inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sheridan Smith pulls out of Funny Girl performances

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/03/16 at 3:23 am

Sheridan Smith has pulled out of two performances of Funny Girl after her father became unwell.
London's Menier Chocolate Factory said the star would not appear in Wednesday's sold-out production after not taking part in Tuesday's show.
It added it would "take each day as it comes" and would "never ask nor expect an artist to perform in this situation".
Smith's father is reported to have been diagnosed with cancer.

Full report:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35708629

Subject: Re: Sheridan Smith pulls out of Funny Girl performances

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/10/16 at 7:46 am

Actress Sheridan Smith pulled out of another performance of Funny Girl in the West End on Monday.

Just hours before the show was due to start, the Savoy Theatre tweeted that understudy Natasha Barnes would take her place.

Sheridan tweeted: "I apologise profusely. Sorry! Sorry I'm not strong enough," before adding a comment seeming to blame the media for "letting down". 

Smith was also forced to defend herself on social media after looking noticeably disappointed when she lost out to Suranne Jones for the leading actress award at Sunday's Baftas.

She was nominated for her performance as a cancer patient in The C-Word.

"When will you stop bullying?" she wrote, while retweeting hurtful messages about her reaction to not winning.

The actress previously pulled out of two performances in March after her father became unwell.

Subject: Re: Sheridan Smith pulls out of Funny Girl performances

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/12/16 at 5:38 am

Producers of the West End musical Funny Girl have released a statement after the musical's leading lady, Sheridan Smith, pulled out of a third consecutive performance last night.

They said:

"We fully support Sheridan during this really difficult time and are encouraging her to take as much time off as she needs. We are doing everything possible to see that she gets appropriate care and support."

Smith wrote on Twitter on Monday that she was "not strong enough," and accused the press of bullying her.

"Well done press!" she added. "U let me down, the cast and everyone who spent money to see me." 

It is uncertain whether she will continue for the remaining five-month run.

However, ticket-holders will be happy to hear that Smith's understudy, Natasha Barnes, has won positive reviews across social media, and reportedly received a standing ovation.

Check for new replies or respond here...