who had mental and emotional problems.

Written By: Howard on 01/30/16 at 6:10 pm

That's sad.

I had that growing up most my life so that's where I stayed.

Written By: bchris02 on 01/30/16 at 7:49 pm

I graduated in 2004.  I had a streak of nostalgia for high school back around 2008ish, but I haven't missed it sense. I didn't even go to my 10 year reunion in 2014.  I missed a lot of opportunities as well during high school but I wouldn't go back if I had the opportunity.  Most of what I missed out on was not because of my own decision or apathy but because of my strict parents, which there was no way to change.  I would however, do college over again if I had the opportunity.  I made so many mistakes and missed so many opportunities during that era of my life.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/30/16 at 8:36 pm

He sounds like a bunghole!

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/31/16 at 2:26 am

He sounds like a bunghole!

That's one way of putting it.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/31/16 at 2:30 am

Jesus, you guys had some rough teachers. I'd had some bad ones but the most I've ever heard is "Jordan! You're a no good lazy slacker who never shows up to class!" I remember when my English teacher called me a dirty rat this one time because I told him his assignment wasn't going to teach me anything.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/31/16 at 11:57 am

Jesus, you guys had some rough teachers. I'd had some bad ones but the most I've ever heard is "Jordan! You're a no good lazy slacker who never shows up to class!" I remember when my English teacher called me a dirty rat this one time because I told him his assignment wasn't going to teach me anything.

That's a f*cked up way of saying you're a bad student. Did your teacher really hate you that much?

Written By: mqg96 on 01/31/16 at 12:27 pm

My worst teacher was my 8th grade lit teacher. She would just pass out assignments, sit on her desk, and do nothing, and if you had trouble or didn't understand what you were doing then she would have a b**tchy attitude. In fact, most of my middle school lit teachers were horrible. My 7th grade lit teacher was my only good one. I guess that's why I've always been better at mathematics than any other subject my whole life, which is why I'm going for the engineering field. Junior year of high school I was loaded with so many difficult classes like Precalculus & Trig, Anatomy & Physiology, American Lit, Physics, Java, etc. , I had a bunch of state required graduation tests, writing tests, SAT/ACT's, but not just that. The pop culture during the 2012-13 school year was my least favorite, the lunches I had were the worst of my high school career, so terrible that some days I felt like I didn't want to sit at the table and eat. I would not want to go back to the 2012-13 school year ever again. Don't even speak of it. >:(

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/31/16 at 1:02 pm

My worst teacher was my 8th grade lit teacher. She would just pass out assignments, sit on her desk, and do nothing, and if you had trouble or didn't understand what you were doing then she would have a b**tchy attitude. In fact, most of my middle school lit teachers were horrible. My 7th grade lit teacher was my only good one. I guess that's why I've always been better at mathematics than any other subject my whole life, which is why I'm going for the engineering field. Junior year of high school I was loaded with so many difficult classes like Precalculus & Trig, Anatomy & Physiology, American Lit, Physics, Java, etc. , I had a bunch of state required graduation tests, writing tests, SAT/ACT's, but not just that. The pop culture during the 2012-13 school year was my least favorite, the lunches I had were the worst of my high school career, so terrible that some days I felt like I didn't want to sit at the table and eat. I would not want to go back to the 2012-13 school year ever again. Don't even speak of it. >:(

You hated the 2012-13 school year too? Cool. I really hated it so much. Especially the summer of 2012. I had the most painful/emotional moments of my life back then. I was trying to cope with my autism, had to do a stupid Jungle Book play, and it was the first school year without my best friend. It was painful as sh*t. My teachers weren't that bad though, but it's not like they were memorable to me. The only thing that entertained me were horror movies and Major League Baseball stats, because I couldn't stand watching Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network anymore. What's worse was that the music bored me, because it was mostly pop music that sounded stupid. I never wanted to reminisce about anything related to that school year, since it was just terrible.

Written By: mqg96 on 01/31/16 at 1:41 pm

You hated the 2012-13 school year too? Cool. I really hated it so much. Especially the summer of 2012. I had the most painful/emotional moments of my life back then. I was trying to cope with my autism, had to do a stupid Jungle Book play, and it was the first school year without my best friend. It was painful as sh*t. My teachers weren't that bad though, but it's not like they were memorable to me. The only thing that entertained me were horror movies and Major League Baseball stats, because I couldn't stand watching Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network anymore. What's worse was that the music bored me, because it was mostly pop music that sounded stupid. I never wanted to reminisce about anything related to that school year, since it was just terrible.

I enjoyed most of 2012 though for the pop culture especially the movies. Spring & Summer 2012 were fun for me, but Fall 2012 was when things started going downhill except for my Atlanta Falcons and Georgia Bulldogs having great football seasons. I would say the absolute worst semester of my high school career was definitely Spring 2013. I'd say Summer 2013 is when things slowly started getting better for me, but not fully yet. But by Fall 2013 when senior year began my life was so much better again. I got excepted into my college, I only had two classes per semester, my senior year of cross country was really great, I talked to many friends from freshman/sophomore years again and made some new ones on top of that, I got to sit in the senior cafeteria with the same friends the whole year, talking about sports and other stuff all day, so much better than who I was sitting with year before that. The football games were exciting, and PROM was really epic. The excitement of graduating was so much relief including some graduation parties! While some might disagree, I think the pop culture from the 2013-14 school year, like the music and movies were a huge improvement from the previous school year.

It really goes like this for me when it comes to my high school career. Senior (2013-14) >>> Sophomore (2011-12) >>> Freshman (2010-11) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Junior (2012-13)

but if you're talking about summers, it would go like this for me.

