inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Am I the only one who misses school?

Written By: SpyroKev on 01/29/16 at 11:53 am

I mainly miss middle school and high school, 2002-2006. I'll even throw in 2007 as one of my mains now. 2008-2010 were great but more life was present in school during 2002-2006. I made friends then, some I started off as enemies with I would consider temporary at the time now I'm realizing I could have called real friends. And don't even get me started on my miss opportunities haha I regret not visiting the last recent school I graduated from. No one would recognize me if I tried to now.

Subject: Re: Am I the only one who misses school?

Written By: musicguy93 on 01/29/16 at 12:44 pm

I mainly miss middle school and high school, 2002-2006. I'll even throw in 2007 as one of my mains now. 2008-2010 were great but more life was present in school during 2002-2006. I made friends then, some I started off as enemies with I would consider temporary at the time now I'm realizing I could have called real friends. And don't even get me started on my miss opportunities haha I regret not visiting the last recent school I graduated from. No one would recognize me if I tried to now.

Well, considering the fact that I was home-schooled in middle school, and was dealing with severe social anxiety and depression in high school. No, I really don't miss it. There were a few friends that I had, that I do miss, but the overall experience? No. I'm a lot happier with myself now.

Written By: Toon on 01/29/16 at 1:06 pm

I hated middle school and didn't care for high school. I'm more of a fan of college though. It's just you and bunch of other people between 18-24 (well this was the age group when I was in college). I did like the times in middle school and high school where I'd hang with some buddies. In grades 6-9 it was a group of good friends. In grades 10-12 it was mostly just people who I was cool with, but they were what I'd call just acquaintances. 

Written By: 2001 on 01/29/16 at 1:54 pm

I wish I enjoyed, I tried really hard to be optimistic and be positive. I guess if you asked me at the time, I would say I was happy. But looking retrospectively, it was truly miserable.

I also much prefer college/university. I've made great friends and memories here, and really grew as a person.

Written By: mqg96 on 01/29/16 at 2:19 pm

For high school I would say 1st semester of freshman year, 2nd semester of sophomore year, and all of senior year. In terms of the schedule I had, the friends I made, the lunches, and some of the pop culture. I would even say that I miss the easier life and the colorful kid culture from Kindergarten through 3rd grade as well. I don't miss any middle school years, and I hated junior year of high school so much.

Written By: Howard on 01/29/16 at 2:57 pm

I've been out of High School 24 years and I don't miss it.

Written By: SpyroKev on 01/29/16 at 3:43 pm

I can relate to everyone that strongly dislike middle school. The bad days I had in middle is my self to blame. My bad hygiene at the time threw most people off. I was fairly miserable from that alone. I was also already kind of antagonistic my self so I had to face some karma. Beside that, middle school was a pretty great time for me. I was too unaware of my self to worry about anxiety. The people I knew gave me great sympathy and cherish them for that. It was until 2005 passing to high school, I became more aware and anxious.

Written By: #Infinity on 01/29/16 at 3:53 pm

I absolutely miss high school.  It was basically the time in my life where I felt both most important, as well as most interested in other people.  My school was like a second home to me and the world just doesn't seem the same anymore ever since graduation.

Written By: Howard on 01/29/16 at 3:56 pm

I absolutely miss high school.  It was basically the time in my life where I felt both most important, as well as most interested in other people.  My school was like a second home to me and the world just doesn't seem the same anymore ever since graduation.

Were you in Special Ed?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/29/16 at 4:34 pm

The only school years I missed are my elementary school ones and 6th grade. 7th grade wasn't that bad, but 8th grade was one of the worst years that I've experienced.

Written By: violet_shy on 01/29/16 at 4:39 pm

I miss middle school sometimes. Grades 6 to 8. I attended middle school from 1991 to 1994. My favorite school year in middle school was 8th grade.

Written By: 2001 on 01/29/16 at 6:22 pm

Were you in Special Ed?

