inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Wet Wet Wet cancel their first gig in 30 years after Marti Pellow is taken ill

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/09/16 at 10:44 am

Wet Wet Wet have cancelled their first gig in 30 years after singer Marti Pellow was taken ill.

The Scottish band had been due to perform in Cardiff this evening but have called off the show with just hours to spare.

The Love Is All Around hitmakers posted on their Facebook page this afternoon: "It is with massive regret that due to Marti being taken ill, tonight's performance at Motorpoint Arena Cardiff has been cancelled.

"This is the first show in our 30-year history that has been cancelled due to ill health, and unfortunately it will not be possible to reschedule this particular show.

"The remaining shows on the tour will not be affected."

Ticket holders are being advised to go back to their point of purchase for a refund and the band say other dates on their The Big Picture tour will be unaffected.

A spokesperson for Motorpoint Arena Cardiff posted: "We're sorry to announce that Marti has been taken ill.

"Ticket holders will receive refunds - please go back to your point of purchase."

Subject: Re: Wet Wet Wet cancel their first gig in 30 years after Marti Pellow is taken ill

Written By: snozberries on 03/09/16 at 3:56 pm

Who Who Who?  :D

Subject: Re: Wet Wet Wet cancel their first gig in 30 years after Marti Pellow is taken ill

Written By: #Infinity on 03/09/16 at 4:57 pm

Who Who Who?  :D

They had a cover of the Troggs' song, "Love Is All Around," which was one of the most gigantic singles of the 90s in their native UK, though it only achieved marginal success in the US. The song appeared on the Four Weddings and a Funeral soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3gEkwhdXUE

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/09/16 at 5:00 pm

They had a cover of the Troggs' song, "Love Is All Around," which was one of the most gigantic singles of the 90s in their native UK, though it only achieved marginal success in the US. The song appeared on the Four Weddings and a Funeral soundtrack.

It topped the UK Singles Chart after just under three weeks and, fuelled by its appearance in the film Four Weddings and a Funeral, remained there for 15 consecutive weeks, the second longest stay at the top of that chart to date (beaten only by "(Everything I Do) I Do It for You" by Bryan Adams, which topped the chart for 16 weeks).

Written By: snozberries on 03/09/16 at 8:43 pm

Nope never heard of them.  Or the troggs.

I have heard that song but didn't know the name of it.

Thanks for the info. 

For
The record.  I shall promptly forget this conversation should it ever come up again.    :D
I just don't hold on to music trivia as well as other things. 

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/10/16 at 4:46 am

Thanks for the info. 

For
The record.  I shall promptly forget this conversation should it ever come up again.    :D
O0

Written By: Howard on 03/10/16 at 4:34 pm

Thanks for the info. 

For

I've heard of them but not their music.

Check for new replies or respond here...