inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Rolling Stones to play concert in Cuba

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/01/16 at 11:14 am

It's just been announced that the Rolling Stones will perform in Havana, Cuba, on 25 March. 

Its organisers say the free concert - to take place at the Ciudad Deportiva de la Habana - will be the first open-air concert in the country by a British rock band.

The gig will follow the band's current tour - America Latina Ole - which recently stopped in Santiago (Chile), Buenos Aires (Argentina), Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo (Brazil).

Subject: Re: The Rolling Stones to play concert in Cuba

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/01/16 at 6:37 pm

They're playing in Cuba? Wow. That's awesome. Fifty years ago, it was a total communist state, now it's letting British rock bands play for the first time in their country.

Written By: 2001 on 03/01/16 at 7:01 pm

They're playing in Cuba? Wow. That's awesome. Fifty years ago, it was a total communist state, now it's letting British rock bands play for the first time in their country.

I believe Brits were always allowed in the country? I might be wrong. I know Canadians are, it's a favourite vacation spot of ours.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/01/16 at 7:30 pm

I believe Brits were always allowed in the country? I might be wrong. I know Canadians are, it's a favourite vacation spot of ours.

Wait, so Canadians were allowed to go to Cuba? Same with Brits? Wow, I may disrespect my country because Cuba was totally communist, but I just can't believe that now. Man, Americans were f*cking dicks towards anybody who hated communist countries back then. It even sucked more that we weren't allies (again) until recently.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/02/16 at 3:29 am

...and the concert is FREE!!!!

Written By: 2001 on 03/02/16 at 9:43 am

...and the concert is FREE!!!!

Communism is glorious.

Check for new replies or respond here...