inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Pokémon Sun/Moon announced for 3DS, set to release at the end of 2016

Written By: 2001 on 02/27/16 at 5:25 pm

Hype hype hype hype hype!!  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQV_7PKVJeE

Pokémon X and Y (2013) were my favourite. Pokémon Black was worlds better than Pokémon Diamond, so I am hoping for similar levels of improvement  :D

Subject: Re: Pokémon Sun/Moon announced for 3DS, set to release at the end of 2016

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/27/16 at 5:39 pm

Uhh... as much as I love Pokemon, I don't really think I'm getting the game. Generation VI was when I started to focus on something else, since over 730 species of Pokemon were like the start of its overpopulation. It's just gonna get to a point where the whole world is about 15 continents and over 1,500 Pokemon. It seems impossible for anyone to go through all of them.

Subject: Re: Pokémon Sun/Moon announced for 3DS, set to release at the end of 2016

Written By: 2001 on 02/27/16 at 5:46 pm

Uhh... as much as I love Pokemon, I don't really think I'm getting the game. Generation VI was when I started to focus on something else, since over 730 species of Pokemon were like the start of its overpopulation. It's just gonna get to a point where the whole world is about 15 continents and over 1,500 Pokemon. It seems impossible for anyone to go through all of them.

I haven't memorized any Pokémon past 251, but I still enjoy the games, with the most recent one being my favourite. Actually, in the last game, they introduced a lot of the "retro" Gen 1 Pokémon back in, which I think was pretty cool for keeping old fans in the loop.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/27/16 at 8:24 pm

I haven't memorized any Pokémon past 251, but I still enjoy the games, with the most recent one being my favourite. Actually, in the last game, they introduced a lot of the "retro" Gen 1 Pokémon back in, which I think was pretty cool for keeping old fans in the loop.

Yeah, the Kanto and Johto Pokemon were very memorable. I'd love seeing them throughout the regions of Pokemon Gold.

Written By: Toon on 02/27/16 at 8:37 pm

Pokémon X and Y (2013) were my favourite. Pokémon Black was worlds better than Pokémon Diamond, so I am hoping for similar levels of improvement  :D

Easy to see why a person named "Slowpoke" would be excited for more Pokemon. I may get around to getting the game later on if I ever get the chance. Haven't played Pokemon since Pokemon Pearl which was back in 2007. May get around to getting a the latest game.

Also this is semi-off-topic, but does anyone have the New 3DS?

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/27/16 at 8:38 pm

Easy to see why a person named "Slowpoke" would be excited for more Pokemon. I may get around to getting the game later on if I ever get the chance. Haven't played Pokemon since Pokemon Pearl which was back in 2007. May get around to getting a the latest game.

Not really. I don't even play my original 3DS nor my XL version that often.

Written By: #Infinity on 02/27/16 at 9:29 pm

I wonder just how ludicrous the Pokémon designs can get this generation.  I thought the Pokémon based on random inanimate objects like ice cream cones, garbage piles, lamps, swords, and keys were desperate enough, but who knows just where they might push the boundaries this time, especially if they actually focus more on new Pokémon as they did in Black and White.

Just for fun, I'm gonna make up my own list of crazy Pokémon for each type so that I can see how they compare to the actual new Pokémon in Sun and Moon:

Normal:  Stickee (a stick-figure Pokémon)
Grass:  Celerat (a celery Pokémon)
Fire:  Firewocky (a monstrous firework Pokémon)
Water:  Hozer (a water hose Pokémon)
Electric:  Batter-A (literally a battery Pokémon, not a plus/minus version of Pikachu)
Ground:  Shovla (a shovel Pokémon)
Flying:  Avito (an airplane Pokémon, not unlike Dusty Crophopper from Planes)
Ice:  Fridgid (a refrigerator Pokémon)
Rock:  Citakeep (a stone wall Pokémon)
Fighting:  Powboom (a boxing glove Pokémon)
Poison:  Tobaggot (a cigar Pokémon)
Psychic:  Cerewiz (a brain Pokémon, with "left" and "right" special abilities)
Bug:  Webb (a spiderweb Pokémon)
Ghost:  Holo (a hologram Pokémon)
Dragon:  Puffle (based on Puff the Magic Dragon)
Dark:  Emoth (an emo-goth Pokémon, certain to please Jordan)
Steel:  Sah (a saw Pokémon)
Fairy:  Wandel (a wand Pokémon)

Written By: mqg96 on 02/27/16 at 9:31 pm

Unfortunately I didn't get into Pokemon cards or games growing up. All I really knew was the TV show.... I mostly built lego toys and collected hot wheels cars during my free time.

Written By: 2001 on 02/27/16 at 9:40 pm

Dude! You missed out on the two best games in the series (Black and X)!

My friend bought a new 3DS, and it's the exact same thing as the old 3DS. I never saw it necessary to buy it, I am not a huge Amiibo fanboy.

I wonder just how ludicrous the Pokémon designs can get this generation.  I thought the Pokémon based on random inanimate objects like ice cream cones, garbage piles, lamps, swords, and keys were desperate enough, but who knows just where they might push the boundaries this time, especially if they actually focus more on new Pokémon as they did in Black and White.