Summer 2011 >> Summer 2014 >>> Summer 2012 >>>>>> Summer 2013

Written By: Howard on 01/31/16 at 2:47 pm

and you took that crap from him?  :o

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/31/16 at 5:51 pm

That's a f*cked up way of saying you're a bad student. Did your teacher really hate you that much?

Yeah, we always had problems. One time, he was being a huge butthead and said something passive-aggressively to me about my attention span so I said "later dick", grabbed my bag, put on my headphones and walked right out of class. Before I went out the door he said "Excuse me!? What did you just say!?" but I kept walking. My dad got a call and he came into the school after this. I wasn't worried 'cause my dad's a cool guy and was usually on my side so I was honest told him exactly what happened and what the teacher said to me. My dad told the principal "Jordan had every right to say what he said."

and you took that crap from him?  :o

No way! Like I said above, I walked right out of the dude's class when he pissed me off this one time.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/31/16 at 9:20 pm

I had problems with math and during a parent/teacher interview my math teacher said "if they don't get it by now they may never get it."  My mother was pissed.  ::)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/31/16 at 10:44 pm

I had problems with math and during a parent/teacher interview my math teacher said "if they don't get it by now they may never get it."  My mother was pissed.  ::)

Haha, things that that always pissed off my dad. He would always take my side over the teachers.

Written By: Howard on 02/01/16 at 7:47 am

Yeah, we always had problems. One time, he was being a huge butthead and said something passive-aggressively to me about my attention span so I said "later dick", grabbed my bag, put on my headphones and walked right out of class. Before I went out the door he said "Excuse me!? What did you just say!?" but I kept walking. My dad got a call and he came into the school after this. I wasn't worried 'cause my dad's a cool guy and was usually on my side so I was honest told him exactly what happened and what the teacher said to me. My dad told the principal "Jordan had every right to say what he said."

No way! Like I said above, I walked right out of the dude's class when he pissed me off this one time.

There were some teachers I hated and some I had a good relationship with.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/01/16 at 8:02 am

There were some teachers I hated and some I had a good relationship with.

Same with me. I was pretty cool with my music teacher and my 10th grade English teacher (9th grade one was the dickface).

Written By: Howard on 02/01/16 at 3:07 pm

Same with me. I was pretty cool with my music teacher and my 10th grade English teacher (9th grade one was the dickface).

I got along with my gym teacher, he let me for a brief time to help him take over his gym class from what I can recall.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 02/01/16 at 3:37 pm

I got along with my gym teacher, he let me for a brief time to help him take over his gym class from what I can recall.

That's pretty cool! My music teacher wouldn't really give the class work, so it was usually just us going into class and doing whatever we wanted. He offered to teach me some songs on the bass during class time so I'd bring in my CD's and he teach me some cool stuff.

Written By: SpyroKev on 05/18/16 at 10:21 am

The feel of wishing you could ride the same bus home with the girl of your dreams, wondering why don't they eat lunch, what they were up to after school. The atmosphere was better during my 2000-2005 school life, but I cherish my 2008-2010 school life just as much now. I was in special aid, but still in regular aid classes. I was slow, but not exactly up there.

Written By: Howard on 05/18/16 at 2:39 pm

I don't miss school after 24 years. :P

Written By: 80sfan on 05/18/16 at 2:44 pm

I really like the innocence, and structure, that school bring to my life up until 12th grade.

Written By: XYkid on 05/20/16 at 2:29 am

I miss it but never enough that I would want to go back. By the time my senior year rolled around, I didn't feel like I had many close friends and couldn't wait for life beyond high school.

Written By: TheKid99 on 05/20/16 at 7:11 am

Dont miss grade/elementary school at all. 6th grade was okay until something bad happened to my brother. 7th grade through the first semester of 8th grade was pure hell. 2nd half of 8th grade through freshman year was awesome. Sophomore years beginning was really hard however by December 2015 things got better.

Sophomore Year > Freshman YEar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Middle School >>>>>>>>>>>> Grade School

Written By: Slim95 on 05/21/16 at 1:46 am

I still go to school so not me haha.

Written By: KatanaChick on 05/21/16 at 2:47 am

I don't miss school itself. I hated homework, hated  tests, and and didn't like most of my classmates and never felt like I fit in with most of them. I do miss certain things about being high school age like the outings I had outside of school. Graduation wasn't the feeling of freedom I thought because I felt more "now what?" because the rest after that was uncertain. I do miss where I went after high school though, because people could relate to eachother as individuals more so and not what clique they belonged to based on how much they fit in with such and such.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 05/21/16 at 4:29 am

I don't miss school itself. I hated homework, hated  tests, and and didn't like most of my classmates and never felt like I fit in with most of them. I do miss certain things about being high school age like the outings I had outside of school. Graduation wasn't the feeling of freedom I thought because I felt more "now what?" because the rest after that was uncertain. I do miss where I went after high school though, because people could relate to eachother as individuals more so and not what clique they belonged to based on how much they fit in with such and such.

I miss the earlier days of school! kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd. and yes even preschool. Those years ROCKED! Even though 4th grade was my overall fav year! But overall post 3rd grade, I don't miss AT ALL.

Written By: bchris02 on 05/21/16 at 10:23 am

I have the occasional fond memory of my school years, but I don't miss it.  I was bullied though and didn't have any friends (though the friend part was mostly because my parents were so strict).  I do look back on what could have been if my parents would have let me be a normal teenager, and wish I could have experienced it that way.

Written By: mqg96 on 05/21/16 at 12:06 pm

I miss the earlier days of school! kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd. and yes even preschool. Those years ROCKED! Even though 4th grade was my overall fav year! But overall post 3rd grade, I don't miss AT ALL.

