inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Madonna in the 2010's

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/18/16 at 2:31 am

Pop star Madonna has been labelled "breathtakingly arrogant" after coming on stage over two hours late in Brisbane, Australia.

Hundreds of angry fans walked out and got a refund before the singer finally appeared at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre at 23:15.

"One new mum with a babysitter just gave up," tweeted one fan at 23:00.

Madonna later said she was "hardly ever late" and joked: "It's you people that get here early that's the problem".

"Stay home, do your hair and makeup, have a tequila.

"Just come late and I won't have to come early. We've got three more shows and we want to fix the problem."

Full report:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35801704

Subject: Re: Madonna: Brisbane fans 'disgusted' by two-hour delay

Written By: gibbo on 03/18/16 at 3:32 am

Pop star Madonna has been labelled "breathtakingly arrogant" after coming on stage over two hours late in Brisbane, Australia.

Hundreds of angry fans walked out and got a refund before the singer finally appeared at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre at 23:15.

"One new mum with a babysitter just gave up," tweeted one fan at 23:00.

Madonna later said she was "hardly ever late" and joked: "It's you people that get here early that's the problem".

"Stay home, do your hair and makeup, have a tequila.

"Just come late and I won't have to come early. We've got three more shows and we want to fix the problem."

Full report:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35801704

Yes, not too respectful of her own fans. The problem was that the venue is a fair way from the city centre and the last buses and trains were leaving around 12:30 am. Because she didn't even take the stage until after 11:00 pm ... This meant many fans had no option but to leave in the first half of the show in order to catch their only transport home. On top of that it was a mid week show with many needing to work the following day. That show had been shifted from a Saturday night to the Wednesday night by Madonna because of earlier issues.

Then to have her turn up and joke that it was the fans fault for turning up too early ... Well, let's just say it didn't go down too well!  I think she lost a few fans that night.

Subject: Re: Madonna: Brisbane fans 'disgusted' by two-hour delay

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/18/16 at 5:02 am

Yes, not too respectful of her own fans. The problem was that the venue is a fair way from the city centre and the last buses and trains were leaving around 12:30 am. Because she didn't even take the stage until after 11:00 pm ... This meant many fans had no option but to leave in the first half of the show in order to catch their only transport home. On top of that it was a mid week show with many needing to work the following day. That show had been shifted from a Saturday night to the Wednesday night by Madonna because of earlier issues.

Then to have her turn up and joke that it was the fans fault for turning up too early ... Well, let's just say it didn't go down too well!  I think she lost a few fans that night.
I lost my respect for her the day I discovered she does not sign autographs for anyone!

Subject: Re: Madonna in the 2010's

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/21/16 at 6:58 am

Madonna has been granted permission to end the British legal action over the custody of her 15-year-old son, Rocco. The singer is in dispute with her ex-husband Guy Ritchie over where the teenager should live. Hearings have been held in both New York and London, but Madonna recently asked London's High Court to bring the English proceedings to a close.

Full report:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35862049

Check for new replies or respond here...