inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Deadpool on course for $500m as it clings to US number one slot

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/22/16 at 10:32 am

The 'anti-hero' movie Deadpool is already one of the biggest films of the year - becoming something of a surprise hit for 20th Century Fox as it grossed $152m (£108m) over four days on its opening weekend.

That made it the biggest opening for an R-rated movie (R meaning restricted, the equivalent of a 15 or 18 rating in the UK) of all time, beating Matrix Reloaded and The Hangover 2.

Well now it's on track to be the highest-grossing R-rated movie in history. It saw off competition from Risen and The Witch over the weekend to remain at the top of the US box office chart.

Deadpool is now just shy of grossing $500m (£354m)  to date, and it will almost certainly pass that milestone in the next day or two.

Subject: Re: Deadpool on course for $500m as it clings to US number one slot

Written By: 2001 on 02/22/16 at 5:31 pm

I watched it for my birthday. Great movie! 8)

Subject: Re: Deadpool on course for $500m as it clings to US number one slot

Written By: mqg96 on 02/22/16 at 5:52 pm

It was the perfect R rated movie for a Valentines Day weekend. A lot of R rated comic book movies in past haven't been that good or mediocre at best, like Kick-Ass 1 & 2, but Deadpool exceeded my expectations by a longshot and I'm looking forward to the sequel! I saw the movie Saturday night, a day after it was released. The line to get inside the Deadpool movie was so long and they were checking every single ticket like crazy. No shot of sneaking in.

Check for new replies or respond here...