When it came to elementary school, my favorite classes were Kindergarten, 2nd, & 4th grade. My 3rd grade class was alright (great teacher too). I did not like my 1st & 5th grade classes, but not as much hate as my entire time in middle school though. Pop culturally (from a kid perspective) I loved everything that Kindergarten thru 3rd grade offered. 4th & 5th grade were the best for my personal life and the friends I had, but the kid culture declined a lot throughout the time. Video games were great for me throughout my entire elementary & middle school years. Overall looking back I'd choose my 2nd grade year as my favorite year of elementary school kid/pop culturally, 4th grade as my favorite year for all the friends I made, and 5th grade as my least favorite.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 05/21/16 at 5:52 pm

When it came to elementary school, my favorite classes were Kindergarten, 2nd, & 4th grade. My 3rd grade class was alright (great teacher too). I did not like my 1st & 5th grade classes, but not as much hate as my entire time in middle school though. Pop culturally (from a kid perspective) I loved everything that Kindergarten thru 3rd grade offered. 4th & 5th grade were the best for my personal life and the friends I had, but the kid culture declined a lot throughout the time. Video games were great for me throughout my entire elementary & middle school years. Overall looking back I'd choose my 2nd grade year as my favorite year of elementary school kid/pop culturally, 4th grade as my favorite year for all the friends I made, and 5th grade as my least favorite.

Yea I'm in the same boat except kindergaten, 1st grade, and 4th grade were my favs!
and Yeah 4th and 5th were my fav personal life wise, despite kid culture and pop culture going STEADILY downhill during that time.

Written By: 2001 on 05/21/16 at 8:46 pm

I realize now that the only year of school I actually enjoyed was my last year of high school. The rest was a pain, even elementary. I hated going to school until Grade 12 ;D

Written By: mqg96 on 05/21/16 at 8:54 pm

I realize now that the only year of school I actually enjoyed was my last year of high school. The rest was a pain, even elementary. I hated going to school until Grade 12 ;D

Don't even get me started with......

http://schoolpress.cdn.whipplehill.net/milkenschool618/5/files/2014/08/keep-calm-and-survive-junior-year-4.png https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hub/146790/file-17856985-jpg/images/parent_tips_2012.03.02.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/93/0e/e9/930ee999534d4ce0dae48ade5c8a0712.jpg

Written By: Slim95 on 05/21/16 at 8:56 pm

Grade 12 was the worst year of my life. I have no idea how I survived that year but am thankful that I have. But the second half (2013) was much better.

Written By: 2001 on 05/21/16 at 9:33 pm

Grade 11 was such a mess for me too! Everything that could go wrong did go wrong. It's weird, I had my still the undisputed worst year ever (Grade 11) right next to my favourite year ever up to that point (Grade 12). Quite the rebound! :D

Grade 12 was the worst year of my life. I have no idea how I survived that year but am thankful that I have. But the second half (2013) was much better.

I thought you said 2013 was your favourite year? Or was it your favourite because it was finally all over? ;D

Written By: Slim95 on 05/21/16 at 10:50 pm

Grade 11 was such a mess for me too! Everything that could go wrong did go wrong. It's weird, I had my still the undisputed worst year ever (Grade 11) right next to my favourite year ever up to that point (Grade 12). Quite the rebound! :D
I thought you said 2013 was your favourite year? Or was it your favourite because it was finally all over? ;D

2013 is my favourite year. 2012 is my least favourite year and grade 12 was my least favourite year in school.

Written By: 2001 on 05/21/16 at 11:11 pm

2013 is my favourite year. 2012 is my least favourite year and grade 12 was my least favourite year in school.

Oh, I see. I read your post wrong, I thought you said the second half of 2013 was better (and the first half was bad), but you were actually saying that the second half of Grade 12 was better.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/21/16 at 11:29 pm

Oh, I see. I read your post wrong, I thought you said the second half of 2013 was better (and the first half was bad), but you were actually saying that the second half of Grade 12 was better.

Yeah exactly. As soon as 2013 hit, I had hope.  :)

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/21/16 at 11:44 pm

I missed school a lot while I was still in it because I skipped most of the time.

Written By: Howard on 05/22/16 at 3:07 pm

1989 was my good year, that year I got an award for The Honor Roll and an award in gym class for doing a certain amount of jump rope jumps though I think it was in 1988. ???

Written By: Howard on 05/22/16 at 3:07 pm

I missed school a lot while I was still in it because I skipped most of the time.

played hooky?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/22/16 at 3:45 pm

For those of you who miss school, you can always go back. Take some courses at the local community college.

Cat

Written By: 80sfan on 05/22/16 at 3:49 pm

For those of you who miss school, you can always go back. Take some courses at the local community college.

Cat

I loved school, too bad I had limitations to my mind back then. I guess I'm making up for it now by reading. Oh well, better late then never.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/22/16 at 4:19 pm

played hooky?

Yeah, like, all the time! ;D

Written By: SpyroKev on 05/22/16 at 4:52 pm

Cat

Haha Its not simple. When I say I miss school, I'm saying I want to go back in time. A reunion would be close and still not completely the same, next to impossible.

Written By: Slim95 on 05/22/16 at 5:29 pm

I feel like I'm the only one here who still goes to school.  ;D Ask me in four years and maybe then I will miss school.

Written By: 2001 on 05/22/16 at 5:38 pm

I feel like I'm the only one here who still goes to school.  ;D Ask me in four years and maybe then I will miss school.