Naw, I believe Infinity went a really good private school.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/30/16 at 2:10 am

Middle School was kinda... ehh... Not the worst but not the greatest.

I don't care much for High School itself as I skipped class most of the time to skateboard and listen to my rad Pop Punk CD's (usually stuff like Hoss, Act Your Age, Dude Ranch, Twisted by Design among others) in my Discman. The feeling of the sun, the nice blue sky, all that fresh air and the sound of the rad music combined with the powerful feeling of the speed of my skateboard made me so glad I wasn't sitting in some class that would do nothing but dumb me down. It was so f*ckin' beautiful, man! I loved those days! :)

Written By: Howard on 01/30/16 at 8:15 am

Naw, I believe Infinity went a really good private school.

I was in Special Ed most of the 4 years.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/30/16 at 12:30 pm

I was in Special Ed most of the 4 years.

??? How come you were in Special Ed?

Written By: Ripley on 01/30/16 at 12:39 pm

I was in it. My school had it for kids who didn't understand homework, are slow minded, have mental/physical difficulties and troublemakers. I didn't understand homework so much I got frustrated and cried :(

Written By: Baltimoreian on 01/30/16 at 12:45 pm

I was in it. My school had it for kids who didn't understand homework, are slow minded, have mental/physical difficulties and troublemakers. I didn't understand homework so much I got frustrated and cried :(

That's sad.

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/30/16 at 3:39 pm

I had an English teacher who just hated me.  The minute you said something like "I don't understand this" he wouldn't explain it to you like he was supposed to.  :P
He told me one day "you should be in basic English class." I was thinking to myself "go f--k yourself! I'm not going to be knocked back to basic English classes because you didn't take the time to teach me anything." :P

Written By: Toon on 01/30/16 at 3:57 pm

I remember the good ol' days.

"I'll finish my homework"
> Proceeds to play video games for the next 6 hours

"Time to study for this test"
>Watches TV until I fall asleep.

What's that? Being a hard working student? That's what I call crazy talk, mate.

Written By: violet_shy on 01/30/16 at 4:34 pm

I had an English teacher who just hated me.  The minute you said something like "I don't understand this" he wouldn't explain it to you like he was supposed to.  :P
He told me one day "you should be in basic English class." I was thinking to myself "go f--k yourself! I'm not going to be knocked back to basic English classes because you didn't take the time to teach me anything." :P

My grade school teachers were always concerned because I didn't talk much. I was so shy!

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 01/30/16 at 4:43 pm

I miss 6th grade and my Junior/Senior years of high school. 7th-10th grade was a pretty bleak period in my life

Written By: Howard on 01/30/16 at 6:08 pm

??? How come you were in Special Ed?

Let's just say I had "behavior modification" problems in schools I attended.

Written By: Howard on 01/30/16 at 6:09 pm

I was in a classroom with other people who had mental and emotional problems.

Written By: Howard on 01/30/16 at 6:10 pm

That's sad.

I had that growing up most my life so that's where I stayed.

Written By: bchris02 on 01/30/16 at 7:49 pm

I graduated in 2004.  I had a streak of nostalgia for high school back around 2008ish, but I haven't missed it sense. I didn't even go to my 10 year reunion in 2014.  I missed a lot of opportunities as well during high school but I wouldn't go back if I had the opportunity.  Most of what I missed out on was not because of my own decision or apathy but because of my strict parents, which there was no way to change.  I would however, do college over again if I had the opportunity.  I made so many mistakes and missed so many opportunities during that era of my life.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/30/16 at 8:36 pm

He sounds like a bunghole!

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 01/31/16 at 2:26 am

He sounds like a bunghole!

That's one way of putting it.

Written By: JordanK1982 on 01/31/16 at 2:30 am

Jesus, you guys had some rough teachers. I'd had some bad ones but the most I've ever heard is "Jordan! You're a no good lazy slacker who never shows up to class!" I remember when my English teacher called me a dirty rat this one time because I told him his assignment wasn't going to teach me anything.

Check for new replies or respond here...