Just for fun, I'm gonna make up my own list of crazy Pokémon for each type so that I can see how they compare to the actual new Pokémon in Sun and Moon:

Normal:  Stickee (a stick-figure Pokémon)
Grass:  Celerat (a celery Pokémon)
Fire:  Firewocky (a monstrous firework Pokémon)
Water:  Hozer (a water hose Pokémon)
Electric:  Batter-A (literally a battery Pokémon, not a plus/minus version of Pikachu)
Ground:  Shovla (a shovel Pokémon)
Flying:  Avito (an airplane Pokémon, not unlike Dusty Crophopper from Planes)
Ice:  Fridgid (a refrigerator Pokémon)
Rock:  Citakeep (a stone wall Pokémon)
Fighting:  Powboom (a boxing glove Pokémon)
Poison:  Tobaggot (a cigar Pokémon)
Psychic:  Cerewiz (a brain Pokémon, with "left" and "right" special abilities)
Bug:  Webb (a spiderweb Pokémon)
Ghost:  Holo (a hologram Pokémon)
Dragon:  Puffle (based on Puff the Magic Dragon)
Dark:  Emoth (an emo-goth Pokémon, certain to please Jordan)
Fairy:  Wandel (a wand Pokémon)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I agree that in Gen V (Black/White) they were very lazy with the designs, especially the evolutions. The evolutions were usually the previous Pokémon but just bigger. They picked up big time for Gen VI (X/Y) though, I thought they were rather creative. It's good that they didn't introduce many Pokémon last time around, there are already too many. They should focus on good designs.

Written By: SpyroKev on 02/27/16 at 9:50 pm

I can remember a good amount of Generation 3 now. But yeah. My heart is stuck with Kanto and Johto. The last thing I want to see from Pokémon is a console open world version or Pokémon Stadium 3.

Written By: 2001 on 02/27/16 at 9:54 pm

I can remember a good amount of Generation 3 now. But yeah. My heart is stuck with Kanto and Johto. The last thing I want to see from Pokémon is a console open world version or Pokémon Stadium 3.

I really want to see Pokémon Stadium 3. I always feel like I burnt out on Generation 3 because there was never a Pokémon Stadium game for it. I credit Pokémon Stadium 2 and the Pokémon Academy in the game for helping me memorize anything and everything about Generation 2.

Also, being able to play the handheld games at 3x speed made those games a lot more enjoyable too.

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 02/27/16 at 9:57 pm

Looks pretty bad ass! Unfortunately I stopped playing the video games around Gen IV :\'(

Perhaps I should try to get back in it ???

Yeah my personal favorites are Gens 1-3!

I really want to see Pokémon Stadium 3. I always feel like I burnt out on Generation 3 because there was never a Pokémon Stadium game for it. I credit Pokémon Stadium 2 and the Pokémon Academy in the game for helping me memorize anything and everything about Generation 2.

Also, being able to play the handheld games at 3x speed made those games a lot more enjoyable too.

That sounds pretty dope actually! Hopefully it'll be on the Wii U or better yet a launch title for NX!

Written By: 2001 on 02/28/16 at 9:59 am

Looks pretty bad ass! Unfortunately I stopped playing the video games around Gen IV :\'(

Perhaps I should try to get back in it ???

Yeah my personal favorites are Gens 1-3!

That sounds pretty dope actually! Hopefully it'll be on the Wii U or better yet a launch title for NX!

What is it with people stopping at Gen IV? It was the worst game in the series!  >:( You owe it to yourself to play Black/White and X/Y.

I hope so as well, but not if it's made by Genius Sorority (the guys who make Pokemon Colosseum, and Pokemon XD). They also made Pokemon Battle Revolution, which was supposed to be Pokemon Stadium 3, but they ruined it by not letting you choose your own Pokemon. Instead, you are assigned random Pokemon based on a wheel spin  8-P

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/28/16 at 10:07 am

What is it with people stopping at Gen IV? It was the worst game in the series!  >:( You owe it to yourself to play Black/White and X/Y.

I hope so as well, but not if it's made by Genius Sorority (the guys who make Pokemon Colosseum, and Pokemon XD). They also made Pokemon Battle Revolution, which was supposed to be Pokemon Stadium 3, but they ruined it by not letting you choose your own Pokemon. Instead, you are assigned random Pokemon based on a wheel spin  8-P

Maybe people just wanted to play the games more. Even though Gen IV Pokemon were extremely adorable (especially when it's my favorite generation, besides the games), teens and adults probably thought they were too old for Pokemon back then. But then Pokemon Black & White had a much more decent storyline, and then everyone was into it again.

Written By: 2001 on 02/28/16 at 10:41 am

Maybe people just wanted to play the games more. Even though Gen IV Pokemon were extremely adorable (especially when it's my favorite generation, besides the games), teens and adults probably thought they were too old for Pokemon back then. But then Pokemon Black & White had a much more decent storyline, and then everyone was into it again.

Naw, I was 14 when Pokemon Diamond came out. Before Pokemon, people didn't buy a DS because they thought it was kiddy, but after Pokemon pretty much everyone bought the system and it became socially acceptable to own it, as ironic as that sounds.

Written By: ocarinafan96 on 02/28/16 at 3:06 pm

I'm definitely am going to make up for it! And yeah hopefully the new Stadium game is good. Whats your favorite generation thus far?

Written By: 2001 on 02/28/16 at 3:16 pm

I'm definitely am going to make up for it! And yeah hopefully the new Stadium game is good. Whats your favorite generation thus far?

Awesome! Remember to skip Black/White 2, those are really complete money grabs.  ;D

Hmm, my favourite 'generation' is tricky. For video games, I liked the latest one the most (Gen 6). They introduced so many new features and gameplay mechanics, the game felt very fresh. For Pokemon designs, you can't beat the original 151  ;D They're all very memorable.

What about yours?

Check for new replies or respond here...