I'm still going to uni, but only part time from now on. I'm probably only taking one or two courses a semester, but I won't be active on campus, so I don't really consider myself to be "in school" anymore. ;D

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 05/22/16 at 6:58 pm

http://schoolpress.cdn.whipplehill.net/milkenschool618/5/files/2014/08/keep-calm-and-survive-junior-year-4.png https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hub/146790/file-17856985-jpg/images/parent_tips_2012.03.02.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/93/0e/e9/930ee999534d4ce0dae48ade5c8a0712.jpg

Awkwardly enough... Junior year of high school was my favorite that year had the LEAST amount of drama.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/22/16 at 7:14 pm

I liked every year of high school but not because I was in school but because of the stuff that took place out of it. ;)

Written By: 2001 on 05/22/16 at 8:39 pm

I liked every year of high school but not because I was in school but because of the stuff that took place out of it. ;)

I miss ditching class too. Those days were the best, lol.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/22/16 at 8:40 pm

It was rad when a new album was coming out, too. I'm sorry but class can wait, I gotta go pick up the new Lagwagon to see if it's skateable. :D

Written By: 2001 on 05/22/16 at 8:44 pm

It was rad when a new album was coming out, too. I'm sorry but class can wait, I gotta go pick up the new Lagwagon to see if it's skateable. :D

That sounds like a good reason as any  :D Did the albums come out on Friday too?

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/22/16 at 8:46 pm

That sounds like a good reason as any  :D Did the albums come out on Friday too?

No, back then it was... Tuesday, I think? ???

Written By: TheKid99 on 05/22/16 at 9:01 pm

Pray for me from all of you, my junior year is coming up....  :-\\ :o

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 05/22/16 at 9:03 pm

My god, an actual Lagwagon reference in 2016! I never thought I'd see the day!

This is seriously one of my favorite songs of all time right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlaXwFGX_yY

Written By: JordanK1982 on 05/22/16 at 9:09 pm

My god, an actual Lagwagon reference in 2016! I never thought I'd see the day!

This is seriously one of my favorite songs of all time right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlaXwFGX_yY

Dude, I reference Lagwagon all the time. :P I grew up on all the Epi-Fat bands. Even went to all the Warped Tours from 1996 to 2005. If you ask me, 1994 to 2002 were the prime years of Pop and Skate Punk when the genre completely boomed. When Pop Punk was about baggy pants/spiky hair, Emo meant looking like a nerd and MySpace had not come out yet. The Skate Beat was played by nearly every band at the time.

Know it All totally rules! I just finished listening to Duh and Trashed. Right now I'm listening to Hoss, that record's sick!

Written By: Howard on 05/23/16 at 2:51 pm

Yeah, like, all the time! ;D

I didn't.

Written By: Howard on 05/23/16 at 2:52 pm

I miss gym class.

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/29/16 at 7:34 pm

Who's nostalgic for that specific cafeteria smell and sounds when your in the minority of students that arrived early as school is starting? I recently remembered the smell of my 4th grade school cafeteria and it was explosively nostalgic. The memory of the smell is good now. That goes to show you the magic.

Also, I am nostalgic for the flat P.E gym mats that were red and blue during my middle school years.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/29/16 at 8:42 pm

I'm going back next week. The summer has just flew by.  :(

Written By: 2001 on 08/29/16 at 8:52 pm

Feeling kind of depressed over school at the moment. Middle school/high school was a huge lost era to me. IDK, maybe because my sisters are going into Grade 6 next week, it makes me feel kind of sentimental.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 08/29/16 at 8:54 pm

I'm homeschooled, but that's a very different experience to public school. I haven't been to public school in six years now, and even though I have good memories from then, I don't miss it. I do miss my friends though, but I've developed a lot of social problems, and haven't seen any of them since (only saw them a few times per year starting late 2010) 2013.

Written By: 2001 on 08/29/16 at 8:58 pm

I'm homeschooled, but that's a very different experience to public school. I haven't been to public school in six years now, and even though I have good memories from then, I don't miss it. I do miss my friends though, but I've developed a lot of social problems, and haven't seen any of them since (only saw them a few times per year starting late 2010) 2013.

Woah, the social problem part sounds kind of scary. You should really join some youth centres and programmes, there's a lot of good opportunities to socialize. If you develop your social skills in your youth, it really pays dividends later!

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/29/16 at 9:00 pm

Never cared much for school. But I always liked the moments where I was able to see my friends. Don't know where my old high school buddies are at nowadays.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 08/29/16 at 9:08 pm

Same with me. I'm going back on the 8th of September.

Written By: 1999 Baby, 2000s Kid on 08/29/16 at 9:10 pm

Woah, the social problem part sounds kind of scary. You should really join some youth centres and programmes, there's a lot of good opportunities to socialize. If you develop your social skills in your youth, it really pays dividends later!

Yeah, I've gotten to the point to where I'm afraid to attend things like that. My mom is now planning on taking my brother and I out to the city at least once per week to get us used to being comfortable around others besides our family.

My brother probably has it worse than me now though, he even feels uncomfortable shopping at Walmart. It's weird, because he used to be the most outgoing, extroverted person five years ago. I was still shy back then, though.

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/30/16 at 10:50 am

Feeling kind of depressed over school at the moment. Middle school/high school was a huge lost era to me. IDK, maybe because my sisters are going into Grade 6 next week, it makes me feel kind of sentimental.

You can't find any positives? Like a teacher crush?

Never cared much for school. But I always liked the moments where I was able to see my friends. Don't know where my old high school buddies are at nowadays.

