inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Carol" tops poll of top 30 LGBT films

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/15/16 at 6:28 am

Oscar-nominated romance Carol has topped a survey of the top 30 LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) films ever made, conducted to mark the 30th anniversary of the London LGBT Film Festival which begins on Wednesday.

Todd Haynes's film, about a shopgirl and a socialite who embark on a lesbian affair in 1950s New York, was ranked ahead of titles like Brokeback Mountain, My Beautiful Laundrette and My Own Private Idaho by the 100-plus film-makers, writers and programmers who weighed in on the poll.

Here's what Haynes had to say about his drama, for which both Rooney Mara and Cate Blanchett (pictured above) were nominated for Oscars, being ranked at number one.

"I'm so proud to have Carol voted as the top LGBT film of all time in this poll launched for the Fest’s 30th edition. Carol is in illustrious company with so many films I love."

BFI Flare, the name by which the London LGBT Film Festival is now known, kicks off its latest edition with The Pass, a new British drama about a closeted Premier League footballer.

Subject: Re: "Carol" tops poll of top 30 LGBT films

Written By: #Infinity on 03/15/16 at 9:50 am

Carol is such a beautiful film. As you can probably imagine, I really lost myself in a trance when I saw it.

Check for new replies or respond here...