Dude, how could you not add the moment when your crush passes you in the hallway? Don't you miss the ladies? It was nice seeing the ladies to my demographic constantly around me. I would almost give anything to go back. Haha School was like a semi heaven for me. Also, I like the belief that school is considerably the best time to find a partner. Its amazing and cuter.

Written By: 2001 on 08/30/16 at 11:55 am

You can't find any positives? Like a teacher crush?

Dude, how could you not add the moment when your crush passes you in the hallway? Don't you miss the ladies? It was nice seeing the ladies to my demographic constantly around me. I would almost give anything to go back. Haha School was like a semi heaven for me. Also, I like the belief that school is considerably the best time to find a partner. Its amazing and cuter.

My teacher crushes were a source of shame lol.

It's easy to find people my/our age. Just go to a Pokémon convention LOL

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/30/16 at 1:13 pm

My teacher crushes were a source of shame lol.

It's easy to find people my/our age. Just go to a Pokémon convention LOL

I actually had a teacher that was found of me in 2005 right before Hurricane Katrina and one I mysteriously earned the status to in 2010 right before I graduated. It blows me away as I look back.

Not much conventions in the South, man.

Written By: Howard on 08/30/16 at 3:08 pm

Who's nostalgic for that specific cafeteria smell and sounds when your in the minority of students that arrived early as school is starting? I recently remembered the smell of my 4th grade school cafeteria and it was explosively nostalgic. The memory of the smell is good now. That goes to show you the magic.

Also, I am nostalgic for the flat P.E gym mats that were red and blue during my middle school years.

I don't miss school, it's been almost 25 years.

Written By: Howard on 08/30/16 at 3:08 pm

High School?  ???

Written By: Howard on 08/30/16 at 3:09 pm

Are they on Facebook?

Written By: Slim95 on 08/30/16 at 3:45 pm

High School?  ???

No, University. I've been out of high school for 3 years now lol.

Written By: Howard on 08/30/16 at 3:53 pm

No, University. I've been out of high school for 3 years now lol.

I've been out of High School for almost 25 years now.

Written By: musicguy93 on 08/30/16 at 4:06 pm

You know, lately I've been feeling like I've wasted a good chunk of my life. I know at the start of this thread, I said that I don't miss high school, and I'm happier now, overall. But I sometimes can't help feeling like I've missed out, especially in comparison to most people. I wasn't involved in any team sports, I no longer played guitar after my second year (I recently picked it up again), my grades dropped during the second half of high school (usually people struggle during the first half, I struggled during the second half), I didn't have a group of close friends that I saw regularly and grew along with (most people my age still have close friends from high school or even elementary school), and I never had a girlfriend or even a single date to any dances.

Because of this, I still feel a sense of being "incomplete" as an adult, like I'm behind everyone else. I feel I've improved, but there are times where I wonder how things could have been different if I had a normal teenage experience. Sometimes I wonder how I will ever catch up, being almost 23 now. I'm still in community college for pete's sake, while most people my age have finished University. Sorry for the depressing post, this has all been bothering me lately, and I just needed to let it out.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/30/16 at 4:10 pm

Because of this, I still feel a sense of being "incomplete" as an adult, like I'm behind everyone else. I feel I've improved, but there are times where I wonder how things could have been different. Sometimes I wonder how I will ever catch up, being almost 23 now. I'm still in community college for pete's sake, while most people my age have finished University. Sorry for the depressing post, this has just been bothering me lately, and I needed to let this out.

Don't worry I'm starting my second year of university while most are starting their final year. I plan to finish when I'm 24.

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/30/16 at 4:37 pm

You know, lately I've been feeling like I've wasted a good chunk of my life. I know at the start of this thread, I said that I don't miss high school, and I'm happier now, overall. But I sometimes can't help feeling like I've missed out, especially in comparison to most people. I wasn't involved in any team sports, I no longer played guitar after my second year (I recently picked it up again), my grades dropped during the second half of high school (usually people struggle during the first half, I struggled during the second half), I didn't have a group of close friends that I saw regularly and grew along with (most people my age still have close friends from high school or even elementary school), and I never had a girlfriend or even a single date to any dances.

Because of this, I still feel a sense of being "incomplete" as an adult, like I'm behind everyone else. I feel I've improved, but there are times where I wonder how things could have been different if I had a normal teenage experience. Sometimes I wonder how I will ever catch up, being almost 23 now. I'm still in community college for pete's sake, while most people my age have finished University. Sorry for the depressing post, this has all been bothering me lately, and I just needed to let it out.

I never had a girlfriend either. And to make matters worst, I had chances, but I took them for granted and let them pass me by. As I look back at the female fishers, there's a good amount I wished I confessed to and want now, which is slowly killing me. They did the hard part. All I had to do was wait.

Written By: 2001 on 08/30/16 at 4:41 pm

Don't worry I'm starting my second year of university while most are starting their final year. I plan to finish when I'm 24.

I probably won't graduate until I'm 28-30. And after that, I want to get a master's degree! ;D

I performed terrifically in my first year, but in my second year the workload really ramped up and I started having family problems at home, my grades crashed and so I took a break from school in 2013. I came back in 2014, and I found it difficult to get back into the groove of things and family problems still persisted, so my grades took a real hit. In late 2014 they put me on probation, and my bad grades more or less persisted. I was required to withdraw for one year by the end of the Spring 2015 semester, but I petitioned it and explained my family problems, so they let me back in on debarment warning (aka if I fail again, I'll be kicked out for two years). Ever since then, I've been taking it reaaaalll slow. 2 or 3 courses a semester (I also started double majoring in Computer Science, which I'm a lot more self-motivated to learn). My grades have really improved, and I plan to keep it this way ;D

The dropout rates in my programs are 50-60% though (Physics and Computer Science), so I know a lot of people in a similar situation to me. None of my friends in my program who started with me in 2011-12 have graduated yet actually. :o Some are graduating this fall though.

Written By: Slim95 on 08/30/16 at 4:44 pm

I probably won't graduate until I'm 28-30. And after that, I want to get a master's degree! ;D

I performed terrifically in my first year, but in my second year the workload really ramped up and I started having family problems at home, my grades crashed and so I took a break from school in 2013. I came back in 2014, and I found it difficult to get back into the groove of things and family problems still persisted, so my grades took a real hit. In late 2014 they put me on probation, and my bad grades more or less persisted. I was required to withdraw for one year by the end of the Spring 2015 semester, but I petitioned it and explained my family problems, so they let me back in on debarment warning (aka if I fail again, I'll be kicked out for two years). Ever since then, I've been taking it reaaaalll slow. 2 or 3 courses a semester (I also started double majoring in Computer Science, which I'm a lot more self-motivated to learn). My grades have really improved, and I plan to keep it this way ;D

The dropout rates in my programs are 50-60% though (Physics and Computer Science), so I know a lot of people in a similar situation to me. None of my friends in my program who started with me in 2011-12 have graduated yet actually. :o Some are graduating this fall though.

Sometimes taking it slow is the best way. I really hope I don't end up regretting taking 5 classes per semester and working part time. So far my grades are good.

Written By: 2001 on 08/30/16 at 5:01 pm

Sometimes taking it slow is the best way. I really hope I don't end up regretting taking 5 classes per semester and working part time. So far my grades are good.

Yep, people should work in a pace that's best for them. If you know there's going to be a decent job in the end, there's no point in biting off more than you can chew. Oh, and musicguy, there's a lot of people our age in uni, I wouldn't sweat it. A lot of the people who look 19 years old are actually 30 or something  ;D

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/30/16 at 6:33 pm

That's how I've been feeling too! Most of my friends have also finished college and now even have their dream jobs. Heck, some are also married, have children and have a home.  I barely have any of that. Luckily, I'm about to get my own place soon, but it's taking lots of time since I'm still waiting for a call from the manager. In addition to that, I'm almost done with community and then I will be transferring to university next year for 2 more years and then I will be a college graduate with a bachelor's degree. :D

As for the close friends, it was a mix for me. There are people I became best friends with, but unfortunately I haven't hung with them as much within the last few years and I'm excited when I have time to kick it with them :).

I never had a girlfriend either. And to make matters worst, I had chances, but I took them for granted and let them pass me by. As I look back at the female fishers, there's a good amount I wished I confessed to and want now, which is slowly killing me. They did the hard part. All I had to do was wait.

I've had the same issues as both of you. I've been wanting a GF (although I took a break) for sometime. That way I can share things with someone and do things with that person that you don't do with friends, but it hasn't happened yet. I had a few chances that I could have took, but I didn't and also that some of the girls I liked told me I wasn't their type :( :\'( along with making terrible mistakes and it's been destroying me inside. It's no wonder some older men get all the ladies since they have certain charms that younger men don't have. The good thing though is that I will have my friends and family help and support me with that. I plan to start dating again, so I can finally seek out my soulmate and introduce her to my family and friends. 

Written By: Howard on 08/31/16 at 3:02 pm

girls flirted with me.

Written By: SpyroKev on 12/20/16 at 8:05 pm

I like that phenomenon that takes effect after you graduate, people that you went to school with all of sudden speak to you. Even past crushes are all of a sudden non intimidating. It can be really impactful.

Written By: Howard on 12/21/16 at 3:14 pm

I like that phenomenon that takes effect after you graduate, people that you went to school with all of sudden speak to you. Even past crushes are all of a sudden non intimidating. It can be really impactful.

and what about the teachers too?

Written By: ArcticFox on 12/22/16 at 2:32 pm

I miss the last two years of high school, I could do without the first two years.

Written By: Howard on 12/22/16 at 2:41 pm

It's been almost 25 years and I don't miss school.

Written By: Slim95 on 12/22/16 at 2:44 pm

I only have 2 years left of school unless I go to grad school which would add another couple of years. I can see myself missing it when I'm done.

Written By: Howard on 12/22/16 at 3:31 pm

I only have 2 years left of school unless I go to grad school which would add another couple of years. I can see myself missing it when I'm done.

What do you plan on doing afterwards?

Written By: Slim95 on 12/22/16 at 4:55 pm

What do you plan on doing afterwards?

I'm not sure yet.

Written By: Howard on 12/23/16 at 7:30 am

I'm not sure yet.

You have any skills?

Written By: the2001 on 05/08/17 at 2:19 pm

I think alot of it has to do with the tides changing in 2008

Written By: SpyroKev on 04/13/18 at 11:19 am

I wish I had a permit to go in high school for a day. Haha It'd be interesting. I was once complimented not to look my age and a dude I can tell was about, mid teens mistaken me for one of his friends literally yesterday.

Just let me take the tour.

Written By: 2001 on 04/13/18 at 11:22 am

I wish I had a permit to go in high school for a day. Haha It'd be interesting. I was once complimented not to look my age and a dude I can tell was about, mid teens mistaken me for one of his friends literally yesterday.

If I was back at high school I would think I was in a bad nightmare ;D

Head to a university campus, you don't need a pass. It's a lot cooler.  8)

Written By: SpyroKev on 04/13/18 at 11:47 am

If I was back at high school I would think I was in a bad nightmare ;D

Head to a university campus, you don't need a pass. It's a lot cooler.  8)

I know. I been around them. Just, high school would be like going back in time.

Written By: Howard on 04/13/18 at 1:13 pm

I haven't been in my High School in 25 years and I would love to take a tour of what life is like over there compared to when I was there during the early part of the 1990's.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 04/13/18 at 1:22 pm

I still see my high school every now and again since I'm still in the same town I went to high school at. My high school changed a lot since I left in 2014: They have a new principal, new consoulers, they don't have to do a senior project anymore like my class did (A project where you present a topic with a trifold and speak for at least 6 minutes), All my English Teachers left the year after I graduated, Almost all the main staff at my high school is gone.

Written By: Wobo on 04/13/18 at 8:25 pm

I still see my high school every now and again since I'm still in the same town I went to high school at. My high school changed a lot since I left in 2014: They have a new principal, new consoulers, they don't have to do a senior project anymore like my class did (A project where you present a topic with a trifold and speak for at least 6 minutes), All my English Teachers left the year after I graduated, Almost all the main staff at my high school is gone.

Yeah my first elementary school i went to from late 2009-2012 is probably different also. Since its only elementary school its probably different from the Early 2010s compared to now.

Written By: Wobo on 04/13/18 at 8:27 pm

Anyways im still in school i got 4 more years left until college.  ;D

Written By: Dr. Mario on 04/13/18 at 8:29 pm

When I saw the thread title, I thought you were talking about being absent multiple times.  ;D

Written By: Wobo on 04/13/18 at 8:31 pm

When I saw the thread title, I thought you were talking about being absent multiple times.  ;D

Same, i havent been to school since last week because i moved and im waiting to go to my new school.

Written By: duenas8 on 04/14/18 at 12:19 pm

Me too, there are only 2 teachers who still in my school and my math teacher in high school is the current principal  :o

Written By: Dr. Mario on 04/14/18 at 2:44 pm

I only have two years til college!  :o

Written By: Howard on 04/14/18 at 3:05 pm

Good Luck.

Subject: Am I the only one who misses school?

Written By: Dude111 on 04/15/18 at 5:38 am

I mainly miss middle school and high school, 2002-2006. I'll even throw in 2007 as one of my mains now.

I miss my elementary years in the 80s........ I loved the food!!!

Rectangle Pizza
Fish Sticks
Hamburgers loaded with catchup (MMMMMMMMMM)

Written By: Howard on 04/15/18 at 5:51 am

I miss my elementary years in the 80s........ I loved the food!!!

Rectangle Pizza
Fish Sticks
Hamburgers loaded with catchup (MMMMMMMMMM)

Do you remember having beef patties, I do.

Written By: piecesof93 on 04/15/18 at 6:23 pm

I wonder if the younger (American) members here ever got to experience school lunches before they went to crap haha. They used to serve us Mazzios everyday along with other foods that weren't frozen and reheated.

Anyway, I only miss High School because I got to be with my friends all day long.

Written By: SpyroKev on 04/15/18 at 11:17 pm

I wonder if the younger (American) members here ever got to experience school lunches before they went to crap haha. They used to serve us Mazzios everyday along with other foods that weren't frozen and reheated.

Anyway, I only miss High School because I got to be with my friends all day long.

Everyone mentioning that lunch I didn't realize I completely forgot about. I definitely miss school breakfast pizza and those warmed honeybuns, grits and sausage, chicken gumbo, and that cafeteria smell. Both incredibly nostalgic. I actually managed to disguise my self, putting my jacket over my head, snuck and ate 2nds. I was lucky the first time and got exposed the 2nd time.

Man I swear, school cafeteria had the most mysteriously unique taste. I used to stay in the cafeteria by 03-04 over recess for 2nds.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 04/16/18 at 1:02 am

When I was in school, lunchtime meant getting sandwiches thrown at me by girls!!

Written By: GH1996 on 04/16/18 at 1:03 am

Definitely do not miss school but i do miss some of the people

Written By: Howard on 04/16/18 at 5:36 am

Everyone mentioning that lunch I didn't realize I completely forgot about. I definitely miss school breakfast pizza and those warmed honeybuns, grits and sausage, chicken gumbo, and that cafeteria smell. Both incredibly nostalgic. I actually managed to disguise my self, putting my jacket over my head, snuck and ate 2nds. I was lucky the first time and got exposed the 2nd time.

Man I swear, school cafeteria had the most mysteriously unique taste. I used to stay in the cafeteria by 03-04 over recess for 2nds.

The lunches were small, you had hamburgers or maybe chicken or beef patties served with a small carton of milk maybe a fruit cup or an apple or pear.

https://cdn.psychologytoday.com/sites/default/files/styles/article-inline-half/public/blogs/102616/2013/09/133543-133269.jpg?itok=edxLOggD

Written By: Howard on 04/16/18 at 5:37 am

When I was in school, lunchtime meant getting sandwiches thrown at me by girls!!

food fights! :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/16/18 at 7:45 am

More food for you, and less for the girls to eat?

Written By: 2001 on 04/16/18 at 3:04 pm

More food for you, and less for the girls to eat?

Exactly, look at the bright side.

Written By: Howard on 04/17/18 at 7:38 am

I miss gym time in fact I believe in my closet I still have my old gym clothes that at gym time all of guys used to go to in the locker room and change and this was about 30 years ago.

Written By: Rainbowz on 04/18/18 at 9:34 pm

I already kind of miss elementary when teachers didn't give you homework on the weekend. ;D

Written By: Wobo on 04/18/18 at 10:03 pm

I already kind of miss elementary when teachers didn't give you homework on the weekend. ;D

Yeah good times.

Written By: 2001 on 04/18/18 at 11:15 pm

I don't remember this lol. In Grade 3 I already had tons of homework ;D

Written By: mjstudios97 on 04/19/18 at 4:19 am

I graduated high school in 2015, and I'd have to say from seventh grade to my sophomore year, I was a total mess. I had a lot of social anxiety, and I was also socially mute too.

I kind of get nostalgic I suppose, especially when I look back and realize how in hindsight easy and laid back those years actually were. I was kind of in my own little world back then.

As much as 11th and 12th grade definitely were the most uneasy years I had, I definitely missed my yearbook class the most, which was probably my highlight of those years. I had a pretty cool assortment of kids in my class, and they were all obnoxious but lovable at the same time.

I was never in extracurricular activities so the most involved I ever was would have to be in yearbook, an elective class.

I'm nostalgic for middle school as well, but only because after school I would have to stay for three hours as I lived a distance away, and I was reluctant to take the school bus. I was bored, with no mobile device, no entertainment devices, so I just hung out with friends at this program that was being offered after schoil. Basically they gave you blocks where you had activities. You had the enrichment block (arts and crafts, games, projects usually done in groups or socially), sports block, and homework time block which were all each an hour long. At the end of the week, or on minimum (half days) they showed movies which really opened the gateway to pop culture to me since I was living under a rock. That aspect of being bored after school, and being with other people was my favorite.

Now having graduated, I think I definitely lived up my experiences then even if I didn't go to those traditional middle school dances, high school football games, senior tailgate events, prom, although I went to the end of the year field trips so I shouldn't really complain anyway since those sufficed. As much as public K-12 education sometimes gets a bad rap, I think the best part was experiencing it with friends or your classmates, and growing together, which is the best way to enter adulthood. Of course, we didn't all get along at times but we all had one thing in common that unified us which was trying to become responsible, and independent adults.

It's definitely bittersweet now because I have a cousin in kindergarten who's starting the first grade in the fall, and I already wonder how she'll feel once she enters middle and high school. So much time to cultivate the character and discover new things.

Sorry, if this was overly sentimental. Nostalgia can do that to you.  ;D

Written By: Dr. Mario on 04/19/18 at 9:13 am

I graduated high school in 2015, and I'd have to say from seventh grade to my sophomore year, I was a total mess. I had a lot of social anxiety, and I was also socially mute too.

I kind of get nostalgic I suppose, especially when I look back and realize how in hindsight easy and laid back those years actually were. I was kind of in my own little world back then.

As much as 11th and 12th grade definitely were the most uneasy years I had, I definitely missed my yearbook class the most, which was probably my highlight of those years. I had a pretty cool assortment of kids in my class, and they were all obnoxious but lovable at the same time.

I honestly feel the same way about my junior high years and first couple years of high school as well. I'm still have five weeks left of my sophomore year. My middle school and first half of high school was just a wreck. I had some good times, but it was just an awkward time of my life. I've been anti-social and only have been able to keep one friendship all throughout this time. Not sure why I even posted this comment.

Written By: 2001 on 04/19/18 at 11:12 am

I honestly feel the same way about my junior high years and first couple years of high school as well. I'm still have five weeks left of my sophomore year. My middle school and first half of high school was just a wreck. I had some good times, but it was just an awkward time of my life. I've been anti-social and only have been able to keep one friendship all throughout this time. Not sure why I even posted this comment.

Well, I'm quoting it before you delete it ;D

I also suffered from social anxiety disorder in middle school/high school. Zero friends in middle school, and only a few friends from the first years of high school. Didn't start getting out of my shell until the last year of high school. 

But it's ancient history to me now, I don't get upset about it ;)

That was a beautiful post @mjstudios97

Written By: mwalker1996 on 04/19/18 at 4:10 pm

I don't remember this lol. In Grade 3 I already had tons of homework ;D
I always had homework in elementary school. It wasn't till Middle School where I didn't had homework.

Written By: GH1996 on 04/19/18 at 5:39 pm

What's homework? haha

Written By: mjstudios97 on 04/19/18 at 9:07 pm

It's cool. I had selective mutism which made it even harder. I was a mute-- haha and I got a lot of attention in the school for it. I broke out of that spell or phase later though. ;D

Honestly, the saying is true that once high school is over most people just move on because a lot of my high school friends have moved on with their lives and I rarely if ever text or see them maybe once in a while and it's still awkward when we see each other.  ;D

Written By: LooseBolt on 04/20/18 at 5:13 am

Certainly not. I miss the fudge out of college.

Written By: 2001 on 04/20/18 at 5:55 am

I just realized when you karma someone and click on the "+1/-0 karm for this message" thing in the corner, you can see someone's message UNCENSORED :o  :-X

Written By: Howard on 04/20/18 at 7:23 am

What's homework? haha

It's been well over 25 years I forgot what homework was. ;D

Written By: mwalker1996 on 04/20/18 at 10:57 am

It's been well over 25 years I forgot what homework was. ;D
Wow that's great.

Written By: Howard on 04/20/18 at 5:32 pm

Wow that's great.

and now I never have to do homework ever again and that's a good thing! ;D

Written By: Slim95 on 04/20/18 at 6:07 pm

and now I never have to do homework ever again and that's a good thing! ;D

I'm still in school  :(

Written By: Howard on 04/21/18 at 2:48 pm

I'm still in school  :(

What grade are you in? ???

Written By: 2001 on 04/21/18 at 4:24 pm

He's in university.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/21/18 at 6:44 pm

I'm not in any grade I'm in university haha  ;D

Written By: Howard on 04/22/18 at 2:46 pm

I'm not in any grade I'm in university haha  ;D

How's The university going?

Check for new replies or respond here...